Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 26, 2014 5:37 PM

Sep 2007
Spent a couple months on editing this action packed video. Check it out!

http://youtu.be/woqUxzgCoiY
Apr 26, 2014 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, I've only seen the first 30 seconds and I can tell this AMV is a blast. What software do you use? I wish I could put this many clips in less than a second!
Apr 26, 2014 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
Okay, now I can give my thoughts on it.

The synchronization in the video is amazing. You carefully edited each clip to follow each note individually, and that's a really awesome thing. Also, from the (very) few bits I could make out, the choice of the clips themselves is a plus too.

However, like the warning says, it goes way too fast. I don't think anyone can really follow it, it's too disorienting and nothing really sinks in. I know that's what you were going for, but I felt it was more of a distraction.

8/10
(PS: I didn't like the song, because I don't think it fits with KLK in general, but that's just my personal taste)
Apr 26, 2014 7:32 PM

Sep 2007
I appreciate the criticism. The software I use is Sony Vegas. I recommend using versions less than ver10 because it's more stable. I suffered through far too many crashes with Vegas 12 Pro and other technical difficulties which included a hard drive failure.

Other than that, thank you for the response! :)
Apr 26, 2014 8:26 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Flame-X said:
I appreciate the criticism. The software I use is Sony Vegas. I recommend using versions less than ver10 because it's more stable. I suffered through far too many crashes with Vegas 12 Pro and other technical difficulties which included a hard drive failure.

Other than that, thank you for the response! :)

I haven't had any problems with any version past 10 besides the fact that it does not support 10bit video encoding. (well.. i went from 7->9->10->12... never used 11) and errors with certain audio files as the quicktime plug in doesn't work all the time.
13 supports it now, but it is fairly new

I have mixed feels about this..
The use of no transitions irritate the hell out of me, but it works fairly well as it supports the simple art style that is Kill La Kill
I always advise the use of transitions as clips that are just placed over each other leads to choppy and rough videos, but since most clips are fairly small, it works fine. Clips that stood on screen for awhile should have had transitions imo, but it's not bad.

It was an interesting amv none-the-less and quite enjoyable honestly.
Apr 27, 2014 7:57 AM

Sep 2007
Transitions as in Vegas' stock transitions?
Apr 27, 2014 8:51 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Flame-X said:
Transitions as in Vegas' stock transitions?

Stock isn't bad
I prefer keyframing an effect and applying the effect only at the end of the first clip and the beginning of the second effect
Using video effects as transitions than stock transtions do tend to look better
But cross fades and gradient wipes aren't bad.
Consider doing mask transitions
These are my favorite types of transition
A mask transistion is where you mask a character/object out of the background, and they would fade into the current scene and then using a gradient transition with an empty clip to readd the background.
You could something similar with the cookie cutter video effect and expanding the size as well.

Simple pan fade transitions or pan fade blur transitions work as well and are very simple.
Pan the same direction at the end of the first clip and beginning of the second clip when the fade transition begins.
Make sure the pan is medium/fast speed!
Blur is optional!

Video effect transitions take more time, but look better.
Remember the golden rule to editing
More time spent will always result in a better final piece.
Apr 27, 2014 10:47 AM

Sep 2007
Ah, ok. Most of my action AMVs are mindless random action, although it's not completely random. I made sure a lot of the clips transition/flow well along to the next but I guess others may take it differently.

I used to put effects on my videos but I no longer do that because it looks amateurish and cringe worthy. Staying traditional with simple cuts and fades is more of my style.

Here's an example of one of my old ones where I used AE.
http://youtu.be/iXSxpXZV33c

Thanks!

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 5:56 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:42 PM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:29 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.