Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 1, 2023 1:01 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to HigherLvLThinker
iGotIceInMyRice said:
Ok never mind I’m the dumb ass because you sorted “garbage” in dropped even when you finished it instead of just giving it a rating, and keeping it in complete like a normal person but that’s your way of sorting. Then your favorites in on hold. So you’re telling me Sonny Boy, like yeah it was good but confusing as shit, so tell me every single detail fully explained. It just seems like you’re trying to be philosophical and all of that but you just come off as someone who is trying so hard to be intellectual about “writing”. At of all the good you’ve watched, there is one that you gave a lower score than March comes in like lion and that’s Houseki no Kuni. Maybe the anime didn’t adapt enough, I don’t remember enough but the overall story is far better.
When it comes to both favourites and shit in my list, rapt value is also taken into account (All the Anime in On-Hold are equal)

There is no reason for you to be assailed by my idiosyncratic modus operandi of discerning things
@Faxtually_Stoned please talk like a normal human
Oct 1, 2023 9:26 PM
Dec 2018
Reply to Blueberry173
@BigDaddyTuesday puck and emilia, felix and crusch, beatrice and subaru are not romantic relationships at all wtf
@Blueberry173 then remove the word romantic from what I said and my point stands. Nearly every relationship in the show in romantic and servant/master terms can be reduced to the same trope.
Oct 1, 2023 10:37 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to BigDaddyTuesday
@Blueberry173 then remove the word romantic from what I said and my point stands. Nearly every relationship in the show in romantic and servant/master terms can be reduced to the same trope.
@BigDaddyTuesday not really, nearly every relationship is fleshed out and is varying, if you reduce it to "x loves y so will do anything for them" that will literally be like, almost all of the deep relationships irl, or in fiction, idk why a character loving someone is somehow a bad thing? (Not necessarily romance)

Emilia and subaru's relationship is developed really greatly in arc 5 and 6 (s3)
Wilhelm and theresia's relationship is just one of the best in the story while being really unique aswell
Subaru and beatrice's relationship is just pure goodness and probably the best subaru has
Garfield and ram aren't even that big of a thing for it to be termed as an obsession
Felix for crusch and julius for anastasia are extremely respectable knight-master relations
Subaru and otto are the best homies
I can go on and on because love is a huge aspect of this show and its done really greatly.

The only "obsessive simping" relationships are ram for roswaal and roswaal for echidna, if you say that's the whole cast, the entire point of the story just went over your head i suggest you introspect about it because majority of the relationships aren't obsessive simping at all and you are boiling down the cast to fit into whatever fucked box of imagination you created.

Not to mention, these characters have shown selfishness more than enough times to give them depth outside of these relationships.
Blueberry173Oct 1, 2023 10:47 PM
Oct 2, 2023 7:47 PM

Mar 2021
1. Series too long. Tappei expects his series to get adapted twice as long aot but had a fraction of resources. It redu es rewatchability since good foreshadowing needs an endgoal in sight earlier.

2. Gore for cheap shock factor. Repeat this too many times and it gets old which tappei is doing for later arcs. He is not using stuff like themes, foreshadowing. If he wants a 200 episode series, people are going to get tired of it.

3. Poorly written finales through bs power up fights vs climactic reveals that get talk going.
Oct 5, 2023 11:56 PM
Jan 2021
The weakest point is easily emilia. Why does every arc have to revolve around her shes not really that interesting of a character. The author forgot that the main was supposed to be Subaru and not his wish fulfillment white hair fetish waifu creation

Season 2 was trash after a great season 1 and season 3 looking to get even worse than season 2 sadly
Like bro if you love emilia(or white haired anime bitches in general) so much dont make a manga just draw some hentai for yourself or some shit. Nothing against white haired waifus but make them actually look good like origami or siesta
CryptorulerOct 6, 2023 12:02 AM
Oct 6, 2023 1:50 AM

Aug 2018
the characters. they're all so obnoxious. the story is bogged down with their silly antics and "tragic" backstories.
Oct 6, 2023 3:11 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to epidemia78
the characters. they're all so obnoxious. the story is bogged down with their silly antics and "tragic" backstories.
@epidemia78 max clannad fan
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Oct 6, 2023 3:29 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to Okeanix
@epidemia78 max clannad fan
@Okeanix

the big difference is that Clannad is actually funny and charming
Oct 7, 2023 1:41 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to epidemia78
@Okeanix

the big difference is that Clannad is actually funny and charming
@epidemia78 It isn't, move on. Your favorite Nagisa is basically an NPC character.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Oct 8, 2023 1:35 AM
Mar 2023
I hate the story, plain characters, no development and more.
Oct 8, 2023 4:21 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to Okeanix
@epidemia78 It isn't, move on. Your favorite Nagisa is basically an NPC character.
@Okeanix

You wanna fight about this? Ok, lets go!

First of all, ReZero and Clannad are like apples and oranges. One is a drama/comedy. It's a show about people simply living their lives. Period.

The other is ostensibly a fantasy adventure in the vein of LOTR...but it's also a harem and a comedy and a thriller and a battle shounen and... well, Re:Zero has no idea what it's trying to be and it's obvious the author is just making shit up as he goes with no plan in mind. And that's why it's padded to the brim with a lot of cringey attempts at characterization instead of like, you know...advancing the plot. instead get cringey backstories for characters nobody in their right mind even cares about like Garfield, Otto and that ridiculous warrior butler dude.

Also it's kinda ironic you call Nagisa an NPC when Emilia is the most boring anime girl ever. Tappei or whatever his name is keeps trying so very hard to force us all to like her but since he sucks so bad at writing people, it's been an epic fail.

Nagisa might not be anything flashy but after all, she's just a regular girl, not a psychotic demon maid or a half elf ice witch...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» There will be a Season 3 Part 2 / Season 4. ( 1 2 )

Okeanix - Sep 6

50 by Profat »»
Sep 22, 11:57 AM

» Subaru's mom is the Witch of Envy (Crazy Fan Theory)

CautiousShadow - Sep 12

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 20, 7:22 AM

Poll: » About FAL "Fantasy Anime League" Fall 2024

AbhinavAnge - Sep 16

14 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
Sep 19, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Novel readers, do you hate Liliana?

0451 - Sep 16

11 by Okeanix »»
Sep 18, 1:34 PM

» What is the reason you're (still) watching Re:Zero? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Mar 27

97 by WataryAndrian »»
Sep 18, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.