Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (22) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2014 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
Fo-Fai said:

AnImeToXiK said:
@Fo-Fai just think a little..is very simple..let's say that in the mafia team there are experienced players..if they already played many games..and in every they were activ..then of course they won't stop their activity when they are mafia..is will be just too obvious..so..i can't be sure that the inactive players are the mafia..maybe they are just new..or they don't like to post many things..this is how i think...
Do you know what WIFOM is?

not really..what's this?..
Only the impossible is impossible...
Aug 16, 2014 6:24 PM

Apr 2014
Wh1t3 said:
lol my b.

I'm still waiting for you to pick someone.
"Good-o morning-u ebberi-wan, haba nice day!" - Kud
Aug 16, 2014 6:24 PM

Aug 2013

tl;dw - don't think in terms of guessing etc etc
Aug 16, 2014 6:25 PM

Mar 2014
Fo-Fai said:

Let's be clear we don't vote to lynch. We vote to provoke reactions and gauge peoples capacity to defend. We vote to move the game along. If we just choose someone at random and call it a day, then we get literally no information. The water needs to move, else it becomes stagnant.

I believe there is more ways to get people react or get leads than using bold text, and other people that are actual allies might get intimidated by it and get themselves killed from acting that way :0.

Apr 2014
PTYamin said:
Wh1t3 said:
lol my b.

*sigh*

Vote Cast- Lynch: allenMonfort
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Aug 2013
PTYamin said:
Wh1t3 said:
lol my b.

why are you so eager for mayor-san to give you the a-okay to wagon someone to death?
Aug 16, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2013
Well Yamin.. ^^

Mayor-sama, may I ask why you chose allen?
Aug 16, 2014 6:31 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
Well Yamin.. ^^

If you look at it from a probability standpoint, the first 5 are most likely going to pirates which opens up the later slots to be more likely of a chance to be an enemy. So I just picked out someone random who hasn't necessaryily talked a lot in this chat since they were A: the enemy or B: had to less of a role to matter in the game. So in most cases if I kill someone on my team he will likely have a less significant role so his death is not the worst case scenario.
Nyaaaria- said:

Aug 16, 2014 6:31 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
Well Yamin.. ^^

Cause i asked him to pick someone randomly
Lynch: allenMonfort

Everyone better lynch this guy now
Aug 16, 2014 6:32 PM

Mar 2009
Fo-Fai said:
PTYamin said:

Uhm.. did you read the rules?
yea

wait grave what's the consensus on this? We don't need a maj to lynch do we?

Actually, the rules state you have to reach a quota of 50% +1. we might change that though as it seems a bit unfair to the town/straw hats in case of inactive players.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Aug 16, 2014 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
SluttyxPew said:
Fo-Fai said:

Let's be clear we don't vote to lynch. We vote to provoke reactions and gauge peoples capacity to defend. We vote to move the game along. If we just choose someone at random and call it a day, then we get literally no information. The water needs to move, else it becomes stagnant.

I believe there is more ways to get people react or get leads than using bold text, and other people that are actual allies might get intimidated by it and get themselves killed from acting that way :0.
I'm having trouble completely grasping what you're trying to say here, tbch. What I'm getting is that you don't think voting is good for getting reactions and stuff. Which is wrong. A vote is worth a million finger points, the threat of dying makes people talk.
Aug 16, 2014 6:33 PM

Mar 2014
Lynch: allenMonfort the mayor wants his blood to be happy today.
Aug 16, 2014 6:35 PM

Aug 2013
Wh1t3 said:
Fo-Fai said:

If you look at it from a probability standpoint
no no no

This isn't a guessing game. Now what you've done essentially is given people an excuse to wagon on a player who hasn't even posted one time yet.
Aug 16, 2014 6:36 PM

Mar 2014
Fo-Fai said:
SluttyxPew said:

I'm having trouble completely grasping what you're trying to say here, tbch. What I'm getting is that you don't think voting isn't good for getting reactions and stuff. Which is wrong. A vote is worth a million finger points, the threat of dying makes people talk.

