[Event] Mini Game V9: The Bachelor Mafia | Game Over - Just Crossbell

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (26) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2018 6:06 PM

Mar 2014
Ruu said:
riku said:
@Ruu : Are you saying you want to lynch Labs, or that your vote will be meaningless as others won't?
The way you phrased your post looks like you would prefer a Labs lynch compared to a Century one, just because people would follow Labs lead.

???? I'm voting for Labs because I'm scum reading him. When did I say that? (bolded part).

"his last post was ages ago and even thou people are voting for him, do we seriously think he will get lynch? no, because he is labs and between him and Cent people would prefer Cent to be the first lynch. It's like grrr or Denja, we get used to the way they play so erratically and leave them alone when we should be pressuring them."

I just wanted to confirm you were actually scum-reading him.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Feb 14, 2018 6:22 PM

May 2015
riku said:
Ruu said:

???? I'm voting for Labs because I'm scum reading him. When did I say that? (bolded part).

"his last post was ages ago and even thou people are voting for him, do we seriously think he will get lynch? no, because he is labs and between him and Cent people would prefer Cent to be the first lynch. It's like grrr or Denja, we get used to the way they play so erratically and leave them alone when we should be pressuring them."

I just wanted to confirm you were actually scum-reading him.

yes I am. I'm also calling out the rest of the players. Players like labs always get a pass D1 because "that's typical labs". Nobody is pressuring him, why is that?

@Labs I want you here, I want you talking to us. Who is scum, who is town, century is alive what's your opinion on him? I think you are scum prove me wrong.

@Century_Orion that's all? I'm gonna be honest and it might sound hypocritical since I'm the 3rd vote but your vote looks like sheeping. Won't you question any players? don't you want to figure out if I'm town or scum?
Feb 14, 2018 6:32 PM

Oct 2011
looks like things are picking up. gonna reread with this in mind. dull gamestate is dull

Feb 14, 2018 6:44 PM

Oct 2011
Ruu said:
Phraze said:
hmm...
for one, its the occasion for some love <3
2nd: #214 and #228 have some of my opinions on u. u post alot yeah, but its wordy without any actual conclusion. any plans to push cases? not seeing anything (but tbf theres not much going around lol)

as for the issues with this stale gamestate, the ratio of observation vs interaction players are p lurky.

so... you suspect me because I stand out? and you put me and labs on the same pile so I guess you think we are a team? great, I'm bussing my scum buddy on D1, sounds like a good plan smh

And why didn't you like my suggestion? here . Was my explanation not enough?
not just for standing out. u post a lot, but they dont rly push anything. busywork. mild suspicion on u and Labs teaming on Riku, in that post I pointed out (cant remember which). just a suspicion, but worth clarifying. where were u bussing Labs? unless u mean ur vote now

dont like ur suggestion since its saying we keep potential scum as live. what was that about shin/logic again?

Feb 14, 2018 6:53 PM

May 2015
Phraze said:
Ruu said:

so... you suspect me because I stand out? and you put me and labs on the same pile so I guess you think we are a team? great, I'm bussing my scum buddy on D1, sounds like a good plan smh

And why didn't you like my suggestion? here . Was my explanation not enough?
not just for standing out. u post a lot, but they dont rly push anything. busywork. mild suspicion on u and Labs teaming on Riku, in that post I pointed out (cant remember which). just a suspicion, but worth clarifying. where were u bussing Labs? unless u mean ur vote now

dont like ur suggestion since its saying we keep potential scum as live. what was that about shin/logic again?

logic/osie and Shin gave each other away on our last game with a fake mason claim. So sometimes keeping someone scummy alive can help. Not always, it depends on the circumstances.
I posted a lot because nobody else was doing it lol
When did I team up with Labs against riku? I said riku was town based on his behaviour from the beginning...
I'm the 3rd vote on labs train, I'm gonna get him lynch. If he was my partner do you think I would lynch him D1?
Feb 14, 2018 7:41 PM

Oct 2011
#62 is where I said I'm fine with pulling out of rvs. Penta claims at #70. hmm.. I imagine he wanted to check me? @PentaFlare
#72 says he will reveal his results towards EoD. but iirc he said he didn't want to. gonna check the timing. #240
@PentaFlare u dropped Labs in ur reads after he escaped a lynch. why? anything specific? anddd whats with that vote on me?

