Forum Settings
Forums

why do people get consoles instead of gaming pc's and brag about it !?

New
Would you get a console ?
Yes, Pc's lag !
27.2%
Nah consoles are overrated .
72.8%
81 votes
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 23, 2014 5:28 AM

Nov 2007
Red_Keys said:
Nobody cares about your PC.

This.
Jul 23, 2014 7:44 AM

Nov 2012
Tsun_Pooka said:
Lucumo said:

Cables aren't usually 1 m short, at least in my experience.
Pseudo console with sometimes subpar experience? Haha, if you mean that the PC version normally looks better and the loading times aren't nearly as bad. Then yes, I agree.
"Research". I didn't know that looking something up which takes less than a minute classifies as research. Also, it's a load of bs console people spread. I bought my PC almost 3 years ago for 600€ and I have played all the games at high settings so far. And for the next three years, I will still be able to play everything, just not at the highest quality anymore.

Cables are always going to be mess.
There are no guarantees that all the PC games you're going to buy is going to run better and look better with the current hardware. Usually these PC games you overhype are really unoptimized, though loading times, I can give you that. It is still a sub par experience if you're gonna make it a console, but hey, PCs are supposed to be PCs, not consoles.

Nah, research takes more than just a minute. You'd need to know a good processor, a good GPU and a motherboard to combine them while also keeping enough budget for the rest of the computer. Stop making PC building look easier than it actually is.

You have to admit there were games that never run on high settings well. Unoptimized games lurk on the PC a lot more than you think. Not dealing with unoptimized games or this whole settings fiasco is an advantage for the consoles, clearly.

Hi.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds

How to turn a mediocre pre-built computer into a gaming PC:

1: Buy GTX 750ti
2: Insert GTX 750ti
3: good job, your PC will now run most games at 6o+ FPS!

Oh, and BTW, consoles have a few mostly uninteresting(for me) exclusives, PC literally has thousands.
And we have star citizen.
afonsanhoJul 23, 2014 7:59 AM
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever."
"Anon is legitimately retarded so you shouldn't be too proud of yourself." -Enema
Jul 23, 2014 8:13 AM

Mar 2014
Lucumo said:
You would only need one though. And I guess it's already possible to stream to your TV in this day and age anyway.
There is no guarantee, you are right. Dark Souls wasn't optimized but the PC community did well to remove several flaws and make it a really good experience.
You said: "[...]consoles don't force that you research what kind of hardware do you need to run an optimized game...". So you referred to the games themselves, as far as I understood it. If you are talking about buying a PC...you can always just simply buy one from a store. Those parts are sure to work well with each other.
There are unoptimized games on both sides on the river. Those can be AA and AAA titles. The advantage the PC has, modders can fix a lot of things. On a console you have less freedom, so you can easily be stuck with such a game. Also, this has nothing to do with settings then.

Need one for not? Thing is, streaming the PC to the TV is not a good idea because it takes away the original feeling of the PC. Sorry, but I don't support such ideas.

What if the community can't do a thing about the optimization and play it as it is, a buggy unoptimized mess? GTAIV is a game that when players asked for good specs to play it on PC, people came and say buy it on the consoles instead! Seriously, consoles do not suffer from performance either because your hardware is incapable or because the game is unoptimized, the console games are OPTIMIZED for the HARDWARE in the console. That's a big advantage over having a computer with subpar specs just because your budget decided to.

Yes you do need research. Because buying an already built PC doesn't guarantee you're going to get the power you need from your PC.

Sure unoptimized games might exist on the consoles, but how rare are they? Usually they are rushed games that then get bad reception and never gets to have a good image in the eyes of the sellers. They are rare than unoptimized games on PC.

afonsanho said:

Hi.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds

How to turn a mediocre pre-built computer into a gaming PC:

1: Buy GTX 750ti
2: Insert GTX 750ti
3: good job, your PC will now run most games at 6o+ FPS!

Oh, and BTW, consoles have a few mostly uninteresting(for me) exclusives, PC literally has thousands.
And we have star citizen.

Really, buying the GTX 750ti is your solution? What's the hell is a good graphics card when you don't change the CPU and the RAM? End of the story.
Jul 23, 2014 8:21 AM
May 2014
At least one game should be played on PC: Skyrim
Jul 23, 2014 8:21 AM

Nov 2012
Tsun_Pooka said:
Really, buying the GTX 750ti is your solution? What's the hell is a good graphics card when you don't change the CPU and the RAM? End of the story.

Pre-builts usually have unbalanced systems, IE most of the cost of the computer is taken up by the CPU.

You can find cheap computers with very good I5s(because I7 is unnecessary for gaming), 8 GB RAM and integrated graphics

Add a GTX 750ti and you literally have as computer capable of running almost, if not all games, most of them running at butter-smooth 60 FPS even or medium-high settings.

Ofc building a PC yourself is still better, this is just for the ones too lazy to build one themselves.

EDIT:

Here, here's a video(includes benchmarks):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Pnte_niJE&channel=pcper
afonsanhoJul 23, 2014 8:24 AM
"Anon is legitimately retarded so you shouldn't be too proud of yourself." -Enema
Jul 23, 2014 8:41 AM

Mar 2014
afonsanho said:
Tsun_Pooka said:

Pre-builts usually have unbalanced systems, IE most of the cost of the computer is taken up by the CPU.

You can find cheap computers with very good I5s(because I7 is unnecessary for gaming), 8 GB RAM and integrated graphics

Add a GTX 750ti and you literally have as computer capable of running almost, if not all games, most of them running at butter-smooth 60 FPS even or medium-high settings.

Ofc building a PC yourself is still better, this is just for the ones too lazy to build one themselves.

