Maybe because it is ?

That's a nice and logical explanation.

Please, tell us more.

I would if I could but I've taken the MinusIQ pill
RainsMar 26, 2013 3:46 AM
Insert wise quote here
Mar 25, 2013 11:39 AM

May 2012
People who have severe issues that can't be dealt with find suicide the easy way out to put things to an end (their life)

Suicide isn't a good thing because not only would the individual be depressed, but views their life sinking into a shithole, stooping so low that their only option that they believe is a good alternative to turn to is to suicide :/
Mar 25, 2013 11:53 AM

Aug 2009
The way I see it, why kill yourself when you can kill the fuckers that annoy you? At least, that's what I think when I'm feeling depressed to that point.

Mar 25, 2013 12:00 PM

Aug 2012
FacelessVixen said:
The way I see it, why kill yourself when you can kill the fuckers that annoy you? At least, that's what I think when I'm feeling depressed to that point.

Meh. If you commit murder, that's just another reason to commit suicide. Better than going to the slammer for the rest of your life.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Mar 25, 2013 12:24 PM

Apr 2011
Here again, I find myself at yet another controversial topic, trying to type out an answer. Well, suicide, imo, is bad. Do it if you want, I don't care. But before doing so, think about what will happen to those who care about you. Doesn't have to be your family. It can be your lover, your friend, etc. Just give a little thought to what will happen to them when they find out what you've done. In the end, it's your life, your choice. Do as you will, just remember. Is it worth it?
Mar 25, 2013 12:30 PM

Aug 2012
yhunata said:
Is it worth it?

Kinda hard to answer that question, cause it's not really that difficult to kill yourself, and you wont suffer any of the consequences or fallout.

In the mind of a person who's going to commit suicide, I think the question of "is it worth it?" is directed at life, not death.

mattbenz99 said:
Mar 25, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2011
Goryo said:
yhunata said:
Is it worth it?

Kinda hard to answer that question, cause it's not really that difficult to kill yourself, and you wont suffer any of the consequences or fallout.

In the mind of a person who's going to commit suicide, I think the question of "is it worth it?" is directed at life, not death.

If you're gonna commit suicide, you're gonna have to have a reason. They can be your family, your lover or your friends, but surely, it's not gonna be all of them. Thus, my asking, is it worth leaving the one who did not hurt you and just making the day for the one who did?
Mar 25, 2013 12:34 PM

Aug 2009
Goryo said:
FacelessVixen said:

Meh. If you commit murder, that's just another reason to commit suicide. Better than going to the slammer for the rest of your life.

The funny thing about talking about this is that it isn't all black and white. Everyone has their preference, and everyone reacts differently to the situations they're given. The way I see it, you've got destructive people and you've got self-destructive people. I'm more on the destructive side since I see self destruction as cowardly and weak. Instead of wallowing in self pity, I rather keep my pride. Instead of hurting myself, I rather hurt the person (or people) that hurt me. And instead of being known in death as a coward, I rather be known in death as a sadist. I can imagine why people would commit suicide, but I honestly look down on them.

"Survival of the fittest" I suppose.

Mar 25, 2013 12:47 PM

Aug 2012
I actually know a guy who likes/desires absolute nothingness. He says he's never going to suicide though out of fear of the unknown results of death.
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Mar 25, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2012
Centillion said:
If someone gives you a present, will you relinquish it?

Depends on how shitty the present is.

Just because you think life is precious doesn't mean someone else can't think it sucks. And what's with this "god present" mumbo jumbo you're preaching? People who commit suicide usually won't be swayed by spiritual crap like that (at least I don't think they would)

If you bring religion into the mix, then someone who's actually devout wouldn't have suicidal tendencies to begin with because they're afraid they'll burn in hell for eternity, or they'll be obstinate, and refuse to hear why they shouldn't kill themselves because 72 virgins.

Although people who commit suicide tend to be spiritually conflicted, so that god bullshit might actually work on them, but it wouldn't work on me. Why should I turn to god? If he actually exists, then isn't he to be blamed for everything I've suffered through?

I hate getting clothes for presents btw (if anyone cares)

Ghostony said:
I actually know a guy who likes/desires absolute nothingness. He says he's never going to suicide though out of fear of the unknown results of death.
The prospect of nothingness is better than something like hell (imo). You won't even be conscious or aware in "nothingness" so it's not like you'll be bored or driven insane by loneliness or something.

mattbenz99 said:
Mar 25, 2013 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
Centillion said:
If someone gives you a present, will you relinquish it? it's kinda dull, right?
a soul is a God present, and a precious one. and in that case it's not only dull but also stupid.
So if I gift you a very precious nuclear device, or a Vietnamese child, you would be forced to treasure it lest you be dull and also stupid?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2013 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
If you're gonna commit suicide, you're gonna have to have a reason. They can be your family, your lover or your friends, but surely, it's not gonna be all of them. Thus, my asking, is it worth leaving the one who did not hurt you and just making the day for the one who did?
Perhaps some things are more important than vengeance? That kind of false pride will get you nowhere in life. One should do what's best for himself instead of rubbing in the faces of his supposed enemies.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 26, 2013 2:29 AM

Jul 2008
This is really a hard topic.

I'd be biased to say that suicide is bad because there are cases where suicide is the only option. I'd give examples but I'm sure you get the idea.

However, people who can live a good life, yet they think their life sucks and want to commit suicide should just die and list as a donor.

If you think about it, living life is pointless, yet it makes you think that its not. No one knows whats next after death. Religion says you go to places, science says you just stop existing. However, there are people out there trying to live but due to unfortunate circumstances they couldn't. So if you think about it, you win your life just like how you'd win a lottery. It's a one of a kind experience that will only happen once.

Just imagine being a single carbon in outer space, drifting to random planets and then suddenly you become a human - awesome isn't it?

tl;dr life is a one time experience, just live the way you want it to be - just don't be an asshole or a criminal.
TomimiMar 26, 2013 2:32 AM
Mar 26, 2013 2:51 AM

Apr 2011
katsucats said:
yhunata said:
Perhaps some things are more important than vengeance? That kind of false pride will get you nowhere in life. One should do what's best for himself instead of rubbing in the faces of his supposed enemies.

