New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2014 6:01 AM

Mar 2014
So jack, when does the first day phase end? First day is always the hardest xD
Jul 14, 2014 6:08 AM

Mar 2014
The first day lynch is terrible. That's when everyone decides against you for deciding to lynch...

If I do decide "I'm going to start a day one lynch on an inactive person" it's only because the town needs a win in the morning because the night phase is dangerous for us. So please remember that...
Jul 14, 2014 6:14 AM

Mar 2010
I think each phase is 24 hours. and Good morning guys.
Jul 14, 2014 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
Ranoom said:

I just woke up as well... cool, we must be in the same time zone.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Jul 14, 2014 8:06 AM

Jul 2014
Crowlage said:
it's only because the town needs a win in the morning because the night phase is dangerous for us.

Crow it's like you're telling us you're a townie. or making us think you're a townie. ahahaha
Jul 14, 2014 8:11 AM

Jul 2014
LucianRoy said:
Ranoom said:

I just woke up as well... cool, we must be in the same time zone.

Lucky you guys. It'll be midnight here in a few minutes and i'll have to go to sleep. I still have classes early tomorrow.
See ya ~
Jul 14, 2014 8:17 AM

Apr 2014
Ok sorry about not answering I have been busy today back on for a while now.
I will be changeing the phase in 7 hours I also agree with day one lynching is a bit pointless. I am considering removeing it on my future days or makeing day 1 shorter at least because that is the way I play mafia most of the time.
But that would be unfair if u die without been able to talk which would happen if we took out day 1 and started at night so i will think about it. I am open to any ideas to make the 1 day better
JackritoJul 14, 2014 8:20 AM
Jul 14, 2014 8:26 AM

Aug 2013
vote lucianroy

DIE SCUM!!
Jul 14, 2014 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
Fo-Fai said:
vote lucianroy

DIE SCUM!!

Why me?
Jul 14, 2014 8:31 AM

Mar 2010
LucianRoy said:
Fo-Fai said:
vote lucianroy

DIE SCUM!!

Why me?

Nooo Timezone buddy...........

and goodnite Madhattrr
Jul 14, 2014 8:34 AM

Aug 2013
LucianRoy said:
Fo-Fai said:
vote lucianroy

DIE SCUM!!

Why me?
YOU HAVE NO AVATAR!! SUSPICIOUS!!!

Also why are you guys all playing so careful anyway? What are you mafia or something?
Jul 14, 2014 8:39 AM

Aug 2013
Fo-Fai said:
LucianRoy said:

Why me?
YOU HAVE NO AVATAR!! SUSPICIOUS!!!

Also why are you guys all playing so careful anyway? What are you mafia or something?

Sorry about that. I guess I need to give my entire profile an overhaul.
Jul 14, 2014 8:47 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm. Was expecting an OMGUS vote. Interesting. I mean, that's pretty sketchy reasoning. I'd question it if I were you.
Jul 14, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2013
Fo-Fai said:
Hmm. Was expecting an OMGUS vote. Interesting. I mean, that's pretty sketchy reasoning. I'd question it if I were you.

Are you questioning yourself? Well, I don't see the logic behind that because it probably means you're giving yourself away. At this point I'm questioning why you're questioning yourself.
Jul 14, 2014 8:56 AM

Aug 2013
Dodging the point I see. It's just to me it seems you'd rather lay low instead of call me out on something so random like that. Why is that?
Jul 14, 2014 9:04 AM

Aug 2013
This is getting crazy from a question standpoint. So I'm supposed to be suspicious of you for bringing attention to the fact that you want to lynch me for not having an avatar? Correct me if I'm mistaken, but why would I do that? Up until now you've seemed pretty anxious for some blood judging by your previous comments. It could be that you're trying to start something by rallying players to vote against one another. If I were to trust in my reasoning, then I'd call THAT suspicious.
Jul 14, 2014 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
We vote to shake the foundation. We vote to point fingers. We vote to win. It's all we've got.

Fair enough, but it seems that your head is the one on the chopping block, though, not mine.
Jul 14, 2014 9:23 AM

Mar 2014
Fo...are you executioner?
Jul 14, 2014 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
Fo-Fai said:
We vote to shake the foundation. We vote to point fingers. We vote to win. It's all we've got.

Fair enough, but it seems that your head is the one on the chopping block, though, not mine.

