Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 11, 2023 1:36 AM
Jun 2022
Why do you believe farming is “irrelevant” to the plot?

What do you think is “poor” and “forced” about the drama?

What do you dislike about the “entry level” philosophy?

What do you find “cringe” about the character development?
Apr 11, 2023 1:51 AM
Feb 2021
Brilliantly written character development and coming of age story, a man forced forced to face his past failures, mistakes and trauma. A lot of symbolism tied in with the act of farming (the literal act of creating the very foundation of what gave rise to civilization), and the relationship with Einar one which forced Thorfinn to confront the very face of what he had destroyed over and over again in the prior season.

I don’t mean to bag on OP, he’s probably a young teen, but this is why I don’t often engage in threads on MAL. It feels like it’s mostly young kids engaging in them.
Apr 11, 2023 1:52 AM
Jul 2020
It's just different compared to S1, but it's still amazing imo.
Apr 11, 2023 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
SHUT UP you're completely wrong about everything you said
Apr 11, 2023 1:56 AM
Sep 2022
One piss fanboy detected, opinion rejected
Apr 11, 2023 2:05 AM
Jan 2021
Its funny if people think that this is slow, then they never watch some other anime like monster for example, which is a real good anime.
Apr 11, 2023 2:07 AM

Mar 2021
two words: character development. but of course you don't know about that; you watch one piece after all.
Apr 11, 2023 2:36 AM

Nov 2021
You're out of your mind
Apr 11, 2023 2:37 AM
Apr 2023
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
>poor pacing and too much time waste on farming which is irrelevent to the plot.

>poor and forced drama 

>unlike season 1, which was mature and drama was natural, this season is immature with its entry level philosophy, aimed at teens and young adults not "actual adults".

>cringe character development of thorfinn and other major characters.

what's your thought?
lmaoooo one shit fan talking about poor pacing and cringe XD
Apr 11, 2023 2:38 AM
Apr 2023
From you pfp is quiet easy to understand most luffy fans are as smart as luffy(not all though).
But i wanna help you to enjoy the show, so i’m gonna give you something you obviously need.
Apr 11, 2023 2:45 AM

Feb 2021
One piss boy detected, opinion rejected.
Apr 11, 2023 2:46 AM
Dec 2020
Vinland saga S2 is not for him , it's just as simple as that and people can say It's not for you but most of the people in thread are criticizing him because of his taste.
It's very clear he doesn't like this type of content so why are these people just being shithead and moron.
Apr 11, 2023 2:51 AM

Feb 2016
The Farmland Arc is a crucial plot point for Thorfinn. I've seen many people saying it's a disappointment due to the lack of action or Askeladd. 
Apr 11, 2023 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
EVERYTHING you said is COMPLETELY WRONG
Apr 11, 2023 3:09 AM
Apr 2023
Im enjoying it. Its slower for sure and isnt as good as s1 to me (yet) but all these people crying like babies saying you need an 'adult' brain to enjoy it are ammusing to me as you would think it would require an 'adult' brain to not lose your shit over OP's comment yet most of them have done nothing but cry that someone doesnt love Vinland s2.
Apr 11, 2023 3:11 AM

Jul 2020
it's like 10 times better than season 1
Apr 11, 2023 3:13 AM

Aug 2021
this season really separates the kids from real men
Apr 11, 2023 3:15 AM
Apr 2023
27thEiffel said:

Yes, all these 'real men' crying that someone doesnt like s2. Dont get me wrong, I like s2 but it doesnt seperate anyone from anyone. Its just a taste thing.
Apr 11, 2023 3:18 AM
Mar 2022
absolutely not! This season is amazing
Apr 11, 2023 3:20 AM

Aug 2021
Enigma98111 said:
27thEiffel said:

Yes, all these 'real men' crying that someone doesnt like s2. Dont get me wrong, I like s2 but it doesnt seperate anyone from anyone. Its just a taste thing.
the meatriding is craaaaazyyyyy, go lick this one piss boy's shoes and meatride him more
Apr 11, 2023 3:21 AM
Dec 2021
hoiw can farming be irrelevant to the plot?

you sbould stick to naruto, blue lock, kny and stuff like that. Leave anime for grown man to grown man.
Apr 11, 2023 3:21 AM
Apr 2023
27thEiffel said:
Enigma98111 said:

the meatriding is craaaaazyyyyy, go lick this one piss boy's shoes and meatride him more

