Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2014 11:41 AM

Aug 2008
Spoilers ahead. Bear with me. I'm usually not one for theories like this, but I've found that in the Lupin franchise you need to read between the lines sometimes and almost nothing is canon, so something like this happening could be done light heartedly with the knowledge that it would never affect anything in the series again.

Towards the end, Lupin is shown in a flashback meeting Queen Sakura who is clearly in love/lust with him as she is draped all over him and asks him to take her with him. It's older, with Lupin in his green jacket. Mira, Sakura's daughter, never has a father in the picture or even mentioned in the special. However, Mira and Ran (who, in case you don't know anything about Conan, is a young Japanese girl), are doubles of each other. If we supposed that Lupin was Mira's father, fathering her when he was overseas with Sakura, this might be a tongue in cheek comment that Westerners think all people of certain ethnicities (such as Asian) look alike, as Mira has Japanese blood. None of this ever comes up in the special and although we see a flashback of Lupin with Sakura, he is kind enough not to elaborate on his relationship with her mother to Mira.

What do you think? With all the women Lupin's been with, it's certainly possible he has a few kids running around. I know this was played on a few times (in which the woman terrifies him and the gang by implying he's a father, but clearing it up moments later).
Jul 5, 2014 6:53 AM
Aug 2010
The movie further suggests that this is the case, with [spoiler]Lupin sending "King" away (I didn't exactly get what that character's role was) for the sake of not a woman but a "kid" -- it could be referring to either Mira or Conan, but the ensuing conversation about "screwing up" implies it could be Mira. Also, towards the end Conan mentions how Lupin got involved on Mira's request (the current available subs say "Sakura" but the actual line is "Sakura's daughter")

Jul 5, 2014 9:46 AM

Aug 2008
lpf said:
The movie further suggests that this is the case, with [spoiler]Lupin sending "King" away (I didn't exactly get what that character's role was) for the sake of not a woman but a "kid" -- it could be referring to either Mira or Conan, but the ensuing conversation about "screwing up" implies it could be Mira. Also, towards the end Conan mentions how Lupin got involved on Mira's request (the current available subs say "Sakura" but the actual line is "Sakura's daughter")
I just watched (I think it was) Stolen Lupin. That one implies heavily that

It's implied, to me, in that Zenigata states her methods are just like Lupin's from 10 years ago (or 20 years ago? Can't remember). Also, Jigen states that she bares a striking resemblance to "someone he knows" *pointed look at Lupin.* Of course, this is all brushed off by the end of the anime to stick it to the fans, but it's very interesting. I think the last piece is that Lupin doesn't hit on her at all, which is unnatural for his character.

I've been watching a lot of these lately. Maybe I was wrong about the movie? Maybe it was an older, different one. I'm not 100% sure.
Jul 5, 2014 1:46 PM
Aug 2010
Oh, I should have specified I'm talking about this movie: http://myanimelist.net/anime/18429/Lupin_III_vs._Detective_Conan:_The_Movie

I didn't entirely understand your paragraph since I haven't watched the film you are talking about.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III vs Detective Conan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 27, 2009

57 by adrai99 »»
Jul 3, 2023 8:42 PM

» Subtitles

Drew013 - Jun 29, 2009

1 by Mayuka »»
Aug 28, 2013 4:14 PM

» worlds greatest [ detective VS thief ]

Schabrak - Mar 9, 2009

3 by dbaranyi »»
Mar 27, 2009 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.