Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2014 5:58 AM
Jan 2014
Balakirev said:

Watch this from 1:25- 2:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKVqPzYXEeg

They actually look at the real performance, and fit the movements to the anime. That stack of paper he's holding at 1:41 is 5 seconds' worth.

Wow this is good stuff. It would be awesome if they released some special episode where they showed how the performance scenes were produced in detail.
Nov 28, 2014 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
Balakirev said:
Watch this from 1:25- 2:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKVqPzYXEeg

Nice one, thanks for sharing !
Nov 28, 2014 7:38 AM

Oct 2013
I really like the performances. Although my favorite was when Kousei played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star back in episode 3. I hope someone plays the Flight of the Bumblebee.
Nov 28, 2014 11:22 PM

Oct 2014
Although it won't happen, but I really wish that Kousei and Kaori will do a piano and violin duet of Canon in D in the end of series... Sigh, one man can just only hope...
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Nov 28, 2014 11:27 PM

Jul 2012
TommyTeabags said:
There's something about classical music that doesn't please my ears. I haven't analyzed any classical music but I suspect it is the chord progressions and harmonies.

Which in particular irk you? Is it the Shigatsu ones because their piano solos aren't my favourite type of classical either. I prefer simpler piano pieces (Moonlight Sonata or Clair De Lune for example) compared to the really complex Chopin pieces they played in episode 8.

-RIPriest- said:
I hope someone plays the Flight of the Bumblebee.

YOOOO YES I AGREE
Nov 29, 2014 1:17 AM
Mar 2014
mediocre. the classical arrangements aren't anything impressive and their emotional impact is only due to the direction and art carrying it along. it's not worth really listening to.
the ost itself is just OK, exploration of glitch music is much more interesting but the composer never manages to make a compelling piece to go along with it

FloatingList said:
Although it won't happen, but I really wish that Kousei and Kaori will do a piano and violin duet of Canon in D in the end of series... Sigh, one man can just only hope...

this would be good
Nov 29, 2014 4:14 AM

Oct 2014
mayukachan said:

Which in particular irk you? Is it the Shigatsu ones because their piano solos aren't my favourite type of classical either. I prefer simpler piano pieces (Moonlight Sonata or Clair De Lune for example) compared to the really complex Chopin pieces they played in episode 8.

You know, Clair de Lune is included as well in the OST CD

sevendeadlywins said:
mediocre. the classical arrangements aren't anything impressive and their emotional impact is only due to the direction and art carrying it along. it's not worth really listening to.
the ost itself is just OK, exploration of glitch music is much more interesting but the composer never manages to make a compelling piece to go along with it

Uhm, just.... no. I don't know whether it's a matter of preference, but saying them not really worth listening to is just an exaggeration. Are you perhaps comparing those arrangements with the original arrangements? I'm blind about classical music, nor have I heard their original arrangements. But IMO, those pieces are simply beautiful. These last three days, I've been repeating Violin Sonata No.9 Kreutzer first movement, Liebsleid, and Rondo Capriccioso like.. a lot of times.

Btw,

sevendeadlywins said:

FloatingList said:

this would be good

Thanks for agreeing with my point.

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen

Nov 29, 2014 7:45 AM

Jul 2012
FloatingList said:
mayukachan said:

You know, Clair de Lune is included as well in the OST CD

I know, which is why I'm looking forward to it.
Nov 29, 2014 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
sevendeadlywins said:

Wut ?
I think I didn't understand, by "glitch music", are you really refering to glitch music (with artists like Alva Noto ou Squarepusher) ?
If it's the case, yeah but no actually. I don't even get the connection.

Btw, there is no "classical arrangements" in this show.
Nov 29, 2014 9:23 AM

Feb 2014
sevendeadlywins said:

Thats like, irrelevant. The OST is already fine (nothing outstanding, just ambient music), and the anime simpleness doesn't give much space for glitch (easy scenarios to include it would be heavy dramatic moments, or more 'obscure' situations). If what you mean is to mixture classical music with glitch, then no, the world has gotten enough of this. Even academic electronic music have problems with making audible pieces.
Nov 29, 2014 5:46 PM
Jan 2014
sevendeadlywins said:

FloatingList said:

this would be good

Really? you're calling Chopin etudes not impressive and not worth listening to?

Basically you just told everyone that everything you say about music is irrelevant and not to be taken seriously. Pleb.

