Forum Settings
Forums

SPOILERS!- Darker than Black episode 25- SPOILERS if you didn't finish the series.

New
Did you like the ending?
Jan 28, 2008 3:08 AM

Jul 2007
So I finished the show yesterday, the ending was amazing. What did you guys think?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 28, 2008 9:48 AM

Jan 2008
It was a nice ending but when they reveal the whole syndicate thing, it really makes me hope for a second season
Jan 28, 2008 10:58 AM

Oct 2007
WARNING! SPOILERS HERE!

I don't think that second season'll be airing. All concractors that Hei knows are gone. Now there's only he and that police woman (Misato?). I think it's fine with one season.

Jan 28, 2008 3:01 PM

Jan 2008
I just finished it, too. And I give the overall series a 10/10, but the ending was a tad bit unsatisfying.. Not exactly what I expected to happen.. What I thought was supposed to happen was that Hei didn't hesitate, and he blew up Japan, and somehow managed to survive with Yin and Mao. And continued life somewhere else with other contractors.. Or somthing a bit less dramatic. It's the same with Kirihara knowing the Li-Kun was Hei. You'd expect her to stop him some other way, and un-mask him... And be all surprised that BK-201 was actually the clumsy Li-Kun...

Then, think about it.. At the end it shows that there's still more contractors.. But the public knows about them, and what they're capable of.. And then there was that observation ghost shaped like Yin.. So Yin might still be alive... And then there's also Mao. He seems to have been taken over by the original cat of that body.. So he may someday return. If they start a second season, it could be Kirihara chasing after Hei and Mao.. and maybe they might make some more friends.. It could be interesting, depending on how they put it.
Jan 28, 2008 6:06 PM

Jul 2007
I agree Jello. I was expecting what you listed but the ending did clear up a few details that confused me. Mao, Yin and Hei's whereabouts still remain mysterious which leaves it open a second season but I really do think that they will just end it.
Jan 28, 2008 7:54 PM

Jan 2008
Sort of confused me a bit more.. I watched it, but I can't quite get the point. So, Amber touched the meteor fragment to Hei's chest, and he went into this cool little 'hallucination' world, and saw everyone... So all the people in that yellow world are dead? Or they are just part of his hallucination? And to top it off, Hei was sent back in time a bit, and still didn't destroy the gate.. I would've so there's no other possible chance to kill all contractors. Sheesh.. I hope they suddenly make a second season that clears up the rest of the details.
Jan 29, 2008 6:13 AM
Oct 2007
I was hoping for a better ending, but overall i liked it.
Jan 30, 2008 5:28 PM

Jul 2007
Jello said:
Sort of confused me a bit more.. I watched it, but I can't quite get the point. So, Amber touched the meteor fragment to Hei's chest, and he went into this cool little 'hallucination' world, and saw everyone... So all the people in that yellow world are dead? Or they are just part of his hallucination? And to top it off, Hei was sent back in time a bit, and still didn't destroy the gate.. I would've so there's no other possible chance to kill all contractors. Sheesh.. I hope they suddenly make a second season that clears up the rest of the details.

This is what I got from it. From watching it and reading other forms.

Right before the button was pressed to explode Heaven's Gate. Amber used her power to stop time and give Hei extra time to think about his choice. In the yellowish world I assume and most people assume that everyone there is dead. Like everyone there died in the show. SO I think it was like a place where contractors go which doesn't explain what Huang was doing there but whatever! Uhhhhhhh the last part. I'm as confused as you but doing some research I found some tidbit you will love. I'll add it to the news. :D
Jan 30, 2008 6:48 PM

Jan 2008
I need to re-watch that episode.. And try to figure it out. I don't remember exactly who was there. But if it is a place where the Contractors go, then Huang isn't human.. Otherwise, it must be some sort of flash-back place where all the people that were 'close' to Hei went before they left to go somewhere else..

That also makes me wonder.. Where do contractors go when they die? Dolls, too.. Then a few more wonders are How do people become contractors and dolls..? I hope they make some OVA or some movie to clear everything up..

And about FUNimation releasing DtB.. How badly does everyone think that they will mess up the voices? They might do a good job.. But I hope they get someone to match all the character's distinct personalities...
Feb 10, 2008 6:55 AM

Dec 2007
Jello said:
I need to re-watch that episode.. And try to figure it out. I don't remember exactly who was there. But if it is a place where the Contractors go, then Huang isn't human.. Otherwise, it must be some sort of flash-back place where all the people that were 'close' to Hei went before they left to go somewhere else..

