Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 28, 2023 8:13 PM

Jun 2019
Mirabem said:
WatchTillTandava said:
I watched (or am still watching) three completely new series (Tousouchuu: Great Mission, Aiyou de Mishi, and Tengoku Daimakyou) and watched continuations in the forms of the second seasons of Vinland Saga, Mahoutsukai no Yome, and Birdie Wing.
What do you think of Aiyou de Mishi so far?
I don't know if it's because I'm starved for thrillers as it's my favorite genre and there's a serious dearth of them, but that won it automatic starting points since it's a mystery thriller and we don't get enough of those. Beyond that, it also has a different type of feel which I find difficult to place my finger on, and not just because it's Chinese and a donghua. I think it's because of the mixture of characters and setting. I feel like it's another rare thing that we get a small group of working age adult characters from an office/company in a modern urban city setting, let alone ones involving being ensnared by or having to solve crimes or mysteries or where the line is blurred between regular human activities and something inexplicable afoot. Also, even beyond the halfway point of the season, I can't tell if this is intended to be something like a one-shot one season series that's going to be just like a long film or something they're going to try to make a larger and longer ongoing story with.

So I like it and it appeals to me for the reasons I stated, but I also feel like because of its nature as a mystery series somewhat cryptic about its point that it's one of those shows you won't really know its worth and value, how you feel about it, and what it's even really fully about until basically the end.

As an aside, this is relatively minor, but I wish the English subbing for Chinese-language series was always as consistent and polished as that for Japanese-language series for which there obviously seems a larger pool of both hired professional staff and "amateur" fansubbers on hand.

WatchTillTandavaJun 28, 2023 8:48 PM
Jun 28, 2023 8:21 PM

Oct 2018
RaiYou said:
Oshi no Ko is my favorite anime of this season, although I expected it to be 12 episodes in the first place. :)

Well, Oshi no Ko didn't officially have 12 episodes, but the runtime ended up being longer than 12 episodes.
The first "episode" (which is a movie) had the runtime of 4 or 5 episodes.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 28, 2023 8:50 PM
May 2020
Ok my top 5 for the season:
1. Golden Kamuy Season 4
2. Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2
3. Skip to Loafer
4. Tengoku Daimakyou
5. Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers
Jun 28, 2023 8:54 PM
Jun 2019
Kamikatsu if we're not counting sequels.

If we are, then Dr. Stone S3
Jun 28, 2023 10:18 PM

Nov 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
Mirabem said:
What do you think of Aiyou de Mishi so far?
I feel like because of its nature as a mystery series somewhat cryptic about its point that it's one of those shows you won't really know its worth and value, how you feel about it, and what it's even really fully about until basically the end.
I strangely feel quite the same; it's true it might be my favorite of the season (although I follow only a few anyway), but its overall value will be heavily tied to the way the mystery finally and fully unfolds during the climax/conclusion (if it's any conclusive). And that's because I feel every inch of progress made only keeps revealing more alternatives or assumptions rather than just a small, but at least obvious part of the answer like in most mystery series. Not that I'm complaining about this peculiar storytelling, just prepared for it to be extremely zealous (whether reckless or not is a matter for another day) in the resolution of this story's thrilling oddities. Thanks for sharing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

34 by LoveLikeBlood »»
31 seconds ago

» 6+ Rating or Higher Anime that you don't remember

JaaShooUhh - 10 hours ago

4 by Mayahuel »»
49 minutes ago

» Anime fans ,how do u feel about slice of life anime???

Animystics - Yesterday

33 by ZXEAN »»
53 minutes ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

13 by Kwanthemaster »»
2 hours ago

» What Anime has the most genres & themes?

Zarutaku - Jun 11

10 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.