Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2014 5:48 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
You're a sexy thief
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 19, 2014 9:50 AM

Jul 2009
Can't believe no one commented here yet?

Well don't blame them, you can't really download the series online other than streaming.

Bought the rightstuf DVD, played it on PS4. Still looks good after all these years!

Love Cat's Eye! Really classic series!! Though why can't they install sound detectors, camera's all over the museum instead of just one camera in one entrance XD

It's the 80s so i'll let it slide :)

Can't wait for more Cat's Eye goodness!
Sep 17, 2019 2:10 AM

Sep 2013
I can't get over how stupid covering the lens of the camera with a picture of the vault was. Did they just have no idea how cameras worked back then?
Dec 11, 2020 10:17 AM

Jul 2008
requiett said:
I can't get over how stupid covering the lens of the camera with a picture of the vault was. Did they just have no idea how cameras worked back then?

or maybe they didn't want to give real criminals good ideas? but yeah that was pretty silly.
Mar 29, 2021 12:50 PM
Apr 2016
I grew up on this show! (Altho in German) and it's one out if 2 possible ones for my first anime so I remember it fondly. Just rewatching the first episode and it's actually aged pretty well! It's obviously 80's in style (and some humour) but I don't mind at all!
Jul 16, 2023 2:57 PM
Jun 2020
Yes, surprised that CAT'S EYE has so few episode comments - I always love looking through these as I watch these shows many years later. Never grew up or heard of this one until recently, but it's a lot of fun (I'm on Ep ~14 now). 

I tried City Hunter and loved the aesthetic. Unfortunately, the main character constantly harassing women was just too weird. Cat's Eye has that perfect lo-fi Japan aesthetic I've been looking for too + some James Bond-esque intrigue + funny s*** by Toshi and the Chief <3 
Jul 24, 2023 12:52 PM

May 2023
I'm so glad I decided to watch this! I just love its 80s aesthetic! The animation, the humour, the depictions of urban Japan of the era, the songs (girls doing aerobic in the end feels so "1983"!). I'll definitely enjoy watching this.
Lethal_RabbitJul 30, 2023 4:13 AM
Aug 8, 2023 6:21 PM

Jul 2017
Amazing first episode! I didn't know what to expect going on, but this was a lot of fun. The colors and musick are especially beautiful!
Sep 4, 2023 2:12 PM
May 2019
Okay, the first two seasons are on Amazon Prime, so I know I can watch a few episodes.

I have to agree, the trope of the cop dating the thief is a bit thin. At what point would the cop not recognize his "girlfriend"?
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Feb 4, 5:18 PM

Sep 2020
Great episode & start! Pretty bold of them to not wear any sort of mask, but I assume there will some classic anime-logic face-blindness later on.

The ED was awesomely 80s and sexy.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 33 Discussion

TitanioVerde - Jul 30, 2010

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 15, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 73 Discussion

Rod_Russ - May 16, 2016

8 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 14, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 32 Discussion

SomaHeir - Apr 12, 2015

3 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 31 Discussion

SomaHeir - Mar 14, 2015

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 8, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 30 Discussion

SomaHeir - Mar 11, 2015

2 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 8, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.