Forum Settings
Forums

Itt: post when you finish or start a manga or anime

New
Feb 11, 2009 5:47 PM
Jan 2009
I finished Ouran High School Host Club last night.

It actually managed to tie Higurashi in amazing anime.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 13, 2009 4:26 PM

Oct 2008
Today I finished Aria The Natural! I want to go roll a snowball but all the snow melted a few days ago.
Feb 14, 2009 4:42 PM
Jun 2008
^5 for finishing Aria the Natural. Such a great series. <3

I have a (fabulous) topic for this (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=8&topic=47058372), but I just finished The Big O and will be starting X (TV) shortly. Big O was kinda fun, but no Batman!
Feb 15, 2009 11:03 PM

Apr 2008
Just finished Spice and Wolf. It turned out better than I expected it to be. I also finally decided to start Aria the Natural
Feb 16, 2009 8:05 PM
Jan 2009
darkmac said:
^5 for finishing Aria the Natural. Such a great series. <3

I have a (fabulous) topic for this (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=8&topic=47058372), but I just finished The Big O and will be starting X (TV) shortly. Big O was kinda fun, but no Batman!

Holy crap I completely forgot about His and Her Circumstances/Kare Kano. I had spent like two hours trying to find it but never could on the site I looked on. I think it was due to the name.

Now that I will actually have free time, I must find it!... tomorrow!
Feb 18, 2009 12:09 PM
Jun 2008
Just finished X. Turned out to be rather more awesome than I expected. I've always wanted to watch a great epic fantasy anime full of awesome magic battles, and while X was a bit shorter than I would've liked, that just made it more jam packed with awesome.

Planning on watching Story of Saiunkoku next, since the second season's finally finished being subbed.
Feb 18, 2009 8:57 PM
Sep 2008
Finished up Ryoko's Case Files. Decent, but the last arc wasn't so good

Caught up with the Skip Beat manga. All kinds of win there. Shame it doesn't seem to be that popular :/

Next I'm probably gonna finish up Maid Guy
Feb 19, 2009 1:53 PM
Jan 2009
Watched the first Kara no Kyoukai movie yesterday. Oh gooodddddddd Shiki is badass when she dons her red jacket.

I also started ef - a tale of memories and 5cm per second. First has the capacity for epicness since I'm a sucker for a character with recurring amnesia and the second looks depressing enough for my tastes!

Will also start Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and the second KnK movie later. Tonight looks awesome.
Mar 12, 2009 6:32 PM

Oct 2008
As my post which has vanished into void of the internet stated I started watching Planetes. I have since finished watching Planetes. It was very good. I think I'm going to watch that mermaid thing that I don't remember the name of well enough to just type it out. Seto no Hamamamasomething.
Mar 14, 2009 5:17 PM
Mar 2009
Started NHK today.

...Finished it today as well.

Um.
Mar 14, 2009 8:36 PM
Jun 2008
Finished Hunter x Hunter...which I mentioned starting in my last post (grr Story of Saiunkoku/Jigoku Shoujo/Chrono Crusade are all gone). Was a solid series, but started really slow and wasn't the best shounen out there.

Started Junjou Romantica. This is...quite something. All the physical content is a bit o_O, and the same is true of the crazy number of tsunderes. The romance is quite good so far, though.
Mar 16, 2009 8:49 AM

Jan 2009
Finished Fruits Basket

gonna have to read the manga for the rest of the story now..
I'm just a big visual novel fan but have also watched quite a bit of anime and played a bunch of games. Avatar is Mashiro from Making*Lovers and Kotori from Rewrite.
Mar 17, 2009 3:18 PM
Jun 2008
Finished Junjou Romantica. Was a very enjoyable romance series despite(?) teh gayness. Great characters, and great plot development. ^_^

Started Crest/Banner of the Stars. Awesome space/political series with great characters and a fantastic setting. Lafiel and Jinto's travels kinda remind me of Spice and Wolf at times. Definitely recommended to sci-fi fans.
Mar 17, 2009 4:40 PM

Apr 2008
Finished up Kaiba, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and Aria the Natural recently. I didn't enjoy Kaiba too much; Captain Tylor was also disappointing. However, Aria the Natural was great. I felt like it was a definite improvement over the first season, and I'm looking forward to the Origination.

Glad to see you enjoying Crest/Banner of the Stars.
Mar 21, 2009 12:49 AM
Jun 2008
I didn't like the Banner series quite as much as Crest. The character development wasn't as strong, the last two didn't have enough focus on Lafiel, and the whole feel was somewhat different, plus there were a few lame characters introduced (what's up Bebaus brothers)

I watched Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team after that. Was pretty generic and boring, with lame characters, an uninspired plot, and poor action. Not nearly as good as War in the Pocket.
Mar 23, 2009 9:54 AM
Jun 2008
Didn't mention it earlier, but I started (and now finished) Mnemosyne. It was a very enjoyable show, with some great action and fun characters. The way the technology advanced throughout the series was very cool, and kinda reminded me of GitS or Dennou Coil at times.

