Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2014 12:11 AM
May 2014
I'm looking for an anime that starts out good and stays good, like Monster or Hataraku-Maou-Sama, to name a couple. Genre doesn't matter so long as it is engaging with a good plot and characters.
Jun 28, 2014 12:21 AM

Jan 2014
Noragami
İndex
Jun 28, 2014 12:31 AM

Oct 2012
silvermisted said:
I'm looking for an anime that starts out good and stays good, like Monster or Hataraku-Maou-Sama, to name a couple. Genre doesn't matter so long as it is engaging with a good plot and characters.

Baccano!
Mawaru Penguindrum
Psycho-Pass
Kyousougiga
Shinsekai Yori
Mononoke
Jun 28, 2014 12:45 AM

May 2012
No Game No Life <3
Jun 28, 2014 12:49 AM

Jun 2014
Pandora Hearts
Code Geass
[b]
Part
ners in Crime: Pew Accel Deno Wh1t3
[/b]
Jun 28, 2014 1:19 AM

Mar 2008
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Jun 28, 2014 11:59 AM
May 2014
So I have Shine Sekai Yori, but I've heard both good and bad things, so I'm a bit hesitant. I also have Code Geass and am thinking about watching that next. I started episode one of Shin Sekai Yori, but it seems weird so far. Should I keep watching?
Jun 28, 2014 12:02 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Code Geass would probably be the most extreme case of that. Starts getting excited literally the first episode and never slows down until the end of the second season.
Jun 28, 2014 12:06 PM

Mar 2008
silvermisted said:
So I have Shine Sekai Yori, but I've heard both good and bad things, so I'm a bit hesitant. I also have Code Geass and am thinking about watching that next. I started episode one of Shin Sekai Yori, but it seems weird so far. Should I keep watching?

Well, depends on what you find "weird" about it (which you didn't really explain..).
Shinsekai Yori is really plot-driven (at least in my opinion), I think it excelled at displaying us a different world from ours (dystopia that was supposed to be an utopia). I also liked the controversial themes it displayed (I don't want to go into too much detail or else I might spoil something).
The only "weird" thing about it in my eyes is the art style used (it took me a while to get used to, but later on I thought it fitted well).

So to answer your actual question: I'd watch more than 1 episode (maybe 3?) and if you still don't see the appeal in it, than drop it and watch something else
Vanessa-Jun 28, 2014 12:15 PM
Jun 28, 2014 12:10 PM

Feb 2013
fate zero (best action i have seen so far)

shinsekai yori (best plot i have seen so far, if you dont like it till ep 12 then its nothing for you. The point is there is a gay kiss scene in ep 8 and many people dropp it because of ep 8, but after this 1 episode that is just done to show also this aspect in this fantasy world)

code geass (very good story line, rly rly likeable mc)
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jun 28, 2014 12:14 PM
May 2014
I have Shinsekai yori on my computer right now, so it looks like I'll have to give it a shot. The first episode seemed weird, but it has been recommended to me more than any other anime, so it must be pretty good.
Jun 28, 2014 12:21 PM

Oct 2012
silvermisted said:
I have Shinsekai yori on my computer right now, so it looks like I'll have to give it a shot. The first episode seemed weird, but it has been recommended to me more than any other anime, so it must be pretty good.
It's different, and that's what makes it great. It stays away from cliches and instead takes it time building a great plot. Hope you enjoy it!
Jun 28, 2014 1:19 PM
May 2014
silvermisted said:

I should add that the first episode seemed weird becausse of how young the characters are and how they just sat around telling tall tales. It made me feel like I was watching one of those silly supernatural school animes. However, if people insist it gets better, I'll keep going
Jun 28, 2014 1:35 PM

Oct 2012
silvermisted said:
silvermisted said:

I should add that the first episode seemed weird becausse of how young the characters are and how they just sat around telling tall tales. It made me feel like I was watching one of those silly supernatural school animes. However, if people insist it gets better, I'll keep going
There are 2 time skips. So the characters won't stay young forever :P
Jun 28, 2014 1:41 PM

Dec 2013
You should probably take your time watching Shinsekai Yori. It takes a while to ramp up, and things will feel disconnected until the end. I personally didn't like it, but it's worth checking out. It's pretty unique, I guess.