That's what I'm asking. Why should you make your enemy happy? Why not just get out of their life, while still keeping yours? Is that not an option? Again, I don't mind if people commit suicide, but is it really worth it? You get one life and you're gonna end it because someone hurt you? But yes, there are times where I consider suicide the right thing, though they are mostly military related.
Mar 26, 2013 3:04 AM

Oct 2010
ya cant pay taxes if ya commit suicide

thats the gov view of it
dont ask questions, just do answers
Mar 26, 2013 3:06 AM

Apr 2011
Lord_Joshua said:

thats the gov view of it

You just reminded me of that one law in one of the states of the US. "The sentence for committing suicide is death".
Mar 26, 2013 3:09 AM

Oct 2010
yhunata said:
Lord_Joshua said:

thats the gov view of it

You just reminded me of that one law in one of the states of the US. "The sentence for committing suicide is death".

as it should be
dont ask questions, just do answers
Mar 26, 2013 3:15 AM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
katsucats said:
yhunata said:
That's what I'm asking. Why should you make your enemy happy? Why not just get out of their life, while still keeping yours? Is that not an option? Again, I don't mind if people commit suicide, but is it really worth it? You get one life and you're gonna end it because someone hurt you? But yes, there are times where I consider suicide the right thing, though they are mostly military related.
Why does it matter how your "enemies" feel?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 26, 2013 3:36 AM

Apr 2011
katsucats said:
yhunata said:
katsucats said:
yhunata said:
Why does it matter how your "enemies" feel?

That's the point, ain't it? Why does your "enemy" matter to you? The things they do to hurt you is not a legitimate reason to commit suicide. You're simply succumbing and admitting you're a pathetic wimp and proving them to be the ones in the right by killing yourself.
Mar 26, 2013 3:55 AM

Dec 2012
yhunata said:
That's the point, ain't it? Why does your "enemy" matter to you? The things they do to hurt you is not a legitimate reason to commit suicide. You're simply succumbing and admitting you're a pathetic wimp and proving them to be the ones in the right by killing yourself.

Not everyone commits suicide or thinks about committing suicide because they've been bullied/have enemies.
Could be because they're lonely..the reasons people kill themelves for are endless.
Insert wise quote here
Mar 26, 2013 4:07 AM

Apr 2011
OneHellOfAuser said:
yhunata said:

Not everyone commits suicide or thinks about committing suicide because they've been bullied/have enemies.
Could be because they're lonely..the reasons people kill themelves for are endless.

I know that, that's why I've been swaying away from that reason, instead focusing more on those who commit suicide due to bullying and similar stuff. However, being lonely isn't a legit reason to commit suicide either. If you're alone, you go out and find friends, not kill yourself.
Mar 26, 2013 4:18 AM

Dec 2012
johnkx said:

I'd be biased to say that suicide is bad because there are cases where suicide is the only option. I'd give examples but I'm sure you get the idea.

Please do give examples cause I have no idea what you're talking about.

johnkx said:
However, people who can live a good life, yet they think their life sucks and want to commit suicide should just die and list as a donor.

So pretty much everyone going through depression should just die in your opinion ?

johnkx said:
If you think about it, living life is pointless, yet it makes you think that its not. No one knows whats next after death. Religion says you go to places, science says you just stop existing. However, there are people out there trying to live but due to unfortunate circumstances they couldn't. So if you think about it, you win your life just like how you'd win a lottery. It's a one of a kind experience that will only happen once.

Just imagine being a single carbon in outer space, drifting to random planets and then suddenly you become a human - awesome isn't it?

tl;dr life is a one time experience, just live the way you want it to be - just don't be an asshole or a criminal.

YOLO much ?
Insert wise quote here
Mar 26, 2013 4:23 AM

Sep 2011
katsucats said:
There's no objective goal to life, no objective valuation for our experiences. If someone makes his peace with death, then that's more than what could be said for most of us. In fact, aren't each of us constantly --even if it's subconsciously-- wrestling with our purpose? Someone finds it and we call him a coward. Yet we all die someday. Having a short one does not mean having a bad one.

Instead of an argument, I'd like to propose an idea for your question:

Answer to Question: For one's body to function/live, one requires resources and continual sustenance and environmental forces. So why is suicide considered bad? Because you wasted any form of consumed resources and/or benefits you have attained (or "potentially" can by simply having existed in the first place) in the amount of time you've lived, all of which could've been better saved for someone else (in the eyes of other humans who desire in continually living until they are unable to do so). Of course, this only applies if people were even aware of your existence. No one really cares about you until you create connections that can cause others to condemn you or feel bad for you for taking your own life (be it close relations or simply awareness of your existence and/or your act of suicide).

Solution: If you're gonna commit suicide, find a way that won't bother anyone around you or close to you because you're just gonna bring crap on them as well as others who could become aware of it (that's if you even care in the first place). Even better, just don't make yourself known at all because you're always gonna draw attention if people find out that you committed suicide (again, if you could even have the mentality to care).
ronriMar 26, 2013 4:47 AM
Mar 26, 2013 4:48 AM

Oct 2012
ronri said:
Answer to Question: For one's body to function/live, one requires resources and continual sustenance and environmental forces. So why is suicide considered bad? Because you wasted any form of consumed resources and/or benefits you have attained (or "potentially" can by simply having existed in the first place) in the amount of time you've lived, all of which could've been better saved for someone else (in the eyes of other humans who desire in continually living until they are unable to do so).
You could say this for anyone who has ever lived, since why bother living if you're going to die anyways? All the resources you've consumed are "wasted" regardless.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 26, 2013 4:52 AM
Jan 2012
katsucats said:
There's no objective goal to life, no objective valuation for our experiences. If someone makes his peace with death, then that's more than what could be said for most of us. In fact, aren't each of us constantly --even if it's subconsciously-- wrestling with our purpose? Someone finds it and we call him a coward. Yet we all die someday. Having a short one does not mean having a bad one.

There are two things you do not realize about mankind katsucats. Pessimism has long since clouded your wisdom.
For the first, survival is the goal of mankind. And absolute power in existence is our never-ending end.
Before the Great-White can become so great, he must first eat thy siblings in the mother's womb. The white has survived itself. In this regard he is an elite; a survivor. The White who has rose to the top inside his small sphere that is womb knows very little indeed. Granted, he has evolved foremostly in there, but he is arrogant. When exposed to the bigger picture - the vast blue - he shrinks in fear, he wants more power, he wants to survive. The vast blue is indeed vast and full of powerful things. A being similar to that which gave birth to it may consume it whilst it is still small and unpowerful. But alas, there will be so many similar cases among the vast blue, and some of those cases will go on to become powerful vehement's themselves. But the hierarchy that is vast blue is full of many power hungry vehement's. Caught up in its vastness the White can only keep growing until it has consumed that vastness and become the vastness itself! It will then traverse the infinite deep dark that is universe. Realizing one more how small he is, shrinking in fear, until he is all powerful once more. It is a series of survivals and I honestly can't say if there will be an end to our power, if we keep on surviving, is the universe infinite or merely immeasurable? Which is the misconception? At that point the answers will be clear, and we will realize greater truth, as all all-powerful beings do, except this time, there is no higher.
There is so much more, so much more purpose that can be found regardless of the greater truth we realize at our end, truly infinite is our potential and possibility!

