Forum Settings
Forums

Itt: post when you finish or start a manga or anime

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 31, 2009 1:36 AM

Jan 2009
I started watching Inuyasha (lol) as part of my goal to actually watch some of the super long stuff that I tend to avoid. I've yet to watch anything longer than like 60 episodes not counting DB and DBZ years and years ago.

I also just finished Soul Eater, which was pretty solid until it went nonsensical near the end and the ending itself was bad. I also finished Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo which was pretty bad, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I ended up enjoying it relatively anyway.

B8, recommend me some longer series that are finished. At some point I'll work on trying the big 3 too, but not now.
Jul 31, 2009 10:02 AM
Jul 2009
Malinor said:
B8, recommend me some longer series that are finished. At some point I'll work on trying the big 3 too, but not now.

Zatch Bell. 150 episodes and easily better and more entertaining than Naruto/Bleach/Inuyasha.
Aug 2, 2009 2:30 PM

Jun 2007
^with "big three" I think he meant One Piece instead of Inuyasha

Anyway, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. 50 episodes, and they are quite funny.
Aug 8, 2009 1:28 PM

Jan 2009
Just finished TTGL and Haruhi

Haruhi was meh, TTGL was ok
I'm just a big visual novel fan but have also watched quite a bit of anime and played a bunch of games. Avatar is Mashiro from Making*Lovers and Kotori from Rewrite.
Aug 8, 2009 9:00 PM

Jan 2009
And just finished Death Note... not bad
I'm just a big visual novel fan but have also watched quite a bit of anime and played a bunch of games. Avatar is Mashiro from Making*Lovers and Kotori from Rewrite.
Aug 13, 2009 2:59 PM

Jun 2007
Just finished Nijuu Mensou no Musume (Daughter of Twenty Faces)

Was quite a nice serie, at some points in the plot a bit dull but as soon as the story picks up again it was great to watch *-*
Aug 14, 2009 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
I have to ask, who did you get the subs from? I downloaded it a while back but then realized Live-Evil never put out the last episode, being the big trolls they are.

Unless the last episode was just a bonus or something? I didn't look into it much, just saw that it was supposed to be 22 and I only had 21 and decided to put it off until later.
Aug 15, 2009 12:09 PM

Jun 2007
Malinor said:
I have to ask, who did you get the subs from? I downloaded it a while back but then realized Live-Evil never put out the last episode, being the big trolls they are.
Yeah, the reason I waited so long with finishing it was because I actually waited for 22 to be released >_>

Watched Live-Evil from 1 to 21, and 22 from Baka-Konbi. (thanks to swoosh who posted this link in the 22 discussion topic)

Malinor said:
Unless the last episode was just a bonus or something? I didn't look into it much, just saw that it was supposed to be 22 and I only had 21 and decided to put it off until later.

Well, the main story ends at 21 and some characters part ways there, 22 is just an episode in which they meet again a few years later. Worth watching too.
AshivalAug 15, 2009 12:15 PM
Aug 16, 2009 6:22 PM

Jan 2009
Just finished Air A lot better than I expected actually. Gonna watch Air In Summer tomorrow night probably.
Aug 19, 2009 11:25 PM

Jan 2009
Finished Code Geass

freaking amazing
Sep 10, 2009 3:35 PM

Jun 2007
Started watching Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl). Not bad so far.

Every episode brings a mixture of feelings to me. First anger when seeing the injustice being done, followed by excitement when they go and punish the evildoer, and finally the satisfaction when the victim continues with his/her life.
Sep 12, 2009 9:14 PM

Oct 2008
Finished watching Rosario+Vampire.

Not sure why I watched this. Wishing that I hadn't.
Sep 15, 2009 2:21 PM

Mar 2009
Well the manga for Rosario+Vampire is much better, not that, that's hard to do.
The male lead actually does shit like fight and it's less fan-service abusive.

I've been reading Bakuman, a huge draw of it being done by the same author as Death Note. (Though don't expect anything like it) You see I like all the references that are made, plus the hot-blooded manga making. But the love crap kind of bothers me, part of the concept is almost a copy of part Final Fantasy VIII, and when it's not, it's simply a pain to read.
Sep 15, 2009 2:46 PM

Jan 2009
I finished the whole Kenshin series recently

overall not too bad
Sep 19, 2009 4:24 PM

Jun 2007
Finished Jigoku Shoujo and started with watching a serie I wanted to watch for sooooo long: Clannad.
Sep 21, 2009 9:44 PM
Jun 2008
You should really watch Futakomori (the second season of Jigoku Shoujo) as well. The overall quality is a huge improvement.
Sep 22, 2009 3:12 AM

Jun 2007
darkmac said:
You should really watch Futakomori (the second season of Jigoku Shoujo) as well. The overall quality is a huge improvement.

