Forum Settings
Forums

The Bakemonogatari light novel series by Nishio Ishin translation project

New
Oct 2, 2009 1:23 PM
Mar 2008
Ok guys so here is the deal myself and a few other individuals have decided to have a go at translating the Bakemonogatari light novel series by Nishio Ishin and we are currently looking other members of the community who know a bit of Japanese to lend a hand in this operation.

Now your level of Japanese doesn't matter as we already have 2 candidates for the main branch of the translating. (Others are more than welcomed to apply for translating post as well so that things may go a bit smoother)
If your at advance level or just a beginner of the language you're more than welcome to participate as it is a learning experience. This is the first time one of the translators and I will be working with something as big as a novel (normally we just do small poems, songs and children's stories), so as I said "its a learning experience"

So if you think you have some time to spare and your fond of the Japanese language why don't you give it a try :) We got positions available for editors, quality checkers, pre-release translators etc.

Candidates can contact me via private message on MAL and we will exchange email addresses as time goes by , serious inquires only please.

P.S.
Also to note our main translator will like to release a Spanish version of the novel as well and I'm currently on the look out for a Chinese translator.

N.B.
What we are planning to do is a service free of charge and will be released to the general public with no strings attached. Please note that you will be working for nothing but that warm feeling that you helped others experience a part of foreign culture and a great series that was meant to be told.
Translating will commence 3 days prior to this post with or without volunteers.
master-lingOct 5, 2009 9:34 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 5, 2009 5:19 PM
Mar 2008
Translation has begun!
Links will be posted in the group every time a release is available.

Look forward to our Spanish, Chinese, English (British Ver.), English (American Ver.) and a special language version releases.

I would like to thank the following individuals for their time and effort.

HTH
eddyak
Brad Koehler
Otohane
Cata Feier
blakbunnie27
Aderu
drksmkpunchr
Splendiferous

We still have room for staff so if you're interested let us know :D
master-lingOct 18, 2009 11:22 AM

Nov 27, 2009 12:35 PM

May 2009
Baka-Tsuki is already translating the novel.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Bakemonogatari
Nov 27, 2009 12:41 PM
Mar 2008
Meow-kun said:
Baka-Tsuki is already translating the novel.

As stated in our "About Us" section we know...but does Baka-Tsuki have it available in 5 different languages? I think neigh.

Baka-Tsuki can continue translating the novel for all we care as we have our own style and formatting that we like. We've been emailed by many users stating that they like our interpretation alot better.

Thanks for your heads up anyway, I know you didn't mean it in any disrespectful kind of fashion but honestly I'm tired of people pming and quoting this :)
master-lingNov 28, 2009 8:43 PM

Nov 28, 2009 6:49 PM
May 2008
O' my I'm really looking forward do this. And above all, your writng style looks/seems wonderful.
Do you have any idea when it's going to be finished?
Lol, you're probably sick and tired of hearing ''that'' question again.
Oct 18, 2010 11:20 PM

Oct 2007
I need moooooooreee @_@
Dec 9, 2010 1:40 AM
Oct 2009
Where exactly do I find these translations?

Thanks by the way.
Jan 5, 2011 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
ide really love to read these someday.
Jan 30, 2011 7:04 PM

Feb 2010
T_T there's no english sub .

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Hitagi Image Thread.

Yandere - Jul 6, 2009

28 by Nochiro »»
Mar 30, 2021 12:00 AM

» Nisemonogatari - Senjougahara's long hair is gone.

KyonSmith - Oct 16, 2011

23 by EmperorAlfred »»
Feb 15, 2019 7:39 AM

» So,why do you love her ( 1 2 )

Dangooooooo - Jul 15, 2009

59 by Benjmngc »»
Mar 7, 2016 9:23 PM

Sticky: » ****CLOSED****member cards ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dangooooooo - Sep 7, 2009

486 by FullmetalPHX »»
Sep 30, 2010 12:31 AM

» Bakemonogatari Light Novels

hellsoldierx15 - Jul 20, 2009

3 by mastertek »»
May 5, 2010 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.