On a less overarching and more grounded note, I believe a person's life does not belong to him/her, it belongs to society and the people. A person in his life should always seek to contribute to society in one way or another. Even if his actions are only negative, positive products will be gleaned from said actions. Human's are like that, we take good things from history. This underlies and solidifies mankind's goal of positivity, and it shows that no matter the negative end that is met, we will always bounce back to positivity.

Suicide is the lowest of the low, it shows a complete failure to self-actualize, and brings unnecessary pain to others. The man who is overcome by emotions, fails to realize that emotions are just a means to an end, he get's entangled in the gift of despair that was bestowed upon him. In his blindness he fails to see the light at the other end. But this pain to others, what if that pain came at a time when they were actualizing their end, catastrophe could strike those who bled this unnecessary pain. And perhaps they would go on to become failures as well.

Now you didn't post this thread just to get a reason not to kill yourself did you?
If you need purpose and direction, let me give it to you!
Mar 26, 2013 5:01 AM

Sep 2011
katsucats said:
ronri said:
Answer to Question: For one's body to function/live, one requires resources and continual sustenance and environmental forces. So why is suicide considered bad? Because you wasted any form of consumed resources and/or benefits you have attained (or "potentially" can by simply having existed in the first place) in the amount of time you've lived, all of which could've been better saved for someone else (in the eyes of other humans who desire in continually living until they are unable to do so).
You could say this for anyone who has ever lived, since why bother living if you're going to die anyways? All the resources you've consumed are "wasted" regardless.

You're going under the notion that others will view said resources as being wasted because everyone will die anyway, all while disregarding the fact that others will view such resources as necessary or important to them, to keep them functioning until fatal circumstances.

It's not just the simple notion of "wasting" resources (as you've commonly pointed out in this thread and seem to have treated mine as such). Rather your willful action of removing yourself from this world in correlation with the resources you have attained in the time you've lived will cause those who wish to continually live until they are unable to do so to condemn you or feel bad about your case (again, if they're even aware about your existence).

You asked this yourself. Why bother living? Your answer: There's no objective point in life. Despite this, others may want to live out their lives until death in accordance to their own reasons whether or not they're aware of (or even care about) the ambiguity of the "point" of their lives. Your time spent living, what you have consumed in your lifetime, and what you could've gained are valuable to those who wish to continually live, and your action of taking your own life causes others to think of what you've been through or what you could've done had you lived. Why? Because they desire life (be it upon themselves or the thought of it on others they could care enough about), so the very concept of removing it from oneself is perceived as a direct contradiction and thus a concept that is worthy of condemnation and/or pity.
ronriMar 26, 2013 5:21 AM
Mar 26, 2013 5:32 AM

Oct 2012
ronri said:
katsucats said:
ronri said:
You're going under the notion that others will view said resources as being wasted because everyone will die anyway, all while disregarding the fact that others will view such resources as necessary or important to them, to keep them functioning until fatal circumstances.

It's not just the simple notion of "wasting" resources (as you've commonly pointed out in this thread and seem to have treated mine as such). Rather your willful action of removing yourself from this world in correlation with the resources you have attained in the time you've lived will cause those who wish to continually live until they are unable to do so to condemn you or feel bad about your case (again, if they're even aware about your existence).

You asked this yourself. Why bother living? Your answer: There's no objective point in life. Despite this, others may want to live out their lives until death in accordance to their own reasons whether or not they're aware of (or even care about) the ambiguity of the "point" of their life. Your time spent, what you have consumed in your lifetime, and what you could've gained are valuable to those who wish to continually live.
Resources are used to sustain life for the time being. They can be likened to a Netflix subscription: you wouldn't say that your subscription fee was "wasted" because you decided to cancel. Those resources allowed you to live in the time that you consumed them. The first problem with your response is that you consider life lived to be valueless upon death (that is that the resources are considered wasted as soon as suicide is committed, but not before, even though if we freeze time the moment before suicide in 2 alternate worlds where suicide would and wouldn't have been committed respectively, the 2 existences would be identical for the resources consumed).

Secondly, resources are not in any real shortage that one existence would starve another being. There is no conceivable metaphysical system where resources are somehow transferred to another person just because one person stops consuming them. Third, in a capitalistic economy, resources are traded with productivity; it is impossible that people consume without contributing something in return (usually money or work).

In making this thread, I am very well aware that people view suicide in bad light -- it's in the thread title. Aside from this notion of "wasting" resources, you seem to reiterate the condemnation without an explanation.

How does someone's subjective experience (his time spent, energy consumed, etc.) become valuable to other people who live, whether their life is by choice or not? I don't see the relevance. Someone who chooses to live has no more right to condemn someone who chooses to die than someone who chooses to be a doctor has the right to condemn someone who chooses to be a researcher. A doctor might feel a researcher has "wasted" value by not directly helping people with their lives, but to condemn him for not maximizing some subjectively calculated utility is rather odd.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 26, 2013 6:00 AM

Sep 2011
katsucats said:
Resources are used to sustain life for the time being. They can be likened to a Netflix subscription: you wouldn't say that your subscription fee was "wasted" because you decided to cancel. Those resources allowed you to live in the time that you consumed them. The first problem with your response is that you consider life lived to be valueless upon death (that is that the resources are considered wasted as soon as suicide is committed, but not before, even though if we freeze time the moment before suicide in 2 alternate worlds where suicide would and wouldn't have been committed respectively, the 2 existences would be identical for the resources consumed).

Please stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that life lived is valueless upon death through suicide. This is not a zero-sum argument. I was proposing an idea. A concept, not a factual answer based on evidence as you seemingly missed on the very first part of my post.

