Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 4, 2014 8:20 AM

Feb 2014
TheFilthyCasual said:
What makes a good character period?

Write a character that feels like an actual human being. If they happen to be tsundere fine - but they need to be an actual person. Not just a tsundere. That behaviour should be a product of their character, not the other way around.

That's speciest. What about characters that aren't human?
Sep 4, 2014 8:24 AM

May 2014
Feyfray said:
TheFilthyCasual said:

Write a character that feels like an actual human being. If they happen to be tsundere fine - but they need to be an actual person. Not just a tsundere. That behaviour should be a product of their character, not the other way around.

That's speciest. What about characters that aren't human?
Characters who aren't human have to act like humans anyway or the audience can't relate to them.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Sep 4, 2014 8:45 AM

Jan 2014
TheFilthyCasual said:

Wise words, my friend. I totally agree.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Sep 4, 2014 8:45 AM
Apr 2013
i thought it was general knowledge that an objectively good tsundere is one with really big boobs
Sep 4, 2014 9:03 AM

Jun 2014
If they're not a loli, imouto loli is an exception.
Sep 4, 2014 10:20 AM

Jun 2012
The problem with the archetype is that it's completely blown out of proportion and makes the character entirely unrealistic to the point of just being annoying. The only way to make a good tsundere is to tone it down, bring some sort of realism to the character, and give it proper character development so that the audience can find some sort of way to relate to it. But the real issue is that you'll rarely, if not ever, see that happen in an anime because anime is a business and businesses like being mainstream and appealing to a target and limited audience.

Read manga if you want to see a few decent tsunderes. Although there are tons of the typical tsundere in that medium, too.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Sep 4, 2014 11:51 AM

Jun 2014
I love tsunderes, regardless of how unrealistic they are. There's always a shell to crack open.

Sep 4, 2014 11:59 AM

Mar 2014
Being attractive
Sep 4, 2014 2:16 PM
Dec 2013
IktIkn said:
ScazoN said:
If Dereban counts as a Tsundere then i fucking love tsunderes.

Why would her count as one, though?
She was shown to be a tsundere at the beginning of the show, now she changes a lot. I have no idea what type of character she is.

Cutedere?
Sep 5, 2014 1:12 AM

Jan 2014
Holybaptiser said:
The problem with the archetype is that it's completely blown out of proportion and makes the character entirely unrealistic to the point of just being annoying. The only way to make a good tsundere is to tone it down, bring some sort of realism to the character, and give it proper character development so that the audience can find some sort of way to relate to it. But the real issue is that you'll rarely, if not ever, see that happen in an anime because anime is a business and businesses like being mainstream and appealing to a target and limited audience.

Read manga if you want to see a few decent tsunderes. Although there are tons of the typical tsundere in that medium, too.
Very true. But there are good tsundere characters in older anime.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Sep 5, 2014 2:33 AM

Apr 2014
allflying said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Otakus are commonly M, I guess.
and FeMC (usually, in shoujo) always choose a guy who made her cry over a nice guy.

They are just stupid as hell..
I am a straight woman and I like boobs.
-Said no feminist ever
Sep 5, 2014 3:37 AM
Dec 2013
Feyfray said:
ScazoN said:
If Dereban counts as a Tsundere then i fucking love tsunderes.

She isn't.

In order to have a good tsundere, you need a massive amount of character development. Look at Taiga vs. shit tier Louise - Taiga grows up and by the end she isn't "tsundere" towards her friends / love. Louise? Louise will always be a cunt.
Well, then that means Dereban was a tsundere, her character developed throughout the whole series if you haven't noticed. From your example, Dereban was always playing aggressive and hostile to Taichi and now look where they are at the end, no longer a tsundere.
Sep 5, 2014 3:58 AM

Apr 2014
ScazoN said:
Feyfray said:

She isn't.

In order to have a good tsundere, you need a massive amount of character development. Look at Taiga vs. shit tier Louise - Taiga grows up and by the end she isn't "tsundere" towards her friends / love. Louise? Louise will always be a cunt.
Well, then that means Dereban was a tsundere, her character developed throughout the whole series if you haven't noticed. From your example, Dereban was always playing aggressive and hostile to Taichi and now look where they are at the end, no longer a tsundere.

Yeah, I don't know about her actually. I see her as a tsundere, since she has some points. Like this hate feeling toward our main character, but she's actually really sweet with her feelings ect. And ofcourse that development. But at the same time she's not stereotypical.
But.. I will call het one. ;)
I am a straight woman and I like boobs.
-Said no feminist ever
Sep 7, 2014 1:10 AM

Mar 2012
By pretending to hate the MC and not being violent.

Wintovisky said:
Toradora is massively overrated. Taiga is a terrible character, by the way.

You sir got good taste.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Oct 13, 2014 5:04 AM

Nov 2013
I also really hate tsunderes. Here's to our burning hate for those entitled badly-written little cunts!
Oct 13, 2014 6:03 AM

Apr 2014
Tsunderes are Fucking awesome!
Oct 13, 2014 9:20 AM

Apr 2013
The girl and how gutsy the guy is
"If it’s your wish, I will follow you everywhere
even if your throne crumbles, and your shiny crown turns to rust
even if the bodies pile up endlessly, above the bottomless pile corpses
Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be
until i hear the words “Check Mate” ! -Sebastian (Black Butler)

Oct 13, 2014 9:21 AM

Aug 2014
How well their dialogue is written. Are they witty / funny / charming etc.
A guide to living with that one guys ugly signature on MAL.