A 'real' mans response. 😂😂
Apr 11, 2023 3:28 AM

Aug 2021
Enigma98111 said:
27thEiffel said:

sorry, can't hear you over the sound of your ass clapping to one piss boy's glock
Apr 11, 2023 3:29 AM

Jan 2021
I am just glad VInland Saga 2 is gonna filter out this types of people, Then the Majority of the remainers will be the ones who likes VInland Saga for what is is,  Its A solid drama that explains and explores the ideology of passifism..
TaifSuxApr 11, 2023 3:38 AM
Apr 11, 2023 3:32 AM
Apr 2023
27thEiffel said:
Enigma98111 said:

sorry, can't hear you over the sound of your ass clapping to one piss boy's glock

Some imaginative insults 👍👍. Imagine acting this childish while calling yourself a 'real man'. Fairly pathethic.
Apr 11, 2023 3:35 AM
Jun 2020
if you dont like the second season then you don’t understand the point of Vinland Saga
Apr 11, 2023 3:37 AM

Apr 2021
I came back and what the heck is going on here 😭.
This ain't a civil discussion no more
I love Monogatari Series
Pirate King

Oct 2022
kasai_koumori said:
if you dont like the second season then you don’t understand the point of Vinland Saga
what's the point of vinland saga? care to explain?
Jun 2020
if you dont like the second season, you dont understand the point of Vinland Saga
Apr 11, 2023 3:42 AM
Aug 2021
Bro I don't even care if you don't like it or not but anyone I ever see use "Mid(Insert rest of name of anime here)" opinions can go die in a fire even if you have your reasons (I do disagree with them but they are yours, mid(something something) is just a fucking annoying insult at this point even with shows I dislike it just feels so annoying)
Apr 11, 2023 3:43 AM
Jun 2020
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
kasai_koumori said:
what's the point of vinland saga? care to explain?
the show is based on real historic events, i recommend checking out interviews with the mangaka if you’re interested. the point of the show is complicated, the first season was really good with amazing fight scenes. the mangaka even said he maybe did it to good cuz the second season is so different and slower paced then the first. if you find it boring, just simply stop watching, its not that deep.
Apr 11, 2023 3:44 AM
Jun 2020
WiblurFootIA said:
Bro I don't even care if you don't like it or not but anyone I ever see use "Mid(Insert rest of name of anime here)" opinions can go die in a fire even if you have your reasons (I do disagree with them but they are yours, mid(something something) is just a fucking annoying insult at this point even with shows I dislike it just feels so annoying)
i totally agree, it’s just so childish
Apr 11, 2023 3:47 AM
Mar 2022
let me be honest... I didn't like Vinland saga s1 much all they did was run wage wars and run away from Thorkell and the last 7-8 ep of S1 is where i came to actually like it, I honestly had no expectations from S2 but the 1st cour of s2 was so damn good like literally throfinn inspired me to change and reborn as well I just caught up to the manga too... My god I just can't stop thinking about Vinland saga and keep learning life values as I change myself. A brilliant piece of animanga 10/10. People with action oriented tastes can never understand what this series wants to convey fr
Genki_weeb01Apr 11, 2023 3:54 AM
Apr 11, 2023 3:47 AM

Nov 2008
Yup.

Thorfinn's character growth was too heavy a load to carry for Yukimura's pen.

Instead of opting for an empathetic approach to the main-character's recovery, his wide range of struggles were diluted to the theme of guilt, and nothing beyond that.

The writer completely skips over the fact that Thorfinn is a humiliated, traumatized and grief-struck soul who has spent 10 years of his life on the battlefield in order to satisfy a quest for vengeance which failed as miserably as any quest ever managed to do.

Nope, it all comes down to "guilt", which is an unearned theme at that, because we've never seen Thorfinn kill an innocent character—ever.

The story's themes decide what Thorfinn's growth should look like, as he himself shows very little agency or personal perspective regarding his own life, and to top it off:

Yukimura decides that it's a good idea to have Thorfinn cop out of his suffering by making him have a dream which treats his wide range of issues as impersonally as possible, giving the main-character a 180 degree shift in personality, without exploring his humiliation, grief and failed quest for vengeance.

