Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2014 11:38 PM
Apr 2010
I had this thought while showering and contemplating on the newest Naruto chapter.

We see everyone in Narutoverse under the influence of the infinite Tsukiyomi and each of them are experiencing their own unique moments of happiness. If Naruto wins, their reality reverts back to a world plagued with violence and war.

The thing is, is it really such a bad idea to permanently keep everyone in their own cocoon of bliss?

Naruto and co. are vehemently opposed to Madara's plan because the happiness achieved would only be an illusion. It's not authentic happiness. The question is, in a world of bloodshed and warfare, in a reality where happiness can be denied to some people, does it really matter?
Jun 1, 2014 2:00 AM
Apr 2014
harrysoung said:
I had this thought while showering and contemplating on the newest Naruto chapter.

We see everyone in Narutoverse under the influence of the infinite Tsukiyomi and each of them are experiencing their own unique moments of happiness. If Naruto wins, their reality reverts back to a world plagued with violence and war.

The thing is, is it really such a bad idea to permanently keep everyone in their own cocoon of bliss?

Naruto and co. are vehemently opposed to Madara's plan because the happiness achieved would only be an illusion. It's not authentic happiness. The question is, in a world of bloodshed and warfare, in a reality where happiness can be denied to some people, does it really matter?

humanity would end when everyone dies in the cocoons, whether from old age or the cocoon taking all their chakra
Jun 1, 2014 9:05 AM

May 2014
It basically robs everyone of their free will, it's okay to dream and everything but it's not real and everyone has to come back to reality has some point after their dream xD

I'm indecisive about this so idk it would be nic to dream up stuff and make my life better and shit but it's just a genjutsu, not reality so it doesn't really count
Jun 4, 2014 1:17 AM
Feb 2014
yeah it would be similar to that shit in the bible, the place between heaven and hell called purgatory, its basically a nothing world, like yyazik said and my example: its pointless to achieve hokage for kiba because he never had 1 second to experience it in reality, just a puppet for kaguya basically which sucks even worse than being in control on a battlefield against kaguya that could possibly end Infinite Tsyukomi if she is defeated.
Jun 4, 2014 2:40 AM

Sep 2012
I personally don't think it's such a bad thing. Everyone lives in their ideal world, and are free from the dangers and harms of the real world. It's a perfect escape.
Humanity will end, eventually, but who really cares when everyone has lived a perfect life?
Jun 4, 2014 4:25 AM

Jun 2013
Sennen_Goroshi said:
yeah it would be similar to that shit in the bible, the place between heaven and hell called purgatory, its basically a nothing world, like yyazik said and my example: its pointless to achieve hokage for kiba because he never had 1 second to experience it in reality, just a puppet for kaguya basically which sucks even worse than being in control on a battlefield against kaguya that could possibly end Infinite Tsyukomi if she is defeated.

It's not really pointless for him to become Hokage because he will never know that he's inside the Tsukiyomi. I think this utopia is more the paradise than the purgatory : it's a place where everyone would be happy forever. But, it's not too different than commit suicide to access the paradise. I don't think it's bad in itself, but it's selfish for those who remain. Since everyone will do the same and go to paradise, it's pretty attractive.
The Hokage will say something like "But, the next generation will never born. You sacrifice their future happiness in order to increase yours."
Jun 4, 2014 6:03 AM

Feb 2014
If i gonna take it seriously, Infinite Tsukuyomi is worst.

Basically, someone who want an extreme equality where all people got their happiness. What's that? So you reject pain and hard work. If i say it, there is no difference for someone who do suicide. Madara forced everyone to do suicide.

If Madara really want happiness or to be a hero that much, just do Infinite Tsukuyomi on Himself where he have a "dream" about he cast Infinite Tsukuyomi on everyone, so he can be a savior in his dream, why he must forced everyone to play with his idiot game anyway.

We human always want to be different with other. That's why we work hard, have passion, and sometimes fall and feel the pain, but we can stand up again. That was mean to be a human. Madara basically want everyone have a hive mind and live like a zombie. Such a bad motive for villain if i tell the truth.

