Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2015 8:10 PM
Oct 2013
Recommend anything you think we'll enjoy.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 16, 2015 8:29 PM
Oct 2013
A couple months ago I watched a anime called Barakamon. The anime isn't exactly a tranquil show however, it gives off the same feeling that some of my favorite tranquil anime do. The show is a Comedy, Slice of Life that takes place on a rural island in Japan. The show revolves around a young calligrapher named Handa Seishu who is trying to get back on his feet as a calligrapher, after punching a famous calligrapher. Anyways this show is more about the main character trying to adapt to his new way of life on the small island; that and his adventures the the local kids on the island. I would recomend watching this slow because I watched it way too fast.
Apr 22, 2015 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
Wolf Children aka Ookami no kodomo ame to yuki is incredibly calming with an exceptional soundtrack. Definitely in my top 10 list. It is a movie though, so the magic doesn't last forever.
Oct 3, 2015 7:55 PM
Oct 2013
I watched "Hoozuki no reitetsu" a few months back however, I just realized it would be a good show for this club. At first it doesn't seem like a tranquil anime but, once you get into it, it's really easy to watch and very enjoyable. It's unfortunite that it wasn't popular enough to get another season but, who knows? Maybe they will come out with something similar or better in the future.
Nov 23, 2015 8:49 PM
Oct 2013
Bartender is a seriously underrated show. I will admit this show is definitely not for everyone and can feel very slow if you are more interested in action anime. Personally I watch a shit ton of shonen anime and that’s the main reason I haven’t posted much in the club in recent months. Anyhow Bartender is an anime based off of a manga just like most others however, the concept behind it is not like most other anime. The fact that this shows manga got serialized and sold enough for an anime to be made is incredible. The show is about, you guessed it, bartending, not just any bartending but, proper bartending. The show is based around a character named Ryuu Sasakura, a bartender that has recently started bartending on his own. It’s hard to explain what’s appealing about the show so I would recommend googling it and watching the first episode. The show really opened my eyes about the bartending world and what it used to be/still is in some places. You’ll learn how certain drinks are made and the history behind them which is pretty cool.

Also for people actually reading this, MAKE SOME RECOMMENDATIONS YOU FUCKING TWATS. I haven’t added anything to the list in over a month and we keep getting more members. If you know a great anime and don’t know if it’s really tranquil or not, just post it anyway, I’m sure there are people willing to give it a shot and I want to see something new as well.
Jan 16, 2016 5:32 PM
May 2015
I thought I'd add some - they're all tranquil; however, some of them take place in cities, but even there it is peaceful. I suppose they all overlap with the slice-of-life genre. And, "yes", many of these are obvious and well-known, but, alas, you gotta find that out somehow! So, here's a wee list of some good ones:

(1) Kotonoha no Niwa [film].

(2) Haibane Renmei.

(3) Mushishi.

(4) Byousoku 5 Centimeter [film].

(5) Natsume Yuujinchou.

(6) Hotarubi no Mori e [film]
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Adding shows to the list

maxbox2397 - Aug 18, 2015

2 by WanderingOtaku97 »»
Apr 21, 2021 8:30 AM

» What's your favorite tranquil anime?

maxbox2397 - Nov 1, 2014

6 by sockerdricka »»
Nov 26, 2015 12:55 PM

» Favorite Wallpapers

maxbox2397 - Aug 17, 2015

2 by maxbox2397 »»
Aug 22, 2015 10:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.