Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 2, 2015 10:54 AM

Aug 2008
As one of many RWBY fans, including this group, I must say. It was shocking to learn of his death.

I never knew the man. But, nevertheless, he was a rare talent. For his work, starting with Dead Fantasy to RWBY -- I have this one hope: many people has been inspired by his work. May others take on his path; and do inspired work on their own. He was not just an animator. He was a creator of fictional worlds, that brought many people together.

Monty died. But may his spirit live on.
KyuuALFeb 2, 2015 10:57 AM
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 2, 2015 11:39 AM
Jan 2014
I don't think I've been able to get over his death yet. When I found out I excused myself form class and cried in the bathroom. Monty was truly special and one in a million. Rooster Teeth will never be the same without him.
Feb 2, 2015 9:50 PM

Oct 2012
I agree it won't be the same without him he was a very unique and talented person, however I hope he inspires other to take leaps of faith like he was able to do. RoosterTeeth may not be the same, but it does not mean it shouldn't grow to become better while Monty was there.

I'm sure many of you have seen this, but here it is for those who haven't.
Monty's Google Memorial

Rest in Peace Mounty.
Feb 2, 2015 10:40 PM

Nov 2012
Monty had a style that was very distinguishable from other animators. He will continue to live on through his family, friends, fans, and magnificent pieces of art. Rest in peace Roosterteeth's resident Asian

Wanaziba said:
I'm sure many of you have seen this, but here it is for those who haven't.
Monty's Google Memorial

That's pretty impressive. Times like these are when I'm proud to be a part of the RT community. Unfortunately it's uneditable right now but I hope the creator reopens it to the public soon.
Feb 3, 2015 4:53 PM

Nov 2012
Monty is an inspiration to me and I'm very grateful for his work. RIP Monty.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Feb 4, 2015 1:10 AM

Aug 2008
I have to say. When it comes to "celebrity deaths", I have never felt it more than this. It was a mixture of the speed at which it happened, plus the timing of it. To some degree, I've been feeling quite physically ill about it.

(FYI - I was hating on the Patriots this weekend.) So, I got myself a double blow here. Of course, the news regarding Monty was far far more impacting.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Feb 4, 2015 7:44 AM
May 2014
Never got to meet Monty Oum, but i thank him for showing me his animation and getting me involved with this type of community, wish I could of got to meet him. "When Gamers die they simply respawn in another life" Rest in peace.
Feb 14, 2015 7:45 PM

Jun 2013
Didn't know he died until today. RIP Mr. Oum. You will be greatly missed by the community.
Feb 14, 2015 11:39 PM

Jul 2008
One of the great animators has left the world :( hope he is at peace.
Feb 15, 2015 7:36 AM
Sep 2013
It's already been a while but I'm still having a really hard time convincing myself this is real.
I didn't know him in person, but I appreciated everything he did so, so much; I appreciated him so much as a creator, and he always looked like such an awesome person in all those interviews. Plus... those who did know him in person make it sound like he was a truly great person, which I appreciate even more.
It was so sudden... I hoped it was some sort of sick joke when I first heard the news. I wish it was.
Feb 16, 2015 9:27 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
RIP Monty. You will be loved and missed for ages to come.
Feb 20, 2015 4:55 PM

Feb 2009
Just as KyuuAL said, I've never really felt a celebrity death hit as hard as Monty's. It was hard for me to pinpoint why this is the case at first, but after some time I think the answer came to me.

As an art student, gamer, and anime fan, I had a tremendous amount of respect for him. When you hear what an extremely hard worker he is and how devoted Monty becomes to a project, you can't help but respect his resolve. How many people can honestly say they've devoted as much time to their craft as he has? Thrown 120% to their passion and their love. I can't even count how many times I've lost interest or given up to a project simply because it's gotten too hard or I just don't feel like working on it. Monty has achieved great success. Among so many other things, he's done something many of us artists and anime fans will only ever get to dream of; seeing his anime ideas come to life.

After reading the blog post Ross O'Donovan (from Game Grumps) wrote about his friendship with Monty, it makes me question what I'm doing with my life. Why did I stop drawing? Why did I let "adulthood" get in the way of my old passions? Why do I keep making excuses? Not only was Monty a passionate person, he loved to see other people's passion. From what I understand, he was the kind of person that didn't just want to hear your ideas, but see your work until you could show him the final product. A person that didn't want to hear your excuses or see you stop. He would have believed in you, even if you didn't believe in yourself.

It's been at least two years since I so much as touched a sketch book, but as of recently I've started drawing again. I want to sharpen my skills and even take it further than before. It's extremely unfortunate that it takes the death of someone I admire to return to my old love of art, but I'd rather resume my journey now than sit in a rut with Monty in my head asking me why I'm making excuses.

Never forget to tell the ones you love how much you care about them before they're gone, and don't forget Monty's words:

"Keep moving forward."
Oct 8, 2018 9:20 PM
Oct 2018
should have been shot with with a gun
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What is your RWBY weapon?

KyuuAL - Mar 8, 2015

22 by DreamingGhost »»
May 29, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Favorite Team RWBY Girl?

Wanaziba - Sep 7, 2013

34 by DreamingGhost »»
May 29, 2023 7:02 AM

» RWBY Pairings

KyuuAL - Sep 15, 2014

19 by YangXaioLong »»
Oct 8, 2018 9:22 PM

Sticky: » RWBY Pictures ( 1 2 )

AkuroSoji - Aug 10, 2013

96 by YangXaioLong »»
Oct 8, 2018 9:21 PM

Poll: » Team RWBY vs Team JNPR

KyuuAL - Sep 6, 2013

18 by YangXaioLong »»
Oct 8, 2018 9:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.