+1 Psycho-Pass
+1 Noragami
Mushishi
Fate/Zero
Canaan
Black Lagoon
Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari

Some comedies since you liked Hataraku no Maou-sama:

Arakawa Under the Bridge
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Would also highly recommend Ping Pong the Animation!11 (finished airing recently)
Jun 28, 2014 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
similar to monster: Gankutsuou, Shinsekai Yori

+1 psycho pass
+1 Baccano!
+1 mushishi
+1 black lagoon
+1 fate/zero
+1 code geass

enjoy~
Jun 28, 2014 1:53 PM

Dec 2013
Code Geass
Cowboy Bepop
Trigun
Steins;Gate
Attack on Titan
Samurai Champloo
Durarara!!
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jun 29, 2014 1:26 AM
May 2014
Kalypze said:
silvermisted said:

I should add that the first episode seemed weird because of how young the characters are and how they just sat around telling tall tales. It made me feel like I was watching one of those silly supernatural school animes. However, if people insist it gets better, I'll keep going
There are 2 time skips. So the characters won't stay young forever :P

I'm on episode 5 and hooked.
Since I'll likely finish in a few days, hopefully I can continue to get more recommendations for other good animes to watch after.
Jun 29, 2014 1:57 AM

Apr 2014
How the f*ck have you not watched Code Geass yet. Its like the most popular anime out thee, and it is amazing.

Also try: Death Note
Full Metal Panic!! series
Kore wa Zombie desu ka? series (in my top 3 :D)
No Game No Life
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Toaru Majutsu no Index series

and if you don't mind comedy: Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu series

They are my best ones, like my 10 ratings in my list.
if you run you get faster to your location

have a nice day
- FALL3RE
Jun 29, 2014 6:38 PM

Apr 2014
Hikaru No Go
First anime i watched 75 episodes straight without even thinking about any other anime.
It's really, really engaging
This too shall pass...
Jun 29, 2014 7:53 PM
Jun 2014
i heard hellsing ultimate the 10 episode ova was good throughout
Jun 30, 2014 11:02 AM
May 2014
Seen hellsing and read the manga of hikaru no go
Jul 3, 2014 9:21 PM
May 2014
precious said:
silvermisted said:

Well, depends on what you find "weird" about it (which you didn't really explain..).
Shinsekai Yori is really plot-driven (at least in my opinion), I think it excelled at displaying us a different world from ours (dystopia that was supposed to be an utopia). I also liked the controversial themes it displayed (I don't want to go into too much detail or else I might spoil something).
The only "weird" thing about it in my eyes is the art style used (it took me a while to get used to, but later on I thought it fitted well).

So to answer your actual question: I'd watch more than 1 episode (maybe 3?) and if you still don't see the appeal in it, than drop it and watch something else

So I just finished it and it absolutely blew my mind. It was so good and my new favorite. But what do I watch now?
silvermistedJul 3, 2014 9:25 PM
Jul 3, 2014 9:30 PM
Jul 2014
No Game No Life
Jul 4, 2014 1:18 AM

Jun 2014
Angel Beats is your best bet.
Toradora is also good.
Jul 4, 2014 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
CODE GEASS
CLAYMORE
MIRRAI NIKKI

YOU JUST CAN'T MISS ANY OF THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More topics from this board

» Rec fantasy/isekai anime without OP MC

D5rkUnl0ck3r - 19 minutes ago

0 by D5rkUnl0ck3r »»
19 minutes ago

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - May 10

15 by M2zC »»
2 hours ago

» Pure comedy anime with no drama, suggestions?

JustSomeone15 - Yesterday

5 by M2zC »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for a non-harem Isekai anime

Michael_Mika - Mar 14

20 by OfficialMango »»
10 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

10 by Khashishi »»
Yesterday, 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.