So basically what you're saying is that you just want to "spice" the game up to make it run faster, smoother, etc, and if that's the real reason you're voting for me, then I'm afraid that's no reason at all.

In conclusion the people that look the most suspicious in this game are the people who vote on little more than a mere whim/ basically nothing.

In defense of myself I suppose I should vote for you in return now that a valid reason has appeared, but I'm wary.
Jul 14, 2014 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
Crowlage said:
Fo...are you executioner?
Yes. I'm the only one with balls enough to do it apparently.
LucianRoy said:
Fo-Fai said:

So basically what you're saying is that you just want to "spice" the game up to make it run faster, smoother, etc, and if that's the real reason you're voting for me, then I'm afraid that's no reason at all.

In conclusion the people that look the most suspicious in this game are the people who vote on little more than a mere whim/ basically nothing.

In defense of myself I suppose I should vote for you in return now that a valid reason has appeared, but I'm wary.
I respectfully disagree. There's a reason for my vote. It wasn't to "spice the game up" it was to get the ball rolling. How will we ever get anywhere with everyone playing so carefully and not talking? Judging by your responses, I can tell you've played this game before. So playing ignorance to the ways of RVS is coming off more suspicious than anything to be honest.
Jul 14, 2014 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
"So basically what you're saying is that you just want to "spice" the game up to make it run faster, smoother, etc, and if that's the real reason you're voting for me, then I'm afraid that's no reason at all.

In defense of myself I suppose I should vote for you in return now that a valid reason has appeared, but I'm wary."

[/quote]"I respectfully disagree. There's a reason for my vote. It wasn't to "spice the game up" it was to get the ball rolling. How will we ever get anywhere with everyone playing so carefully and not talking? Judging by your responses, I can tell you've played this game before. So playing ignorance to the ways of RVS is coming off more suspicious than anything to be honest."[/quote]

I'll be absolutely truthful when I say that I have never played this game online before. That, however, doesn't mean that I've never played it at my school before. So, I am unfamiliar with the term "RVS", and the fact that whether or not I am playing ignorance to it is, in truth, a misunderstood question for the sheer reason that I don't know what it is.
Jul 14, 2014 9:45 AM

Apr 2014
ok guys i was wondering what u think about makeing the day phase 16 hours and night 8 since a whole day for both is a waste. people can also pm me in the day if they know they will miss night just wondering what u think.
Jul 14, 2014 10:00 AM

Mar 2014
Jackrito said:
ok guys i was wondering what u think about makeing the day phase 16 hours and night 8 since a whole day for both is a waste. people can also pm me in the day if they know they will miss night just wondering what u think.

You need to give people more time then 8 hours tho jack. It's unfair to different time zones making it so short. I understand you want to speed up the game but 8 is far to short I say. Probably a 12 hour day 12 hour night?
Jul 14, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2014
Crowlage said:
Jackrito said:

You need to give people more time then 8 hours tho jack. It's unfair to different time zones making it so short. I understand you want to speed up the game but 8 is far to short I say. Probably a 12 hour day 12 hour night?

I agree crow that would be better i may not even do it this is just a idea i want to see what people thoughts are
Jul 14, 2014 10:08 AM

Aug 2013
Crowlage said:
Jackrito said:

But 12 Won't be enough for the discussion in the day phase so what about having 24 hour [whole day , both day and night Phases] for them to PM their target ? and 16hour Day 8= Extra time for special roles to PM their Target.

A specific deadline will be said ? Like 6am UTC the Next Day phase will start and If you send PM after that it'll be considered for the next day ?

So instead of wasting 2 days only 1 day for both phase

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jul 14, 2014 10:09 AM

Apr 2014
guys we should continue this in the staff thread
Jul 14, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2013
Jackrito said:
guys we should continue this in the staff thread

I think yup >.>

Jul 14, 2014 10:21 AM

Aug 2013
LucianRoy said:
I'll be absolutely truthful when I say that I have never played this game online before. That, however, doesn't mean that I've never played it at my school before. So, I am unfamiliar with the term "RVS", and the fact that whether or not I am playing ignorance to it is, in truth, a misunderstood question for the sheer reason that I don't know what it is.
I believe you. In person mafia is almost completely different. I'd say the only similarities they have are the basic premise and the name.