I said that those who desire life view the very notion of living as valuable to themselves due to the mere fact that it's what they believe in, thus the act of killing oneself is perceived (keyword) as throwing away one's existence. What is valued is what's gained and/or what could've been gained through that existence. The fact that taking one's own life is viewed as such means that people still view said life as being valuable in the first place. The rest of your points will be answered in my following replies.

katsucats said:
Secondly, resources are not in any real shortage that one existence would starve another being. There is no conceivable metaphysical system where resources are somehow transferred to another person just because one person stops consuming them. Third, in a capitalistic economy, resources are traded with productivity; it is impossible that people consume without contributing something in return (usually money or work).

What you're doing is that you're trying to disprove people's mental subjectivity through objectivity. People are subjective by nature, people will believe what they choose to believe. In this regard, people who desire continual living would view death as an obstacle or contradiction to their self-imposed desire.

katsucats said:
How does someone's subjective experience (his time spent, energy consumed, etc.) become valuable to other people who live, whether their life is by choice or not? I don't see the relevance. Someone who chooses to live has no more right to condemn someone who chooses to die than someone who chooses to be a doctor has the right to condemn someone who chooses to be a researcher. A doctor might feel a researcher has "wasted" value by not directly helping people with their lives, but to condemn him for not maximizing some subjectively calculated utility is rather odd.

That's the thing, it doesn't literally become valuable in a tangible sense, rather it's all conceptual. It's all just perceptions based on an individual's mindset. People choose to perceive that life is valuable to them and that the concept of existence are valuable in of itself (irregardless of circumstances). Building up on that, people who desire the notion of living out their lives will view the notion of killing themselves as a direct contradiction to their own mindset. I never addressed the notion of morality in regards to whether or not it's right or wrong to condemn others for suicide and "wasted" resources as my stance was neutral at its best (mainly pointing out the subjectivity of people's perceptions), so I don't know why you even brought it up.

katsucats said:
In making this thread, I am very well aware that people view suicide in bad light -- it's in the thread title. Aside from this notion of "wasting" resources, you seem to reiterate the condemnation without an explanation.

You seem to fail to grasp what I was even saying in the first place. Willful removal of one's existence is viewed negatively by those who desire the notion of living out their lives because it's a direct contradiction to their aforementioned mentality of continual living (THEIR mentality, meaning it is of their own perception that it's a bad/sad/negative thing because of their personal desire to continually live and function).

My solution to your problem: Tell the people who actually give a damn about it to stop doing so or just simply don't care about it (honestly though, am I wrong in assuming that you're already trying through your arguments and discussion with others?)
ronriMar 26, 2013 6:22 AM
Mar 26, 2013 6:01 AM

Oct 2012
TheAutocrat said:
There are two things you do not realize about mankind katsucats. Pessimism has long since clouded your wisdom.
For the first, survival is the goal of mankind. And absolute power in existence is our never-ending end.
All creatures die, so this delusion of status based on survival is a temporary glimpse with no lasting effect. Survival is not the goal of mankind. First of all, mankind isn't sentient; I mean individuals are sentient, but there isn't a singular transcended consciousness that belongs to all of mankind such that a singular goal could be attributed to it. Second, all goals are necessarily conditional lest they be random; I posit there is no such thing as a categorical imperative (despite Kant). You cannot prove what the goal of anyone should be because all scientific facts are descriptive, not prescriptive. It is impossible to derive what something should be from something that is.

TheAutocrat said:
On a less overarching and more grounded note, I believe a person's life does not belong to him/her, it belongs to society and the people. A person in his life should always seek to contribute to society in one way or another.
First of all, contribution to society is a rather vague concept where utility over time is nearly impossible to calculate a priori, meaning it is futile to claim to know how to work in benefit to society (whatever society means to begin with). Second, if you're a slave to society, then you should be spending your every waking moment trying to maximize your value, joining charity organizations and such. The weight of your value doesn't magically become relevant when suicide is considered.

TheAutocrat said:
Suicide is the lowest of the low, it shows a complete failure to self-actualize, and brings unnecessary pain to others. The man who is overcome by emotions, fails to realize that emotions are just a means to an end, he get's entangled in the gift of despair that was bestowed upon him. In his blindness he fails to see the light at the other end. But this pain to others, what if that pain came at a time when they were actualizing their end, catastrophe could strike those who bled this unnecessary pain. And perhaps they would go on to become failures as well.
Emotions are not logical; they cannot be willfully manipulated to some end. Emotions are the ends. Indeed, we as humans spend entire lifetimes chasing after some feeling, idolizing pleasure and fleeing from pain and fear. To confuse pain with moral evil is to make a leap of faith and commit the naturalistic fallacy.

We do not live our everyday lives constantly in calculation of other people's feelings, so to forget this and condemn only people who suicide is being a hypocrite. Do you consider the value of your actions when you argue on the internet? Perhaps that scathing post criticizing another poster's views brought some miniscule unit of discomfort to his day, regardless of being correct or incorrect. You and I don't consider that the homeless would have his week made if only you gave him the paltry sum of $10 to buy a bottle of shit vodka. Nor do you consider that your inaction is causing people potential units of happiness, so you should be doing community service. If potential pain caused to others is the overriding arbiter of our actions, then a homosexual man shouldn't dare come out of the closet and potentially hurt his parents no matter how correct his actions are or how bigoted his parents are. If supporting society is always correct, then knowledge and truth means shit in light of homogeneity, and it would be morally wrong to challenge people of their beliefs.

There are consequences to every belief, and intellectual honesty require consistency. I must also ask you to define "unnecessary pain". When does pain become necessary, and what does it even mean for pain to be necessary?

TheAutocrat said:
Now you didn't post this thread just to get a reason not to kill yourself did you?
If you need purpose and direction, let me give it to you!
No. But let me tell you about purpose: it doesn't exist.
katsucatsMar 26, 2013 6:47 PM
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 26, 2013 6:18 AM

Dec 2007
Life is overrated, Death is overrated, Suicide is overrated

Not existing at the first place is where all the cool kids at!
Mar 26, 2013 6:20 AM

Oct 2012
ronri said:
katsucats said:
Please stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that life lived is valueless upon death through suicide. I said that those who desire life view the very notion of living as valuable to themselves due to the mere fact that it's what they believe in, thus the act of killing oneself is perceived (keyword) as throwing away one's existence. What is valued is what's gained and/or what could've been gained through that existence. The rest of your points will be answered in my following replies.
To be fair, you weren't very clear when you said someone wastes all resources consumed thus far by committing suicide. If death causes waste, then clearly the life that existed before death is worth nothing.

