New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2008 11:09 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Poets Of The Fall - Revolution Roulette
Oh how I've been waiting for this one, and a week after it's release I finally got it! It's a great album, I'm not disappointed. However it's not better than Carnival Of Rust, but it's just as good as that album. 9/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 8, 2008 7:29 PM

Feb 2008
Pink Flag - Wire

The Mae Shi - Hllyh

both of them are very delicious =D
Apr 9, 2008 5:46 AM

Feb 2007
Buckethead - COLMA

Great album from Buckethead. Definitely one of his more calmer albums.
Apr 9, 2008 1:50 PM

Jan 2008
Just picked up:
Muse - Hullabaloo - Been wanting to get this for a while, and finally saw it for a fiver so I thought I'd pick it up. Good stuff on here!
Devil Sold His Soul - Darkness Prevails - rereleased EP, now with DVD of live songs and videos + some demo tracks. Pretty awesome stuff really
Apr 9, 2008 11:14 PM

Aug 2007
Got 9 of "A Tribe Called Quest"'s albums, The Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders, The Love Movement etc... all of them are solid hip hop albums.

And eazy sent me

GZA - Liquid Swords

I've been wanting this classic for a while now, but all the torrents where usually down. I know it'll be good because it's the Jizza.
Apr 10, 2008 7:57 AM

Jan 2008
Karura said:
GZA - Liquid Swords

I've been wanting this classic for a while now, but all the torrents where usually down. I know it'll be good because it's the Jizza.

I have yet to hear this album too, think I'll check it out soon as well.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 10, 2008 10:40 PM

Apr 2007
Say Hi to Your Mom - The Wishes and the Glitch
Love this band. I liked Impeccable Blahs better, though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2008 3:19 AM

Aug 2007
Bamboo Blade OST 1
Bamboo Blade OST 2
Dragonaut OST
Rosario to Vampire Character Songs 4-6
Shigofumi OST
Gundam 00 OST 2

Soundtracks galore.
Apr 13, 2008 4:30 AM

Mar 2007
Aria the Animation OP and ED singles
Aria the Animation OST
Aria the Natural OP and ED singles
Aria the Natural OST
Aria the Natural Vocal Song collection
Aria the Origination OP and ED singles
Aria the Origination OST
Aria the OVA Arietta OP and ED singles
Aria Piano Collection Stagione

No idea why I haven't gotten all of this earlier. Awsome stuff, obviously.
Apr 13, 2008 7:51 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Daughtry - Daughtry
Good rock/alternative band and album. They have a lot of potential.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 13, 2008 6:10 PM
Apr 2008
Panic At The Disco- Pretty. Odd.
its pretty awsome. its totally different from the last album. it always makes me feel happy!
^-^
Apr 14, 2008 4:04 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
In Flames - Come Clarity
After the awesome A Sense Of Purpose I wanted to get some of their older stuff too. It's a very nice album, but I gotta listen to it a few more times to pick out the real good tracks.

T.M.Revolution - DISCORdanza Try My Remix - Single Collections
T.M.Revolution - progress
T.M.Revolution - B☆E☆S☆T
T.M.Revolution - INVOKE
T.M.Revolution - coordinate
T.M.Revolution - Albireo~アルビレオ~
T.M.Revolution - ignited
T.M.Revolution - SEVENTH HEAVEN
T.M.Revolution - vertical infinity
T.M.Revolution - vestige-ヴェスティージ-
T.M.Revolution - UNDER:COVER

Heh, after hearing the very awesome Soul Eater OP, I decided to check this guy out. I was so sure the OP was done by abingdon boys school but then I found out that it's actually Nishikawa Takanori's solo project. His singing is great, but sometimes I just miss the sound he has when singing to the music of his abingdon boys school buddies. But yeah, very good.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 16, 2008 2:40 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
36 Crazyfists - The Tide And Its Takers
Fucking brilliant. I was anxiously awaiting this album and it doesn't disappoint, there's no one track I don't like. I have yet to decide on my favorite(s) though.

The Kooks - Inside In / Inside Out

Really good stuff, refreshingly different. Their second album is said to be crap though, I might check it out to see/hear for myself but not anytime soon.