EDIT:

But eh, your knowledge can't really expand to everyone, can it? There's still a problem though. What if the motherboard or the computer case of these very cheap i5s don't fit this specific GPU? And why this specific GPU of all the AMD and nVidia GPUs?
Jul 23, 2014 9:00 AM

Nov 2012
Tsun_Pooka said:
afonsanho said:

EDIT:

But eh, your knowledge can't really expand to everyone, can it? There's still a problem though. What if the motherboard or the computer case of these very cheap i5s don't fit this specific GPU? And why this specific GPU of all the AMD and nVidia GPUs?

As long as the motherboard has a PCI-E slot it will work on it. Even sub-50 dollar MBs have them.

Now for the case: The GTX 750ti is pretty small. 6.7 x 1.5 x 4.4 inches, and it fits in pretty much any mid-tower, which is pretty much the most common size.
With smaller cases you'll have to check how much room you have for it, which should take less than 15 minutes. Do note its recommended to have 2 backplates removed, but this is almost never an issue.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclock-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-3753-KR/dp/B00IDG3IDO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1406130324&sr=8-3

Now, as to why the GTX750ti:

-It is one of the best GPUs out there in terms of price-performance
-It is relatively small
-It consumes very little power, at about 50-60W(this is important, and what makes it the go-to card for upgrading old PCs), and as such doesn't require an external power connector, which lower end MBs might not have, and also there is very little chance that the power consumed by the PC will exceed the power outputted by the PSU.

Installing it is literally just putting it in the slot.
Jul 23, 2014 9:53 AM

Feb 2013
Hulmy-chan said:
Heredity said:
you both have toxic personalities. just fuckin' play some fun video games!

Remember when people used to shut their mouths and just play a game? Yeah, me either.

Shhh you'll break the circlejerk
Jul 23, 2014 10:00 AM

Jan 2009
750ti is about the best card you can get performance-wise if you have a shitty PSU and need low power.
For anything else, a GTX 660 (or better: GTX 760/770) or a Radeon 270(X) (or better: 280(X)) are about the cards you'd like to get if you want to be able to play games even in the future.

And either an Intel i5/Xeon/i7 or an AMD FX 8XXX depending on whether you want to overclock
(i5/i7 K versions with Z chipset, FX 8XXX with a good cooling motherboard and not some cheap stuff) or not (Xeon 1231/1230 v3 for example on a H chipset, except you would need the features of a Z-board, for example more lanes for a multi-GPU setup).
Jul 23, 2014 11:23 AM

Nov 2012
Noboru said:
750ti is about the best card you can get performance-wise if you have a shitty PSU and need low power.
For anything else, a GTX 660 (or better: GTX 760/770) or a Radeon 270(X) (or better: 280(X)) are about the cards you'd like to get if you want to be able to play games even in the future.

And either an Intel i5/Xeon/i7 or an AMD FX 8XXX depending on whether you want to overclock
(i5/i7 K versions with Z chipset, FX 8XXX with a good cooling motherboard and not some cheap stuff) or not (Xeon 1231/1230 v3 for example on a H chipset, except you would need the features of a Z-board, for example more lanes for a multi-GPU setup).

Pretty much this.

MoldyCereal said:
Hulmy-chan said:

Remember when people used to shut their mouths and just play a game? Yeah, me either.

Shhh you'll break the circlejerk

I'm proud to say I'm not circlejerking thank you very much.

Also, destiny might have the single best video of I5 vs I7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8e0jnm39lE&channel=KiddingSpree
afonsanhoJul 23, 2014 11:31 AM
Jul 23, 2014 11:34 AM
Jun 2014
Because deep down they know PC is better. The only thing good about consoles are the exclusives.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jul 23, 2014 12:54 PM

Mar 2014
LashLethal said:
Because deep down they know PC is better. The only thing good about consoles are the exclusives.

Because in reality, both have pros and cons. None is better than the other. Do you want to live in reality or continue in your delusional world?
Jul 23, 2014 1:01 PM
Jun 2014
Tsun_Pooka said:
LashLethal said:

Because in reality, both have pros and cons. None is better than the other. Do you want to live in reality or continue in your delusional world?

PC has more pros though. Why put a lot of money into a console when you can put a lot of money into a PC that is used for a lot of things like design, video editing, surfing the web. Don't get me started on the amount of freedom you get on a the pc. I like consoles but PC is better. Sorry.
KaiwaiikillahJul 23, 2014 1:08 PM
Jul 23, 2014 1:04 PM

Jun 2014
Why should I care what I'm playing on, all I care about is what I'm playing.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Jul 23, 2014 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
LashLethal said:
Tsun_Pooka said:

PC has more pros though. Why put a lot of money into a console when you can put a lot of money into a PC that is used for a lot of things like design, video editing, surfing the web. Don't get me started on the amount of freedom you get on a the pc. I like consoles but PC is better. Sorry.

Sorry, but none of the two are the better for gaming. They have pros, they have cons. Just because the PC has more pros, doesn't mean it fits for most of the people. People will use what they see fit them.

None are better than the other. You just get used to one of them, that's what.
Jul 23, 2014 1:23 PM
Jun 2014
Tsun_Pooka said:
LashLethal said:

Sorry, but none of the two are the better for gaming. They have pros, they have cons. Just because the PC has more pros, doesn't mean it fits for most of the people. People will use what they see fit them.

Mmmmm the steam sales, the fact that your pc is as good as you make instead of you being stuck with a console for about 5 years, no extra money to play online, unlimited storage space, unofficial fixes for older games, the mods. I can go on for ages.
Jul 23, 2014 1:31 PM

Nov 2012
LashLethal said:
Tsun_Pooka said:

Mmmmm the steam sales, the fact that your pc is as good as you make instead of you being stuck with a console for about 5 years, no extra money to play online, unlimited storage space, unofficial fixes for older games, the mods. I can go on for ages.

10*

Consoles literally have 1 real pro, they require no brain function to use.
The other (not really a pro) pro that consoles have are exclusives, which are extremely unhealthy for the industry.

That's it.