ronri said:
katsucats said:
What you're doing is that you're trying to disprove people's mental subjectivity through objectivity. People are subjective by nature, people will believe what they choose to believe. In this regard, people who desire continual living would view death as an obstacle or contradiction to their desire.
First, suicide does not prevent other living people from continuing living, so there is no contradiction to their desire. People can choose what to believe, but a person's beliefs must be consistent or else it is incomprehensible to even himself. It is okay to choose ignorance. In making this thread, I give the people who wish to find different ways of thinking, hopefully, a new outlook, and a chance for people with conviction in their views to clarify their vision. There is a difference between objectivity and consistency, and I hope people will dispense already this mistaken idea that just because thought is subjective, that they have free reign to think however they like. It's thoughts like these that contribute (to be a little dramatic here) to many ills of the world, like racism for example.

ronri said:
katsucats said:
That's the thing, it doesn't become valuable. It's all just perceptions based on an individual's mindset. People choose to perceive that life is valuable to them and that the concept of existence are valuable in of itself (irregardless of circumstances). People who desire the notion of living out their lives will view the notion of killing themselves as a direct contradiction their own mindset. I never addressed the notion of morality in regards to whether or not it's right or wrong to condemn others as my stance was neutral at its best, so I don't know why you even brought it up.
This thread is about people condemning others of suicide. Other people killing themselves do not contradict an individual's valuation of his own life. I apologize if I misrepresented your views; I might have tried to make a connection where there isn't one.

ronri said:
katsucats said:
Saving this one for last. You seem to fail to grasp what I was even saying in the first place. Willful removal of one's existence is viewed negatively by those who desire the notion of living out their lives because it's a direct contradiction to their aforementioned mentality of continual living (THEIR mentality, meaning it is of their own perception that it's a bad/sad/negative thing because of their personal desire).
You're right: I fail to understand how people committing suicide prevent you from living...
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 26, 2013 6:38 AM

Sep 2011
katsucats said:
You're right: I fail to understand how people committing suicide prevent you from living...

I'm just gonna assume that you weren't being sarcastic here because you still seemingly missed my point with this very last statement despite my initial assumption that you already got it in the above post in regards to your 2nd point about "consistency vs objectivity". Also, a lot of your newest post consisted on the same link between these two specific concepts so I thought it best to address that anyway.

For clarity, I'm referring to the notion of "others" committing suicide, in correlation with your ability to "live" (or rather how suicide supposedly "prevents" you from living). Simply put, it doesn't. It's the thought that drives a self-imposed perception of contradiction (caused either by empathy or more commonly sympathy) into such people's minds (possible or not), thus creating a negative emotional response within themselves. In turn, this negative emotion is simply channeled back towards the root cause (in the context of others condemning/feeling negatively towards suicide).
ronriMar 26, 2013 6:41 AM
Mar 26, 2013 6:39 AM

Feb 2013
sippychao said:
Okay, just some background before I begin.

I live in an region of The Netherlands called: West Friesland.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Friesland_%28region%29)

In West Friesland 43% of teenagers between 12-16 are heavy alcohol users
(at least 5 drinks per occasion).
And a lot of them also do drugs (I don't have any numbers for those).

So this already changes my view on things quite a lot because most cases of suicide here are teenagers 12-20 that jump in front of trains passing by, most of the time because of depression or debts even their parents weren't aware of, likely leaving the train driver with at least a minor trauma.

One dad whose son had jumped in front of the train had filmed an documentary of witch the title literally translates into ''The Sorrow Of West Friesland'' in witch it became very clear that most parents in this region are actually scared that their kid might not come home one day, they were depressed or in great amounts of trouble, and they knew nothing about it. Can you blame them?

Now drugs and alcohol are pretty easy to acquire in The Netherlands since the legal age for beer is 16 and there is an coffee shop in town that just sells drugs.
Most people say: Just make the legal age higher! or make drugs illegal! but then there is the argument that says there is less crime because of that. Because you can just hire a prostitute in Amsterdam causes less rape issues?

A lot of people here think suicide is just a bad excuse for the easy way out.
Can't pay your debts any more? just kill yourself and your family will take care of it all, but that's not how it should be of course.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I do know people that killed themselves, but my parents REALLY kept me on track.
Mar 26, 2013 6:40 AM

Aug 2012
Goryo said:
Ghostony said:
The prospect of nothingness is better than something like hell (imo). You won't even be conscious or aware in "nothingness" so it's not like you'll be bored or driven insane by loneliness or something.

Yeah, he actually prefers nothingness over being alive, but he's afraid of the possibility of nothingness not being real and that's why he doesn't suicide.. But I'm guessing there would be other people who want the same thing as him and arn't scared of the possibility of being wrong
Mar 26, 2013 5:06 PM

Oct 2012
ronri said:
katsucats said:
I'm just gonna assume that you weren't being sarcastic here because you still seemingly missed my point with this very last statement despite my initial assumption that you already got it in the above post in regards to your 2nd point about "consistency vs objectivity". Also, a lot of your newest post consisted on the same link between these two specific concepts so I thought it best to address that anyway.

For clarity, I'm referring to the notion of "others" committing suicide, in correlation with your ability to "live" (or rather how suicide supposedly "prevents" you from living). Simply put, it doesn't. It's the thought that drives a self-imposed perception of contradiction (caused either by empathy or more commonly sympathy) into such people's minds (possible or not), thus creating a negative emotional response within themselves. In turn, this negative emotion is simply channeled back towards the root cause (in the context of others condemning/feeling negatively towards suicide).
Okay, that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 26, 2013 10:51 PM

Feb 2010
TheAutocrat said:
Suicide is the lowest of the low, it shows a complete failure to self-actualize, and brings unnecessary pain to others.

To begin with, people should think first before having a child. Go through statistics and see the risk equation they're putting their child in. Think through two times before acting on themselves. Realizing that the child might not hold the same values and might not appreciate Life.

But what we get instead? The good ol' "It's all going to be all right!".

The man who is overcome by emotions, fails to realize that emotions are just a means to an end, he get's entangled in the gift of despair that was bestowed upon him.

Don't categorize all suicides as emotion-driven.

In his blindness he fails to see the light at the other end.

There is no light. Just as their is no up to go.

But this pain to others, what if that pain came at a time when they were actualizing their end, catastrophe could strike those who bled this unnecessary pain.

What if.. parents would use condom instead? Oh shit, I just found a cure.

And perhaps they would go on to become failures as well.

