Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 28, 2014 7:08 AM

Apr 2012
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/05/season-5-in-storyboard-phase.html

Lets start our first news with this. The drafting and storyboard are in the work. What will it be :O
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 2, 2014 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
Can't wait to know more about season 5 ! I have so many expectations !!
Jun 17, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2012
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/06/wall-street-journal-pegs-season-5-for.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well this is something. Season 5 is coming sooner then I thought. So after the EG 2 movie and spin off serie, this is next. I expect this to come till october.
Jul 25, 2014 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

A clip of what I think will be the opener. Can't wait
Jul 25, 2014 10:39 PM

Oct 2007
Animewolfguy said:

Well, this is definitely interesting. Funny, too. I don't suppose we'll be getting anything resembling an explanation for the freaking crystal tree palace that would actually make a semblance of sense, but we all know better than to expect that at this point.

The episode itself looks rather promising. I do so look forward to the arguments as to why the unrestricted rule of immortal superpowered monarchs is largely preferable to the terrible curse of equilitarianism.
Jul 26, 2014 8:51 AM

Apr 2012
orp said:
Animewolfguy said:

Well, this is definitely interesting. Funny, too. I don't suppose we'll be getting anything resembling an explanation for the freaking crystal tree palace that would actually make a semblance of sense, but we all know better than to expect that at this point.

The episode itself looks rather promising. I do so look forward to the arguments as to why the unrestricted rule of immortal superpowered monarchs is largely preferable to the terrible curse of equilitarianism.

I'm pretty sure the tree thing will be address knowing how many people are bitching about it threw out the fandom but the fans are never happy anyway. I think this is another shot for that PPG episode that I heard was recieve negitive by fans.
Jul 27, 2014 5:30 AM

Oct 2007
Animewolfguy said:
the tree thing will be address knowing how many people are bitching about it

"Addressing" things is so pointless without actual, sensible explanations anyway. It only eats up screen time. They really should stop with this sort of "addressing"... or at least McCarthy should, her track record of explanations that make sense is disastrous.
Jul 27, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
orp said:
Animewolfguy said:
the tree thing will be address knowing how many people are bitching about it

"Addressing" things is so pointless without actual, sensible explanations anyway. It only eats up screen time. They really should stop with this sort of "addressing"... or at least McCarthy should, her track record of explanations that make sense is disastrous.

Well that is what happens when people start shooting death threats at her for explaining things then go and gets angry about it.
Jul 27, 2014 10:38 AM

Oct 2007
Finally we found the bastards truly responsible for bad writing in the show: disgruntled fans. Surely we cannot expect professional writers to do their job properly when there are people complaining - the horror! - on the Internet.
Jul 27, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2012
orp said:
Finally we found the bastards truly responsible for bad writing in the show: disgruntled fans. Surely we cannot expect professional writers to do their job properly when there are people complaining - the horror! - on the Internet.

The internet can be a sad place at times. Its sad that the bronies started on 4chan which already shows a bad sign >__>
Jul 29, 2014 8:28 PM
Jul 30, 2014 7:33 AM

Oct 2007
Way too early to assume that.
Jul 30, 2014 9:03 AM

Apr 2012
orp said:
Way too early to assume that.

Oh its very obvous as it does show Sweetie belle there.
Jul 30, 2014 9:26 AM

Oct 2007
It's just a picture, of one character. Applebloom got several marks in season one, before the CMCs were even formed - and than an entire episode worth of them in season two.
Sep 18, 2014 3:01 PM

Apr 2012
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/09/full-writing-staff-hinted-at-by-meghan.html

All the staff for season. Some returning and some new ones as well and it happens to be that Meghan knows threw out the years. You always have to find trust with in the industry somehow.
Sep 18, 2014 4:48 PM

Oct 2007
Interesting. Larson, Rogers, Morrow are back, which isn't news, but it's nice to have that effectively confirmed. Williams and Powell are apparently out for this season, and I for one ain't going to miss those two the slightest bit.

Whether the rest of them is actually good (some likely are) and if all the names are guessed correctly in the first place, remains to be seen. For now, it actually looks better than the fourth season. There's a lot of potential, unless the good ones end up being horribly underused and the majority of the new guys wreak havoc upon this long-suffering series etc. etc. We'll see in... what, half a year? mmkay.
Sep 18, 2014 7:48 PM

Apr 2012
orp said:
Interesting. Larson, Rogers, Morrow are back, which isn't news, but it's nice to have that effectively confirmed. Williams and Powell are apparently out for this season, and I for one ain't going to miss those two the slightest bit.

Whether the rest of them is actually good (some likely are) and if all the names are guessed correctly in the first place, remains to be seen. For now, it actually looks better than the fourth season. There's a lot of potential, unless the good ones end up being horribly underused and the majority of the new guys wreak havoc upon this long-suffering series etc. etc. We'll see in... what, half a year? mmkay.