PCs have gotten ridiculously easy to build and use over the last few years.
Building PCs today is like building something using legos, except you have to be more delicate(not extremely, common sense is enough for most people).
Jul 23, 2014 3:51 PM

Mar 2014
LashLethal said:

Mods again. Let's get into it. I was pretty hyped about the PC when mods were mentioned especially for games like GTA. I saw a Windows laptop totally ready to do this. I've only installed a few, petty mods, and moved on to other games. Modding you say.

You don't have 'unlimited' storage space. You still have a capacity to how many hard drives you can install. And my my, your 1TB hard disk must look nice when the games you'd be installing exceed 50GBs...

Unofficial fixes? Consoles don't ever need unofficial fixes! Unless the game is terrible enough that unofficial fixes are the way, still why play terrible games?

No extra money to play online means hello to more people willing to hack and make dupe accounts to get an advantage over your single account. Such a thing is without it's cons. Though I believe this shouldn't be the same for paid games.

But when your good PC suddenly starts to show its age when playing games form the following generation at lower graphics and worse frames per second, don't cry.

Consoles can be used out of the box, they can play discs and download games unlike the future Steam is forcing, they run your games at a stable frame rate and with good graphics at the same time without unbalancing the two, gets optimized for one piece of hardware as opposed to hundreds, hacking in multiplayer is less rampant, and the exclusives. As well as being entertainment devices, without moving your oh so great PC to the living room. Oh, did you forget console players can share games individually, while in PC this has shrunk? And when someone attempts it, only the entire library is shared as opposed to one game?

Consoles and PCs, they are no better than the other. This comes from a guy who used both. They both have their pros, and cons. Choose the side which has the pros that interest you the most and cons that affect you the less. No amounts of PC Master Race rambling is going to shove their opinion, 'kay?
Jul 23, 2014 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
People brag about getting a new console and some games for them because they're new fun things to have and use and aren't super easy to get due to their prices. Its like you suddenly bought this new fun station. As for trying to make you jealous, your friend was being kind of mean.

KAMIN_A said:
why would you get a console if you have a perfectly good Pc that can surf the web provide entertainment and play games for free

To buy and play games you couldn't otherwise get legally otherwise. To not have to worry about a game being bought on a gaming device not working. Maybe there are other personal reasons too.
BloodPhoenix1 said:
There's one important reason PC > consoles and that is Steam.

The Steam sales are too great to miss out on.

Steam DRM is annoying though.
Jul 23, 2014 4:34 PM
May 2007
Lucumo said:
ParaParaJMo said:
Most of the PC games are not my kind of games. I am really an arcade gamer at heart.

Depends on what kind of arcade games. The older ones are all supported via emulators and newer ones, especially fighting, are somewhat on the PC as well(USFIV, KoF, Melty Blood etc).

I like meeting new people and making friends at the arcade. I hate playing online with the stupid ass trolls because they can be "protected" on the internet. I like the social scene. That's how I grew up. DDR is how I also got through high school. By the time I graduated, most of the friends I had were mostly the ones I had at the arcade as opposed to from school.
Jul 23, 2014 4:41 PM
Aug 2013
Pc u can upgrade that's it plus more games way more
Jul 23, 2014 4:53 PM
Jun 2014
Personally, I have both console and pc.

The PS3 for the exclusives (lots of JRPGs, the Disgaea series, Gran Turismo, Japanese rythmn games, etc.)
The PC for anything else (MMORPGs, Touhou,etc.)

I like both.
Jul 23, 2014 5:04 PM
Jun 2014
Tsun_Pooka said:
LashLethal said:

Mods again. Let's get into it. I was pretty hyped about the PC when mods were mentioned especially for games like GTA. I saw a Windows laptop totally ready to do this. I've only installed a few, petty mods, and moved on to other games. Modding you say.

You don't have 'unlimited' storage space. You still have a capacity to how many hard drives you can install. And my my, your 1TB hard disk must look nice when the games you'd be installing exceed 50GBs...

Unofficial fixes? Consoles don't ever need unofficial fixes! Unless the game is terrible enough that unofficial fixes are the way, still why play terrible games?

No extra money to play online means hello to more people willing to hack and make dupe accounts to get an advantage over your single account. Such a thing is without it's cons. Though I believe this shouldn't be the same for paid games.

But when your good PC suddenly starts to show its age when playing games form the following generation at lower graphics and worse frames per second, don't cry.

Consoles can be used out of the box, they can play discs and download games unlike the future Steam is forcing, they run your games at a stable frame rate and with good graphics at the same time without unbalancing the two, gets optimized for one piece of hardware as opposed to hundreds, hacking in multiplayer is less rampant, and the exclusives. As well as being entertainment devices, without moving your oh so great PC to the living room. Oh, did you forget console players can share games individually, while in PC this has shrunk? And when someone attempts it, only the entire library is shared as opposed to one game?

Consoles and PCs, they are no better than the other. This comes from a guy who used both. They both have their pros, and cons. Choose the side which has the pros that interest you the most and cons that affect you the less. No amounts of PC Master Race rambling is going to shove their opinion, 'kay?

"Mods again. Let's get into it. I was pretty hyped about the PC when mods were mentioned especially for games like GTA. I saw a Windows laptop totally ready to do this. I've only installed a few, petty mods, and moved on to other games. Modding you say." Gaming on a laptop. No. Just no.

Yes but we still have more storage space and we can upgrade at anytime.

Entertainment? alt+tab netflix.

Is it sad that my old laptop could boot up and run faster than my ps3?

You're in denial. The only good thing about consoles are the exclusives these companies get to persuade people to by there companies. You should the jump in the water more often. Mmmmm the freedom, the multitasking , the speed. My ps3 is in a box right now and my ps4 just sits there. PC will always be an everlasting platform.
Jul 23, 2014 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
I mostly am just on PC. But am not opposed to consoles. Im excited for a lot of Ps4 stuff coming out.
Jul 23, 2014 5:19 PM

Nov 2012
Ok, let us begin.