P.O.D. - When Angels & Serpents Dance
Only listened to it once so far, but I liked what I heard. They didn't change too much, if you like P.O.D. you should check this album out too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 16, 2008 4:01 AM

Feb 2007
Overseer - Wreakage

Bloody hell, it's about time I got this album (first started listening to Overseer 3 years ago), and I'm still missing the last song, Heligoland. But anyway, I finally have Overseer's first (and only at the moment) album, which shows his great variety in the Electronic/Big Beat genre. Time to find his seperate singles and remixes now.

Cut Copy - Bright Like Neon Love

I heard this Aussie group performing on Rove Live recently, so I decided to obtain their debut album on a whim. The start of the album was a little weak, but the rest of the album is awesome to listen to. Cut Copy are an Electropop group, in the style of Daft Punk and they draw inspiration from the 80's New Wave genre.
Apr 17, 2008 12:33 AM

Apr 2007
Fat Jon - Hundred Eight Stars
Say Hi to Your Mom - Discosadness
Say Hi to your Mom - Ferocious Mopes
Té - If That Is What Is Being Thought, Liberated Sound Talks the Depth of [Musical] World.
Nomak - Recalm
Susumu Yokota - Grinning Cat
Jazz Liberatorz - Clin d'oeil
Shin-Ski - Re-shinstruction
Various Artists (hip-hop / jazz) - In Ya Mellow Tone
Various Artists (hip-hop / jazz) - Beautiful Field

TOO. MUCH. AWESOME.

Oh, and my CD copy of Ghosts I-IV came today.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2008 7:30 PM

Feb 2008
Static-X : Cannibal
I've been a fan of them for some time now, and I'm in love with this new CD.. It has a harder feel to it than some of their songs in the past though..

Raine Maida : The Hunters Lullaby
Lead singer of OLP, a very different sound than most other things I listen to.. If you're a fan of OLP you may enjoy his solo work..

I try to buy about 2-5 CD's a month.. but april hasn't been a great month so far.
Apr 20, 2008 4:17 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
DreamScaR said:
Static-X : Cannibal
I've been a fan of them for some time now, and I'm in love with this new CD.. It has a harder feel to it than some of their songs in the past though..

Yes it does indeed, but there are awesome tracks on it like Team Hate, Goat, Cuts You Up, Chemical Logic, Behemoth, Chroma-Matic and No Submission. Overall a great album. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 20, 2008 2:35 PM

Aug 2007
Bizzy Bone : A Song For You

Definitely better then his last album, Ruthless. It has a more softer feel (yet it manages to maintain his style) then his past albums and features a talented vocalist named Chris Notez in a lot of the songs. It's good, but I think The Gift is still his best album.
Apr 20, 2008 8:37 PM

Feb 2008

By far, Reptile is my favourite song on the entire album. I can't wait for may to hear the new Disturbed album.

Apr 20, 2008 9:10 PM
Nov 2007
I cannot for the love of god find any Suga Shikao cd's anywhere. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough...H&C insert songs are amazing.
Apr 21, 2008 1:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
DreamScaR said:
By far, Reptile is my favourite song on the entire album. I can't wait for may to hear the new Disturbed album.

Yeah, Reptile is great too. And I feel the same about the Disturbed album, Inside The Fire which was already released as single kicks ass so I'm sure the other tracks won't disappoint either.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 21, 2008 5:27 AM

Feb 2007
Andy Hunter - Colour

Finally got Andy Hunter's new album. Definitely quite different than his previous work. More guest singers, with a less techno/DJ feel than Exodus.
Apr 21, 2008 9:44 AM
Sep 2007
cyruz said:
In Flames - Come Clarity
After the awesome A Sense Of Purpose I wanted to get some of their older stuff too. It's a very nice album, but I gotta listen to it a few more times to pick out the real good tracks.

Gotta recommend you "Reroute to Remain". After I bought "A Sense of Purpose" a few weeks ago I just had to get another In Flames album and was surprised how awesome it turned out considering it's age (so far it's my favorite one from CC,ASOP and RTR).
ryu2k2Apr 21, 2008 9:51 AM
Apr 21, 2008 9:59 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
roysen said:
cyruz said:
In Flames - Come Clarity

Gotta recommend you "Reroute to Remain". After I bought "A Sense of Purpose" a few weeks ago I just had to get another In Flames album and was surprised how awesome it turned out considering it's age (so far it's my favorite one from CC,ASOP and RTR).

