>A show that thinks it's smarter than it is

So like 99% of anime?
Aug 22, 2014 3:23 AM

May 2013
theniel said:
RevolverSnake said:
>A show that thinks it's smarter than it is

So like 99% of anime?

You're 100% correct, and that's my point. Funimation's advertising and the reviews of this show make it out to be a lot more than the show actually accomplishes.

I went in to it expecting something that didn't get delivered on. It's a high rated show and I just figured maybe it's the dub and Funi that set it up to be something it's not. If you watched the sub maybe it is a more cohesive narrative? I don't know.

I don't know. I haven't watched it yet. I just came her to post my edgy opinion.
Oct 5, 2014 7:32 PM
Jun 2013
For the most part I've kinda learned not to go into a show via an advertisement by a licensing company. Recently I've been rewatching Code Geass on the Bandai DVDs and I've always looked at the trailers they have on the extras. For stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, all the other stuff they had. And let me tell you, if the first interaction I had with Cowboy Bebop was with that Bandai Trailer, I would have turned it down. Many many more times than often, those dub trailers don't give a good example of what the material actually is. And to be fair, most trailers in general don't show the material for what it is. They just try to get you hooked, which is what the actual show should be doing. My advice is just to take a show on its own without trailers, and if it fits you, then fantastic, ans if it doesn't, then go to something else. I had a similar problem a few months ago when I watched Tsubasa. I saw the trailer first, and it made it out to be something very dark and serious (Nope, it wasn't for Tokyo Revelations), and a lot of people know the Tsubasa anime isn't really like that. At the time of watching, I was kind of disappointed, but now when I can look at the show for what it is, disregarding another view on it instead of what it presents itself as, I find myself appreciating it more, and actually enjoying it, because now I know what it is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - May 8, 2012

94 by Karva1 »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Apr 10, 2012

228 by Karva1 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 26, 2012

165 by Aru_Kun07 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2012

92 by povsuduvolosy »»
Feb 2, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2012

99 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.