Thorfinn has never been more than a mere thematic device instead of an actual character, but it only became clear when Yukimura cheated himself out of a much needed realistic portrayal of Thorfinn's suffering, by making other characters (as well as dreams) do the work for him.

Then comes the tenth episode, and the story yet again skips over the main-character's growth by giving us a three year timeskip, and Thorfinn is now as happy as a person can be, which further points us to Yukimura's cowardly refusal to portray Thorfinn's character development with empathy, personal perspective and agency.

Thorfinn's growth is nothing compared to his father's decision to flee from violence by faking his own death, upon realizing how much human life is actually worth, after having a child with the woman he loves.

The impersonal, preachy, unearned and overly selfish bickering about "guilt" falls completely flat when we position it against Thors' methodology and perspectives.

Vinland Saga Season 2 sucks, and its pacing or lack of action is the absolute least of its problems.
Apr 11, 2023 4:13 AM
May 2020
so many languages and bro decided to speak nonsense ‼️🔥
Apr 11, 2023 4:22 AM
Oct 2020
If you don't like it
drop it
and move the fuck on
Apr 11, 2023 4:27 AM
Jan 2021
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
aktiwkunn said:
The author really wanted to write something deep and philosophical but failed miserably. The only thing people used to enjoy in his story was the action and the revenge theme in S1. Now that it's all pretty much over they're forcing themselves to pretend to like the show. What's the reason? To prove that they were always watching/reading the story for the "plot" and "development" and not just action. Many new watchers just like the second season because everyone is telling them it's good. These kind of people can't even form an opinion of their own. They do what everyone does just to fit in

this pretty much sums up the entire midland saga fandom. thanks for posting
mid piece fanboy has no right to talk about peakland saga... One piece is for kids like you have fun worshipping the most overrated anime and manga
Apr 11, 2023 4:34 AM
Aug 2022
MironBiron said:
Yup.

Thorfinn's character growth was too heavy a load to carry for Yukimura's pen.

Instead of opting for an empathetic approach to the main-character's recovery, his wide range of struggles were diluted to the theme of guilt, and nothing beyond that.
first he need go through guilt to to feel empathy

MironBiron said:

The writer completely skips over the fact that Thorfinn is a humiliated, traumatized and grief-struck soul who has spent 10 years of his life on the battlefield in order to satisfy a quest for vengeance which failed as miserably as any quest ever managed to do.

Nope, it all comes down to "guilt", which is an unearned theme at that, because we've never seen Thorfinn kill an innocent character—ever.
except he has killed plenty of innocent people when he went to raids along with askellad both directly and indirectly( for ex that old women along with young girl during ep 6 or 7).besides last time when I checked even soldiers are humans and can be innocent
MironBiron said:

Yukimura decides that it's a good idea to have Thorfinn cop out of his suffering by making him have a dream which treats his wide range of issues as impersonally as possible, giving the main-character a 180 degree shift in personality, without exploring his humiliation, grief and failed quest for vengeance.
agreed the dream scene was badly executed]

MironBiron said:

Then comes the tenth episode, and the story yet again skips over the main-character's growth by giving us a three year timeskip, and Thorfinn is now as happy as a person can be, which further points us to Yukimura's cowardly refusal to portray Thorfinn's character development with empathy, personal perspective and agency.
except he was never shown as a happy person and showed empathy now and then
MironBiron said:

Thorfinn's growth is nothing compared to his father's decision to flee from violence by faking his own death, upon realizing how much human life is actually worth, after having a child with the woman he loves.

The impersonal, preachy, unearned and overly selfish bickering about "guilt" falls completely flat when we position it against Thors' methodology and perspectives.

Vinland Saga Season 2 sucks, and its pacing or lack of action is the absolute least of its problems.
its funny how mr lainah brown here is complaining about guilt when your entire catch phrase in s4 is " I want to kill myself"

Are you okbuddyreiner?
Apr 11, 2023 4:53 AM
Aug 2022
Sagenaker11 said:
One piss fanboy detected, opinion rejected

mi man, mi man 👍
Apr 11, 2023 4:57 AM

Nov 2008
@Sagenaker11

Reiner fed his innocent friend to a titan, and caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Don’t make the mistake anymore to compare his guilt with Thorfinn’s. Also: This is about Vinland Saga, so stay on topic please.