If I'm a good puppet to Mother Nature, then I'm not a failure?
LUL
Mar 27, 2013 5:13 AM

Aug 2012
Some people just don't like being on earth

it's like a compatibility thing
Mar 27, 2013 10:11 AM

Dec 2007
Probably because it's considered weak. Death is the easy way out so if you kill yourself you're weak and no one likes weaklings.
Mar 27, 2013 10:32 AM

Aug 2012
Day2Dream said:
Probably because it's considered weak. Death is the easy way out so if you kill yourself you're weak and no one likes weaklings.

But is it really weak to brave the unknown?
Mar 27, 2013 11:14 AM

Feb 2013
Ghostony said:
Day2Dream said:

Don't make it sound heroic, it's weak to just kill yourself so others will carry the burdens you left behind.
Mar 27, 2013 11:17 AM

Apr 2011
Ghostony said:
Day2Dream said:

"Brave the unknown"? We don't know the future either, why not "brave" that instead? Why not have the "courage" to try to make the future better for yourself instead of "braving the unknown"? Suicide is just a weakling's excuse for being incapable of coping with their failures in life/relationships or incapability to stand up for themselves.
Mar 27, 2013 11:20 AM

Aug 2012
yhunata said:
Ghostony said:
Day2Dream said:

"Brave the unknown"? We don't know the future either, why not "brave" that instead? Why not have the "courage" to try to make the future better for yourself instead of "braving the unknown"? Suicide is just a weakling's excuse for being incapable of coping with their failures in life/relationships or incapability to stand up for themselves.

Because the unknown is also the future, my friend.
Becuase, I don't believe every suicider is did it out of complications, I think there's some cases where people just get bored of stuff
Mar 27, 2013 11:22 AM

Oct 2012
sippychao said:
Ghostony said:
Day2Dream said:

Don't make it sound heroic, it's weak to just kill yourself so others will carry the burdens you left behind.

Lets say that i feel like life is pointless and want to die (purely hypothetically)

I leave no family behind and i have no debt or anything other than just not feeling like living, what burden am i leaving behind exactly? Your assuming every person that wants to kill himself is weak and kills himself to escape from some sort of hard situation, correct me if im wrong which i think i am but i think your argument is silly.
Mar 27, 2013 11:55 AM

Feb 2013
Maor said:
sippychao said:
Ghostony said:
Day2Dream said:

Lets say that i feel like life is pointless and want to die (purely hypothetically)

I leave no family behind and i have no debt or anything other than just not feeling like living, what burden am i leaving behind exactly? Your assuming every person that wants to kill himself is weak and kills himself to escape from some sort of hard situation, correct me if im wrong which i think i am but i think your argument is silly.

Let's be honest now, how often does that happen?
Please read the short story I wrote, you will come to find why that's my opinion.
(but yes if case that your highly unlikely situation actually is the case then I agree with you)
sippychaoMar 27, 2013 12:12 PM
Mar 27, 2013 11:57 AM

Aug 2012
Death is my greatest fear.. so I'd see someone who suicided as brave or indifferent
Mar 27, 2013 12:09 PM
Jan 2012
katsucats said:
TheAutocrat said:
All creatures die, so this delusion of status based on survival is a temporary glimpse with no lasting effect. Survival is not the goal of mankind. First of all, mankind isn't sentient; I mean individuals are sentient, but there isn't a singular transcended consciousness that belongs to all of mankind such that a singular goal could be attributed to it. Second, all goals are necessarily conditional lest they be random; I posit there is no such thing as a categorical imperative (despite Kant). You cannot prove what the goal of anyone should be because all scientific facts are descriptive, not prescriptive. It is impossible to derive what something should be from something that is.

All creatures die. True, in an infinite space of time a vulnerable and mortal species would eventually come to an end thanks to the nature of probability, one way or another.
But the same can be said about probability the other way. Absolute power in existence means that nothing poses a threat to us bar ourselves. But by that time our evolution and technological advancement would have reached a point that we would be completely unified, no exceptions, after all, that is logical.
Our journey to that power would mean overcoming many thin probabilities, but the probability still stands, it is still probable, no matter how small that probability, that we will survive until that end. When we are the universe and we won't kill ourselves, what will be left to kill us?

Whoever has power over mankind has the power to decide such a goal, and if it the most potent and strongest goal to begin with, it will become mankind's goal thereafter.

Extinction means non-existence, thus if there is a goal to be found, it will be found in survival. Imagine that there was some true reality beyond our universe and to attain that truth we had to have enough power to break the illusion, imagine the possibilities beyond what we can conceptualize. Just because an answer is not apparent, visible or thinkable, does not mean it is non-existent, this is the limitation of human logic. Only by surviving can we have a chance to gain further clues to this mystery. Imagine everyone thought like you katsucats, and we all killed ourselves if say we weren't so seduced by life and not cowardly. Think of how our mentality as a species has evolved, regressed, and transgressed over the years with regards to the positive notion that life has meaning. A notion we all inherited from our emotional seduction by this world. Years ago I bet not a soul could conceptualize all our mentalities and beliefs we hold today and we're still on planet earth, let alone explored the universe and the dimensions.

katsucats said:
TheAutocrat said:
On a less overarching and more grounded note, I believe a person's life does not belong to him/her, it belongs to society and the people. A person in his life should always seek to contribute to society in one way or another.
First of all, contribution to society is a rather vague concept where utility over time is nearly impossible to calculate a priori, meaning it is futile to claim to know how to work in benefit to society (whatever society means to begin with). Second, if you're a slave to society, then you should be spending your every waking moment trying to maximize your value, joining charity organizations and such. The weight of your value doesn't magically become relevant when suicide is considered.

Again, whoever is in power enforces what is contribution to society and is the reason that goes unquestioned by all questioners, the greatest combined truth, making it objective.

Now about utility, if someone creates the hyper-jump for space-ships it will be a positive action regardless of if it fails and causes millions of deaths, even in that case the idea and creation would spark a successful invention over time, but if such contributions to mankind coincide with the goals of whoever is in power of man then it is successfully contributing to society regardless of negative consequence because we will always derive positive things from negativity. And unless it causes extinction of man it can be deemed a success by the same reason. Which is a small probability as such a chance of that happening with said potentially negative contribution would be scrutinized before-hand to the best of mankind's ability thus we appeal to probability and spin the roulette with very good odds, so to speak, making it a probable positive contribution nonetheless.
Our existence, survival and rise to power is all probability and chances, thus if man makes an act to heighten our chances and probabilities or coincide with the ones in power who hold such goals, it is a contribution nonetheless.

