Forum Settings
Forums

If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 26, 4:29 PM
Mar 2017
Some series regardless of themes I think benefit from being more niche than popular. Not just for the sake of social media overblowing it or average people.

Less questioning of them, they also suit a niche audience anyway due to what they present of content or the subject matter. I prefer niches anyways. The amount of trash in many mediums that get popular is just sigh worthy and even then many niche ones that could be popular enough flop anyway so like it matters why risk it or aim too high.

I mean I watch some popular enough shows in an anime audience popularity way not mainstream and I never engage with the communities on them not really anyway, very rarely to not at all even knowing their thoughts on a series I just enjoy it in my own way instead, maybe see a few reviews/comments but otherwise that's it, no interest and I also just don't think it's worth seeing anyway.

More niche it's just nice to enjoy it without anything to comment on it/blow it out of proportion, it getting shut down or anything else and just it being enjoyable for what it offers wholesome, dark or otherwise without a care if it gets popular.

Some do deserve support and do flop especially for an overseas audience that would support it but it didn't get support in Japan so it's dead and the manga picks it up of finishing but we have to digitally read it as they don't care to allow us to support it over here anyways.

Unless the manga fails or others fail or the anime original fails but those haven't pretty sure.

While others need to be underground. Depends on the series, on the content, some need support, others too particular of fantasies, or dark stuff or so can stay underground.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Why is Japan Afraid of Realism in Anime? ( 1 2 )

TheSunLife - Sep 23

61 by Dienen »»
3 minutes ago

» Are there any cute boys doing cute things anime?

Mattenan - 45 minutes ago

5 by TransferUser »»
7 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

690 by RuRivulet »»
16 minutes ago

» What Anime is boring to you ( 1 2 )

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 24

55 by duchessliz87 »»
43 minutes ago

» Do we need more cooking scenes in anime?

SgtBateMan - Jul 17

32 by DinoNo1 »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.