Obviously they react, what i mean is i have seen more townies die from random votes than actual dangers to us (pretty unlucky scenarios maybe but that has been my experience), i'm not saying not to do it, just that it is not always the best way, but as you said it is still a way to make people react.
Aug 16, 2014 6:37 PM

Aug 2013
grave_robber said:
Fo-Fai said:
yea

wait grave what's the consensus on this? We don't need a maj to lynch do we?

Actually, the rules state you have to reach a quota of 50% +1. we might change that though as it seems a bit unfair to the town/straw hats in case of inactive players.
That would be cool. Thus the reason I changed the rules in v6. Because inactivity is the least of our problems with that rule.
Aug 16, 2014 6:38 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
Wh1t3 said:

no no no

This isn't a guessing game. Now what you've done essentially is given people an excuse to wagon on a player who hasn't even posted one time yet.

I don't understand. How is this not a guessing game?
Nyaaaria- said:

Aug 16, 2014 6:38 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
Wh1t3 said:

no no no

We can reconsider if he defends himself.

Can I ask why you're not lynching him?
Aug 16, 2014 6:39 PM

Aug 2013
Wh1t3 said:
have you ever played mafia before, white?
Aug 16, 2014 6:40 PM

Aug 2013
PTYamin said:
You mean why am I not voting him? Because I don't blindly follow random votes because a person who has never played the game before told me to.
Aug 16, 2014 6:40 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
Wh1t3 said:

No, I have not.
Nyaaaria- said:

Aug 16, 2014 6:41 PM

Aug 2013
Wh1t3 said:
Fo-Fai said:

No, I have not.
Well it's far from a guessing game, my friend. There are traitors among us. It will become quite obvious in time.

lol love how I called that too.
Aug 16, 2014 6:43 PM

Apr 2014
i thought the purpose of the mafia game was guessing which people have the mafia/town and sk roles.
Aug 16, 2014 6:43 PM

Mar 2014
Fo-Fai said:
PTYamin said:
You mean why am I not voting him? Because I don't blindly follow random votes because a person who has never played the game before told me to.

you can always unvote, you were the first to say about random voting and stuff, is not like he is dead already from this...
Aug 16, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
Well it's far from a guessing game, my friend. There are traitors among us. It will become quite obvious in time.

I look forward to it. But I'm just playing this game for fun mate.
Nyaaaria- said:

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
PTYamin said:

You can always change it later. If you don't vote on him now, i'll see it as you're defending him.

Aug 2013
AriaZero- said:
i thought the purpose of the mafia game was guessing which people have the mafia/town and sk roles.
No you don't guess.

Guessing = Random

Educated guesses are better at least.
Aug 16, 2014 6:46 PM

Aug 2013
Wh1t3 said:
Fo-Fai said:

I look forward to it. But I'm just playing this game for fun mate.
Isn't it more fun to win though? Not sure what you're getting at with this.
Aug 16, 2014 6:46 PM

Aug 2013
PTYamin said:
Fo-Fai said:

You can always change it later. If you don't vote on him now, i'll see it as you're defending him.
Okay.
Aug 16, 2014 6:50 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:

Naw, I don't necessarily think winning is always the solution in having fun in a game. If I lose and I had a fun time interacting with you guys/gals then it was time well spent.
Nyaaaria- said:

Aug 16, 2014 6:54 PM

Mar 2009
Rule Changes:

• Lynching: by the end of each day phase, the person with the most votes will be lynched.
  • Unvote rules for game thread and the polls have been added.

Please make sure to go over the rules and PM me or karote with any questions/concerns you may have.