1. See that SullyNathan has posted last in thread, abort thread.
2. After clicking quick reply, close eyes and type out reply.
3. Try to scroll as far down as possible before replying if you prefer to keep your eyes open.
4. Report said signature for being offensive to the eyes.
5. See he is active in thread, scroll through thread while trying not to have eyes burned, sigh, click back & lose interest.
6. Move to another part of MAL forums where he does not visit.
MAL Jesus where are you?
Oct 13, 2014 9:24 AM

Apr 2012
cupc said:
A good tsundere is a character that isn't written from the basis the she has to be a tsundere.

Rather, a good tsundere is a female character who ends up behaving like a typical tsundere would. Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari is a decent example of such a character. She has reasons to behave in such a way.

I love tsunderes by the way.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 13, 2014 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
Tsunderes are the cogs that keep this abysmal world running.

Oct 13, 2014 12:23 PM

Sep 2014
By having the Male equally abusive
Even if not i a physical way then at the very least have him do stuff to her that deserve a bunch(Like Pranks)
Oct 13, 2014 12:25 PM

Jun 2014
If at least she got nice body like Kaname Chidori
Oct 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2013
Trick question; there are no good tsunderes.
Oct 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Dec 2013
I thought i hated them, but lately, i've been falling head over heels for some tsunderes.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 13, 2014 12:29 PM

Mar 2008
One whose violence isn't ridiculously recurrent or all too harsh, and who isn't up front about his or her feelings.

Oct 13, 2014 12:36 PM

Feb 2014
I don't really think it needs something.

The character archetype is good enough, even if nothing is added.
Oct 13, 2014 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
Well when a man a woman love each other they sometimes decide to make a child together...TLDR; a tsundere appears.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 13, 2014 12:46 PM

Mar 2013
It's hard to find a good side in a tsundere tbh.
May 17, 2015 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
An example of a Tsundere done right is Erika Sachikawa from School Rumble. The reason for this is that she did not begin as a Tsundere from the moment she showed up. It was quite a few episodes before she began to have feelings for Harima, as a matter of fact she barely took notice of him until that point. And after that, you can actually understand why she's being Tsundere, there are actual reasons why Erika - A rich girl raised in a high society living instilled with proper etiquette- wouldn't be able to bring herself to admit having feelings for a bottom-of-the-barrel delinquent like Harima.

Above all though, I think the thing that would really just make a good Tsundere is not having 'Tsundere' be the ENTIRE description of their character. However they act towards the one they have a crush on, that attitude does NOT need to carry over into every aspect of their lives, there's no reason to have them be rude and unbecoming to EVERYONE around them.
May 17, 2015 2:41 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm tsundere, lets see, the characters that are tsundere that I actually like is Itsuka Kotori from Date A Live, Mine from Akame ga Kill, Victorique de Blois from Gosick (well not full tsundere but okay tsundere), Kuroneko from Oreimo can almost be classified as tsundere.

Seeing from these characters, I like something in common from them like they have a problems in their past or present and have to have someone else to let it out and finally they fall in love with the MC because MC supports her as a friend.

Itsuka Kotori:

Mine:

Victorique de Blois:

Kuroneko:

Edit: I also have tsundere that I hate like Sakura from Naruto or Chitoge from Nisekoi or Yozora from Haganai beacuse they don't have good reason to be a tsundere and quite aggressive too.
DarklordVorMay 17, 2015 2:57 PM

May 17, 2015 2:49 PM
Oct 2014
JD2411 said:
there's no such thing as a good tsundere

And the worst type is the aggressive type >.<
May 17, 2015 10:35 PM

Sep 2014
I don't know, I can't help but like Chitoge for example. She's cute.
I rarely dislike tsunderes tbh
May 18, 2015 1:41 AM
Feb 2014
A justifiable tsun and a cute dere seals it for me.
May 18, 2015 1:47 AM

Jun 2014
Nicoreos said:
A justifiable tsun and a cute dere seals it for me.

basically. when they are too over the top they really need a good backstory or something to explain or else they're just annoying when they arent over the top its understandable and they're ok
May 18, 2015 3:19 AM

Jan 2013
yukishiromei said:
It's hard to find a good side in a tsundere tbh.
Would this count?
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» If there was an organization named "Down with Moe Blobs", would you join them or become their biggest enemy?

Catalano - 3 hours ago

11 by DesuMaiden »»
7 seconds ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹 ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

61 by P1NK666 »»
19 seconds ago

» Characters That Feel Out Of Place

FanofAction - 12 minutes ago

2 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» Disney Anime Chief: More "Acceptable" Expressions Are Necessary for the Wider Market

deg - 34 minutes ago

5 by DesuMaiden »»
13 minutes ago

» Does episode length matter

ST63LTH - Yesterday

38 by JustMonaka »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.