Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 26, 2022 1:13 AM
Aug 2020
SPOILERS

Ep 1: already kissing each other.
Ep 25: one of them becomes a giant robot and the other pilots it.
If this isnt the best romance escalation ever i dont know what might be.
Oct 26, 2022 1:29 AM
Oct 2020
DITF is good, but watch Spice & Wolf, my dude! Then definitely read the light novels - best romance story in existence, hands down.
Oct 26, 2022 1:36 AM
Jan 2021
It exists, it’s called Eureka 7 and it is VASTLY better.
Oct 26, 2022 2:25 AM
Sep 2022
White Album 2, Plastic Memories, and Nana are some of my all time favorites.

I liked DITF until episode 15, then it felt kind of rushed. But, I’d say check those out if you haven’t.
Oct 26, 2022 3:01 AM
Dec 2020
MommaDuck said:
I still can’t believe that DITF is probably the only example of a genuinely good romance in anime. It was masterfully done and actually showed the development of genuine love between two people. Every other romance out there is a boring cash grab that simply follows the same formula that has been repeated time and time again.

I’m forever sad knowing that we will never see any more of Hiro and Zero 2😭😭.

It’s almost been a year now, and I still can’t get this anime out of my head!!

Can you tell what was the development between the 2 in term of relationship?

Like iirc,they just love each other and then go from there

I dont think there is much diffrent from other generic romcom
Oct 26, 2022 3:48 AM
Oct 2020
MommaDuck said:
SubSoma said:

Maybe it’s a bit bold to say that when you watched so few shows

Mate i’ve got like 65 entries in my list and I still haven’t included every single anime that i’ve watched… i wouldn’t really say that I haven’t watched a fair bit of anime.

No no that’s exactly what I’m saying 65 is way to few
Oct 26, 2022 5:42 AM
Oct 2014
Cyberpunk edgerunner is a recent one.
I know a few older ones but I'm guessing you're just interested in recent releases.
Oct 26, 2022 8:13 AM
Jun 2021
Slayer777 said:
Okabe and Makise Kurisu are a 100x better couple then this.

You are exaggerating but yeah they are better
Oct 26, 2022 10:00 AM
Feb 2022
this has to be a troll right
Oct 26, 2022 4:49 PM
Mar 2022
ew wtf ditf is c tier romance dude

toradora
clannad
kanon
kaguya sama
komi san
horimiya

all of these are at least 4 times better
Nov 11, 2022 11:37 AM
Sep 2020
MommaDuck said:
I still can’t believe that DITF is probably the only example of a genuinely good romance in anime. It was masterfully done and actually showed the development of genuine love between two people. Every other romance out there is a boring cash grab that simply follows the same formula that has been repeated time and time again.

This is quite possibly one of the most braindead takes I have seen in a while. This post tells me you have only watched 40 anime at most, most of them being subpar mainstream. There are so many examples of better romance, such as Spice and Wolf, Oregairu, kaguya-sama, and clannad. Hell, even shows that don’t have romance as their main genre have better romance, such as Fate stay night, Monogatari, and 86 l.
Nov 11, 2022 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
Is Darling in the Franxx the only show you've watched? If so that's the only way I could understand your perspective. Even some shounen anime has better romance, never-mind actual romance anime.
Nov 11, 2022 11:55 AM
suii

Dec 2018
many good ones, Kimi ni Todoke, Tonikaku kawaii,Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, toradora, shh i dunno lol
Nov 11, 2022 2:59 PM
Feb 2022
PurgatrioFan666 said:
SPOILERS

For me, romance isn’t about the escalation. It’s about seeing two people that aren’t afraid to express how much they love each other. I’m all about the intimacy and not being afraid of being vulnerable with another person - not 2 people who overthink drinking from the same straw and being awkward around each other like they’re both 5 years old until they finally have the balls to confess 20 episodes later (despite their feelings for each other being apparent from the first few episodes) - only for everything to just suddenly end.

With Hiro and Zero 2, yeah, they kiss first episode. Thank fuck. Idk about you virgins but to me, a kiss is just the beginning, not the end. I don’t believe in g@y stuff like ‘love at first sight’ - but some people click, and can feel comfortable together the moment that they meet each other. You never kissed a girl in the club after learning her name 5 minutes ago? Lol.