Tsun_Pooka said:

Just because you aren't a big fan of mods doesn't mean they aren't a BIG plus.
Doesn't change the fact that you used them.

Tsun_Pooka said:

The only game I can think of that takes up more than 50GBs is Wolfenstein: The New Order, I literally can't think of any other game, maybe you can help?
My hard drive is 1TB large and I've only used up half of it. I have anime, games, pictures, etc... Unless you have a ridiculous amount of games installed or your HDD is tiny, digital storage space usually isn't much of a problem.
Physical storage space however...

I have 96 games on steam, 42 installed, including steam, mods and all that stuff they take up 127 GB TOTAL.

Lets say I had 42 disks on my desk or whatever, the rest in my basement. How much space do 42 disks + cases take up? Oh right.

Also, you can expand your digital storage by adding HDDs or SSDs, I could have a fantastic 256GB SSD, and then, lets say 3 2TB HDDs, and maybe even a blazing fast 64 GB RAMDisk. I can make the games I play the most load VERY VERY quickly, and I have a ton of storage space for other stuff, like video files because of me recording stuff.

How much is a 2TB seagate barracuda again? Oh, 50 POUNDS http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Barracuda-inch-Internal-Drive/dp/B006H32Q3S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406158851&sr=8-2&keywords=seagate+2tb

How much does it cost to create more space in your living room, and how beautiful will it be with all those disk cases lying around, damn...

Tsun_Pooka said:

A lot of console versions of games on PC are in desperate need of fixes, like every game made by bethesda ever. PC can fix, consoles cannot.

Tsun_Pooka said:

>Implying there aren't cheaters on consoles
>Implying anti-cheat systems don't exist.
I've never seen a single cheater in dota, and it's free, in TF2 they are sometimes there, but 99% of players accused of cheating there aren't doing such a thing.

Best hacks are actually paid, so a wee bit of cost is almost completely irrelevant, free hacks are 99% of the time dealt with very quickly.(unless you're nexon, but nexon sucks)

I've never seen anyone who managed to dupe a steam account, ever.
Closest I can think of is alt accounts, but those aren't harmful at all, usually.

Tsun_Pooka said:

Ubisoft is already turning the PC version of games down so consoles won't look as bad. Pc will ALWAYS have better graphics and higher FPS than consoles for the same price.

Tsun_Pooka said:

only pro consoles have is that they can be used by braindead people.

You can still play discs on PC and DL them as well...

You can cap your frames on PC so they're more stable and YOU can tweak the graphic options to what's best for YOU. It's also ridiculously simple to do. The source engine managed to optimize to the point where I get over 1k FPS on low settings, and over 200 on max, whilst having a pretty beautiful game. Star citizen managed to do it considering its in BETA and it look absolutely STUNNING.

>Implying cheating on consoles is any less rampant than in PC.

PC literally has thousands, if not more, exclusives, like, for example, star citizen.

PCs are better entertainment devices than consoles, what do you use to DL and watch anime again?

Gigabyte BRIX and Zotac Zbox say hi.

Oh, you can share games on consoles? FUCK YEAH.

Oh, I can share them too, GoG provides games DRM-free(you can copy it and give it to a friend), and steam allows you to share your whole library OR only certain games to another account, WITHOUT putting your account at risk, beats not having to go to their house and exchanging the game whenever one of you want to play it, on steam, as long as you aren't playing the same game at the same time it doesn't care.

Tsun_Pooka said:

I disagree, the pros of having a PC SEVERELY OUTWEIGH the consoles' single, flimsy pro of being simpler.

Anyone with half a brain can build a computer within 4 hours if they need a really hand-holding tutorial, and they ARE out there. Most people might take about 3 hours to build one for the first time, an experienced builder with EASILY build a basic computer in less than an hour.

This also comes from a guy who's used both pretty extensively.

Oh yeah, and PC can emulate any console before PS3 and XBOX, and progress is rapidally being made on a PS3 emulator, this generation of consoles, due to their architecture, might actually be effectively emulated on PC before the PS3 and XBOX360.

I straight-up countered every single one of your arguments, tell me if you have any doubts, issues, or counter-arguments to what I've said.

This took me a while to write, ask me if you need sauce.

ParaParaJMo said:
Lucumo said:

Depends on what kind of arcade games. The older ones are all supported via emulators and newer ones, especially fighting, are somewhat on the PC as well(USFIV, KoF, Melty Blood etc).

I like meeting new people and making friends at the arcade. I hate playing online with the stupid ass trolls because they can be "protected" on the internet. I like the social scene. That's how I grew up. DDR is how I also got through high school. By the time I graduated, most of the friends I had were mostly the ones I had at the arcade as opposed to from school.

2 words. LAN Parties.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXaJW5mO6tc&list=UUXuqSBlHAE6Xw-yeJA0Tunw
Jul 23, 2014 5:44 PM

Mar 2014
Oh dammit. People in denial, thinking that PC is better because the pros outweighs the pros of the console. It ain't about how many pros versus how many pros, but its about the pros versus the cons.

You'll pick the side with pros that interest you and cons that don't affect you much. This is why the PC isn't better than the console and vice versa, no matter how many points you bring up. But seriously though, can't really cram up an entire wall of text and counter all of them on my phone, but there's one that interested me.

"Entertainment? Alt-tab Netflix."
What if I want Netflix in the living room where its welcome without bringing my PC to the living room which isn't welcome?

"My games takes up only 128GBs"
That's just you. My games eat up the whole 1TB, second is video files.