You better go see a doctor for your ears. You might have a disease called shit taste in music.

PrinceTYNov 29, 2014 5:49 PM
Dec 5, 2014 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
In terms of duets that I really want to hear Kaori and Kousei play are these two:

If I would choose a depressed song that I want to hear in the Anime I would choose this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRiJ9dlu6ew

Yeah, I know, it's not classical but I think it's my favorite song with the piano and violin. But it is the opposite of the main purpose of the Anime XDD

My second favorite song that actually suits the Anime and is cheerful is this arrangement of Brave Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7axerDnDgs

*Edit:
PrinceTY said:

Really? you're calling Chopin etudes not impressive and not worth listening to?

Basically you just told everyone that everything you say about music is irrelevant and not to be taken seriously. Pleb.

You better go see a doctor for your ears. You might have a disease called shit taste in music.

You should be not so mad against people who dislike this music. Don't forget we live in the 21th century and very little young people still likes classical music :(
The disliking of classical music is very strong these days because pop and eletronic music has taken over the world.
Those music genres are much much more interesting and even strong pieces like the Chopin Etudes does not impress people these days.
Unless you play them in rl :D
Bu still...
ByronFlintDec 5, 2014 2:42 PM
“The One With The Stronger Heart, Always Wins The Battle!!!”
[i]
Let's Go Out of Here..... Together.....
(Yes, that red-car with a mustache is my car :D )
Dec 5, 2014 8:36 PM
Jan 2014
VortrexSx said:

You should be not so mad against people who dislike this music. Don't forget we live in the 21th century and very little young people still likes classical music :(
The disliking of classical music is very strong these days because pop and eletronic music has taken over the world.
Those music genres are much much more interesting and even strong pieces like the Chopin Etudes does not impress people these days.
Unless you play them in rl :D
Bu still...

It's just sad to see how society's music taste has devolved over time.

Sure it's okay to listen to popular songs or whatever. But the moment somebody says classical music is uninteresting, boring, unimpressive or what. My pleb detector starts to go crazy, my shit taste alarm goes off. And especially Chopin etudes. Wow, it's really obvious this person is uncultured and stupid.

Whether you like it or not, classical music is still elite music. I'm okay if people don't listen. but give it the respect it deserves.
Dec 6, 2014 12:43 AM

Feb 2014
"Pleb detector"
Dec 6, 2014 2:47 AM

Oct 2014
surfboard_ said:
"Pleb detector"

Dec 6, 2014 12:24 PM

Sep 2012
What are you guys talking about, this this the "unplayable piece," the most difficult piece in existence! La Cinquette!

Anything else is for beginners. Come on guys, if Elijah Wood has trouble with it, who won't?
Dec 6, 2014 12:28 PM

Jul 2012
^ What about this makes it the most "difficult piece in existence"?
Dec 6, 2014 1:58 PM
Aug 2013
Pretty clear and very good
Dec 7, 2014 6:26 PM

Sep 2012
mayukachan said:
^ What about this makes it the most "difficult piece in existence"?

... it's a joke. I thought my generous use of exclamation points and playful tone, along with a clever allusion to the actor of the movie I'm referencing, made that clear.
Dec 9, 2014 4:29 PM

Mar 2012
Really amazing so far, especially with the feels I've had watching last week's episode as I had to break down in tears (like I usually would when there are moments that actually make me want to cry in certain anime) in the first five minutes of it.

But yeah, I wonder if anyone here does have experienced feels while watching this anime :3
Dec 10, 2014 3:49 AM
Mar 2014
surfboard_ said:
sevendeadlywins said:

Thats like, irrelevant. The OST is already fine (nothing outstanding, just ambient music), and the anime simpleness doesn't give much space for glitch (easy scenarios to include it would be heavy dramatic moments, or more 'obscure' situations). If what you mean is to mixture classical music with glitch, then no, the world has gotten enough of this. Even academic electronic music have problems with making audible pieces.

Yeah, the OST is subtle ambient for the most part. The glitch influence I was talking about was in the first couple of episodes, but it seems to have faded away.
But no. I don't want classical pieces mixed with electronic elements. I couldn't trust any producer to do that. So I agree.
Dec 10, 2014 8:57 AM

Jul 2012
sevendeadlywins said:
But no. I don't want classical pieces mixed with electronic elements. I couldn't trust any producer to do that. So I agree.

+100000
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.