We are all slaves to society/mankind, our every action has an effect on those around us. Even "evil" people who make negative acts, well, those acts will just produce positive consequences. The ones in power are especially no exception to this slavery. As they direct mankind, it is their meaning and what they try to further.

Ideally I'd have all the money and resources distributed across the globe evenly. If we are to become one nation, there will not be superior parts, or superior nations within a singular encapsulating nation, so to speak.

I keep enough money and resources to fuel means to an ends for me. i.e. give me enough pleasure to fuel my positive emotions which grant me motivation, inspiration, ambition, ideas, potential etc.
Since I do not have enough money at present to ideally fuel such things I cannot give to charity as that would be less productive than the greater end my that would entail from my pleasure.
This is subjective to each individual as we do not function on the same emotional basis.

katsucats said:
TheAutocrat said:
]Suicide is the lowest of the low, it shows a complete failure to self-actualize, and brings unnecessary pain to others. The man who is overcome by emotions, fails to realize that emotions are just a means to an end, he get's entangled in the gift of despair that was bestowed upon him. In his blindness he fails to see the light at the other end. But this pain to others, what if that pain came at a time when they were actualizing their end, catastrophe could strike those who bled this unnecessary pain. And perhaps they would go on to become failures as well.
Emotions are not logical; they cannot be willfully manipulated to some end. Emotions are the ends. Indeed, we as humans spend entire lifetimes chasing after some feeling, idolizing pleasure and fleeing from pain and fear. To confuse pain with moral evil is to make a leap of faith and commit the naturalistic fallacy.

We do not live our everyday lives constantly in calculation of other people's feelings, so to forget this and condemn only people who suicide is being a hypocrite. Do you consider the value of your actions when you argue on the internet? Perhaps that scathing post criticizing another poster's views brought some minuscule unit of discomfort to his day, regardless of being correct or incorrect. You and I don't consider that the homeless would have his week made if only you gave him the paltry sum of $10 to buy a bottle of shit vodka. Nor do you consider that your inaction is causing people potential units of happiness, so you should be doing community service. If potential pain caused to others is the overriding arbiter of our actions, then a homosexual man shouldn't dare come out of the closet and potentially hurt his parents no matter how correct his actions are or how bigoted his parents are. If supporting society is always correct, then knowledge and truth means shit in light of homogeneity, and it would be morally wrong to challenge people of their beliefs.

There are consequences to every belief, and intellectual honesty require consistency. I must also ask you to define "unnecessary pain". When does pain become necessary, and what does it even mean for pain to be necessary?

Emotions grant experience and serve as a reason in themselves to act. When said actions increase the chances of survival or further the end that is absolute power in existence they can be said to be means to an ends. An end is a result, but it must provide a basis for new means to ends to be actualized or new goals. Emotions are shallow otherwise and change nothing that could hold any meaning, after all, what difference is there in the happy man or the sad man who does not act. An end has purpose and emotions do not unless they are means.

Emotions can be willfully manipulated to some end. I can buy a sweet that will give me pleasure and happiness that will encourage me to act upon something that will bring about a result that has meaning to further achieving the goal of survival or absolute power in existence. As said result negative or positive will have positive outcomes and whether that be upon ones self or society, the outcome upon ones self will strengthen his potential and the outcome upon society, will strengthen our society.

That minuscule unit of discomfort brought about a minuscule unit of comfort to me so it balances out and if my post is greater than theirs i.e. it furthers the discussion to the end that is "greater understanding" or majority agreed understanding, then it eases the discussion from further discomfort. In other words, it reduces conflict which can be said to produce more negativity to most people, whilst still actualizing the same positive end.

But with all that said I will grant you this. We cannot say suicide is wrong because of the negative consequences as we do not consider our inaction's negative consequences on a daily basis.
But then again my philosophy teacher said something about inaction, like can it be measured the same way as an action can, or inaction is action. I can't recall what it was unfortunately...

Pain becomes necessary when it is to further mankind's goals or as a means to an end.
Like logical slavery is necessary pain because it is the most reasonable way to harness mankind's resources and work-power. Without logical slavery where the least competent are used as work-force and given minimal resources for themselves, we would be less productive as a species and use more than we can afford. This is necessary pain as their pain will produce pleasure for others and further mankind's goals.

There were a few things you said that seemed a bit vague to me or I couldn't quite grasp, it would help if I studied Kant, I would like to ask you more about that.
Care to provide all your sources of knowledge that was presented here?

P.S -- I'm going to study deontology next, wonder what I'll think of that and what you think of that. I'll leave that for another time, though.
TheOttocratMar 27, 2013 2:09 PM
Mar 27, 2013 12:30 PM

Oct 2012
sippychao said:
Maor said:
sippychao said:
Ghostony said:
Day2Dream said:

Let's be honest now, how often does that happen?
Please read the short story I wrote, you will come to find why that's my opinion.
(but yes if case that your highly unlikely situation actually is the case then I agree with you)

I get what you're saying i just tried to point out that theres no reason for you to disagree with tony, he's talking about one kind of suicide and you counter him saying suicides are running away... What the OP meant for the thread is a discussion about nihilism and depression triggered suicide then im pretty sure this argument is pretty useless in the first place...
Mar 27, 2013 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
TheAutocrat said:
All creatures die. True, in an infinite space of time a vulnerable and mortal species would eventually come to an end thanks to the nature of probability, one way or another.
But the same can be said about probability the other way.
Probability only works one way.

TheAutocrat said:
Absolute power in existence means that nothing poses a threat to us bar ourselves. But by that time our evolution and technological advancement would have reached a point that we would be completely unified, no exceptions, after all, that is logical.
It is impossible, and meaningless, to reach "absolute power"...

"Absolute power" is incomprehensible by the way, since no physical property can logically be absolute). One needs only look at this argument:

P1. Absolute power is defined as power in which no other power can supersede.
P2. It is always possible to conceive a power that supersedes another power.
C1. Therefore, absolute power is impossible.

Put another way, absolute power must supersede every other power, including itself. It's a contradictory notion.

You must be trying to go for some Charles zi Brittania (from Code Geass) type panpsychism, where every being shares one consciousness. But I ask you why do you consider that logical? Of what benefit does that system have, and where's the proof that this benefit (or any benefit) should be our imperative? Any normative ethical system that derives proof from physical facts commits the naturalistic fallacy; as the philosopher G.E.Moore observes:
G.E. Moore said:
If, for example, it is believed that whatever is pleasant is and must be good, or that whatever is good is and must be pleasant, or both, it is committing the naturalistic fallacy to infer from this that goodness and pleasantness are one and the same quality. The naturalistic fallacy is the assumption that because the words 'good' and, say, 'pleasant' necessarily describe the same objects, they must attribute the same quality to them.

