Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 23, 2014 1:54 PM

Dec 2013
I've had K-ON on my PTWL for so long now and always when I finish an anime I'm about to start with K-ON but always ends up watching something else so now after finishing an anime series a couple of mnutes ago the question is back should I watch K-ON next..
Here is what I'm looking for when looking for a new series:

+ I like a good romance story above all else.
+ I like animes that reaches to me and makes me get emotional (prefering happy feelings above sad feeelings)
+ I like to laugh, comedy in other words
+ I like to get an EPIC feeling (Ex: Fate/zero, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Death Note, Steins;s gate) which often exists in Dark animes
+ I like adventure and supernatural stuff
+ I like to get surprised
+ I LOVE A GOOD ENDING SO I CAN LEAVE THE ANIME WITH EASE
+ Good and/or well made characters

- Bad ending (this can make me drop the score extremely much)
- Obvious plot/spoilers (this is the same as the anime got no spoilers since you can figure everything out very easily)
- Bad characters (makes you annoyed or thinking WTH the creators were thinking putting them there)
- Drama without romance (these animes are just plain shit)
- Extremely long dialouges (talking for entire episodes in the same conversation just makes me fall asleep)

IS K-ON SOMETHING FOR ME AND WHY!?

If it is, I'll watch it. And please recommend me something more if you want! :)

If not, recommend me something else.. please! :)

I'm sorry for any spelling misstakes!

Mod Note: Moved to Series Sub-Board from Recommendations.
rodacOct 23, 2014 5:57 PM

Oct 23, 2014 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
Overall it's a nice show. Looking at your list i think you will like it. I say definitely give it a try.

Also watch Zetsuen no Tempest from your PTW. It's exciting with good story+characters+ending. Looking at your favorites list i think you'll like it.
HostClubOct 23, 2014 2:11 PM
Oct 23, 2014 2:10 PM

Jan 2008
Probably, it doesn't have those epic feels obviously but you might get a similar satisfaction from the concert scenes. Aside from that, cute girls doing cute things and eating a shit ton of cake.
Oct 23, 2014 2:37 PM

Oct 2012
If you have a love for slice-of-life, K-On is a must. It's a very character-driven show, so it may take some time to adjust. If you keep watching (particularly in the second season), you may find that you are really enjoying the show. K-On encompasses the characters' lives in high school from their freshman year to their senior year, as they grow closer together and take part in some wacky hijinks. It isn't so much about the music; it's more about watching the characters interact. Episodes are quite humorous and are also pretty consistent. There is also a B-team of sorts. In some episodes, K-On focuses on a secondary group of characters, so you get to see the lives of people outside the mains. Hope that helps!
Oct 23, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2009
K-On! is for everyone
Oct 23, 2014 3:06 PM

Dec 2013
HostClub said:

Also watch Zetsuen no Tempest from your PTW. It's exciting with good story+characters+ending. Looking at your favorites list i think you'll like it.

Thank you! It's getting hard to decide which anime I shall watch next after each show I see so will add it to my (on-hold list) where I add all "shall watch next" animes ^^ (+ all animes I actually have on-hold so..)

Paul said:
Probably, it doesn't have those epic feels obviously but you might get a similar satisfaction from the concert scenes. Aside from that, cute girls doing cute things and eating a shit ton of cake.

We all love them cute girls right? ^.^

toyall123 said:
If you have a love for slice-of-life, K-On is a must. It's a very character-driven show, so it may take some time to adjust. If you keep watching (particularly in the second season), you may find that you are really enjoying the show. K-On encompasses the characters' lives in high school from their freshman year to their senior year, as they grow closer together and take part in some wacky hijinks. It isn't so much about the music; it's more about watching the characters interact. Episodes are quite humorous and are also pretty consistent. There is also a B-team of sorts. In some episodes, K-On focuses on a secondary group of characters, so you get to see the lives of people outside the mains. Hope that helps!

Thank you for that explaination! It did help, I know now that I atleast will give it a shot! :)

Oct 23, 2014 3:08 PM
Feb 2014
K-On is a neat show, but Love Live's a little more entertaining to me since that too is a show that's often compared with it.
Oct 23, 2014 3:11 PM

Sep 2010
Just watch it.
Oct 23, 2014 3:20 PM

Aug 2014
Loved K-On
10/10
would recommend
Oct 23, 2014 3:37 PM

Nov 2009
K-on is great
-☾✩
Oct 23, 2014 3:47 PM

Dec 2013
LEMonSenpai said:
Loved K-On
10/10
would recommend

You gave the first season a 6 xD

Nontheless I will give it a shot

Nov 29, 2014 5:19 AM

Jul 2014
Bacahill said:
K-On! is for everyone

I would have to disagree.

I'm not saying K-On! was horrible. I even ended up watching the 2nd season as well. But I feel like there was too much hype over this series. I did enjoy it enough to watch all the episodes but to this day I don't get why people love it so much. >_<
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

344 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DaBigD - Jun 11, 2009

199 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.