Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
Topic Question
Oct 26, 2014 8:04 PM
Mar 2014
I feel it would've been a perfect fit. Maybe it's just because Tomoko reminds me of a socially awkward Konata.
Nov 2, 2014 2:53 AM

May 2012
Noooooooope. Only Nyanners!

Nov 8, 2014 6:25 AM
Aug 2008
So let me guess...there are people out there that are *****ing and moaning,saying Monica Rial wasn't a good choice to play the english voice for Tomoko even though I thought and STILL think she pulled it off very well and would rather have Monica voice her then someone else like Wendee or Luci,Brina Palencia,etc?

Again I prefer Monica voicing Tomoko cuz imo she has better experience voicing characters like Tomoko...if they had say Wendee Lee voice her instead she would've sounded too old which brings me to my next CLEARLY valid reason (Which I'm pretty sure I'm probably gonna get hate comments,etc for and have heard people ***** and moan about MANY times)....

The reason WHY us people who like english dubs prefer them over most of the original Japanese ones is cuz we like realism in our anime in terms of voice acting.One of the known facts in Watamote is that Tomoko is obviously older then she physically appears hence why in both dubs she's referred to as Tomoki' BIG sister.

SO it's only natural and makes SENSE that Tomoko be voiced by Monica Rial whom again imo can make a 20 something year old female character actually SOUND her age the way she's SUPPOSE to sound or at least close to it.

I mean no offense I love how Japanese female Seiyuus voice female characters and all,but when it's REALISM we're going for here not EVERY SINGLE female character is suppose to have a squeaky,high-pitch voice for someone their age.
DasFinsternis21Nov 8, 2014 6:29 AM
Jan 27, 2015 2:17 AM
Jun 2013
I personally think this was perfect casting. The acting and voice fit so well with tomoko.
Jan 27, 2015 2:33 AM

Aug 2014
This was probably my favorite performance by Monica Rial. I'm not sure Wendee Lee would've sounded awkward enough; Monica had that high pitched, frantic insanity in her voice that captured Tomoko's inner thought process perfectly.

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Apr 26

1 by CatChud »»
Apr 26, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.