And now it worsened because he got stabbed by Kaguya. owch.
Jun 4, 2014 6:42 AM

Dec 2009
Lol it's pretty damn bad now...considering everyone that ends up in this dream has their life sucked away and they become White Zetsus...
Jun 5, 2014 9:47 AM
Apr 2014
Rignak said:
Sennen_Goroshi said:

It's not really pointless for him to become Hokage because he will never know that he's inside the Tsukiyomi. I think this utopia is more the paradise than the purgatory : it's a place where everyone would be happy forever. But, it's not too different than commit suicide to access the paradise. I don't think it's bad in itself, but it's selfish for those who remain. Since everyone will do the same and go to paradise, it's pretty attractive.
The Hokage will say something like "But, the next generation will never born. You sacrifice their future happiness in order to increase yours."

They would not be happy forever, they would be happy until turned into white zetsu... pretty terrible fate IMO.
Jun 5, 2014 9:48 AM
Apr 2014
MShukyDeneuve said:
Basically, someone who want an extreme equality where all people got their happiness. What's that? So you reject pain and hard work. If i say it, there is no difference for someone who do suicide. Madara forced everyone to do suicide.

We call this murder, not forced suicide.
Jun 6, 2014 9:28 PM

Feb 2014
page04z said:
MShukyDeneuve said:

We call this murder, not forced suicide.

Call that a figure of speech, as Madara didn't exactly kill the IT target. but kill their "human part" like to be different from other, or hard working to achieve something.
Jun 11, 2014 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
Raidol said:
I personally don't think it's such a bad thing. Everyone lives in their ideal world, and are free from the dangers and harms of the real world. It's a perfect escape.
Humanity will end, eventually, but who really cares when everyone has lived a perfect life?

It is. You will get bored of it eventually. Small flaws in people's character, having fights with some of your friends, as annoying as they all may seem, it makes life interesting since new things might occur.

Let's take Hinata's dream as an example. She is with Naruto forever, he never denies what she wants, he does what she asks him to without fault and he is in general, a perfect human to be with, right? Wrong. He is a puppet. That is what a human with no free will is.
Jun 11, 2014 4:45 AM
Jun 2014
It didn't work anyway so DUUUUUUUUUUUH!
Jun 11, 2014 4:59 AM

Sep 2008
Infinite Tsukiyomi: anyone getting that 'take the red pill/blue pill' vibe here?

If you don't get that quote from the Matrix, then I feel sorry for you. Anyways, like the Matrix, the Infinite Tsukiyomi is pretty much using everyone as a battery until they die whilst those people are obliviouz to it as they dream away. Can be good for some considering most live their life in front of a tv or a computer these days, but for ninjas that would pretty much suck.
Jun 11, 2014 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
One dimensional characters, one dimensional dreams.
Jun 11, 2014 8:28 AM

Apr 2008
Rance-sama said:

That is a suitable answer.

War is crap, but you can't live without struggle. You can live 70 years and NOT be a soldier; you'll see people die unfairly; you can have dreams that you may not achieve.

You have to find happiness in the future. And most of all, learn from your mistakes (and have some enthusiasm). Madara did not learn his lesson. #TsukiyomiOrNaw
Jun 11, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2013
Alcohol and drugs make people happy, why isn't everyone drunk and high 24/7?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2016 1:23 AM
Jul 2016
yyaziK said:
It basically robs everyone of their free will, it's okay to dream and everything but it's not real and everyone has to come back to reality...but it's just a genjutsu, not reality so it doesn't really count

Who cares?!

Flashoftheback said:
...So you reject pain and hard work. If i say it, there is no difference for someone who do suicide...just do Infinite Tsukuyomi on Himself...
We human always want to be different with other. That's why we work hard, have passion, and sometimes fall and feel the pain, but we can stand up again. That was mean to be a human...

1. Nobody wants pain and hard work.
2. There's a HUGE difference between dreaming and suicide. If you don't accept that I can't really argue with you but that would only mean that our understanding of "reality" is totally different. NP with that though.
3.who said that in that dream their life is so boring? Maybe, no - probably they had their own ups and downs situations but they were way better than real life.
page04z said:

they would be happy until turned into white zetsu...

I'm pretty much sure that it's better than dying at a young age or facing death and wars everywhere...
DarkLordd said:

Let's take Hinata's dream as an example. She is with Naruto forever, he never denies what she wants, he does what she asks him to without fault and he is in general, a perfect human to be with, right? Wrong. He is a puppet. That is what a human with no free will is.

