Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 16, 2015 7:12 AM
Feb 2015
I really liked the setting and the premise and I enjoyed the interactions between Kojou, Himeragi and Asagi. That's too bad most of the potential this series had was wasted with literally every girl introduced later (except for the sister, the teacher and the villains) fall for the MC making it a generic harem. That, and all the arcs being utterly uninteresting.
I wanted to know more about how Kojou got his powers, what is up with that blonde vampire, an explanation about how magic, demons and vampire work in the world, but no, let's waste a shitload of screentime in pointless ecchi interactions and bland villains.

I still enjoyed it overall, but yeah, I guess it would have been much better if they had focused on the MC's interactions with Himeragi (and possibly a love triangle with Asagi, instead of haremshit)

Speaking of which, I hope there won't be a harem ending (either an open one or a full blown one with all girls) . If all the girls had an important role, roughly equal screentime and interactions with the MC it could make sense, but seeing how the story has turned out so far, it would be the worst possible ending imho, and a great example of bad writing.
Jan 4, 2018 2:38 PM

Jan 2015
Thats true for every single harem anime ever. Remove harem, make it romance, and there you go, you got a better anime.
Jan 21, 2018 4:46 AM
Jul 2015
ImAWeebUwU said:
Thats true for every single harem anime ever. Remove harem, make it romance, and there you go, you got a better anime.

True. Better yet if they make one of the female cast fall in love with the side or second male character friend of the MC.

That way we can still see the cute girls acting all sweet and adorable flirting with some other guy who's not the MC.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Feb 11, 2018 4:10 AM

Jan 2015
I agree, every single harem would be better if it would be a single-path romance. Harem just ruins everything.
Sep 7, 2021 10:08 PM
Jul 2021
krownklown said:
No a single girl winning is exactly what we don't need, and the worst possible result in a harem. For all the whining about open endings at least it always leaves the possibility that any or all of the girls can win. I have yet to see a harem where one girl is clearly liked by the fanbase, so whats the point of ticking off a sizable chunk of the fans and picking a girl.

In a best case scenario a harem should end a harem, pick all girls. In a worse case I will settle for open ending because if you leave it the author he always picks the worst girl in a single girl pairing. Case in point here Yukina would be the likely choice if one is picked, and she has a sizable group that dislike her to the point she has gotten basebreaker status.

So in short if you want single girl romance, don't watch or read harem works.

Yui from Arifureta is dope, And I doubt anyone dislikes her. And he ACTUALLY is with her unlike most stupid ass Beta male MCs too afraid to hold a girls hand. That show(even though the animation isn't great) wins TONS of points for me just on that alone. nd the MC is ACTUALLY badass and WINS fights! And he works with his team so they are all together badass. Unlike here with she just steps in and does a stupid ass spear fight every single time ugh.. I wanna see some BADASS familiars! Do they do the spear/her interfering OVER and over because of Budget or is it like that in the Manga? Lol (yeah I know this is old and nobody will probably answer)
Feb 23, 2022 6:38 AM
Feb 2022
Why many people dislike yukina? Where in fact she is always the cover. Even the mv's you can take the hint that she's the most valuable character aside from kojou. And yukina didn't took the spotlight of deafedin enemy from kojou. Can't you see? That without yukina most(I think all) of their enemy can't be defeated. Especially if kojou do all the fight. He even easily drained he's powers in shost he has some limits. Yukina always open the opportunity to defeat the enemies. And why many of you hate yukina restraining kojou? When he has vampiric urges he hardly control himself that he might do something he will regret. And yukina is a character that is so responsible. She is also selfless most of the time. She is also so innocent, at first she is always poker face but she gradually show her emotions, given that she grew up like that so, the feeling of love is new experience to her. why can't people be happy for her? Try to put your shoes with all the characters, feel their feelings and try to unders their mindset. Writer do harem because its what most people attracted, it's not a good morality. Always think that there's a huge possibility of what things you are exposed of, will be you.
Feb 3, 2023 7:57 AM
Mar 2022
Well that and lets be honest this trash is made by the world biggest losers aka the otaku basement dwelling coalition forever virgin society and they make it to not just pander but kiss the back side of the fellow world losers balls in every way...  and most otaku life rejects HATE HATE HATE when the mc actually gets the girl, a girl, or harem.  As soon as that happens those losers hit the net hard to every review board and badmouth the show dropping the rate simply out of pathetic and disturbing loser 2d jealousy.   The mc is made to be a ball-less worthless dense sack of shit cause those same type of shit eaters watching it fit into that category and sad AF as it is can self insert (who in the  hell would do that willingly...) and pretend to actually have a life that isnt a dark dungeon that reeks of rotting squid.  

Anime keeps going down the shitter thanks to every type of loser and life reject all hiding behind the otaku banner making it essentially the largest gathering of losers united the world has ever seen...  no thats not a good thing just fyi.  Instead of growing up and manning up and their balls dropping they encourage each other to be never ending losers.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.