Abu considered himself in rvs. changed vote to Ruu at EoD.
@AbuHumaid what did #300 mean? kinda confusing

@Crossbell
#139 has the gamestate advanced enough for u to give ur thoughts on Penta?
#254 so u mean 100 can get reads, but u need more for a lynch?
#264 revisit. ask if u wanna clarify, at least we get stuff to figure out. why do my posts make u confused?

@Ruu #160
ur gut says me/Cent. any changes since, or is it still the same? u have a point tho.. dont remember asking Cent anything~

@ironace #238
u were around for phase change

@coromandel
#308 good post. townlean for me.
what are ur thoughts on ironace? u had a case on him

----------

hmmm more info than I thought~
not sure if I see the point to lynch Labs when he was as good as lynched. wagon now dont look good .... I think??

back to pressure vote
Vote: @Sleipnirr

Feb 14, 2018 7:46 PM

Oct 2011
being on phone is a pain. as such, will be stalking quietly~

Feb 14, 2018 8:02 PM

Oct 2011
Ruu said:
Phraze said:

logic/osie and Shin gave each other away on our last game with a fake mason claim. So sometimes keeping someone scummy alive can help. Not always, it depends on the circumstances.
I posted a lot because nobody else was doing it lol
When did I team up with Labs against riku? I said riku was town based on his behaviour from the beginning...
I'm the 3rd vote on labs train, I'm gonna get him lynch. If he was my partner do you think I would lynch him D1?

that game eh
ur late to the Labs train? lol. u weren't on his train when he was as good as dead. but ok, we'll see

Feb 14, 2018 8:13 PM

May 2015
@Phraze I will never fully trust you. My gut tells me I shouldn't trust you but you haven't done anything that makes me feel confident enough to vote for you based on the feeling I have.
I wish you were a little more aggressive, your posts are so... neutral. That's the only word I can think of to describe them.
Also you are voting for someone who will get mk or replace. We have 48+ h of content and you go for a ghost? seriously?
About Cent, I don't like his posts one bit. He is MIA and when he is here, he doesn't even try to scumhunt. 8 pages of info, how come he doesn't have any good reads? All I saw from him is fluff or "idk, I didn't read it, I didn't pay a lot of attention, etc".
Feb 14, 2018 8:13 PM

Aug 2017
Ruu said:

@Century_Orion that's all? I'm gonna be honest and it might sound hypocritical since I'm the 3rd vote but your vote looks like sheeping. Won't you question any players? don't you want to figure out if I'm town or scum?

The only people I read about were the people asking me questions and who else the questions were concerned with, and tbh, idk what kind of questions I should ask to be able to figure out who's scum and town. It's a little easier answering questions rather than asking them. Maybe tomorrow, when I have the time, I could try looking into other players and saying what I think about them.

I also read whatever I'm mentioned in or has my name in it when I Ctrl+F it every now and then.
Feb 14, 2018 8:58 PM

Jan 2016
Catching up.

Feb 14, 2018 9:04 PM

Jan 2016
Going to try and solidify my reads on players/share what I think about the gamestate right now because of the extension, in an attempt to have a fairly productive EoD instead of the panicking we had earlier today.
Feb 14, 2018 9:38 PM

Jan 2016
Ruu said:
I wanted him active not lynch (at least not without proof). My vote would be on Cent by EoD, that's true, but that doesn't mean I would be the one responsable for his lynch, you need more than one vote to lynch people...
Why do you care about being the person responsible for the Century lynch? It doesn't matter who is responsible or not - the only thing that matters is if we get a red flip.

Feb 14, 2018 9:40 PM

Jan 2016
Man, why are there so many players it feels like who literally do not care about the outcome of the game?

