Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 12, 2022 3:09 PM

Jun 2019
deg said:
Pre_Yum said:

This is what I'm saying the MAPPA approach towards this is taking more projects which eventually leads them to overwork where Kyoani and Ufotable's approach is completely different. Kyoani and Ufotable pick up the projects where they see the most profit coming their way and work on those projects to their best whereas MAPPA takes projects which are given to them (the higher-ups who decide to work on which project) it doesn't matter how many projects are coming their way, they don't say "NO" for some reason whether it could be greed or the hunger to become one of the big dogs in the industry ignoring the fact that it is actually backfiring on them.

That's why I said, either work on stuff that's actually profiting them or just go with the Kyoani or Ufotable approach and don't take too many projects and focus on the one thing you're doing.

if they continue to overproduce and overwork then MAPPA will implode like MadHouse did and funny because MAPPA was made by the former CEO of MadHouse to not repeat the mistake of MadHouse which they are doing again there at MAPPA

This is exactly what I'm most worried about because they have such a great talent under their wing right now. They just have to use them efficiently. They already have fame now, just slow down on those adaptations and they'll be a very well reputed studio. LOL. I don't want another Madhouse situation in our hands.

Thank you tho, it was fun talking to you. :)
Jan 12, 2022 5:07 PM

Nov 2021
They're kids who think it's mature stuff , but eventually they'll understand

Jan 12, 2022 5:09 PM

Nov 2021
Mirai said:
Ufotable has plenty of fans that will defend their honor, just look above^
Agreed , like seriously berserk 2016 and Fate are literally on the same level

Jan 12, 2022 6:08 PM

Oct 2021
There is another community called sakugablog and sakguabooru where there are many animator’s appreciated for their works by fans and many studio carries a fan base due to those animator’s . There always will be a “for” and “against” in an argument , so Mappa fanbase being “for” here and Aot fandom being “against” in this argument .
Eventually Mappa is going to be known for jjk and csm in coming years , I hope Aot projects ends real soon cause this is a curse which mappa carries .
Jan 12, 2022 6:37 PM
Jul 2021
Xacobe01 said:
PamodMK said:

I think most of them are not " mappa haters" they just hate the cgi in aot,pretty sure they love JJK,GoH, dororo and expected that level of animation , the pre animated trailer lifted their hopes so high they maybe feel cheated after seeing it's all cgi

Cheated for having best in class CGI huh. People are really spoiled nowadays

Yeah could be cool if this is the first season and never saw Arifumi Imai 's work. Cgi is good but would be better if the cel shading react to direction of light otherwise it's kinda distracting
PamodMKJan 12, 2022 6:44 PM
Jan 16, 2022 12:38 PM

Jan 2018
TheStarrySnow said:
I don't know if this was the case during WiT's run but everyday there's someone trying to shoehorn a compliment for MAPPA into an AOT discussion. YouTube comments are full of people like this, and it's for stuff that are the bare minimum. It's ironic because if MAPPA were really as good there wouldn't even need to be a defense force; David production and ufotable don't have any

Maybe it just gives people a sense of purpose

I really think it boils down to people trying to protect it from its bullies

David and unfotable never had to deal with this kind of backlash because they never make bad looking anime .

Initially i thought they were just mappas fans because of other mappa anime ( yes mappas can make good looking anime) but as you mentioned other Studios don't get the Mappe treatment so the other explanation is more likely

Everyone has to be a protected group nowadays and instead of being fair we solve this issue by putting it on a pedestal
Jan 16, 2022 12:43 PM

Jan 2018
Xacobe01 said:
PamodMK said:

I think most of them are not " mappa haters" they just hate the cgi in aot,pretty sure they love JJK,GoH, dororo and expected that level of animation , the pre animated trailer lifted their hopes so high they maybe feel cheated after seeing it's all cgi

Having standards isn't a bad thing

And the point still stand .
If people are shown something and then get something worse they might feel cheated.

Whenever or not the worse product is the "best inhouse worse product" is irrelevant.

If you show something better and deliver something worse people may feel cheated
Jan 16, 2022 12:51 PM
Sep 2020
CuteAssTiger said:
Xacobe01 said:

If people are shown something and then get something worse they might feel cheated.

Whenever or not the worse product is the "best inhouse worse product" is irrelevant.

If you show something better and deliver something worse people may feel cheated

People feel cheated because they're a bunch of whiny bitches, not for other reason. They get a beat in class product and they feel cheated because "it wasn't what my head imagines", and that's their fault and no one else's.
Jan 16, 2022 1:02 PM

Jan 2018
Xacobe01 said:
CuteAssTiger said:

People feel cheated because they're a bunch of whiny bitches, not for other reason. They get a beat in class product and they feel cheated because "it wasn't what my head imagines", and that's their fault and no one else's.

A trailer isn't what someone imagines in their head. A trailer is a representation shown to people. Kinda weird that this needs to be explained.
But cool strawman you got there

Your imagination isn't a very good argument though.

People call out bad CGI because it is just that.
If it was good enough to not be noticed people wouldn't be able to call it out for being bad.
Jan 16, 2022 2:46 PM
Sep 2020
CuteAssTiger said:
Xacobe01 said:

A trailer isn't what someone imagines in their head. A trailer is a representation shown to people. Kinda weird that this needs to be explained.

If it was good enough to not be noticed people wouldn't be able to call it out for being bad.

People call CGI because they don't know what's actually bad CGI. Nice strawman there trying to say that people have the absolute objective opinion.
Jan 17, 2022 2:30 AM

Jan 2018
Xacobe01 said:
CuteAssTiger said:

People call CGI because they don't know what's actually bad CGI. Nice strawman there trying to say that people have the absolute objective opinion.

maybe you should at least google what a strawman even is ._.
not being able to refute my points is one thing but if you try to call out a strawman you should at the very least know what a strawman argument is.

yikes ... that was pretty cringe .

point stands .
if the CGI was good enough to be indistinguishable people wouldn't be able to call it out.
the existence of worse CGI doesn't make this one good.
i see you set your standards by checking whenever or not something worse exists rather then checking if the thing in question is actually good on its own lmao .
you must be content with pretty much anything then xD

People are able to call it out because it is blatantly obvious cgi.
Hence it is bad CGI because good CGI would not be blatantly obvious.

that is really just a small logic check . if x thing would actually be Y then Z thing would not even be able to happen . but it isn't . thus the logical conclusion is as stated .

So far all you could deliver were 3just claims based on nothing. Some of wich were proofably incorrect. yBut you werent able to actually address any point . neither mine nor the initial statement by the other dude . gg on that o
Jan 17, 2022 2:48 AM

Jan 2018
in case you need a reference for what good CGI looks like

https://youtu.be/yo1Rn8za-Uo
Jan 17, 2022 3:15 AM
Sep 2020
TheStarrySnow said:
I don't know if this was the case during WiT's run but everyday there's someone trying to shoehorn a compliment for MAPPA into an AOT discussion. YouTube comments are full of people like this, and it's for stuff that are the bare minimum. It's ironic because if MAPPA were really as good there wouldn't even need to be a defense force; David production and ufotable don't have any

Maybe it just gives people a sense of purpose

Nope I don't think so

If you go back to watch s3p2 the animation was really inconsistent but the way how some scenes were executed were just too good ,

Mappa is doing a lot more consistent stuff here ,

I would say I am not on either side ,I am on both side

Overall it's the story execution that was better in this part imo
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

541 by devotaku »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

283 by Orochimaru9 »»
Yesterday, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.