Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 5, 3:56 AM
Dec 2020
I will say it's kind of an isekai, ofcourse this is not reincarnation, since Frieren travel 1000 year She basically in a different world , Spoiler (as some other anime of Goddess(religion/followers)
Jul 5, 5:19 AM

Feb 2023
I think I would even prefer it being an isekai. There is no actual need for a protagonist from another world, I just want it to be some sort of magically created alternative universe.

The way the world is this intentionally generic fantasy where the Demon King is slain by the "hero", with the hero sword in a stone, dungeons, treasure chests, spell books and monsters everywhere, it already feels very artificial like it's an RPG that has become real. Having some justification for why the world is this way would have probably made it more rounded to me.

It's not an isekai, but if it was then my primary candidates for coming from another world would be either Himmel or Stark. If I had to chose, I'd go with Himmel and have him still die in the first episode.
Jul 5, 5:29 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Cielord
@JayTCU

Say someone who don't even know what isekai is on a anime forum.
@Cielord I think he was referring to the guy you replied to you, just guessing.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 5, 5:45 AM

Jan 2021
Zarutaku said:

Huh, I see.

@JayTCU
If that's what you meant then sorry i guess.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jul 5, 5:46 AM
Apr 2023
Cielord said:
Zarutaku said:

Huh, I see.

@JayTCU

No clue what you’re on about.
Jul 5, 5:52 AM
Apr 2024
It will make 0 sense if frieren was isekaid, haven't watched too far to say about other characters anything
Jul 5, 6:13 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to JayTCU
Cielord said:
Zarutaku said:

Huh, I see.

@JayTCU

No clue what you’re on about.
@JayTCU

MrUnchained219 said:
In my opinion, Frieren is an Isekai... I mean hero parties, Demon Lords, magic spells, I mean elves and dwarves... what more do you need?

Cielord said:
Your "opinion" is factually wrong.

JayTCU said:
The guys brain is rot. No hope.

Cielord said:
@JayTCU
Say someone who don't even know what isekai is on a anime forum.

That's the chain of events here.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jul 5, 6:48 AM

Oct 2014
I think it would depend on who's the one being isekai'd. Frieren would be a weird choice since it would have to be a Slime 300 situation where we only meet her long after she'd been isekai'd, at which point she would be so culturally assimilated it would be irrelevant that she had once come from another world, and also the point in time that she had grown up on earth wouldn't be relatable to us. Himmel being the isekai'd one also wouldn't really change anything since we only see Himmel's story from Frieren's point of view and I think he probably would have acted roughly the same.

Fern or Stark being from our world could work, though. Fern would have been more mature when we first met her if she had been a teen or adult when she got isekai'd and I think it would definitely change the story but not dramatically enough to kill the appeal nor for that to be the missing piece that would bring in all the isekai fans. Same thing with Stark. For both of them I think having experience in two different worlds would help them out and give them an interesting view on things but most of the storyline would still play out roughly the same.

With any of the other characters, them coming from another world would realistically just be an irrelevant factoid that changes literally nothing.
Jul 5, 8:30 AM
white angel

Feb 2024
It's no good for Frieren to be isekai, it's a very different story. But it could be a very hot yuri all the way. "I put a spell on you..."

If it must be isekai, I can only see it as Übel isekai. She is literally the only character who doesn't play some very shallow script. All other characters look like NPCs to me, I can't see how any of them can be isekai-ed without a major changes to their personalities/backgrounds, that would be a completely different show.

Apart from the plot integrity concern, I don't have any bias against isekai in general, only against some implementations.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jul 5, 12:16 PM
Jun 2024
Yes but less so. I not a fan of the issekai thing i want my fantasy worlds completly detached
Jul 5, 2:40 PM

Dec 2022
futarisaison said:
but isn’t frieren.. literally an isekai..?

It’s “native isekai” according to 4chan /a/ lmao
Jul 9, 11:20 AM
Apr 2021
Well would depend on who is isekai'd. if its Frieren, then I don't think it would be the same, since Frieren's whole "struggle" is that she has too much time and so wasn't able to fully appretiate the fleeting but important moments. If she was an isekai'd human from regural world that struggle and turmoil would not exist, since she already would have a perspective on human life. They could still tell a compelling story sure, but it wouldn't be the same.

Maybe Fern could work, but then again it'll be a different story since perspective would shift to Fern's.
Jul 9, 11:02 PM
Apr 2020
Huh? What? How would one even go about making this an isekai? The mc is more than a thousand years old how would this work?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» S2 has not been greenlit. IP is not promising. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Okeanix - Jul 27

178 by aurora_yuuki »»
5 hours ago

» Does this show get so good? ( 1 2 )

DiabloMask - Oct 1

55 by Elcal_voconcapa »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2023

245 by NillyPC »»
Today, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

331 by NillyPC »»
Today, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

256 by NillyPC »»
Today, 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.