That also makes me wonder.. Where do contractors go when they die? Dolls, too.. Then a few more wonders are How do people become contractors and dolls..? I hope they make some OVA or some movie to clear everything up..

And about FUNimation releasing DtB.. How badly does everyone think that they will mess up the voices? They might do a good job.. But I hope they get someone to match all the character's distinct personalities...

I heard something about a new 8 episode season, to conclude the series.

Someone confirm this please, i need satisfaction about this badly, like all other DtB fans.
Feb 10, 2008 12:39 PM

Jul 2007
Chavez said:
Jello said:

I heard something about a new 8 episode season, to conclude the series.

Someone confirm this please, i need satisfaction about this badly, like all other DtB fans.

Hmm. That's the 1srt I've heard of it. I'll do some digging
Feb 10, 2008 12:45 PM

Jan 2008
I slightly heard about that. That they might do an OVA to conclude the series. But I never confirmed it.
Feb 21, 2008 4:33 PM

Jan 2008
they better make a second season it was awesome but the ending dissappointed me
Feb 25, 2008 2:12 PM

Dec 2007
I thought the ending was... Different. Different than most animes.

It was slightly unsatisfying, though only because it left me hanging. Does that make any sense? I still have a lot of questions that are unanswered, and the ending confused me a bit as well.

The whole thing with the yellow wolrd and hallucinating. I don't really get that... Hehe.

Though, on Wikipedia, it says they're making an OVA that MAY conclude the series. I'm hoping it doesn't, because they made it seem as if Yin was still alive and I honestly would love another season of DTB.

I'm hoping FUNimation doesn't screw up the voices >.>

Mar 7, 2008 4:04 PM

Dec 2007
iiMNOTOKAY said:
I'm hoping it doesn't, because they made it seem as if Yin was still alive

She is.
Mar 17, 2008 11:21 AM

Dec 2007
Chavez said:
iiMNOTOKAY said:
I'm hoping it doesn't, because they made it seem as if Yin was still alive

She is.

I was hoping that.

The OVA is released on March 26th :)

Mar 20, 2008 5:31 PM

Jan 2008
Let's hope there will be subbed version quickly :) I guess what they will show us this time... But I'm sure that Yin is alive, no doubt.
Jun 18, 2008 9:44 AM

Jun 2008
I guess it all depends on how we want it to work out. I think the ending was okay though there were alot of unresolved issues.
But I was really hoping that Hei and Misaki would develop a romantic relationship.
I hope that there would be another season to answer all our questions.
Sep 28, 2008 6:04 PM

Aug 2007
Jello said:
If they start a second season, it could be Kirihara chasing after Hei and Mao.. and maybe they might make some more friends.. It could be interesting, depending on how they put it.

If that's the case I think they're better off not making a second season -_-

And as for the yellow world, I think Hei saw everyone there again because the meteor fragment (which Amber put into his chest) has the ability to let you see hallucinations of your desires. Maybe he wanted to see everyeone again and have their advice on what he should do?
Jan 18, 2010 1:08 PM

Jan 2010
Yes
Well I think what I think is yes
confused I see
Sig deleted for being too large.
Apr 18, 2010 10:30 PM

Dec 2009
WELLLLLLLLLL, i watched darker than black dubbed, becuase i got it on dvd.
and it all makes sense to me O.O
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » darker than black:favourite character

mikiu - Jan 31, 2009

47 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 17, 2018 5:56 PM

» [CLOSED FOR NOW] MEMBERCARDS ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rawrandom - Jul 31, 2009

358 by UnknownSample »»
Nov 23, 2011 8:56 PM

» IP ACT STOP CONGRESS

LeiraSedohr - Nov 16, 2011

0 by LeiraSedohr »»
Nov 16, 2011 10:09 AM

» "Club Picture" - Question

Lelis - Dec 5, 2010

3 by rawrandom »»
Jan 2, 2011 8:45 AM

» [730+ Members] Limited Edition Cards! [CLOSED]

rawrandom - Aug 21, 2010

8 by rawrandom »»
Sep 14, 2010 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.