We will keep adjusting the rules & wiki to improve the game experience for you, your feedback is always appreciated.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Aug 16, 2014 6:56 PM

Aug 2013
Wh1t3 said:
Fo-Fai said:

Naw, I don't necessarily think winning is always the solution in having fun in a game. If I lose and I had a fun time interacting with you guys/gals then it was time well spent.
Fair enough, mayor-sama.

vote ptyami

for pushing you into voting
trying to buy my vote
being anti-town
yadda yadda

if we end up NEEDING a majority to lynch I will change votes if need be

Now I'm actually going to bed for realzys this time ^^ love how yamin showed up after I said I was the first time. Typical Yamin.

GN everyone.
Aug 16, 2014 6:59 PM

Apr 2014
grave_robber said:
Rule Changes:

• Lynching: by the end of each day phase, the person with the most votes will be lynched.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Unlynch: allenMonfort
I'll decide later

Lynch: Fo-Fai
For refusing to vote Allen back there. <--(edit 2: this is you being anti-town)

edit: this wasn't an OMGUS.

Fo-Fai said:

vote ptyami

for pushing you into voting
trying to buy my vote

I was doing that because of the rule
Fo-Fai said:

being anti-town
yadda yadda

You were anti-town, not me
PTYaminAug 16, 2014 7:05 PM
Aug 16, 2014 7:04 PM

Apr 2014
For confusing a noob me. "Guesses = Random. But Educated Guesses are better at least." Both are still guesses per se. The only difference is, Educated Guesses are GUESSES that have proof.
Aug 16, 2014 7:04 PM

Aug 2013
grave_robber said:
Rule Changes:

• Unvote rules for game thread and the polls have been added.

Please make sure to go over the rules and PM me or karote with any questions/concerns you may have.

We will keep adjusting the rules & wiki to improve the game experience for you, your feedback is always appreciated.
Oh sweet. Thanks grave this helps.

PTYamin said:

For refusing to vote Allen back there.
Back where? Oh you mean up a few posts. Yea I already explained bro. I don't like random lynches. I also don't feel like following the intuition of a much less experienced player, who admitted to basing his decision off of the first 5 player slots or something.

So you're voting me for refusing to be a sheep. That's bs man. Looks like an 'oh my god you suck' to me.
Aug 16, 2014 7:09 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:

PTYamin said:

For refusing to vote Allen back there.
Yea I already explained bro. I don't like random lynches. I also don't feel like following the intuition of a much less experienced player, who admitted to basing his decision off of the first 5 player slots or something.

Alright then
Unlynch: Fo-Fai
Back to sq1
Aug 16, 2014 7:09 PM

Aug 2013
PTYamin said:

I said I would change votes if need be. I understood the rule. I just don't understand why you're so hyperactive when we've got a while until deadline.

AriaZero- said:
For confusing a noob me. "Guesses = Random. But Educated Guesses are better at least." Both are still guesses per se. The only difference is, Educated Guesses are GUESSES that have proof.
Don't straw man me noob. Educated guesses don't have any proof btw. You need to play this game with your heart. Picking names out of a hat is as close as you can get to random. At least approach the game with a skeptical mind and base your decisions and votes on something.
Aug 16, 2014 7:10 PM

Mar 2014
Unlynch allenMonfort

Lynch Fo-Fai i don't have a good reason to not vote for you, and imo you just contradict yourself every post you make, and i think it's the best way.
Aug 16, 2014 7:11 PM

Apr 2014
Sigh, our guesses are just as good/bad as others. Educated guess or not, a guess is a guess and has a probability of being wrong.
Nyaaaria- said:

Aug 16, 2014 7:13 PM

Aug 2013
SluttyxPew said:
Unlynch allenMonfort

Lynch Fo-Fai i don't have a good reason to not vote for you, and imo you just contradict yourself every post you make, and i think it's the best way.
You have a good reason to vote me then? I'd really like to hear it. Plus all the contradictions I've made. This should be good.
Aug 16, 2014 7:13 PM

Mar 2014
Lynch Fo-Fai
I'm just going with them nya xD
First time playing this game and you seems suspicious enough... Got no proof about it but gonna trust my guts nya! XD
Aug 16, 2014 7:16 PM

Mar 2014
Fo-Fai said:
SluttyxPew said:
Unlynch allenMonfort

You have a good reason to vote me then? I'd really like to hear it. Plus all the contradictions I've made. This should be good.

