Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 15, 2014 2:37 PM

Jan 2012
Huge if true.
you sound poor
Oct 15, 2014 2:44 PM

Sep 2012
ichii_1 said:

That's because they kept their mouth shut about how they spent to make it and didn't insult the fans.

High level animation? lol XD 50 MILLION DOLLARS! this is criminal.
[img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/c95e7db5a4e72f6b55f0997be6837b3e/tumblr_mx6v8vCHEm1qzqnxxo2_r1_500.gif[/im g]

Wonderful art-style, unique atmosphere, very good movie.
Oct 15, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2008
Raith94 said:
As someone who has never seen a Ghibli movie, it's interesting to see everyone's opinions on their movies. It seems you either love them or hate them, not much room for an in between reaction.

I don't hate them, and hope that's not the impression my posts have conveyed here.

On the contrary, in terms of pure quality, I'm "in between" about them. Their movies look gorgeous, often have wonderful fantasy settings, and an outstanding, creative visual aesthetic. Unfortunately, it's all style and no substance; their characters and stories are mediocre cliches at best, and utter trash at worst. Miyazaki shoehorning in personal beliefs about environmentalism and feminism randomly don't help matters, either.

I think their movies are incredibly overrated, but they're certainly not "bad". Calling something overrated is not the same as hating it. On the contrary, I love many things that I consider overrated, although that obviously doesn't apply here.
Oct 15, 2014 2:56 PM

Dec 2012
Well, all good things must come to an end.
Oct 15, 2014 8:21 PM

Jun 2012
YoungVagabond said:
Raith94 said:
As someone who has never seen a Ghibli movie, it's interesting to see everyone's opinions on their movies. It seems you either love them or hate them, not much room for an in between reaction.

I don't hate them, and hope that's not the impression my posts have conveyed here.

I think their movies are incredibly overrated, but they're certainly not "bad". Calling something overrated is not the same as hating it.

I wasn't actually referring to you, but it is nice to see someone who is in the middle. Most people seem to think that you can either like something, and treat it as god's gift to man or they act like it is satan incarnate.
Oct 15, 2014 8:42 PM

May 2014
never watched a ghibli movie. seems like theyre just shitty movies for kids. like a japanese disney or some shit
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Oct 15, 2014 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
Rejoice, fellow otakus. We no longer have to have their mediocre movies serve as the flagship of the anime industry

Yeah, I don't think people being out of a job is really anything to be happy over. I can't stand Michael Bay movies but I'm not going to go out and throw a fucking party if he becomes completely bankrupt overnight.

It's one thing to just not like certain things, which is fine. No one likes everything. There are certain Studio Ghibli movies I love and ones I can't tolerate at all. I still wouldn't be happy over someone giving up on something they love doing even if I can't stand their work.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - Apr 25

16 by SPTLayzner »»
5 seconds ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 11 hours ago

18 by Zedlin »»
23 seconds ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

49 by Zedlin »»
1 minute ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 4 minutes ago

2 by Serafos »»
2 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

985 by ScaryNova »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.