I'm pretty sure they will use them at their best. Some of them just got out of shitty shows and want to work on something good for once like the good old days. Also I'm kinda sad Merri isn't comming back. I think like poslkey, she takes risk a lot more and puts the most effort depite its reaction it got.
Oct 8, 2014 9:01 AM

Apr 2012
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/10/unconfirmed-season-5-episode-1-details.html

The new caslte will be the driving story arc this time.
Oct 8, 2014 9:31 AM
Mar 2014
I'm really glad Twilight's castle will drive the story arc. If it didn't, what would be the point of it? Taking up screen time and be a mystery to us?
Nov 6, 2014 3:56 PM
Nov 8, 2014 2:14 PM

Oct 2007
Animewolfguy said:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/10/lena-hall-from-broadway-starring-in.html

We got another big guest star for MLP.

Well, I've no idea who she is, but bringing in people from the musicals seems like a good idea for this series in general.
Nov 13, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2012
orp said:
Animewolfguy said:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/10/lena-hall-from-broadway-starring-in.html

We got another big guest star for MLP.

Well, I've no idea who she is, but bringing in people from the musicals seems like a good idea for this series in general.

I heard she is huge in broadway I just don't know what she works in.
Dec 23, 2014 8:06 PM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Yay season 5 woohoo! XD Twilight Sparkle is now an official princess with a job at hand and what's more, her own personal treehouse castle! I want to know more about her new castle -w-

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Feb 16, 2015 10:36 AM

Apr 2012
http://equestriaconfidential.com/season-5-concept-art/

We are gonna meet a lot of new people in this season.
Feb 16, 2015 8:48 PM

Oct 2007

These look rather nice. A weather factory episode is long overdue, there's an interesting griffon design and the monsters look straight from Wander Over Yonder - not that I'm complaining.
Feb 17, 2015 7:37 AM
Mar 2014
I'm excited to see what other new things they will bring to season 5. All of the characters seem to be wearing a lanyards, which means they're all going to have a part in one episode?
Feb 19, 2015 8:47 AM

Apr 2012
orp said:

These look rather nice. A weather factory episode is long overdue, there's an interesting griffon design and the monsters look straight from Wander Over Yonder - not that I'm complaining.

I kinda think it fits as after all this is a cartoon and I like it as much.
Mar 5, 2015 9:36 AM
Mar 2014
Another at the Gala episode?
More new characters?
The part where Mr.Lenard wanted to reveal more information and got "cut off".
The Hype is too much to bare.
Mar 6, 2015 6:16 PM

Apr 2012
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/tv-guide-exclusive-season-premiere-peek.html

A new preview. I'm so getting ready to review this with a partner :D
Mar 9, 2015 2:56 PM

Apr 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Second teaser and I knew Sweetie bell is the first to get it. Which I can see since she seems like the quick thinker of the group.
Apr 17, 2015 8:52 AM

Apr 2012
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/04/season-5-episode-8-revealed-lost.html

Yep this season they are going all out on adventure.
Apr 22, 2015 9:28 AM

Oct 2007
As it happens, I got a bit tied up for a while, and then decided to wait so I could watch a few episodes in a row. Given the announced writers, I didn't really expect much from the last two episodes. But at least the pilot should be interesting, right?

The Cutie Map:

Castle Sweet Castle:

Bloom & Gloom:

All and all it could be worse I guess. And now, the next few episodes with their intriguing premises and great writers actually seem to be worth looking forward to. Morrow's Rainbow Dash, Levinger's Discord, more griffins? Why yes, all of the above please.
orpApr 22, 2015 9:34 AM
Apr 23, 2015 10:00 AM

Apr 2012
orp said:
As it happens, I got a bit tied up for a while, and then decided to wait so I could watch a few episodes in a row. Given the announced writers, I didn't really expect much from the last two episodes. But at least the pilot should be interesting, right?

The Cutie Map:

Castle Sweet Castle:

Bloom & Gloom:

All and all it could be worse I guess. And now, the next few episodes with their intriguing premises and great writers actually seem to be worth looking forward to. Morrow's Rainbow Dash, Levinger's Discord, more griffins? Why yes, all of the above please.

So the season is meh for you so far. I kinda expected you to say that honestly.
Apr 23, 2015 5:51 PM

Oct 2007
Animewolfguy said:

I'm still mostly undecided on the opening. I only watched it a couple of days ago, and in hindsight it's growing on me. None of the problems with it seem to be directly related to its core Wacky Adventure On The Edge Of Equestria story and how it unfolds. It retains this McCarthyan quality of being a great, fun show as long as you don't think about it, but to a significantly lesser degree.

The other two are pretty meh, yeah.
Apr 23, 2015 7:11 PM

Apr 2012
orp said:
Animewolfguy said:

I'm still mostly undecided on the opening. I only watched it a couple of days ago, and in hindsight it's growing on me. None of the problems with it seem to be directly related to its core Wacky Adventure On The Edge Of Equestria story and how it unfolds. It retains this McCarthyan quality of being a great, fun show as long as you don't think about it, but to a significantly lesser degree.

The other two are pretty meh, yeah.

