Forum Settings
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 30, 2014 4:26 AM
Feb 2014
i stumbled across fuuka today and unfortunately in doing so i also found out a tad to much info -_-
Anyway how is fuuka a sequel to suzuka,

i have had the urge to watch suzuka for a while since i have had it for a few months now.
so should i watch suzuka first
Also which is better the manga or the nanime of suzuka
I only read books i have already read
Nov 30, 2014 7:08 AM

May 2013
The main character of Fuuka is the daughter of the main character of Suzuka.

I haven't read/watched both but if I ever wanted to try it, I would go for the manga. The manga have 18 volumes. No way the anime could cover all.
Nov 30, 2014 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
Fuuka doesn't spoil much of Suzuka. In fact I caught up with Fuuka before reading Suzuka, but I still would recommend reading Suzuka first. Everything makes more sense that way.

Also btw if you like Suzuka and Fuuka, you may as well check out Kouji Seo's other works.
Nov 30, 2014 10:11 AM

Nov 2008
You can read fuuka without reading or watching Suzuka first, its not directly related the story but you dont get the same feeling.

I think that is better to read suzuka first and then Fuuka, and also is better the manga of Suzuka than the anime because the manga keeps going after the end of the anime.

:D

Nov 30, 2014 11:55 AM

Feb 2012
Fuuka is the daughter of 2 main characters from Suzuka.

Pretty simple :D

But yeah read Suzuka first, cause in Fuuka some characters from Suzuka are mentioned and appear, so you'll understand their cameos better after knowing who they are from Suzuka.
Jan 7, 2017 12:58 AM

Nov 2009
you should read the manga or watch the anime of Suzuka the anime stops in the half way of the manga but its ending is satisfying enough to leave you with a complete feeling even if you haven't read the manga for Fuuka the only related stuff it that you will get to know her parents as they where her age and getting together don't know if they are addressed in Fuuka haven't read it yet so that might spoil you the previews manga couple ending more or less
Hi !!!
Apr 10, 2017 9:01 PM
Oct 2015
this post should have *spoiler* tag cuz it spoils the Suzuka. now I know that both main character end up together. I was expecting one of them dies or something.

PS: JK. Don't take this reply seriously. :P
Jun 21, 2017 4:45 PM
Apr 2016
Ramkec said:

But yeah read Suzuka first, cause in Fuuka some characters from Suzuka are mentioned and appear, so you'll understand their cameos better after knowing who they are from Suzuka.
Ramkec said:

then that means that fuuka is yeaaaars into the future also it's good to see that the MC does get a happy end with Suzuka which is rare in anime now a days still can't believe fuuka is their daughter tho I expected more as Suzuka's new sister or cousin but daughter wtf so now I know who the track teams leader was talking about lol also can't believe it went from sports to music but I'm more of a music guy anyways so lol
Jun 24, 2017 6:39 AM
Jun 2017
Hi Guys,

I would like to know is "Fuuka" the name of the series stands for Akitsuki Fuuka or Aoi Fuuka? And if it stands for Akitsuki why Aoi named as Fuuka?
Jun 29, 2017 1:53 AM

Jan 2016
I agree with the rest that reading Suzuka, while not technically necessary, greatly enhances the story in Fuuka. Seo likes to have characters from his other works make cameos too. In fact Fuuka herself actually first appeared with her mother as a little girl at the end of Suzuka. Then we see her running into someone at the very end of Kimi no Iru Machi at what appears to be just a few minutes before the first chapter of Fuuka.

So while not essential, reading Seo's other works makes it feel like everything is happening in a much bigger world and you start to notice Easter eggs and cameos.

charlespwnage said:
then that means that fuuka is yeaaaars into the future

Not really. Given the technology in Suzuka (i.e. flip phones, TV/DVD combos, the fact Yamato hadn't heard of VoIP internet calling before) it puts that series sometime in the very early 2000s. This makes since given the original one-shot came out in 2003 and the series followed in 2004.

Given that the series starts with the main characters in high school, I would say Fuuka easily takes place in present day.
Jul 4, 2017 10:50 AM

Dec 2014
since the others up there is already blurting out the fact about yamato and suzuka's relationship, i may just as well give my two cents.

just by reading fuuka first would make you get spoiled about ...

Jul 4, 2017 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
King_The2nd said:
Hi Guys,

I would like to know is "Fuuka" the name of the series stands for Akitsuki Fuuka or Aoi Fuuka? And if it stands for Akitsuki why Aoi named as Fuuka?

you could call it stands for both, since Akitsuki is gone and Aoi became one of the main series. what would be the meaning of "fuuka" as the title if there's no fuuka in the story? so i personally theorized that Seo Kouji wants us to think that fuuka aoi (or another fuuka who would come up later if there's more) would be the one who become yuu's lover by the end of the series, just like suzuka, but then giving us some twist that yuu'll be with koyuki hisashi bcs for god sake she's the best girl in this series!!!
Jul 14, 2021 12:17 PM
May 2021
so i have to watch fuuka now?

More topics from this board

» what seo had to say about the future of Fuuka

Spider-titan55 - Feb 18, 2015

21 by ersdtrycgh »»
Sep 29, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 184 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2018

10 by HectorBlaze »»
Apr 20, 2022 4:55 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 195 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

37 by Stargazingx »»
Mar 12, 2022 3:52 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Feb 8, 2014

111 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 8, 2022 11:56 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amalader - Oct 27, 2014

279 by AnimeVibes_YT1 »»
Apr 14, 2021 8:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.