If you read behind you should be able to understand it, it's my vote and i decided to use it that way because i don't think your strategy will help us at all to win. So you can tell other why not to vote you, my reason are pretty well set now so i won't change mine.
Aug 16, 2014 7:18 PM

Aug 2013
You didn't give any reason though..
Aug 16, 2014 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
SluttyxPew said:
If you read behind you should be able to understand it, it's my vote and i decided to use it that way because

Pretty sure I've been playing the same game you have. You haven't brought up any suspicion of me until just now. When Yamin voted me you voted like directly after him..
SluttyxPew said:

i don't think your strategy will help us at all to win. So you can tell other why not to vote you, my reason are pretty well set now so i won't change mine.
I don't recall having a strategy. Mind refreshing my memory?
Aug 16, 2014 7:22 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
PTYamin said:

I said I would change votes if need be. I understood the rule. I just don't understand why you're so hyperactive when we've got a while until deadline.

AriaZero- said:
Don't straw man me noob. Educated guesses don't have any proof btw. You need to play this game with your heart. Picking names out of a hat is as close as you can get to random. At least approach the game with a skeptical mind and base your decisions and votes on something.
What's the purpose of playing this game with your heart, if the "veterans" like you keep making contradictory statements? Do you even know that you're saying? This is not a Guessing Game. Educated Guesses are at least better. That's your statement, contradicting your first statement. Please make some sense.
Aug 16, 2014 7:23 PM

Jan 2014
Hopefully you guys know this style fo-fai plays. It's a annoying style but effective.
~I am just one sadist who supports friends~
Aug 16, 2014 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
educated guess

guess

does that make sense? they aren't the same thing.
Aug 16, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
Wh1t3 said:
Educated guess or not, a guess is a guess and has a probability of being wrong.
Nyaaaria- said:

Aug 16, 2014 7:27 PM

Mar 2014
Please Fo-fai even google says Mafia-Guessing game you can't win it just guessing, but it doesn't change the fact that it is...

So then you don't have any strat yet again voting people randomly, in this not-guessing game? Thanks i'm now more sure of this vote, of course i could be lying when i voted you or voted for allen or making anything i am, after all this is all about guessing and lying to make people react, thanks.
Aug 16, 2014 7:29 PM

Apr 2014
The_Pyromaani said:
Hopefully you guys know this style fo-fai plays. It's a annoying style but effective.
Effective at getting him lynched early? If so, 100% effective.
Aug 16, 2014 7:32 PM

Aug 2013
Wh1t3 said:
Wh1t3 said:
Educated guess or not, a guess is a guess and has a probability of being wrong.
The point I'm trying to make is to

NOT LYNCH RANDOMLY

Base it on something. Anything.

SluttyxPew said:
Please Fo-fai even google says Mafia-Guessing game you can't win it just guessing, but it doesn't change the fact that it is...

So then you don't have any strat yet again voting people randomly, in this not-guessing game? Thanks i'm now more sure of this vote, of course i could be lying when i voted you or voted for allen or making anything i am, after all this is all about guessing and lying to make people react, thanks.
That looks like a whole lot of nothing in that post. I mean come on dude give me something to defend against.

If mafia was a guessing game then how could anyone be better than anyone else at it? I'd be like playing tic-tac-toe. There's strategy. Reads. Forced reasoning. Wagon speculation. All these things that I'm sure most of you probably have never even taken the time to get familiar with because up until now you HAVE been playing mafia that's casual in basically dead thread with no discussion. Case in point game 4.

I'm not asking you to change your vote. I'm asking you to give some reason behind it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (22) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.