Random voting stage or rvs is pretty much just used in the earlier stages of the game for, like I said, getting the ball rolling. Premeditated votes may become clearer as the game moves on but with absolutely nothing going on in the form of voting then the mafians just skate by every phase with pretty much zero risk of ever being outed. Save for some good use in targeting roles by the town. I pretty much know that lynching you is a long shot that you're mafia but I'm still willing to take the risk, for the sake of giving information to my fellow townies. I can't accomplish this task alone though and I know it may seem opportunistic but please understand that this is the way games go in one's I normally play and it hasn't been a detriment to town once. Except in the cases where the thread is basically being dominated by concealed mafia, but the fault in that lies in the activity of the game itself.

Jack, may I link to the wiki? Eh, I'd suggest just searching up on it yourselves. Maybe you'll see what I mean.

A common remedy to help move games along with more noobish crowds is to actually start during the night, frankly this isn't such a case and we need some information.
Jul 14, 2014 10:43 AM

Aug 2013
Well, I tried my best to dissuade your vote by proving your suspicion void. I have failed on that attempt. That, however, doesn't raise the suspicion off you. If what you say is true, then you're basing your vote purely on a random choice, and nothing could have provoked you to do so otherwise. I suppose there is no way to defend against that. With that, I suppose I should vote for you as a last line of defense and a way to even the field, but as I said before: I'm wary. In other words: I think that might be what you want me to do. I'd rather place my vote randomly as well. (Plus it might bring more conversation to the game)

Vote: Haine15
Jul 14, 2014 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
LucianRoy said:
Well, I tried my best to dissuade your vote by proving your suspicion void. I have failed on that attempt. That, however, doesn't raise the suspicion off you. If what you say is true, then you're basing your vote purely on a random choice, and nothing could have provoked you to do so otherwise. I suppose there is no way to defend against that. With that, I suppose I should vote for you as a last line of defense and a way to even the field, but as I said before: I'm wary. In other words: I think that might be what you want me to do. I'd rather place my vote randomly as well. (Plus it might bring more conversation to the game)

I have nothing to defend myself with since it's a random vote with no reason ಠ_ಠ

Jul 14, 2014 10:59 AM

Apr 2014
Haine15 said:

I have nothing to defend myself with since it's a random vote with no reason ಠ_ಠ

Well, you're still safe from being lynched cause right now the votes are 50% LucianRoy and 50% you
"Good-o morning-u ebberi-wan, haba nice day!" - Kud
Jul 14, 2014 11:09 AM

Aug 2013
Haine15 said:
LucianRoy said:

That goes without saying.

The real question is why you haven't voted yet. His vote is justified, he's only trying to save himself. Self preservation isn't a tell either way.

Withholding your opinion and vote is sketchy in general to me. As a townie it's your best way to get info.
Jul 14, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2013
PTYamin said:
Haine15 said:

Well, you're still safe from being lynched cause right now the votes are 50% LucianRoy and 50% you
Are you suggesting we keep the votes tied and don't lynch today?
Jul 14, 2014 11:14 AM

Aug 2013
Fo-Fai said:
Haine15 said:

That goes without saying.

The real question is why you haven't voted yet. His vote is justified, he's only trying to save himself. Self preservation isn't a tell either way.

Withholding your opinion and vote is sketchy in general to me. As a townie it's your best way to get info.

The Problem If I voted everyone will immediately suspect me ಠ_ಠ , I prefer if we had a tie too through , If Other kept in suspecting me although I'm innocent , I have to tell them to give me a good reason for that and vote ಠ_ಠ

Jul 14, 2014 11:15 AM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:

-sigh- Random lynching day 1 is pointless, the risk is too high.
Jul 14, 2014 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
Haine15 said:
The Problem If I voted everyone will immediately suspect me ಠ_ಠ , I prefer if we had a tie too through , If Other kept in suspecting me although I'm innocent , I have to tell them to give me a good reason for that and vote ಠ_ಠ
If you're not going to give an opinion and basically stay on the sidelines then what good are you to the town?

PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING YOU DO WILL BE CONSIDERED SUSPICIOUS. Get over the phobia because that's just how it is. I was the FIRST one to vote and you don't see me in any kind of pickle, now do you?
Jul 14, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
PTYamin said:
Fo-Fai said:

-sigh- Random lynching day 1 is pointless, the risk is too high.
*double sigh*

Have you even been following. I think I've made my point but if you want to sit on our hands day 1 and do absolutely nothing then it's whatever, I can't win the game by myself.
Jul 14, 2014 11:21 AM

Aug 2013
Fo-Fai said:
Haine15 said:
If you're not going to give an opinion and basically stay on the sidelines then what good are you to the town?

PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING YOU DO WILL BE CONSIDERED SUSPICIOUS. Get over the phobia because that's just how it is. I was the FIRST one to vote and you don't see me in any kind of pickle, now do you?

Oh well
Vote Lynch : LucianRoy
For my safety ಠ_ಠ Since everyone here will try to protect themselves anyway.

Jul 14, 2014 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
=.= nobody is listening
Lynch: Haine15
Sorry Haine, but this was to protect you, and Lucian.
Jul 14, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
Why does it have to be me again? I thought this was supposed to be random.
Jul 14, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
Thank you PTYamin!
Jul 14, 2014 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
PTYamin said:
=.= nobody is listening
Lynch: Haine15
Sorry Haine, but this was to protect you, and Lucian.
I'm listening, trust me.

You're saying it's too risky to lynch on day 1. Yea, it's risky. Chances are pretty high we're gonna mislynch. BUT.

WHAT THE HECK ARE WE GONNA HAVE TO GO ON DAY 2????

IT'LL JUST BE THE SAME REPEATING PATERN.

Trust me this game gets less and less random as it goes on.

Btw, PTYamin. That vote caught my eye in a weird way.

I mean it's one thing to through out an RVS vote but it's quite another to start stacking votes on to someone. What made you choose to follow up with voting haine rather than lucian. There's 15 other players in the game you know.
FoJul 14, 2014 11:43 AM
Jul 14, 2014 11:55 AM

Aug 2013
vote PTYamin

For good measure.
Jul 14, 2014 11:58 AM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:

You're saying it's too risky to lynch on day 1. Yea, it's risky. Chances are pretty high we're gonna miss lynch. BUT.

WHAT THE HECK ARE WE GONNA HAVE TO GO ON DAY 2????

IT'LL JUST BE THE SAME REPEATING PATERN.

Trust me this game get's less and less random as it goes on.

1. We don't know how many mafia there are
2. We don't know any of the roles we're playing with
I dont get how the game could get any less random.

To be honest, I think all the available roles should be listed at the beginning of the game. That way, even mislynching would give valuable information.

Fo-Fai said:

Btw, PTYamin. That vote caught my eye in a weird way.

I mean it's one thing to through out an RVS vote but it's quite another to start stacking votes on to someone. What made you choose to follow up with voting haine rather than lucian. There's 15 other players in the game you know.

If i didnt vote Haine, Lucian would still have the majority.
Jul 14, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
vote PTYamin

For good measure.

Lynch: Fo-Fai

Now its 25% me, 25% Haine, 25% Lucian, 25% you

I'm just trying to protect everyone from a pointless mislynch.
Jul 14, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
PTYamin said:

1. We don't know how many mafia there are

Why does this matter? We can ballpark it, honestly, there's probably 4-5. Possibly some third party thrown in there. I don't see why not knowing for sure means we shouldn't lynch though. Explain like I'm 5 please.

PTYamin said:

2. We don't know any of the roles we're playing with

I don't see how this has anything to do with anything either. This game is vanilla. That means it's pretty much standard roles. If you don't know what those are I'd suggest checking out the mafiawiki.

PTYamin said:

I dont get how the game could get any less random.
That's because you've probably never played in a skill-based setup before. Or you've never bothered to try and use critical thinking. Not sure how old you are but just being critical of everything, asking questions, observing votes, wagons, lynches, who dies at night, everything that's said during the day, who's defending who, all these things together can give you reads.

Reads are less than positive educated guesses on what alignment you think the other players are. Sometimes they're weak, sometimes they're strong. You hardly ever have a 100% guaranteed lynch target. The game wouldn't be any fun otherwise. That's what makes it exciting. :o

PTYamin said:

If i didnt vote Haine, Lucian would still have the majority.
Pretty sure I've been using plain English up until now but there's really nothing you can do to stop us from getting a lynch today. You're really just getting in the way of town getting information. If you do happen to be town, then you're making us lose and that's reason enough for a lynch right there. IMO.
Jul 14, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2013
#rekt
Jul 14, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
Fo-Fai said:
#rekt

Lol

Jul 14, 2014 12:37 PM

Apr 2014
since some of u are asking me this thread will phase change in 2 hours 23 mins which is 11 pm my time a bit more than 24 hours but gives me a better time to continue on from.
Jul 14, 2014 12:44 PM

Aug 2013
Can we see a vote count?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.