I will, but I'm watching the animes I already have first.
Oct 5, 2009 7:21 PM

Jan 2009
I should actually do what the topic implies and post here when I finish something.

Finished:

Darker Than Black
CANAAN
Kanamemo
Neon Genesis Evangelion and EoE (rewatched with a friend)
Love Hina (again a rewatch)
Bakemonogatari

I think that's it.

How did you like Jigoku Shoujo? I downloaded all three seasons just recently cause they looked pretty good, but I don't actually know anything about them.
Oct 5, 2009 7:29 PM

Jan 2009
Finished Aria series and Haruhi 2 recently

Aria was ****ing awesome

Haruhi 2 had a bunch of surprising moments, and overall was pretty good
Oct 6, 2009 6:54 PM

Jan 2009
Just finished Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.

The beginning was rage inducing in that the main character is one of the most annoying characters in recent memory (what with being a middle school girl and all) but it picked later on and the twist was nifty, if expected.

Over all probably a 6.x but I gave it a 7 because MAL is goofy.
Oct 8, 2009 9:23 AM

Jan 2009
Finished Yokuwakaru Gendaimahou.

It was uhhhh?

The whole show felt very aimless, most of the episodes didn't go anywhere at all, and the ending was ??

I was still mildly entertained most of the time though so I give it a 5. Not awful, not good. It's just there.
Oct 9, 2009 1:57 PM

Jan 2009
Finished A Tale of Melodies. That was amazing in every sense of the word. Much better than Memories.
Oct 9, 2009 3:30 PM

Jun 2007
Malinor said:
How did you like Jigoku Shoujo? I downloaded all three seasons just recently cause they looked pretty good, but I don't actually know anything about them.
I liked the first season, other two I still gotta watch.

And also, Bakemonogatari isn't finished yet, the last three episodes will be streamed starting October 28.
Oct 9, 2009 9:41 PM

Jan 2009
Yeah, I'm aware that Bakemono isn't done, I'm not really sure why I listed it. I was just going through everything that I had watched and due to the nature of it, it felt finished. The upcoming episodes feel more like bonus episodes than regular ones, even if they aren't.

Anyway, I watched the first two episodes of Jigoku Shoujo and they were pretty interesting so I think I'm gonna cram a bunch in tonight as I have nothing planned for tomorrow. It seems pretty episodic so I'm wary of the fact that it's three seasons long, I imagine some kind of extended arc has to come about or it'll likely get pretty dull, we shall see.
Oct 11, 2009 10:32 PM

Jan 2009
Finished the two Haruhi net spinoffs: Nyoron and Haruhi-chan

they were both pretty entertaining
Oct 11, 2009 10:32 PM

Jan 2009
oh and I finished Basilisk as well which was pretty good
Oct 14, 2009 2:43 PM

Jan 2009
Started and finished Haruhi 2, which wasn't nearly as bad as I expected from all the grumbling I heard.

Maybe it's because I'm not a huge Haruhi fan in the first place, so I don't really feel trolled at all, but eh.

Endless Eight just felt like Higurashi-lite, and the rest of the series went from alright to pretty good, much like season 1. Overall 7/8, not sure what I'll settle on.
Oct 16, 2009 9:03 PM

Mar 2009
Alright finished Kanamemo and Spice and Wolf II which just about wraps up all the summer anime I was watching. (Except for Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, which has no subs for the last 2 episodes)

Kanamemo was nice and cute, but that singing episode had to be one of the most painful things I had ever sat through.

Spice and Wolf II felt more interesting than the first season due to all the build-up going on.

Oh and about Haruhi Season 2, yeah it was more amusing watching people rage over Endless Eight than watching the series itself.
Oct 17, 2009 9:16 AM

Jun 2007
Finished Clannad ~After Story~. It made me cry three times in total...

And, I started these fall anime:
-Fairy Tail
-Nyan Koi!
-Seiken no Blacksmith
Oct 22, 2009 2:59 PM

Mar 2009
What I read- Blue Drop ~Tenshi no Bokura~
What I expected- Yuri
What I got- Yaoi

Probably the most awkward thing I've ever read.
WhiteLensOct 22, 2009 5:28 PM
Oct 27, 2009 6:10 PM

Jan 2009
Finished Rozen Maiden. Never thought I'd find something worse than School Days.
Nov 4, 2009 3:27 PM
Nov 2009
trying to start the umineko VN, though I always have problems when it comes to finding VNs, got lucky with F/S N, but I always suck at installing them.
Nov 7, 2009 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
Been playing too many doujin games lately but I did finally finish Spicy Wolf II/Medieval Economics and Wit 101

Was pretty good, very much like the first season. Overall I'd say high 7/low 8 for it.
Nov 9, 2009 4:27 AM

Jun 2007
I recently started The F/SN VN, together with the anime Kimi ni Todoke
AshivalDec 3, 2009 12:10 AM
Nov 14, 2009 1:15 PM

Jan 2009
I also recently started the F/SN Visual Novel

and completed Cardcaptor Sakura and Neon Genesis Evangelion
Nov 18, 2009 11:57 PM

Jan 2009
just fininshed Kanon

not bad
Nov 27, 2009 10:21 PM

Mar 2009
I've finished reading Densha Otoko recently.