Also started Fantastic Children. I wish I knew this was also about immortals before starting it after Mnemosyne >_<. The plot moves really slowly, and I dislike every character (except maybe Thoma). The mystery is laid on so thick that I can't bring myself to care about anything.
Mar 24, 2009 3:41 AM
Mar 2009
Finished Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen. Rated it an 8.

The politics were a bit hard for me to get a hold of because of all the Japanese. Maybe if there was more time, but in the 2 episodes that the war was talked about, I never really got a great grasp of what was going on.

Act 3 may have been my favorite, watching Kenshin grow into the man he ends up being in the anime is pretty cool.

Act 4 wasn't quite as intense or emotional as I hoped for, but it was still quite good.

Action is kickass of course. That was well worth watching, and a good way to take a small break from Monster.
Mar 25, 2009 5:20 PM
Jun 2008
Fantastic Children's characters didn't really get any better. Was a lame show to the end, though it improved at least a little after revealing the mystery.

Also watched Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Was solid and relaxing in an Aria-style manner, but inferior in every way.

Also started Toradora! Solid romance and funny comedy. Not totally amazing, but quite smile-inducing.
Mar 26, 2009 1:18 AM
Mar 2009
Started Baccano.

Episode 1 was all like, WTF clusterfuck, this show sucks.

Episode 2 was "sweet". I'm already starting to like it, lots of great characetrs, and it looks like the good stuff is about to start!
Mar 26, 2009 6:13 PM

Oct 2008
Finished Seto no Hanayome. A lot like Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (and I think the reason I watched it was because it caught my eye in the KKN user recs, so go figure) but without the bizarrely traumatic back stories for all the characters.

Gonna finish off Code Goose next. Been watching the dub on CN but they keep taking these month-long breaks and I can barely remember to watch when it's on every week so I'll just get it done with now. Just have the last 11 episodes of R2 to go.

Probably start watching Aria the Origination as well and finish up in about two weeks.
Mar 26, 2009 10:52 PM
Mar 2009
Finished Monster, 8/10.
Mar 27, 2009 7:03 PM
Jun 2008
Finished Toradora. Disappointed with the end, and the story got kinda wonky at times, but it gave me nice feelings 'til the end. ^_^

Started Revolutionary Girl Utena. This show is seriously worth watching for the soundtrack alone. I've never heard anything quite so ridiculously epic and badass before in an anime. The rest of the show is great too.
Mar 30, 2009 5:39 AM
Mar 2009
Finished Baccano! 9/10

Also, I'm close to done with Kaiji.

From there, I should be watching the Baccano OVA and Mobile Suit Gundam, first TV series.
Mar 30, 2009 3:43 PM

Mar 2009
Ok I finished quite a few anime recently:

Clannad: After Story- I thought it was excellent, of course I haven't really seen many drama shows, so it was quite new to me. Of course I haven't seen the real final episode since it's just a recap, but I'm going to wait until the wide-screen version is out so it sort of seems new to me >_>

The Tower of Druaga -The Sword of Uruk- It was alright, it had its serious and funny moments that were sometimes good or bad....until it reached the ending, WTF was that all about?

Gundam 00- It was only the 2nd Gundam series that I watched, but it was pretty damn good.

Oh and I've been reading this manga called Mirai Nikki (it'll be called Future Diary when it's brought to the US)
I'm not sure how to describe it other than saying that it's about a group of 12 people going through a "game" where to they have to find and kill each other and the last person standing becomes god. While some of them help each other first to progress, like there's this murderous stalker girl that has this creepy love for the main guy.
So anyone wanting a thriller to read should give it a try.
WhiteLensMar 30, 2009 4:17 PM
Mar 31, 2009 8:29 AM
Jun 2008
Finished Utena and watched the Adolescence Apocalypse movie (great name or greatest name?). Utena was fantastic to the end, with a wonderful ending, and the movie was chock full of brilliant symbolism that was quite fun to try and figure out (don't watch it before watching the series, though.

Started on Soul Eater. Solid show with some great action so far, but I'm not digging the comedy.
Apr 2, 2009 12:21 AM

Feb 2009
Just finished Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya for my second time. Loved every moment.

Also started Welcome to NHK. Holy **** it's ridiculous. Can't wait to see what happens.
Apr 3, 2009 6:14 PM

Oct 2008
Finished Code Goose, Hayate, StrikerS, Spice and Wolf, and Maria Holic recently.