Another one.
"PC is better than consoles because Steam"
Steam is a steaming pile of broken code. Connection goes off? Lags. Just quit a game? Lags. Want to check my profile? Servers down. Steam Summer Sale? Servers down. Time to sell my limited time summer cards? Servers down. A crappy game called L4D2 is free to claim for 24hrs? Servers down. Want to hide that bad looking Binding of Isaac from your library? You can hide your games on Origin, foo'. Want to share a single game to a friend? Steam can't let you do that. Wait a second, Half-Life 2 and HL2E1 are constantly updating with zero byte updates? You're screwed. You see Rome: Total War validating all of a sudden? Start downloading it again, even if you didn't touch it!

Complain to Gaben? He makes idiotic things like Steam OS, Steam Machine, Big Picture and Steam Controller. Wow, this company must be the best thing ever known in PC history!
Jul 23, 2014 6:02 PM

Jun 2014
There are virtually no PC games I would ever want to play, and I am against emulation, so consoles are the only choice for me.

Jul 23, 2014 6:03 PM
Oct 2013
[quote=Tsun_Pooka]
LashLethal said:

Tsun_Pooka said:

There are tens of thousands of mods for games like Skyrim, you just scraped the tip of the iceberg with crappy ones I'm sure. There are mods for just about everything, even ones that make older, outdated games like System Shock look completely new again. Ones the size of DLC's yet completely free, ones that make the game look better, play better, patch it and fix the game, consoles will never be able to enjoy any of these.

Tsun_Pooka said:
1TB is more than enough for any need. You don't need to have literally every game installed at once anyway. The only game that currently exceeds 50GB is Wolfenstein: The New Order. Most games range from 10-20GB, many more even less. Consoles don't have an infinite amount of space either, this comparison is laughable when you just defeated yourself.

Tsun_Pooka said:
Every game in existence will always have room for improvement. If an unofficial fix comes out and someone legitimately says they don't need it or want it, they're only making it harder on themselves. Consoles don't get to enjoy tons of bug fixes and improvements to games. If you think fixing the game is a bad thing then I don't even know what to say.

Tsun_Pooka said:
Hacking is extremely rare in any game people play. You console peasants just seem to think it's a common occurrence and try to make it seem that way when it's the complete opposite. I've been playing hundreds of games over dozens of genres and run into a hacker once in a blue moon. And what's wrong with duplicate accounts? Most free games couldn't care less if you make a duplicate account, and what's wrong with giving yourself an advantage if it's within the boundaries of the game?

Tsun_Pooka said:
This is something that always makes me laugh. I hope you realize that consoles already running everything at sub par levels. 792p 30FPS? You're forgetting that even if PC's get older and can't run glorious 60FPS and 1080p anymore, we'll still have equal or better graphics and framerates than consoles.

Tsun_Pooka said:
Oh damn a few measly hours of work for multiple times more performance than a console! What will I ever do with myself! Games will always be available one way or another, it doesn't even matter if Steam is forcing something upon you, when it's not even forcing us. We don't have to worry about losing cases or discs either, everything is always neatly organized. And stable framerates and good graphics? No, shitty 30FPS and below 1080p resolution. Again, you're forgetting that PC's have a lot more customization and freedom, and we will always be able to get the best of both worlds. If you're losing frames but still want 1080p then there are hundreds of simple tweaks and fixes to make games perform much better that consoles don't get at all. Unoptimized games can be tweaked as well, our point is completely moot. Again, hacking is very rare already, stop blowing it out of proportion. Exclusives? Please, we have thousands more exclusives that are of much better quality and variety than the select few that consoles get. We're also not restricted to modern games, and can play thousands more games through emulators and just buying them. PC's aren't entertainment devices? You're joking right? They're the best of both worlds, work and play. Hell, you can buy a case for your build that's smaller than a console and move it around with ease. You can hook it up to your TV or watch it on the computer itself. Your TV or something breaks? You're screwed. PC's can also be fixed and updated all the time whereas if a console shits out, which is surprisingly common, then you're screwed. You can't even open it up to clear the dust out without voiding your warranty. Oh, did you know our games are already vastly cheaper than console games, we can indeed share our entire libraries, and we get giveaways. All the damn time. You peasants will never get to enjoy constant giveaways and free games all the time. For we, the glorious master race are generous.

Tsun_Pooka said:
PC is vastly superior by price, performance, and utility. We can do much more than just play games too. Consoles have nothing against PCs, they're literally all cons compared to PC. I highly doubt you've even used both, that's what every console player says to try to prove a point, when in reality they're just pulling it out of their ass.
Jul 23, 2014 6:15 PM

Mar 2014
Wow look at the guy above.

"I highly doubt you've even used both, that's what every console player says to try to prove a point, when in reality they're just pulling it out of their ass."

Now for the epic plot twist! I am a PC user. That doesn't mean I'm going to go PC Master Race mode and think the same way you all think, that PC is better. Oh noes. It is not superior to consoles and neither are consoles superior to PCs. You PC Master Race peasants, get this to your skull: you don't choose something by its pros or else you will be tortures by the cons. You choose something by its pros and cons. Go back to your 1000$ PC.

I'm afraid "console peasants" can share just games and without any limitations as opposed to share entire libraries with oh my god, I can't play a shared Assassin's Creed if my sharer plays Half-Life 2, and if I cheat in his shared copy of CS:S I AND the sharer get VAC banned! And freebies, you can get this if you subscribe to the services of the consoles and you'll get them steadily. Meanwhile the only steady kind of freebie is Origin's. Something Steam lacks totally. Something that PROVIDERS unrelated to Steam do. Sorry but hey, not gonna bother with the rest of your text without an actual keyboard and a large screen. But the fact you assume I'm a "console peasant", oh god, at least the "console peasants" don't care about your argument for they get the pros they want and aren't affected much by the cons.
Tsun_PookaJul 23, 2014 6:21 PM
Jul 23, 2014 6:16 PM

Nov 2012
Tsun_Pooka said:
Oh dammit. People in denial, thinking that PC is better because the pros outweighs the pros of the console. It ain't about how many pros versus how many pros, but its about the pros versus the cons.