As for your points:

- We have never seen Thorfinn kill an innocent person, and the dream sequence kept the identity of his victims (as well as the direction of his guilt) abstract.

- Episode 10 shows Thorfinn in a very happy state.

- The empathy that I talk about isn’t Thorfinn’s, but rather Yukimura’s empathetic capability (or in this case, his lack thereof) to portray Thorfinn as a human being with nuanced, personal perspectives on his wide range of life experiences—instead of a mere thematic device who does what the story’s themes demand from him.
Apr 11, 2023 5:09 AM
Aug 2022
if you find season 2 immature, then you are the one who doesn't understand and is not mature enough
Apr 11, 2023 5:19 AM
Jul 2021
Seeing a lot of people mentioning it's because he's a OP fan if that's the case then we do not take responsibility for this as a fellow mid piss enjoyer
Apr 11, 2023 5:25 AM

Apr 2021
irrelevant to the plot 💀
forced drama 💀
💀 💀 💀
Apr 11, 2023 5:28 AM
Aug 2022
MironBiron said:
@Sagenaker11

Reiner fed his innocent friend to a titan, and caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Don’t make the mistake anymore to compare his guilt with Thorfinn’s. Also: This is about Vinland Saga, so stay on topic please.

As for your points:

- We have never seen Thorfinn kill an innocent person, and the dream sequence kept the identity of his victims (as well as the direction of his guilt) abstract.
no I was just pointing out your hypocrisy, even thorfinn has killed lot of innocent people, when askellad and his men were pillaging, killing and raping for 10 years atleast(lol), do you think thorfinn was just loafing around lol. Besides we have seen snippets of thorfinn killing many soldiers for barely any reason.
Yes, lainah's guilt was portrayed more effectively and was more impactful to the story but that doesn't mean thorfinn shouldn't feel guilty because has killed less" innocent people"

MironBiron said:

- Episode 10 shows Thorfinn in a very happy state.
so you're saying someone should be sad 24/7 to feel guilty? Are you okbuddyreiner?
MironBiron said:

- The empathy that I talk about isn’t Thorfinn’s, but rather Yukimura’s empathetic capability (or in this case, his lack thereof) to portray Thorfinn as a human being with nuanced, personal perspectives on his wide range of life experiences—instead of a mere thematic device who does what the story’s themes demand from him.
well I agree s2 is not as good as s1 but it's nowhere near bad show, there's still plenty of eps to go and probably its wise to judge the show after watching next 10 eps(atleast)
Apr 11, 2023 5:29 AM
Mar 2021
One piss fanboy detected, openion rejected(5)
Apr 11, 2023 5:40 AM

Dec 2015
The sad thing is, I refuse to feel "proud" for understanding S2 is an objectively great written story. That's the bare minimum to prove I'm a person that appreciates character writing, specially because the show still has considerable amount of action to make people have their "popcorn fun" from time to time. 

Also, the Biron dude was widely known in the SNK community for projecting his false interpretations of the story in his arguments, twisting the real meaning of certain events and unfairly criticising the show. His points seemingly being good written are ultimately very a-like to flat-earther believers, where they actually seem to have solid arguments if you don't know science. The same way we shouldn't entertain flat earthers, I wouldn't really entertain him with attention.    
Apr 11, 2023 5:46 AM
May 2021
2nd season is peak anime
Apr 11, 2023 5:53 AM

Nov 2008
@Sagenaker11

You are a combination of someone who enjoys trolling, while somehow also aiming for a serious discussion, but with very subpar reading skills.

I wish you good luck trolling other people, but I will refrain from discussing with you any further.

As described by @BetterTaste, I’m the anime fandom equivalent of a flat earther, so it is best to just ignore everything I’ve said so far.

Worst case scenario, I’ll end up ruining your favorite show if you give my thoughts too much attention.
Apr 11, 2023 5:54 AM

Feb 2010
I think to like season 2 you have to like character studies because that's what this is. Since I like historical fiction and exploring characters I'm having a great time with it though sometimes the plot points are a bit much
Apr 11, 2023 5:57 AM

Jun 2016
yess , season 2 is bored..

FarmLand Saga . .

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2023

176 by FarCritical »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2023

172 by FarCritical »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2023

193 by FarCritical »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2023

252 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

491 by Hasirama29 »»
Yesterday, 7:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.