Sleip/ironace are both like "man D1 sucks and I'm not good at the game so I'm just not going to do anything" -> that does not help us win the game nor does it help us figure out your alignment. You signed up for a game, you should be obliged to play it. Saying that you're "bad at D1" makes zero sense. D1 is the day you have the most information, because every single player is posting. Hard information is just a crutch. Sure, it's nice, but it's not what mafia is about.
Feb 14, 2018 9:43 PM

Jan 2016
Ruu said:
Labs: yeah yeah, easy target right? well, that's not why I'm calling him scum. All I could think of when I was reading his posts was "power wolfing". I remember ages ago I was mafia with @Crossbell iirc and we tried that based on an article. Mafia doesn't need to imitate town to get town read and that's what I think about when I see labs. He is aggressive and makes some strange moves (like voting for Riku and then disappearing), he doesn't go along with town, he doesn't try to sheep ideas... And because he is not trying to look townie is why he gets town read. "Town doesn't have to fake being townie so they make more scummy moves". He said my post looked forced but then he didn't pressure me... his last post was ages ago and even thou people are voting for him, do we seriously think he will get lynch? no, because he is labs and between him and Cent people would prefer Cent to be the first lynch. It's like grrr or Denja, we get used to the way they play so erratically and leave them alone when we should be pressuring them.

If Labs is power wolfing then who do you think are his scumbuddies?

I can sort of understand why you are voting him here but.. basically, him not going along with the town/not trying to sheep ideas is why you are scumreading him?

I'm in agreement with most of your scumreads though; coromandel posted a really solid case on ironace that I am currently mulling over at the moment.

Feb 14, 2018 9:45 PM

Jan 2016
Riku said:

@ScarletCelestial @Crossbell
I dislike your votes simply for inactivity. Now that more content has been posted, what is your opinion? Are your votes on Labs still appropriate?
I mean, Labs simply not Being Around is not a great look for him.

I am currently looking at ironace because coro's case is really solid, but I'm going to try and type out the gamestate for myself to see where I end up.
Feb 14, 2018 9:49 PM

Jan 2016
Phraze said:

#264 revisit. ask if u wanna clarify, at least we get stuff to figure out. why do my posts make u confused?

139 - I'll give out more information when he decides to share more information regarding his cop claim. Until he does, I don't feel compelled to reveal my hand here.

254 - Yeah. 100 posts is enough to generate content and to ask questions and to get reads. But to make an accurate lynch? No.

264 - Your posts make me kind of confused because I can't track a solid thought process when I read your posts, and the imperfect grammar exacerbates that. When I read your posts, I can see glimmers of a townie tone, but I can't track everything and determine if what you are thinking is genuine or faked.
Feb 14, 2018 9:50 PM

Sep 2012
Aahhyeee guess I'm not le deded already.
Feb 14, 2018 9:51 PM

Sep 2012
Phraze said:
#62 is where I said I'm fine with pulling out of rvs. Penta claims at #70. hmm.. I imagine he wanted to check me? @PentaFlare
#72 says he will reveal his results towards EoD. but iirc he said he didn't want to. gonna check the timing. #240
@PentaFlare u dropped Labs in ur reads after he escaped a lynch. why? anything specific? anddd whats with that vote on me?

Abu considered himself in rvs. changed vote to Ruu at EoD.
@AbuHumaid what did #300 mean? kinda confusing

@Crossbell

@Ruu #160
ur gut says me/Cent. any changes since, or is it still the same? u have a point tho.. dont remember asking Cent anything~

@ironace #238
u were around for phase change

@coromandel
#308 good post. townlean for me.
what are ur thoughts on ironace? u had a case on him

----------

hmmm more info than I thought~
not sure if I see the point to lynch Labs when he was as good as lynched. wagon now dont look good .... I think??

back to pressure vote
Vote: @Sleipnirr

Before I even go back to my bookmark..... what kind of time is this for a "pressure vote" especially if you're declaring it in the same post :S
Feb 14, 2018 9:51 PM

Jan 2016
Oh my god this font size makes MAL so much easier to use.