Uuhh. PC still has way more pros than cons.

Tsun_Pooka said:
You'll pick the side with pros that interest you and cons that don't affect you much. This is why the PC isn't better than the console and vice versa, no matter how many points you bring up. But seriously though, can't really cram up an entire wall of text and counter all of them on my phone, but there's one that interested me.

I didn't pick sides, I countered your points and brought up my own, please tell me REAL cons to having a computer.

Tsun_Pooka said:
What if I want Netflix in the living room where its welcome without bringing my PC to the living room which isn't welcome?

Didn't I address this already?
Besides, you can literally just put a computer PERMANENTLY in a living room, then you won't have to carry it there.

Tsun_Pooka said:

How many games do you have?
You still didn't actually name a game besides wolfenstein that takes up 50GB

Tsun_Pooka said:
Another one.
Steam is a steaming pile of broken code. Connection goes off? Lags. Just quit a game? Lags. Want to check my profile? Servers down. Steam Summer Sale? Servers down. Time to sell my limited time summer cards? Servers down. A crappy game called L4D2 is free to claim for 24hrs? Servers down. Want to hide that bad looking Binding of Isaac from your library? You can hide your games on Origin, foo'. Want to share a single game to a friend? Steam can't let you do that. Wait a second, Half-Life 2 and HL2E1 are constantly updating with zero byte updates? You're screwed. You see Rome: Total War validating all of a sudden? Start downloading it again, even if you didn't touch it!

I didn't say that.

Connection going off causes lag in console games too, if you're talking about the client, no it doesn't.

Because you can totally crash valve servers by checking a profile...

The fact that you even have cards to sell is a luxury, you don't have them in consoles.

Valve servers can crash, but they don't crash way as often as you make it out to be, but you can still access your games and play them.

>L4D2
>crappy game

I'm shaking my head pretty hard right now.

What does origin have to do with the cons of PC?
You saying you can hide them is not a con, please don't change the subject.

I literally just said you could share your games with your friend, INCLUDING ONLY ONE. STEAM DOES LET YOU DO THAT.

Never had HL2 and HL2E1 do that.
Never had Rome: Total war do that.

After a google search, this might solve your problem: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php

And it's still not a con, as these aren't available on the current gen of consoles.

Oh wow Valve is trying to innovate, they're such idiots.

Also never said they were the best thing ever known in PC history, even though I'd agree they are, on the gaming part of things, well, on par with the quake engine.

You completely missed my points.

Tell me actual Cons of having a computer compared to a console.

And try reading next time.

Tsun_Pooka said:
Wow look at the guy above.

"I highly doubt you've even used both, that's what every console player says to try to prove a point, when in reality they're just pulling it out of their ass."

Now for the epic plot twist! I am a PC user. That doesn't mean I'm going to go PC Master Race mode and think the same way you all think, that PC is better. Oh noes. It is not superior to consoles and neither are consoles superior to PCs. You PC Master Race peasants, get this to your skull: you don't choose something by its pros or else you will be tortures by the cons. You choose something by its pros and cons. Go back to your 1000$ PC.

THEN GIVE US CONS TO USING A PC.

You're the one who pulled the PCMaster race card, I just linked to actual sourced material.

My pc costed me about 500$ and it runs pretty much anything at over 60fps.

Go back to your potato box.

Working_Designs said:
There are virtually no PC games I would ever want to play, and I am against emulation, so consoles are the only choice for me.

Fair enough. Though I'd argue that emulation is ok if you own the game. (unless you literally cant buy it legally or is extremely expensive)
afonsanhoJul 23, 2014 6:30 PM
Jul 23, 2014 6:42 PM

Nov 2011
*sigh* Even I know there are PC gamers out there, that are sometimes embarrassed to be part of their community. And even they're asking "Why can't people just shut up and enjoy the games?"
Jul 23, 2014 6:47 PM

Nov 2012
MasterTengkorak said:
*sigh* Even I know there are PC gamers out there, that are sometimes embarrassed to be part of their community. And even they're asking "Why can't people just shut up and enjoy the games?"

Hey, arguing is fun.

I wouldn't have wasted 1 hour of my time for something that'll probably not change the opinion of someone otherwise.

Anyway, this is not a flame war, it is a civil argument, I don't see a problem in this.

On another note:

#rekt
#PCMasterRace

Praise Gaben and Saint Linus!
Jul 23, 2014 6:48 PM

Mar 2014
That's a smaller wall.

"Uuhh. PC still has way more pros than cons."
Doesn't make it better than the consoles because you don't get my point, do you? What's better is what meets your pros and affects you less with the cons. Tha's why neither are better.

"I didn't pick sides, I countered your points and brought up my own, please tell me REAL cons to having a computer."
Nah you did. You picked the PC. And so far, there are no con's in having a computer, but that totally misses the entire point. There ARE CONS in PC gaming. Don't dodge the bullet.

"Didn't I address this already?
Besides, you can literally just put a computer PERMANENTLY in a living room, then you won't have to carry it there."
Nope. Still isn't as convenient as having the console already plugged in to consume entertainment. I'm not gonna permanently plug a computer's HDMI to a TV either.

"How many games do you have?
You still didn't actually name a game besides wolfenstein that takes up 50GB "
Over 200, I have more modern games because for the first time even the PS2 began showing its age. You'd have to wait though. Games were 4MBs. Then 1GBs. Then 8GBs and over. Even 20GBs. It is inevitable 50GBs would become a norm someday.

"Connection going off causes lag in console games too, if you're talking about the client, no it doesn't." I don't care about the games. The client get severely lagged, and that's the norm. In fact it can randomly lag.

"Because you can totally crash valve servers by checking a profile..."
What if they are already crashed?