Well so far for me, its starting to show some promise with its adventure set up which is something that should of been delve since the beginning when it introduce us.
Apr 28, 2015 10:19 AM

Apr 2012
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/04/amy-keating-rogers-becomes-full-time.html

Keeton leaving MLP for good. I give her the best of luck and hope she found some good shows to write for Disney. I'll never forgot the work she put and she even made a few of my favorite episodes. Man times are changes for MLP and I'm surprise how its still good.
Apr 29, 2015 12:54 PM

Oct 2007

Also apparently there'll be four episodes by her this season, according to her twitter.

Disney was putting out some very interesting series lately... if mostly on XD. If it means she's now more likely to work on some McCracken, Rudish or Renzetti projects, I'm perfectly happy with that.
Jun 15, 2015 6:34 PM
May 2015
Go to www.animetoon.eu for cartoons and English dubbed anime
Jul 10, 2015 3:21 PM

Oct 2007
Slice Of Life:
this couldn't end well...

Princess Spike:
thoroughly mediocre.

Party Pooped:
finally, a good one.

Amending Fences:
more of a disappointment.
Sep 2, 2015 3:10 PM

Apr 2012
orp said:
Slice Of Life:
this couldn't end well...

Princess Spike:
thoroughly mediocre.

Party Pooped:
finally, a good one.

Amending Fences:
more of a disappointment.

Wait party poop is good to you! I thought it was so bad that I didn't care for it. Princess spike can go fuck it self.
Sep 3, 2015 1:49 AM

Oct 2007
Animewolfguy:
Princess Spike is far from a good episode, and the fact that I can't call it the worst this season is sort of depressing in and of itself.

But what, pray tell, is so bad about Party Pooped?
Sep 3, 2015 9:41 AM

Apr 2012
orp said:
Animewolfguy:
Princess Spike is far from a good episode, and the fact that I can't call it the worst this season is sort of depressing in and of itself.

But what, pray tell, is so bad about Party Pooped?

I really didn't like the yaks that much and I hate that how they solve the conclution of the episode. That and the traviling moment that Pinkie had was so pointless. But however its not so bad but its so forgettable. Also for Princess spike, I can say its is part of the episodes I despise. Now its up to ten from the whole show but out of the 4 episodes I hate from this entire season, this I can call for my number one worst of the entire season which is going well so far. I rather perfer slice life then this episode and i didn't like that one ether.
Sep 4, 2015 6:06 AM

Oct 2007
Animewolfguy said:
I really didn't like the yaks that much and I hate that how they solve the conclution of the episode. That and the traviling moment that Pinkie had was so pointless. But however its not so bad but its so forgettable.

Curious. This is almost the polar opposite of my own experience with this episode, haha.

I rewatched PP a couple of times, and it's certainly far from forgettable in my opinion. I find the Pinkie quest highly entertaining, it ties very well with the story's conclusion, and the story itself makes perfect sense to me.

It's a Twilight/Pinkie episode, and a much better one than most of them (both MMMystery and FPK belong here, so no big surprise). The main issue is Twilight getting invested in a failed plan, and too preoccupied with her fear of disappointing Celestia to properly deal with the problem, at which point it takes Pinkie to break away from her friends (who have gotten perhaps a bit too accustomed to simply relying on Twi's judgement) and discover the solution on her own.

I'm extremely pleased with characterisations in this episode. Twilight being afraid of disappointing Celestia is done infinitely better than in Lesson Zero, and it works well at keeping the main narrative together. Meanwhile, this version of Pinkie is fantastic, she's being a perfectly good and reasonable character without losing much of her cartoonish Pinkieness, and in the years passed since this series' beginning I've never, ever seen this happening outside of Morrow's episodes. Based on characterisations of main characters alone, this must be one of the best episodes in the entire series.

I'd still agree it's not, though. A number of issues prevent it from becoming a truly great one. Most notably - and I think most people would agree with me here - yaks' autistic rage fits are way too overdone, and completely overshadow the core issue of trust. The basic premise of Princess of Friendship suddenly expected to handle foreign affairs of the state could use a fair amount of polish as well.

These, and a few smaller issues most likely come from the new writer, but I also feel he might be responsible for some of the good in this episode as well. I guess we'll have to wait for his next episode (there's at least one planned) to judge better.
orpSep 4, 2015 6:28 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite pony? ( 1 2 3 )

Kuyu - Apr 19, 2011

115 by Sailor_Cherry »»
Apr 11, 2017 1:31 PM

» My Little Pony: Equestria Girls - Friendship Games

ElOriginalTZ - Sep 27, 2015

1 by AzMitsuki »»
Jan 30, 2016 5:44 PM

» MLP: Season 5 - Episode 1&2 - "Cutie Map pt.1&2"

ElOriginalTZ - Apr 4, 2015

3 by MizoreFan1 »»
Apr 5, 2015 11:17 AM

» Equestria LA

konatafangrl - Jan 21, 2015

0 by konatafangrl »»
Jan 21, 2015 12:30 AM

Poll: » Test: Which Pony are you? ( 1 2 )

Zeando - Jan 11, 2012

55 by FairyTechnology »»
Jan 18, 2015 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.