Didn't post them before, but previously finished After Story, Toradora, and Gundam 00 as well.

Whew.
Apr 3, 2009 8:09 PM
Jun 2008
Finished Soul Eater. Second half was disappointing, even the fights.

Started Natsume Yuujinchou. Nice, calming series. Kinda gives the same feeling of Aria, though there's more conflict.
Apr 7, 2009 7:49 AM

Mar 2009
Finished:

Soul Eater- I thought it was pretty good, the action was rather nice and it had a ton of funny moments.

Maria+Holic- It's all about a girl and her yuri fantasies....which also involves a sadistic trap, I love how the style of the animation was the same as Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

Started:

Fullmetal Alchemist- I don't think I need to explain on this one.

K-ON!- Usual Moeblob stuff that KyoAni produces that I tend to watch anyways, this time it deals with music.

Queens Blade- WTF is with this show? I'm not sure how much I want to watch out of it, but the only reason to watch it is to see how over-the-top they can get with the female body.

Shangri-La- About environment economy with a 18-year old girl that looks like a loli who wrecks stuff by throwing a boomerang, oh and there's transsexuals thrown in there. Yeah...not sure how much I'm going to watch on this either.
Apr 7, 2009 3:31 PM

Oct 2008
Oh yeah, new season stuff.

K-ON, Shangri-La, Hayate, Valkyira Chronicles.

I suppose I'll watch those Kara no Kyoukai movies I've been seeing so much talk about on B8. And by "so much talk" I mean a handful posts in one thread, I think.
Apr 8, 2009 5:37 PM
Jun 2008
Pft, KnK gets talk in plenty of topics. The VN topic, my anime topic, Destoyer's anime topic, LtM's topic about them...

Finished Natsume Yuujinchou. I liked it, but it would've been better if the protagonist didn't suck so much ass.

Started Yakitate!! Japan. Pretty funny show, though the serious moments knock it down a bit.

Also started RahXephon with a friend. Boring stuff so far, with lame mysteries, a terrible protagonist, and mediocre action (I expect much better animation from Bones). Mediocre Eva ripoff sounds about right.
Apr 9, 2009 5:29 AM
Jan 2009
Started FMA2, K-ON!, and Cross Game.

Right now... Cross Game > FMA2 > K-ON!
Apr 14, 2009 5:20 PM
Jun 2008
Finished a few shows:

Yakitate!! was solidly funny to the end, though the last arc was a little meh. Recommended if you love puns.

RahXephon was solidly meh to the end. The mystery being revealed was nice, and Mishima's development was awesome, but it wasn't great other than that.

Also watched Samurai Champloo (check out my review!...and rate it Helpful! >_>). The action was fantastic, and it was pretty funny too.
Apr 16, 2009 2:15 PM

Apr 2009
Started a bunch of new anime - True Mazinger, 07 Ghost, Valkyria Chronicles and the best new anime since Gurren Lagann, Sengoku Basara.

So much manliness it's contagious <_<
Apr 17, 2009 7:44 AM
Jun 2008
Another few shows:

Ghost Hunt had a very cool atmosphere and some neat psychic stuff, but the characters were pretty light and the show kinda lacked substance.

Aline Nine was an awesome little four episode OVA, even though it had the most cowardly protagonist ever. Some neat ideas in there.

Started Ichigo Mashimaro as well. Not as funny as I hoped, but that might improve later on.
Apr 17, 2009 7:42 PM

Jan 2009
Finished Digimon Savers/Data Squad (haha)

As my Anime List sucks I'm thinking of starting an anime that's in my contest... choosing between TTGL, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, and Haruhi
I'm just a big visual novel fan but have also watched quite a bit of anime and played a bunch of games. Avatar is Mashiro from Making*Lovers and Kotori from Rewrite.
Apr 18, 2009 1:25 PM
Jun 2008
TTGL TTGL TTGL TTGL

Don't watch FMA, just wait to watch the new series.

Finished Ichigo Mashimaro. Was meh to the end. Definitely the worst Slice of Life series I've seen.

Started Ergo Proxy. Cool show with a neat atmosphere so far, but the pacing's slowed down a little since the exciting first couple episodes, and it's better when Re-l is the protagonist rather than Vincent.
Apr 22, 2009 7:46 PM

Apr 2009
Just finished Minami-ke Okaeri. Better than the second reason but not as good as the first.
"Those whose memories fade seek to carve them in their hearts..."
"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
Apr 23, 2009 6:14 PM
Jan 2009
I'm watching the Kara no Kyoukai movies. Gonna start watching the 4th shortly. They're good so far.
Apr 26, 2009 7:54 PM
Jun 2008
Whoa watched lots since I posted here lots.