"The fact that you even have cards to sell is a luxury, you don't have them in consoles."
Or a gimmick, I tell you. A gimmick employed by Valve to lick the minds of people and still profit... for free. Good thing I haven't had any summer cards to sell, but some of my trader friends aren't really pleased of that.

"Valve servers can crash, but they don't crash way as often as you make it out to be, but you can still access your games and play them."
They crash all the freaking time. Whereas Google crashes rarely and when it does, it gets articles, Steam doesn't get articles. That's a testimony to how severe the issue is. Another thing; I recently noticed EA tweeting about offline time in Origin. Wait, EA does what Valvdon't.

">L4D2
>crappy game

I'm shaking my head pretty hard right now."
Because when you get a game centered around forcing teamwork by not encouraging it but by making your zombies one hit KO enemies, this is totally a crappy game. Why have a health bar when they're one hit KO then? The only reason this game stays in my drive is for GMod.

"What does origin have to do with the cons of PC?
You saying you can hide them is not a con, please don't change the subject."
Oh really. Steam doesn't have hiding games from my library. Steam not having it is a big con for it. Why, I could totally hide that bad box of the console game I bought. Why not on Steam then?

"I literally just said you could share your games with your friend, INCLUDING ONLY ONE. STEAM DOES LET YOU DO THAT."
Cough cough you mean share all your games, not just a damned one. My friend wants to play Alice on Steam, but suddenly I play a totally unrelated game on Steam, called Sonic Adventure 2. He will be given 5 minutes to be pulled out of the unrelated game! Without Steam, I would play my copy of SA2 and he would play my copy of Alice, until I ask back for Alice... Steam never lets you do that.

"Never had HL2 and HL2E1 do that.
Never had Rome: Total war do that.

After a google search, this might solve your problem: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php"
Really, your method is contacting support and that's it? The support that does nothing? Mhmm...

"And it's still not a con, as these aren't available on the current gen of consoles."
What is this?

"Oh wow Valve is trying to innovate, they're such idiots."
Valve innovated nothing. SteamOS is a Linux distro, destined to hang in the background like every other Linux distro, playing only 2% of all games on Steam natively. SteamMachine is a pint sized PC, and that's nothing new. The Steam Controller, obviously just another controller, only built to drive away from actual controllers used as a standard for PC gaming, especially the X360. Big Picture is a dumbed down UI. Where's the innovations in any of this, could you answer that? Instead of making goofy gimmicks, they should focus on fixing their client and getting better servers. But they don't, hence why they are idiots.

"Also never said they were the best thing ever known in PC history, even though I'd agree they are, on the gaming part of things, well, on par with the quake engine."
Their HL series had nothing that trumps other shooters apart from the universally known name. Only games that would be really good and deserving are Portal and Team Fortress 2, but that's it.

"You completely missed my points."
Actually you missed them.

"Tell me actual Cons of having a computer compared to a console."
Again, you miss the points. Having a computer is not a con, but having a computer as a gaming platform has its cons.]
Tsun_PookaJul 23, 2014 6:58 PM
Jul 23, 2014 6:49 PM

Mar 2014
afonsanho said:

Praise Gaben and Saint Linus!

I'm a PC user and I'll never praise these two. Especially the Lord of Bakas Gaben.
Tsun_PookaJul 23, 2014 6:52 PM
Jul 23, 2014 6:51 PM

Mar 2014
MasterTengkorak said:

Why can't people just shut up and enjoy the games? I remember when arcades had better graphics than home consoles but nobody complained because they were enjoying the games. I don't care what's better looking or whether the PC trumps or the console does, I just hop on the platform I want to play on and play a game. I don't care about the graphics or the frame rate (unless its terribly low).
Jul 23, 2014 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
afonsanho said:
Hey, arguing is fun.

I wouldn't have wasted 1 hour of my time for something that'll probably not change the opinion of someone otherwise.

Anyway, this is not a flame war, it is a civil argument, I don't see a problem in this.

I don't know about that, it looks a little bit heated. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Tsun_Pooka said:
Why can't people just shut up and enjoy the games? I remember when arcades had better graphics than home consoles but nobody complained because they were enjoying the games. I don't care what's better looking or whether the PC trumps or the console does, I just hop on the platform I want to play on and play a game. I don't care about the graphics or the frame rate (unless its terribly low).

It's nice to know that you see it that. When my Uncle downloaded Mortal Kombat II on his PS3, we're going "Damn, look at the graphic differences between this and Mortal Kombat 2011". But we didn't concern ourselves, I enjoyed playing the game and seeing Scorpion's fatality. I even had the same reaction when I downloaded Battlefield 2 and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on Steam.
Jul 23, 2014 7:20 PM

Mar 2014
MasterTengkorak said:
I don't know about that, it looks a little bit heated. Can't wait to see where this goes.

It is somewhat. That other theepicguy escalated though, by assuming I'm a console peasant even though I now spend more time on the PC, but I'm still not blind enough to see that the argument is with neither sides. Nor do I care about that Gaben.

MasterTengkorak said:
It's nice to know that you see it that. When my Uncle downloaded Mortal Kombat II on his PS3, we're going "Damn, look at the graphic differences between this and Mortal Kombat 2011". But we didn't concern ourselves, I enjoyed playing the game and seeing Scorpion's fatality. I even had the same reaction when I downloaded Battlefield 2 and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on Steam.

I was kinda the same way when I spent too much playing new-gen games, especially Assassin's Creed, and then somewhat touched the same GTA SA to check for a little while. Heck, I even have Duke Nukem 3D on my phone. I'd also wish to find that Spyro 3 disc for my PSX, one hell of a good game. There are many who would disagree though. But seriously, let's all have fun playing on any platform we could think of.
Jul 23, 2014 9:53 PM

Mar 2014
Insofar as emulation is concerned, outside of handheld emulation, it kind of drops dead at 6th generation.

Unless we're talking Dolphin, ofc.