A friend of mine thought like you did and recommended it to me. It rocks, I like it a lot. Maybe even a bit more than Come Clarity.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 21, 2008 8:34 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
DreamScaR said:

Yeah, Reptile is great too. And I feel the same about the Disturbed album, Inside The Fire which was already released as single kicks ass so I'm sure the other tracks won't disappoint either.

On the note of disturbed, it's interesting to know that my one job (crap-mart) has the wrong release date for the Disturbed album.. unless it was pushed back.. hard to say.. I'm not too fond of Inside The Fire (because I love their harder shit) but I'm buying the special edition so.
Apr 22, 2008 2:54 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
DreamScaR said:
On the note of disturbed, it's interesting to know that my one job (crap-mart) has the wrong release date for the Disturbed album.. unless it was pushed back.. hard to say.. I'm not too fond of Inside The Fire (because I love their harder shit) but I'm buying the special edition so.

I think it was pushed back, I got June 3rd on my list.

[edit]: Can you resist? I can't:

Hirano Aya - UNNAMED WORLD
Again, it's pretty rockish and I like that. Both tracks on the CD are good, not perfect but really nice imho.
cyruzApr 22, 2008 3:46 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 22, 2008 5:23 AM

Jun 2007
oh damn I totally forgot to write in here when I got myself a CD last weekend. o:

Kamelot - Ghost Opera the second coming
It's a damn good album even through it does not have such awesome side track highlights like some of the other albums (e.g. "When the lights are down" from the Black Halo) and can not compete against them
but with Highs like "The Human Stain", "Ghost Opera" or "Love You To Death" it is absolutely something I will listen to more then a hundred times before it get's covered in dust.
Also great is "Live From Belgrade" the second CD of the album with some great live tracks.
Apr 23, 2008 2:43 PM

Dec 2007
I just "obtained" the new Mindless Self Indulgence album IF.

It DELIVERS. Just need to wait for the actual release date now so I can buy it :D
Apr 23, 2008 3:14 PM

Aug 2007
RADWIMPS 4 ~おかずのごはん~

It's good, but I like their third album better.
Apr 23, 2008 8:48 PM

Sep 2007
Konfig said:
I just "obtained" the new Mindless Self Indulgence album IF.

It DELIVERS. Just need to wait for the actual release date now so I can buy it :D

:O has it been leaked? ive been curious to hear it
*goes to dl*

edit: just heard it, and hated it. it was just kind of bland i guess. msi is really inconsistent for me, i love some of their releases, but i cant stand listening to others.. ah well, i still have tight :d
blockheadApr 23, 2008 11:30 PM
Apr 24, 2008 3:15 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Mindless Self Indulgence - If
Very nice MSI album, it's the first constant one I think. All songs are pretty good, gotta listen to it a few times now.

Gunslinger Girl - Il Teatrino Vocal Album
Very nice songs, I'm a fan.

Gunslinger Girl - Il Teatrino OST
Good soundtrack, very relaxing music with the typical GSG kinda flair.

kimikiss ~pure rouge~ Character Song Album
Liked the anime and songs are pretty good too, I'll keep this for the sake of collecting. :D

KOKIA - The VOICE
Very great, I love her voice. The album is very calm but each song is superb. I have to check some of hear previous stuff out.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 26, 2008 7:16 PM
Celeste

Apr 2008
I just bought the three FLCL OSTs.
I also downloaded wake up! wake up! wake up! by the pillows.
Go read the Push Pin Woman by Kawai Katsuo.
Apr 26, 2008 7:49 PM

Oct 2007
Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
One of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard in my life and Leona has the most amazing voices i've ever heard. No wonder Simon signed her right away, even if she hadn't won american idol (in the UK I believe).
Apr 27, 2008 9:58 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yousei Teikoku - Stigma
Yay! Finally found their very first album. I thought it wouldn't be too great because it's their first album.. but it's great! :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 28, 2008 6:50 PM

Aug 2007
opeth - Watershed
yay for albums leaking well over a month before the release date. Its been a while since I actually spent money on an album. It may have been Eternity by Anathema.
blah
Apr 29, 2008 2:02 PM