OK, gimme some time to get up a reads list and explain the current gamestate to myself.
Feb 14, 2018 9:55 PM

Sep 2012
riku said:
Labs said:

Ah coot, more OMGUS and more biting without thinking or reading... I guess it helps regardless of your intent.
Expecting and allowing room for players to check interactions and think for themselves isn't a town move? Good to know.
Goes on to say something about not providing content, surely you jest.
I like the post in the end, not for the right reasons but eh.... and npnp, someone had to give you something other than RVS to ride.

If it was truly OMGUS, as you so elegantly put, it would have been a response into your posts. Instead, it was rather utilising your post in order to define a scum or town read. I believed your intentions weren't pure, and such placed the vote on you. It was not a post saying you did not provide content, but rather your vote on me trying to push votes on me did not relay the information needed to do a push for a vote.

I'm perfectly happy for people to vote on me, if they provide an appropriate reason. However, pushing train saying 'read into it yourself' suggests scum move to me. It doesn't matter if it's on me, or on another player, this seems more of a scum play than a town play.

The problem was not expecting people to think for themselves, but for them to assume I am scum based upon my posts. This provides a false diagnosis - If someone goes into a read expecting a result, they are more likely to find it. It's a dynamic that I think you may have forgotten about, if you really are town. Your post implies that the posts I have made so far mean that I am scum. If the player you are asking to push a vote on me reads it with this in mind, they are more likely to find results. Although this can be utilised by town to push scum, it is also a technique that scum rely upon.

OMGUS would mean that I voted upon you without providing reasoning, simply because you voted on me. This is not the case. Your vote on me, plus your interactions with others, suggested a scummy mindset rather than a town one, thus I decided to use this as a basis for reading you as scummy. Although it's not accurate data, I can only gain more by doing things like this.

As I can't see a mayor role or innocent child, I can only assume that the reason you're confused by the vote is by the way your posts present, rather than a mechanical certainty that you are town. Thus, while i may have missed a claim somewhere, I shall be leaving my vote upon you, until a more appropriate candiate presents themselves.

If they can go into like so and still come out with nothing it gives better results, I'm sure past games would already suggest I don't just straight up give people the means to defend/deflect and others to sheep without thinking.
Also you mention being better about people actually providing thought and reasoning with a vote, if I supplied a free ride on it..... they wouldn't be able to that and it's a question no a demand.
Feb 14, 2018 9:57 PM

Oct 2011
Ruu said:
@Phraze I will never fully trust you. My gut tells me I shouldn't trust you but you haven't done anything that makes me feel confident enough to vote for you based on the feeling I have.
I wish you were a little more aggressive, your posts are so... neutral. That's the only word I can think of to describe them.
Also you are voting for someone who will get mk or replace. We have 48+ h of content and you go for a ghost? seriously?
About Cent, I don't like his posts one bit. He is MIA and when he is here, he doesn't even try to scumhunt. 8 pages of info, how come he doesn't have any good reads? All I saw from him is fluff or "idk, I didn't read it, I didn't pay a lot of attention, etc".
I'm as neutral as the gamestate lel
so tl;dr ur reading outside of gut? or what? I asked what changed and how its going with ur gut.

Feb 14, 2018 9:59 PM

Oct 2011
Crossbell said:
Ruu said:
I wanted him active not lynch (at least not without proof). My vote would be on Cent by EoD, that's true, but that doesn't mean I would be the one responsable for his lynch, you need more than one vote to lynch people...
Why do you care about being the person responsible for the Century lynch? It doesn't matter who is responsible or not - the only thing that matters is if we get a red flip.

nice one. but knowing Ruu, thats NAI

Feb 14, 2018 10:01 PM

Sep 2012
Crossbell said:
*skips flavor*

--

Liking PentaFlare's first couple of posts; he's interested in progressing the game and trying to move it forward out of RVS. This is an early game read, of course, but I think I can read him with fairly decent accuracy as the game progresses.

I have ~thoughts~ on Penta's claim but I'm going to withhold them for now until the gamestate has advanced a little more.

As for who you should use the daycop on? I always like to use cops/investigative roles to check the strongest player in the game. If they flip scum, great, you've gotten the strongest member of the team probably. If they flip town, then you know who to trust and who to listen to/who you can bounce reads off on.