PCSX2 runs like absolute garbage.
Jul 24, 2014 2:42 AM
Jun 2014
Tsun_Pooka said:

Another one.

Complain to Gaben? He makes idiotic things like Steam OS, Steam Machine, Big Picture and Steam Controller. Wow, this company must be the best thing ever known in PC history!

Just remembered that my desktop is hooked up to my LCD TV so I can watch tv at time.. Tell me something bro...

Steam is better because it runs faster than XB Live and PSN. I have all three. I can't remember the last time it was down. At least it hasn't been down for me for almost a month like PSN. PC clearly has more pros thats why it is better.
Jul 24, 2014 3:36 AM
Jul 2014
LashLethal said:
Tsun_Pooka said:

Another one.

Just remembered that my desktop is hooked up to my LCD TV so I can watch tv at time.. Tell me something bro...

Steam is better because it runs faster than XB Live and PSN. I have all three. I can't remember the last time it was down. At least it hasn't been down for me for almost a month like PSN. PC clearly has more pros thats why it is better.

translation:
"My opinion is that PC is better for me so that's why you all must accept it as a fact otherwise i'll cry in a corner."
maybe you haven't seen steam down, but watch dogs isn't seeing sales from steam either.
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch_dogs-pc-sales-10-12-next-gen-version-sold-2x-more-than-old-gen-version/
Jul 24, 2014 3:52 AM
Jun 2014
OPPRIME said:
LashLethal said:

translation:
"My opinion is that PC is better for me so that's why you all must accept it as a fact otherwise i'll cry in a corner."
maybe you haven't seen steam down, but watch dogs isn't seeing sales from steam either.
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch_dogs-pc-sales-10-12-next-gen-version-sold-2x-more-than-old-gen-version/

Lol why are you bringing up that over hyped game? Good. I'm glad it hasn't been selling well. Also, this

PC= More value for money. I guess consoles are good for casuals. BBC was the person who converted me and I've never looked back.
Jul 24, 2014 3:53 AM
Jul 2018
Used to be a console gamer but then my ex introduced me to PC gaming. The only reason why I am playing in a PC/Laptop/Mac is because of multiplayer gamer. Although there are a bunch of really good games for PC, my experience with console gaming in comparison is less satisfactory in ways that may be weird for people. So to generalize, controller is still my option in gaming instead of keyboards. With consoles, I don't have to procrastinate. I noticed that when I play single player games in PC, I don't enjoy it as much because of the messages I receive. I can go offline but I also want to brag about the games I play hue
Jul 24, 2014 3:58 AM
Jul 2014
LashLethal said:
OPPRIME said:

translation:

Lol why are you bringing up that over hyped game? Good. I'm glad it hasn't been selling well. Also, this

PC= More value for money. I guess consoles are good for casuals. BBC was the person who converted me and I've never looked back.

more value for money if you're on welfare yes,
also please name 1 triple A exclusive pc game
Jul 24, 2014 4:09 AM

Mar 2014
OPPRIME said:

also please name 1 triple A exclusive pc game and Half-Life doesn't count
Jul 24, 2014 4:16 AM
Jun 2014
OPPRIME said:
LashLethal said:

A lot of the best games are multy plat anyway. I could turn around to an xbox owner and ask them what happened to mass effect? Console people talking about GTA5 never coming out on the pc? Bass! I'm only keeping my PS4 for MGS and the upcoming fighting games like Mortal Kombat X and Tekken 7.
KaiwaiikillahJul 24, 2014 4:20 AM
Jul 24, 2014 4:18 AM
Jul 2014
Cyaegha said:
OPPRIME said:

also please name 1 triple A exclusive pc game and Half-Life doesn't count

Half-Life and other valve games are: A)old ass, like fucking old, B)dead, they won't get sequels and shit, so yeah it really doesn't count, and HL is even a triple a game? if i'm thinking it seems a double a at best
Jul 24, 2014 4:21 AM
Jul 2014
LashLethal said:
OPPRIME said:

A lot of the best games are multy plat anyway. I could turn around to an xbox owner and ask them what happened to mass effect? Console people talking about GTA5 never coming out on the pc? Bass!

the funny thing is that you think that some1 still gives a fuck about gta v 1 year later, we are playing destiny, you know that game that you have to wait another year for?
a lot of the.. are multiplat anyway, so if pc doesn't have any triple a game over consoles, then tell me what platform really is the best place to play? (hint:playstation)
Jul 24, 2014 4:22 AM

Mar 2014
OPPRIME said:
Cyaegha said:

Half-Life and other valve games are: A)old ass, like fucking old, B)dead, they won't get sequels and shit, so yeah it really doesn't count, and HL is even a triple a game? if i'm thinking it seems a double a at best

If we wanna split hairs, it's as triple A as can get for PC. Blessed by Lord Gaben himself.
Jul 24, 2014 4:24 AM
Jun 2014
OPPRIME said:
LashLethal said:

A lot of the best games are multy plat anyway. I could turn around to an xbox owner and ask them what happened to mass effect? Console people talking about GTA5 never coming out on the pc? Bass!

the funny thing is that you think that some1 still gives a fuck about gta v 1 year later, we are playing destiny, you know that game that you have to wait another year for?
a lot of the.. are multiplat anyway, so if pc doesn't have any triple a game over consoles, then tell me what platform really is the best place to play? (hint:playstation)

No. Shut up. The only reason why people keeping their old consoles is because GTA5 has yet come on PC, PS4 and Xbox4. People still care about GTA. Wow, one game. Destiny, well done. I'm really missing out guys.

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Mike Pollock drama that is going on recently will go down in history!

funtime43_tr - May 4

7 by herry98 »»
4 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

63 by paintpixie »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - Yesterday

8 by Lucifrost »»
10 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

28 by MalchikRepaid »»
10 hours ago

» What Are Your Favorite Games? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZeroTatsuyaYu - Mar 13, 2016

289 by SolidPayne »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.