Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2015 8:08 AM
Aug 2009
Howdy,

In my current infrastructure I'm having all of my Animes stored on a NAS...
Since I tend to waste my time doing other things than watching stuff when i'm on my computer, i've built up quite a bunch of things that i definately want to watch. I figured i could watch an episode a day using my tablet when i'm about to go to bed.

Then i had an idea. Since I'm a lazy ass I'd be too lazy to update my animes manually when watching with my tablet. So I figured i could ask here if an Android app would be something others could appreciate as well...

It'd only need those basic features at first:
- Set up Anime folders
- Fetch Anime List from MAL
- On starting an episode it'd need to find the right episode in the Anime folders, pass the filepath to any app (y'know... the usual "open with"-thingie) and update the entry on MAL

Doesn't sound tooooo complicated, eh?
Please correct me if i missed something important.

Now I'm aware that you (Kotori) might've never programmed an Android app (me neither, but I'm a developer too) and i'm pretty sure that most code that'd need to be written will be completely from scratch but i think your algorithm to find episodes could be pretty handy when developing.

Does that all sound like something others would like to see too or is it just me?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 8, 2015 2:10 PM
Aug 2009
That feedback...
Feb 9, 2015 3:24 AM
Nov 2010
I have no strong opinion one way or the other.
Feb 13, 2015 1:10 PM

Oct 2010
i've been thinking about making the switch from iOS to android for some and i'd love it if there was an app for MAL on there as well! :O
blog.::.patreon.::.

Feb 19, 2015 9:04 AM

Aug 2012
chubar said:
i've been thinking about making the switch from iOS to android for some and i'd love it if there was an app for MAL on there as well! :O

There is and it's called Pocket MAL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.g.pocketmal&hl=en

It doesn't update automatically when you watch but still very good.
Feb 20, 2015 4:04 PM

Jul 2009
Kotori, the creater of MALU, has mentioned that he might port his app to Android one day after MALU v3 is released. When that's going to occur I don't think even Kotori knows.
Mar 14, 2015 9:18 PM

Oct 2010
damikiller37 said:
chubar said:

There is and it's called Pocket MAL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.g.pocketmal&hl=en

It doesn't update automatically when you watch but still very good.

^ This app is freaking amazing. Works perfectly. Ignore "MAL for Android 2". Always has issues every few updates and doesn't add start/finish dates. PocketMAL does actually update automatically, for me anyway. Never had any issues with for the 2 years I've been using it and best of all it adds start/finish automatically.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 2:05 PM

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 1:58 PM

Sticky: » [Bug reports / Help] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kotori - Feb 19, 2008

5259 by Bahamut_Zero »»
Sep 27, 2022 5:06 PM

» How Does This Thing Work And How Do I Set It Up

ahmed0112 - Jun 14, 2020

2 by Lion3MAL »»
Mar 14, 2022 6:52 PM

» Where is the "theme" folder located?

Legends_of_anime - Jan 13, 2021

1 by TimidSquid »»
Feb 3, 2021 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.