Apr 2007
Uhmmm lets see my last cd purchases were

The Kooks- Inside out

Amy winehouse- frank

Gorillaz- Demon days

Sia- some people have real problems

and The YeahYeahYeahs- goldlion
Apr 29, 2008 6:52 PM

Apr 2007
Jesu - Silver [EP]
Wow, fucking incredible. I can't believe I overlooked this band.
Apr 29, 2008 10:22 PM

Feb 2007
Thrice - The Alchemy Index Volume 3 & 4 (Air and Earth)

Got the second half of the The Alchemy Index a few days ago, but I haven't bothered to mention it. I've only listened to the Earth EP once since I bought it. I'm hooked on the majority of the Air EP right now. More insight into this album on my Monthly Music Blog later this week.
Apr 30, 2008 12:54 PM

Aug 2007
Neverender said:
Jesu - Silver [EP]
Wow, fucking incredible. I can't believe I overlooked this band.

Jesu are an awesome band, its like shoegazing but metal.
blah
May 1, 2008 7:04 AM

Feb 2007
SGX - Hero of the Grey Area

Despite its release last year, I only bought the album today. If there's one person out there that is even better than Andy Hunter at the moment in the electronic genre, it's this guy. His music has changed and grown over the years, and this is his best work yet. 10/10

Best songs: All 11 of them.

Radiohead - Pablo Honey

Finally started obtaining some Radiohead. Started with their debut album from 1993. Just like the critics say: "Creep", "Anyone Can Play Guitar", and a lot of filler. But I do love "How Do You?", "You" and "Blow Out" as well. The other 7 songs are pretty average though. Obtaining their next album 'The Bends' soon.
May 1, 2008 10:18 AM

Apr 2007
Those critics are faggots. Pablo Honey is the shit. (cue Karura)
May 1, 2008 11:49 AM

Feb 2008
Mika Miko - C.Y.S.L.A.B.F.

Chick rock for tah masses! it inspires me
May 1, 2008 3:28 PM

Aug 2007
Neverender said:
Those critics are faggots. Pablo Honey is the shit. (cue Karura)

Pablo Honey is their best albums hands down.
May 2, 2008 3:10 AM

Feb 2007
Pablo Honey is the shit. Half the time. Let me listen to it more.
May 2, 2008 3:37 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
RADWIMPS - RADWIMPS 2 ~発展途上~
Eazy recommended that to me, it's J-rock but different, not too heavy. I kinda like it.

RADWIMPS - RADWIMPS 4 ~おかずのごはん~
So I went and checked some of their newer stuff out. Better than #2, interesting music.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 2, 2008 5:11 AM

Mar 2007
cyruz said:
RADWIMPS - RADWIMPS 2 ~発展途上~
Eazy recommended that to me, it's J-rock but different, not too heavy. I kinda like it.

Same here. I like their sound.
May 2, 2008 12:35 PM

Apr 2007
BlueYoshi said:

Well, obviously you're turning your brain off half the time. TRY LEAVING IT ON THE WHOLE TIME

Stop listening to 2, guys. 1, 3, and 4 are way better.
May 2, 2008 3:32 PM

Aug 2007
Neverender said:
BlueYoshi said:

Well, obviously you're turning your brain off half the time. TRY LEAVING IT ON THE WHOLE TIME

Stop listening to 2, guys. 1, 3, and 4 are way better.

RADWIMPS 3 is the fucking best shit.
May 2, 2008 4:09 PM

Apr 2007
The Roots - Rising Down
I'm loving this album, especially I Will Not Apologize.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 2, 2008 4:29 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
tainteddonut said:
The Roots - Rising Down
I'm loving this album, especially I Will Not Apologize.

Yep! Like I said in the hop hop club, the album is great and I Will Not Apologize is one of my fave tracks on it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What song is stuck in your head right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shygirlnerd - Apr 20, 2010

230 by removed-user »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:48 PM

Poll: » Your Favorite Music Genre ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mathes - Mar 19, 2008

308 by removed-user »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:46 PM

» favorite openings of 2023

TyDrian - May 17, 2023

8 by TyDrian »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:45 AM

» favorite endings of 2023

TyDrian - May 17, 2023

4 by TyDrian »»
Jul 7, 2023 1:15 AM

» Favorite Guitarist/Drummers/Bassist/Vox

SymbolliC - Sep 24, 2008

36 by victimiZe1337 »»
Sep 30, 2022 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.