Ergo Proxy slowed down in the second half, but Re-l's greatness and the atmosphere and storytelling methods kept it afloat.

Paradise Kiss - Brilliant romance. Started slow, but the way the main managed her life and everything else was realistic but highly entertaining.

Ayakashi - Not nearly as good as Mononoke, though the last arc was very cool.

She and Her Cat - 4 minutes of cat-loving fun. Definitely watch if you like cats.

La Maison en Petits Cubes - Slow start, but the cubes were pretty touching.

Fist of the North Star - Watching now. Watching Kenshiro tear everyone's shit apart is good times, but it's starting to get just a little repetitive, and the scenes where Kenshiro isn't killing people aren't as good.
May 2, 2009 6:26 PM
Jun 2008
Finished FotNS. Entertaining fights to the end, and Raoh made for a solid villain. More shounen protagonists need to be like Kenshiro.

Also watched the Today in Class 5-2 OVA. Was pretty funny, but lot a little too focused on fanservice toward the end.

Started Nadia (Secret of Blue Water) as well. It's pretty charming, but the animation is oddly worse than FotNS's, and there's not enough focus on the Nautilus.
May 6, 2009 1:54 PM
Feb 2009
Started reading Monster
May 10, 2009 12:06 PM

Jan 2009
As I promised, i started watching Rurouni Kenshin thanks to the Anime Contest winner (Tsuikohen). However people recommneded I at least watched up to the end of the second season or ep 62 or somethin before watchin the OVA first
May 12, 2009 10:21 PM

Apr 2009
Just started watching Basquash! because it was getting compared to TTGL, much like Sengoku Basara. I'm not seeing it so far, up to the second episode the main character is completely unlikeable.
May 17, 2009 6:49 PM
Jun 2008
Bunch of stuff to add, will use quick points

Nadia - Middle was blah (Nadia way too bitchy) but the ending was excellent.

.hack//SIGN - Awesome music, unique atmosphere, great character development, awe-inspiring ending. Just a fantastic series in general.

Kamichama Karin - Not as good as other magical girl series I've seen. Characters and plot were meh, especially towards the end.

Gundam 00 - Greatest Gundam. Second season was a bit of a letdown, but the ending was great, and the first season was phenomenal. Very cool characters and plot.

Tenchi-Muyo Ryo-Ohki OVA 1 - Blah harem comedy. Not funny, characters uninspired, weak action, etc.

Outlaw Star - Good start, but got too episodic.

Dai Mahou Touge - Funny magical girl parody with some very entertaining characters. If you liked Dokuro-chan, you'd love this.

Genshiken - Didn't really like the characters or plot that much. The first season was funny, but once it got serious it got bad.
May 20, 2009 7:20 PM

Oct 2008
Oh geez what have I watched since I posted.

Kara no Kyoukai movies (good)
Genshiken + OVA (good)
Haruhi-chan + Churuya-san (good)
To Aru Majutsu no Index (not good)
Strike Witches (good)
Zero no Tsukaima + sequels (decent)
NGE + EoE (good until last two episodes, which are probably the worst two episodes of anything I have ever seen in my entire life; just can't over how awful of an ending that was I mean holy shit; EoE was good, though)

Picked up Cross Game, Eden of the East and Hetalia as well.
Jun 1, 2009 8:02 PM

Apr 2009
Finished watching Spice and Wolf
"Those whose memories fade seek to carve them in their hearts..."
"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
Jun 26, 2009 9:27 PM
Apr 2009
Starting Clannad After Story.
Jul 29, 2009 11:37 PM

Jan 2009
Just started reading the Naruto manga since the anime's moving too damn slow. This is tons better though. Not all the crap filler it had. >_>
Jul 30, 2009 9:55 AM

Jan 2009
Yeah the Naruto anime got boring when Shippuden started

manga's the way to go!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Nominations for best Anime/Manga character!

NowItsAngeTime - Aug 9, 2009

0 by NowItsAngeTime »»
Aug 9, 2009 1:11 PM

» Fushigi no Umi no Nadia! (Nadia The Secret of Blue Water)

Ex2 - Apr 24, 2009

6 by Ex2 »»
May 27, 2009 4:23 PM

» Funimation survey

Radix - May 20, 2009

0 by Radix »»
May 20, 2009 6:18 PM

» Summer 09 animu list

Radix - May 1, 2009

4 by KuonjiAlice »»
May 6, 2009 6:56 PM

» Someone recommnd me anime to watch

NowItsAngeTime - Jan 30, 2009

5 by Ex2 »»
Apr 24, 2009 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.