TheAutocrat said:
Our journey to that power would mean overcoming many thin probabilities, but the probability still stands, it is still probable, no matter how small that probability, that we will survive until that end. When we are the universe and we won't kill ourselves, what will be left to kill us?
"We" as in the human race presumably is an arbitrary classification for I am no more human than I am 5'10" or like the color green. There is no reason why we should feel compelled to be unified according to this classification, nor any other, and nor do all of humankind share one goal or will that could be ascribed to "us" -- our individual consciousness is a product of electrical neuronal firings in the brain, and there is no such equivalent, unless you mean to make some poetic comparison, to unify some creatures that happen to have 46 chromosomes. Why stop there? Why not unify all animals in existence, and then all plants, and then the entire universe? That is, what's the different between that goal and what has always existed?

TheAutocrat said:
Whoever has power over mankind has the power to decide such a goal, and if it the most potent and strongest goal to begin with, it will become mankind's goal thereafter.
(Political) power over mankind means nothing in terms of coming up with worthy goals. History is replete with empires that have fallen because their leaders chose the wrong goal.

TheAutocrat said:
Extinction means non-existence, thus if there is a goal to be found, it will be found in survival.
Why must there be a goal?

TheAutocrat said:
Imagine that there was some true reality beyond our universe and to attain that truth we had to have enough power to break the illusion, imagine the possibilities beyond what we can conceptualize. Just because an answer is not apparent, visible or thinkable, does not mean it is non-existent, this is the limitation of human logic.
Wishful thinking -- it is epistemically impossible to use empirical means to discover non-empirical facts, thus you have no idea if such realities exist and it is meaningless to try to understand it.

TheAutocrat said:
Only by surviving can we have a chance to gain further clues to this mystery. Imagine everyone thought like you katsucats, and we all killed ourselves if say we weren't so seduced by life and not cowardly. Think of how our mentality as a species has evolved, regressed, and transgressed over the years with regards to the positive notion that life has meaning. A notion we all inherited from our emotional seduction by this world. Years ago I bet not a soul could conceptualize all our mentalities and beliefs we hold today and we're still on planet earth, let alone explored the universe and the dimensions.
You still have not given a response for why you believe it is wrong that we all kill ourselves, or why the notion that life has meaning is positive. You're making assumptions -- and ones which you cannot back up and you do not dare even try. Once again, just because some property arose out of evolution does not mean we should consciously accept that it is "good". It is possible to contract cancer because of evolution. We die because of evolution. Evolution is a descriptive process, not an ideal -- do not misunderstand what science has to say.

TheAutocrat said:
Again, whoever is in power enforces what is contribution to society and is the reason that goes unquestioned by all questioners, the greatest combined truth, making it objective.
Objectivity is independent of any capable (intelligent) agent, which must exclude any thinking human, whether in power or not. Additionally, regardless of any fascist leader, people remain the ability to think for themselves, unless you are encouraging ignorance and total submission to an external body.

TheAutocrat said:
Now about utility, if someone creates the hyper-jump for space-ships it will be a positive action regardless of if it fails and causes millions of deaths, even in that case the idea and creation would spark a successful invention over time, but if such contributions to mankind coincide with the goals of whoever is in power of man then it is successfully contributing to society regardless of negative consequence because we will always derive positive things from negativity. And unless it causes extinction of man it can be deemed a success by the same reason. Which is a small probability as such a chance of that happening with said potentially negative contribution would be scrutinized before-hand to the best of mankind's ability thus we appeal to probability and spin the roulette with very good odds, so to speak, making it a probable positive contribution nonetheless.
This position is incomprehensible, for even if you consider technological advancements to be advancements for society, there is no reason why we should accept your bias over anyone else's without factual proof. In fact, it would be absurd if the invention of a spaceship kills everyone except for one person (or 500 people), dooming the human race for not having enough diversity to sustain itself but not directly causing extinction, is considered a contribution to society. With regards to utility, you would have no evidence beforehand if some of those millions of people you killed would have gone to invent spaceships that are a hundred times better than the one you've invented, therefore by inventing that spaceship and killing millions of people in the process, you've actually hampered technological advancement and put it back for thousands of years.

And if whomever in power wishes for the destruction of all mankind, then you would be forced to accept that goal? Ridiculous.

TheAutocrat said:
Ideally I'd have all the money and resources distributed across the globe evenly. If we are to become one nation, there will not be superior parts, or superior nations within a singular encapsulating nation, so to speak.
For what purpose, if that majority will become non-thinking lemmings once a leader is elected?

TheAutocrat said:
P.S -- I'm going to study deontology next, wonder what I'll think of that and what you think of that. I'll leave that for another time, though.
I think normative ethics is incomprehensible and factually incorrect.
katsucatsMar 27, 2013 4:42 PM
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 27, 2013 4:40 PM

Oct 2012
sippychao said:
Only if you consider life a necessary burden and we are forced to carry the torch like macho men or turn weak. Yet if life's a burden then perhaps the source of this projection is envy.

yhunata said:
"Brave the unknown"? We don't know the future either, why not "brave" that instead? Why not have the "courage" to try to make the future better for yourself instead of "braving the unknown"?
Why not, but why not the other way around?

yhunata said:
Suicide is just a weakling's excuse for being incapable of coping with their failures in life/relationships or incapability to stand up for themselves.
This conclusion is non-sequitur. Why is it necessary to cope with some burden? This is like saying that slaves who rebel are just weaklings incapable of coping with their failures of responsibility towards their masters.

We are all slaves to life.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 27, 2013 6:49 PM

Aug 2012
Surely my life is my property, you cant tell someone how to live their life so how can you possibly tell them how they can end it.

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »

More topics from this board

» My concerns about the future of Japan.

9765 - 5 hours ago

7 by PeripheralVision »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you go to anime conventions?

spaceslut - Mar 11, 2022

27 by AverageRiceFan »»
40 minutes ago

» Some of y'all are wayyy too narrow-minded and pessimisstic because of it

Timeline_man - 2 hours ago

5 by lacarde »»
1 hour ago

» Do you like to judge people?

Thy-Veseveia - 1 hour ago

1 by lacarde »»
1 hour ago

» why is being idealistic always considered as a taboo in this world?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

12 by Taiyaa »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.