Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love Hina Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 22, 2009 4:52 AM

Apr 2008
Okay, I've finished the whole series but this question still bugs me. Is Keitaro being an asshole as a child, giving promises to different girls? That's how I understood it.

If there's a certain someone, I'd bet on Naru but I don't have enough proof or understanding that this is true.

Aug 22, 2009 5:14 AM
Mar 2009
This is because you are watching Love Hina Again and taking it as canon.

It is not, Love Hina Again is filler that was made simply because the studio that made Love Hina ran out of budget for it. This is why there is episode 25, Matoko's choice, it was supposed to be the first episode of another 24 episode season. After they ran out of budget, they put the series on hold. They'd caught up to the manga. The success of the manga in Japan made them think again however. They did the Christmas and Summer specials, which were also fillers, and then did Love Hina Again, a filler ending to the series that was intentionally left open. In other words, after the first season (which had it's share of anime-only minor characters in it too mind you), it's mostly filler.

Read the manga, I'm planning to one day, just to find out how the story actually ends.

Aug 22, 2009 5:21 AM

Apr 2008
So they hung up on us ><

I don't have the time yet to be reading manga but I guess I'll plan to by the time I'll be reading one.

Jan 31, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2011
chinlamp said:

It is not, Love Hina Again is filler that was made simply because the studio that made Love Hina ran out of budget for it. This is why there is episode 25, Matoko's choice, it was supposed to be the first episode of another 24 episode season. After they ran out of budget, they put the series on hold. They'd caught up to the manga. The success of the manga in Japan made them think again however. They did the Christmas and Summer specials, which were also fillers, and then did Love Hina Again, a filler ending to the series that was intentionally left open. In other words, after the first season (which had it's share of anime-only minor characters in it too mind you), it's mostly filler.

Read the manga, I'm planning to one day, just to find out how the story actually ends.

No, they're all canon. You'd know if had read the manga.
Apr 9, 2023 6:32 PM
May 2009
AndyPRO said:
chinlamp said:

It is not, Love Hina Again is filler that was made simply because the studio that made Love Hina ran out of budget for it.  This is why there is episode 25, Matoko's choice, it was supposed to be the first episode of another 24 episode season.  After they ran out of budget, they put the series on hold.  They'd caught up to the manga.  The success of the manga in Japan made them think again however.  They did the Christmas and Summer specials, which were also fillers, and then did Love Hina Again, a filler ending to the series that was intentionally left open.  In other words, after the first season (which had it's share of anime-only minor characters in it too mind you), it's mostly filler.

No, they're all canon. You'd know if had read the manga.
This is true. The first season actually had the most filler and creative liberties compared to the 25th episode and the Spring Special. I plan to rewatch the Christmas Special and Love Hina Again (it's been two decades), so I don't remember how much of it is creative filler. Still, the first season was a mishmash of manga material rearranged into a different but similar story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Hina Again Episode 1 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 9, 2008

14 by Frezlaj »»
Oct 21, 2023 11:09 PM

Poll: » Love Hina Again Episode 2 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 9, 2008

10 by ZaneRobie »»
Dec 26, 2022 10:21 AM

Poll: » Love Hina Again Episode 3 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 9, 2008

28 by Eustion »»
Nov 16, 2019 9:49 AM

» Be for you, be for me (Naru only)

Vizard - Feb 29, 2008

3 by CarbonMD »»
Mar 9, 2019 8:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.