Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 21, 2014 3:26 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Clotaku Club! is a Korean light novel and translated at Imoutolicious LN Translations. This was also the first Korean LN that I found here in MAL and decided to check it out.

Main character, Kang Injin, narrates the story from his own perspective and he is a closet otaku, or "Clotaku" for short. He meets this cute petite girl, Seo Yeonji, a tenacious bossy devil who discovers that he was actually an otaku. You cute little stalker! Injin's daily life got more troublesome thanks to Yeonji dragging him on her own selfish goals. What she wanted was to form a club for "Clotakus", a place for the unsociable Otakus meeting up, hiding away from class for Otaku activities, etc. etc. They would only be two members if they'd form a club, and they of course need a clubroom, more members (a total of five to be exact), club funding, and an advisor.

Well they got their clubroom, and it's the school infirmary with the sexy school nurse, Yu Youngseon, as their club advisor. She happens to be an otaku who enjoys playing VNs. No otome games for a woman like her, huh? She's more of a lazy and nonchalant advisor though, but hey, that works for me!

If there was a club for closet otakus (their club), there's also a club for "public otakus", led by the "Pubtaku Queen", Eun Yerin. She's like the stereotype of your typical high class ojou-sama, haughty attitude and has this strong aura of sophistication around her. Heck, even the main character couldn't believe that she has blonde hair, so he mistakes her for a foreign exchange student. BUT! He was able to recognize and discern that she was indeed an otaku. Like if he had a Scouter in his hands, her power level would have overloaded the scouter causing it to explode. Hey Vegeta!

A series of unfortunate events for our MC have led to him getting "kidnapped" into Yerin's club called "Moe Research Club" (I LOVE that name! I'd totally wanna be part of it if I was there, lol!) which led to a confrontation of both club presidents that called an Otaku showdown to see which otaku club is more superior. The only way to settle this was through the Otaku Word Chain. This word chain game has its own set of complex rules which makes it harder to play but if you're a true otaku then this game should be easy for you. :P

Their showdown, the Otaku Word Chain, was truly mindblowing. It's "The Epic Otaku Battle of History" with a message for us across the world who enjoy what we love. Also, Yerin drops her act and her facade. There was a reason why she became an Otaku and made the Moe Research Club. Who won the Otaku Word Chain? Well, read on and find out. I'll just have to say that this chapter was amazing and made my jaw drop. There were also too many references in here which made it even more awesome. Their showdown was brilliant! I really liked it! xD

A very satisfying volume 1, I must say. This sure is one fantastic Korean LN and I sure would like to read more! Hopefully volume 2 would be translated completely soon~

Thanks for reading!

Yeonji: "Nyuu--"

^ This always makes me lol!
Nov 12, 2014 9:20 PM
May 2009
When I first read the title of this LN I thought it was about People who liked clothes or something. But your summary has shown me the light. I'll give this a shot. Wish there were LN translation compilation site like there are for Manga. Finding good LN to read that are actually being translated feels like hunting for Big Foot, though slightly less impossible. Not to mention how often LN translations die out and are never picked up again :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clotaku club! Volume 2 Discussion

LunyRem - Aug 9, 2014

0 by LunyRem »»
Aug 9, 2014 2:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.