Forum Settings
Forums

I want to try watching long running anime, anything I should know?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 28, 2017 6:11 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
There will be loads of filler episodes, loads of times you'll get bored.
Just watch at your own pace and if you grow tired then treat it like a seasonal anime where you also watch other stuff in between periods to reset your mind and regain interest.

Good luck!
Dec 28, 2017 7:00 AM

Jun 2010
Wildcat17 said:
Lalakoboldslayer said:
Well, I like to watch long running animes too and the advice I can give you is to divide a series in arcs, and watch one arc at a time.

When people look at One Piece, they see a series with 800+ episodes.
When I look at One Piece I see 48 different animes that share the same cast.

It's really difficult to watch long-running anime...

I like to watch something like 10-16 episodes per week.
Dec 28, 2017 7:31 AM
Aug 2017
Just be aware of filler episodes since there might be some along the way mostly if it is shounen jump
Bitches love cannons
Dec 28, 2017 6:08 PM

Jul 2010
Lalakoboldslayer said:
Wildcat17 said:

It's really difficult to watch long-running anime...

I like to watch something like 10-16 episodes per week.

Yeah, but then you've got other shows and it's difficult to focus in only one show...
Dec 28, 2017 6:36 PM

Oct 2017
Only long running anime I've watched so far are Naruto, One Piece and Fairy Tail. Recently, I've gotten into Gintama so you can choose between these four. They're all a good series in their own way.

As for tips, I recommend to just watch at your own pace. If you felt like it's getting a bit forceful watching 10+ episodes each day, decrease that number. You don't need to set a deadline because that can decrease your enjoyment. Of course, feel free to bingewatch if you really like the anime. Another tip that I have is because it's a longer running series, the production quality (especially animation) is lower than short-running anime, but it's definitely still watchable. There'll be bursts of great animation in the more important episodes so look forward to that. Also, if you just want to see the main story, check out Anime Filler List. Skip the fillers but I think you should check out the first couple episodes of the filler arcs first because there are some good fillers out there that adds more to the story. Lastly, you can take breaks after a certain number of arcs/episodes by watching other anime. It'll help refresh your mind and you won't easily get tired of watching the same anime.

Anyways, enjoy watching your first long-running anime!
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - Today

29 by Lucifrost »»
11 minutes ago

» Which anime character do you think would make the best therapist, and why? Would you want to be their patient?

Wendoka - 24 minutes ago

1 by Daviljoe193 »»
14 minutes ago

» Binging a series or watching over a period of time

Goblingaming - 3 hours ago

11 by LordSozin »»
15 minutes ago

» Your longest record/streak ( 1 2 3 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 9

114 by Horizon248 »»
20 minutes ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre?

Semester1 - 12 hours ago

37 by Silverlight41 »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.