Then there’s the scenes where zero 2 is being brazen and not afraid to show her feelings by getting super close and intimate with Hiro infront of everyone in the dining hall. She fights to be with him as much as possible, not shying away from the fact that she likes him. They hold hands and talk with each other. They cuddle up in their room together and just enjoy being in each other’s arms etc. and that’s all just what I can remember from the first half (which I last watched like a year ago). Then their relationship starts to break down and zero 2 goes unhinged. She then learns and grows from it - and their relationship gets stronger. Hiro tries to show her she’s not a monster - and so on.

I just like when characters aren’t afraid to show that they care for each other. It’s honestly kinda g@y but idec. That’s romantic to me - not a girl constantly shitting on some dude and calling him baka every 5 seconds until she suddenly admits she loves him in the last episode.

The ending is bullshit, but the relationship is enjoyable throughout.
Nov 11, 2022 3:01 PM
Feb 2022
FallenRaven_ said:
You should watch Oregairu

Can you read?

To save you the trouble of scrolling (since you obvs have a problem doing so), I liked SNAFU but not for the romance. Hachiman was cool, there were some funny moments, and there was a decent plot - but it’s more of a drama with a slight focus on romance at the very end. Last couple episodes were good romance-wise, but other than that, I find that kind of stuff underwhelming in terms of the romance aspect.
Nov 11, 2022 3:06 PM
Feb 2022
Anime_Addict_676 said:
MommaDuck said:

This is quite possibly one of the most braindead takes I have seen in a while. This post tells me you have only watched 40 anime at most, most of them being subpar mainstream. There are so many examples of better romance, such as Spice and Wolf, Oregairu, kaguya-sama, and clannad. Hell, even shows that don’t have romance as their main genre have better romance, such as Fate stay night, Monogatari, and 86 l.

I like Spice and Wolf. Also watched SNAFU and enjoyed it (but was underwhelmed with the romance). Kaguya-sama is absolute garbage and is just the same shit every episode. Haven’t watched Clannad because reviews say it’s full of over the top drama due to dumb/irrational characters. I think i’d like After Story based on reviews though.

86 is great, but no real romance as of yet - just an obvious love interest that hasn’t yet gone anywhere, but i’m looking forward to Season 2 regardless. Do plan to watch Stay Night but need to finish Fate Zero since I started with that.

And yeah, Monogatari is a great show. I totally love watching the MC grope little girls within the 5 episodes. Especially when I know there’s more of that shit to come /s
Nov 11, 2022 3:09 PM
Feb 2022
PeeBeeBoi said:

toradora
clannad
kanon
kaguya sama
komi san
horimiya

Horimiya was good but didn’t like how a lot of it was just them sitting opposite from each other in the living room. Probably would have liked it more if it was longer and the adaptation wasn’t rushed. But they were a good couple.

Toradora is absolute garbage.

Same with Kaguya Sama. Same boring shit every episode.

I’m not interested in Clannad due to the reviews i’ve seen.

I’ll have a look at kanon. Heard of it but can’t picture it in my mind.

Komi san doesn’t appeal to me.
Nov 11, 2022 3:12 PM
Feb 2022
Terra_strong said:
I agree with everyone that DITF probably doesn't have the best romance but you seem like the type who wants the characters to be officially dating from the get go, seeing as how don't like kaguya sama and others. So why not go for "shikimori's not just a cutie", even though the mc sucks they are dating from like episode 1. " Tonikaku kawaii" is actually great and they get married in episode 1.

You’re right - but i tried to watch Shikimori when it first released - wasn’t a fan. Just some useless guy jizzing in his pants every episode about how ‘cool’ his gf is. Too cringe for me.

I might watch Tonikaku - but i saw some reviews which put me off. But i’ve enjoyed a lot of anime contrary to the reviews i’ve read about them. I just need to give it a chance I suppose.
Nov 11, 2022 3:14 PM
Feb 2022
SubSoma said:
MommaDuck said:

Mate i’ve got like 65 entries in my list and I still haven’t included every single anime that i’ve watched… i wouldn’t really say that I haven’t watched a fair bit of anime.

Get a life bro. I like anime but 90% of it is trash. This aint Pokémon. I aint trying to watch them all. Just the ones that i’ll probably like.
Nov 11, 2022 3:51 PM
Oct 2020
MommaDuck said:
SubSoma said:

Get a life bro. I like anime but 90% of it is trash. This aint Pokémon. I aint trying to watch them all. Just the ones that i’ll probably like.

