Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2014 3:01 PM
Jul 2011
Just wanted to ask others opinions on this season? Me I hate it :P because the season is just so boring to watch, I liked it when it was more tournament fighting and not so blatantly fighting against evil. Yes, last season had LJ but they started off with a more casual approach w/ highschool clubs and tourneys and whatnot and after LJ got going was fun seeing characters get reversed.
Aug 17, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2014
totally hating it, for me since the first season this has gone worse and worse
Aug 17, 2014 10:38 PM
Feb 2012
i hate how ren and leon are relegated to the old sage that gives hero guidance role
Aug 17, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2011
It's not the best season, in fact it may be my least favourite season, though it's not TOO bad aside some cringeworthy mate moments, and all these losses.
Aug 18, 2014 7:41 AM
Oct 2012
Actually, Kai as lead has turned this season into one of the better. I mean, that fight against Gailard, holy shit was he epic going back to Kagero again. Besides, it's not like this is one of the longer seasons, in which I'd like to remind everyone about season 2. God I hated that. Everyone losing like what, three tournaments or something? And don't get me started on the villain. Just don't. It was bad. Not to mention how everyone lost memories of Aichi's clan, which forced him start over again from scratch with boring Gold Paladin, making everything feel like a worse flashback of season 1. Believe me when I say that it reminded me of how Ash (Pokemon) is shit again at the start of every season. Season 2 is the reason why I gave up Vanguard for the longest time, until I heard about season 3 having a more central school theme to it.

Also, even though season 3 was pretty good, the reverse aspect wasn't all goody goody. It got annoying to see your favorite characters get reversed one after another in the very long run, and the fights were so predictable too. You just knew almost everyone would get reversed before the fight even started. It only got better close to the end, and the part where Ishida infiltrates the school.

My point being, this season is just fine. It's not too long and it's not too bad. It's good enough. I do agree that I miss some of those team tournaments, and wish it was more about that than fighting evil every time. But I don't want 4 frickin tournaments or more for someone to win, or one very short and forgettable one like in season 3. The formula was perfect with season 1, but yeah, let's hope season 5 is more like that again.

Overall: s1 > s3 > s4 > s2 imo
Pers0naAug 18, 2014 8:02 AM
Aug 19, 2014 3:50 PM

Jun 2010
I agree, s3 was best season for me. Even if the reversing was predictable, they moved the focus away from Aichi and we got to see backstories for the side-characters who are all infinitely more interesting than Aichi. I was actually rather happy when I read the synopsis that this season Aichi disappeared but who knew less is more, the Aichi-centricness in this season is way too annoying for me, I'm fairly certain Aichi is not a popular character given how one dimensional he is and how Kai is basically his sustenance and reason to live. Maybe I'm just too old now but the writers cannot write this whole "good vs evil" plot to save their life.

S3>S1>S2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>S4
tittycakesAug 19, 2014 5:05 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: Legion Mate-hen Episode 33 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

14 by Iago97 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: Legion Mate-hen Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

10 by Danielf6 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: Legion Mate-hen Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

8 by Danielf6 »»
Jan 12, 2023 5:31 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: Legion Mate-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

5 by Danielf6 »»
Jan 10, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: Legion Mate-hen Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2014

9 by Danielf6 »»
Jan 7, 2023 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.