Again, it's a dream that was created to make the dreamers HAPPY. I think that Madara had lready figured out that a too perfect world is boring. See what I wrote in 3.

Rance-sama said:

Again. The dream's main and only goal is to make the dreamers happy.

Minagatachi said:
Alcohol and drugs make people happy, why isn't everyone drunk and high 24/7?

Good point, but it's different because alcohol and drugs eventually harms you and your family and all of your friends (I assume that you talk about the bad drugs. Some kinds of drugs is really helpful and not that bad) and like everything in this world those things have their advantages and disadvantages and in that case the advantage of being 100% happy for an hour doesn't worth all the problems it causes. But in the infinite tsukoyomi - there's no disadvantages at all. You're happy, everyone is happy, except for that it's not really happening but only a dream, but you (the dreamer) doesn't know that! So who cares?! Who decides what's the real world and what's not? Maybe we are a part of a fake world. Does that change something? Maybe you should try to escape or at least keep in mind that possibility? No, because it doesn't matter. Life will keep happening. And our life is not that good. The lives of the dreamers is great. The best ones, actually. And they will have kids (because kaguya will need more power after they all die) and they will also experience the best possible life. Maybe their dreams will even be shared if it won't contradict anything.
Jun 25, 2017 4:34 AM
May 2015
i think its not a bad idea. id rather die happy in a dream than live a life full of conflict.

IN NARUTO WORLD WHERE FRIENDS TRULY CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER IN THE POINT OF RISKING THEIR LIVES ID SAY THERES NO NEED TO HAVE THE GENJUTSU. YOU HAVE PEOPLE TO FILL IN THE SADNESS

IN REAL WORLD IT IS NEEDED. TRUE FRIENDS THAT WOULD DIE FOR YOU WONT APPEAR SO NICE AND EASILY. A WORLD FULL OF HATE AND BETRAYL..THINK ABOUT IT
Jun 26, 2017 5:24 PM

Sep 2016
Madara literally wants to make a MATRIX in Naruto world, don't matter from what perspective you look that, it's an horribly dystopia and inexistent fantasy, this kind of themes for a series than Naruto that constantly bombs you with the message "try hard, follow your dreams, never give up" obviously will be seen as the wrong idea and illogical although you as a viewer try to see it as something good.
Jul 17, 2017 6:45 AM
Jul 2017
EllVic said:
Madara literally wants to make a MATRIX in Naruto world, don't matter from what perspective you look that, it's an horribly dystopia and inexistent fantasy, this kind of themes for a series than Naruto that constantly bombs you with the message "try hard, follow your dreams, never give up" obviously will be seen as the wrong idea and illogical although you as a viewer try to see it as something good.

that's funny i thought the themes of the series was the you can not escape you destiny and no maker how hard you try it is pointless to fight fate.

Naruto is the "chosen one"
neji is destined to die for Hinata

when you are a puppet of fate being stuck in a genjutsu is the same as being in the infinite Tsukiyomi accept in the infinite Tsukiyomi you will be happy
Aug 1, 2017 8:53 AM
Aug 2017
lmao if jiraya was still alive and then hes in the tsukiyomi doe, sweet dreams c;
Sep 13, 2018 3:18 AM

Jan 2016
nakuuu said:
lmao if jiraya was still alive and then hes in the tsukiyomi doe, sweet dreams c;

lol XD. Those dreams would be really sweet lmao XD XD
Sep 27, 2018 4:58 PM

May 2018
Such bad idea, certainly...
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Jan 24, 2019 2:52 PM
Jan 2019
We all watched the anime didn't we?
We all eat food for the sake of taste often, don't we?
we consume videogames, social media, movies, television, Vr, etc. Don't we?

We seek effortless pleasure, and by these medias we can become the hero, the main character and attain everything we desire in a fake reality.

While in reality we basically become emotionless zombies, having more emotional investment for naruto characters, like itachi :), rather than are own family :(.

Anyone who is against fake realities but uses social media, watches movies, and plays videogames is a hypocrite.

My Answer:

I would take the infinite Tsukuyomi if I exist in our reality because in this world I am already consumed by fake realities.

Jan 24, 2019 2:56 PM

May 2018
Yes because paradise will eventually get boring. Too much is not enough.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.