I have a wonderful life actually. I’ve been watching anime since I was 3 that’s all.

And it’s fine to not want to watch everything, but you can’t be making claims like that without watching more shows. That’s just how it goes
Nov 11, 2022 6:52 PM
Mar 2022
MommaDuck said:
PeeBeeBoi said:

toradora
clannad
kanon
kaguya sama
komi san
horimiya

Horimiya was good but didn’t like how a lot of it was just them sitting opposite from each other in the living room. Probably would have liked it more if it was longer and the adaptation wasn’t rushed. But they were a good couple.

Toradora is absolute garbage.

Same with Kaguya Sama. Same boring shit every episode.

I’m not interested in Clannad due to the reviews i’ve seen.

I’ll have a look at kanon. Heard of it but can’t picture it in my mind.

Komi san doesn’t appeal to me.

they all do a better job at romance.
i have no idea how u came to the conclusion that toradora was shit

and you NEED to watch clannad. it is the only one of those i consider required watching. it is the ONLY story in any medium that has made me cry audibly. it is so worth the slow 1st season, season 2 payoff is the best.

kanon is basically clannad except i only shed a couple tears.
Nov 11, 2022 10:30 PM
Aug 2020
MommaDuck said:
PurgatrioFan666 said:
SPOILERS

For me, romance isn’t about the escalation. It’s about seeing two people that aren’t afraid to express how much they love each other. I’m all about the intimacy and not being afraid of being vulnerable with another person - not 2 people who overthink drinking from the same straw and being awkward around each other like they’re both 5 years old until they finally have the balls to confess 20 episodes later (despite their feelings for each other being apparent from the first few episodes) - only for everything to just suddenly end.

With Hiro and Zero 2, yeah, they kiss first episode. Thank fuck. Idk about you virgins but to me, a kiss is just the beginning, not the end. I don’t believe in g@y stuff like ‘love at first sight’ - but some people click, and can feel comfortable together the moment that they meet each other. You never kissed a girl in the club after learning her name 5 minutes ago? Lol.

Then there’s the scenes where zero 2 is being brazen and not afraid to show her feelings by getting super close and intimate with Hiro infront of everyone in the dining hall. She fights to be with him as much as possible, not shying away from the fact that she likes him. They hold hands and talk with each other. They cuddle up in their room together and just enjoy being in each other’s arms etc. and that’s all just what I can remember from the first half (which I last watched like a year ago). Then their relationship starts to break down and zero 2 goes unhinged. She then learns and grows from it - and their relationship gets stronger. Hiro tries to show her she’s not a monster - and so on.

I just like when characters aren’t afraid to show that they care for each other. It’s honestly kinda g@y but idec. That’s romantic to me - not a girl constantly shitting on some dude and calling him baka every 5 seconds until she suddenly admits she loves him in the last episode.

The ending is bullshit, but the relationship is enjoyable throughout.

Lets delete from our memory the giant robot part.
I kinda agree with you that their relationship is really realistic.
However thats my problem with it, I watch anime to get entertained, and rom coms (even if theyre not realistic in the slightest) are entertaining af, and the relationship between hiro and 02 is just boring.
Nov 13, 2022 9:56 AM
Sep 2020
MommaDuck said:
Anime_Addict_676 said:

I like Spice and Wolf. Also watched SNAFU and enjoyed it (but was underwhelmed with the romance). Kaguya-sama is absolute garbage and is just the same shit every episode. Haven’t watched Clannad because reviews say it’s full of over the top drama due to dumb/irrational characters. I think i’d like After Story based on reviews though.

86 is great, but no real romance as of yet - just an obvious love interest that hasn’t yet gone anywhere, but i’m looking forward to Season 2 regardless. Do plan to watch Stay Night but need to finish Fate Zero since I started with that.

And yeah, Monogatari is a great show. I totally love watching the MC grope little girls within the 5 episodes. Especially when I know there’s more of that shit to come /s

Yeah I can tell there’s no hope for you looking at your list, you’ve only seen 67 and your favorites are all generic shounen. Clearly you have no clue what you’re doing calling Monogatari bad and Kaguya-sama boring. Come back when you actually are able to identify whether something is good or bad
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

335 by Meltedlizard »»
Yesterday, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 23 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

49 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 22 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

39 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 21 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

45 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

68 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 3:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.