I think the reason why I bothered to even look at it was because the Ending Theme in the Drama version was used in Ouendan 2.

But it was quite good, supposedly based on a true story that any straight-up nerd is capable of finding a girl....only if they protect said girl from a drunk prior.
Dec 2, 2009 12:36 PM

Jan 2009
Fininshed Fate Stay Night VN
Dec 4, 2009 1:46 AM

Apr 2009
I just started watching The Third. I had been meaning to pick it up for a while and finally got around to starting.
"Those whose memories fade seek to carve them in their hearts..."
"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
Dec 7, 2009 8:21 PM

Jan 2009
Watched several things while my internet was down

Kannagi - Pretty much what I expected, fairly interesting, but not great. Needs a season 2, since the plot didn't really go anywhere.

School Rumble (and Ni Gakki) - Fantastic, maybe my favorite comedy anime. I haven't seen the OVA but I heard it wasn't as good so I'm wary.

Noein - Heavily reminded me of Evangelion. Was very strange, but the animation is what stood out the most. The style was unusual and shifted a lot, at times it was absolutely phenomenal, and the heavy use of CG made for a very incredible viewing experience. The end was a little weak, but still, this show is worth a watch for its uniqueness.
Dec 13, 2009 5:55 AM
Oct 2009
I've been reading JoJo part III but just put it on hold because the scans turned terrible. Apparently this part has actually been released in English, it's so good I might buy the volumes.
Dec 13, 2009 9:38 PM
Jun 2008
You think JoJo 3 has bad scans? Just wait 'til you get to part 4.
Dec 16, 2009 6:57 PM

Apr 2009
Just finished watching The Third. It was alright but not as good as I thought it would be.
Dec 18, 2009 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
Watched Eve no Jikan.

Very very awesome, especially for how short it is. After the first episode I realized it was probably the most entertaining 15 minutes I've experienced in a long time.

Definitely worth checking out.
Dec 18, 2009 10:24 AM

Dec 2009
About to finish Needless right now.

I love it so much, but it seems most people don't!
Dec 19, 2009 11:09 AM

Jan 2009
I didn't really know how to categorize Needless.

It was so awful, so dumb, so generic in every aspect of it's making.

But dammit, I had fun watching it.
Dec 20, 2009 7:11 PM

Mar 2009
Saw Mars of Destruction...

...ok now I know why it's the worst rated anime on this site.

And since it's only like a 19-min OVA, I'd say it's worth a watch just for its status.
Dec 23, 2009 6:16 AM

Dec 2009
My randomizer picked Planetes, so that's what I'm going to watch next. This was a recommendation from Dragonair so I don't know exactly what to expect
Dec 24, 2009 1:28 PM

Apr 2009
I finished watching Umineko no Naku Koro Ni and Seitokai no Ichizon. Even if Umineko was a butchered version of the VN, I still enjoyed watching it. I'll probably pick up the Umineko VN at some point. Seitokai no Ichizon was a fun anime to watch. I liked the characters and it was fun watching them interact even if nothing really happens in the anime.
Dec 26, 2009 11:52 PM

Jan 2009
Baccano was decent, not the awesomness I was expecting but still entertaining enough

Spice and Wolf was 'ok', in that it could be a bit boring sometimes besides the nice lawrence holo interactin
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Nominations for best Anime/Manga character!

NowItsAngeTime - Aug 9, 2009

0 by NowItsAngeTime »»
Aug 9, 2009 1:11 PM

» Fushigi no Umi no Nadia! (Nadia The Secret of Blue Water)

Ex2 - Apr 24, 2009

6 by Ex2 »»
May 27, 2009 4:23 PM

» Funimation survey

Radix - May 20, 2009

0 by Radix »»
May 20, 2009 6:18 PM

» Summer 09 animu list

Radix - May 1, 2009

4 by KuonjiAlice »»
May 6, 2009 6:56 PM

» Someone recommnd me anime to watch

NowItsAngeTime - Jan 30, 2009

5 by Ex2 »»
Apr 24, 2009 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.