Abu also seems town because locking himself into early vanilla claim is something that scum does.. rarely.

Not really sure what to make of riku/Labs early slapfight. Riku seems intentionally trying to position himself as low-hanging fruit by saying that he's here without doing much of anything, and Labs voted Riku to make Riku useful, which seems like what I would do in this situation, and feels like a fairly reasonable vote. Unsure if I like Riku's response, though?

His response to Lab feels like he is trying to overexplain/overjustify his vote on Labs, which feels wrong because Labs is the person that he is scumreading, so - why try to justify yourself to the person you think is scum? Just not a much of a fan of 133 at all because it doesn't really show much solving or trying to figure game out, just "I'm scum I'm going to defend myself". In the interest of having something we can talk about:

Unvote; Vote Riku

@Riku you were Rumanshi from MTGS, right?

At-least someone can read :S
There's a big difference between being "bad" in ones own mind or simply absent and actually putting in the effort to declare you're here and choosing to make the least of it.
Not to mention essentially putting the blame on others whilst rubbing it in by doing exactly what caused a problem that they themselves had stated, which is by choice making the state of the game worse for everyone else and them self.

Even factoring in meta and rough estimate on emotions as a player, the attitude needed to be culled quickly.... given the size of the game that kind of player shouldn't make it to end-game regardless of alignment.
That and it was easier to prod someone I'd consider easy, both due to personality and actually having a chance at real-time interactions.

The move itself is/was more than enough for throwing them into the game, but more over... what others would take from it, hyper-focus or avoidance are cool wee stances.
Guess I'll just have to check out how much shit can be pulled here.
Feb 14, 2018 10:04 PM

Sep 2012
ScarletCelestial said:
Crossbell said:
@ScarletCelestial

Got any thoughts on Non-Riku/Labs players so far?

Abu hasn't done that much, and his opening was kinda weird. ("Are there only VTs?") I find it weird because I doubt anybody with sense would claim when asked that. It's either a really bad attempt at finding power roles as scum, or just a moment of stupidity. Don't know which it is yet...

riku and Labs I've gone into, I'll likely resolve it once they've answered the questions posed to them.

Cent hasn't progressed the game at all, which I'm kinda annoyed about. He has posted a bit, but nothing constructive or useful.

ace is advancing the game by answering questions and posing them, but he hasn't really done anything alignment indicative yet. (Which he is trying to improve on, as he said.)

Phraze to me is quite Townie. They've interacted with a lot of people, trying to figure the game out (such as by pointing out the contradiction in Penta's role claiming) and I don't feel as if they're scum.

Ruu I have a bad feeling about in my gut, though my head is saying they're trying to get the game started. Such as when they posed the questions to us at the beginning of the game. I'm ignoring my gut for now, I think they're Town.

Penta's trying to drag people into the conversation (pinged both me and ironace to ask a question) and I have a feeling as to why they claimed Day Cop so early. Ergo, Townie to me unless what I think about the claim is disproven.

Sleip's not here and was never here. Hence the vote, to try and get them talking.

Cross (you) have made a few questions early on, presumably to try and get Town going with a conversation. Your thoughts seem quite organised, and though you disagree with my own opinion on the riku/Labs situation, I can see how you would come to that conclusion. Townier as of present.

Coro I think has been answering questions posed to them quite well, and can certainly explain their thoughts better than I. I don't know why their first question to me would be about lynch or no lynch, though, and I don't get why it would be a good question to ask. Ergo, Coro's an enigma to me at present.

Noted.

Also just a general question if I may, why spew out so much this early on?
Feb 14, 2018 10:06 PM

Sep 2012
ScarletCelestial said:
Crossbell said:
Thanks.

I agree that Abu's claim is weird, and I don't really see much content from him yet, but locking himself into a vanilla claim feels pretty rough if he's scum since he wants to keep the possibility of him fakeclaiming open. Plus, I feel like Abu as scum would not go with that opener? I think he knows enough of mafia to know that opening like that is scum would immediately get him questioned/suspected right off the bat, so he might be more inclined to make that opening post more as town rather than mafia, since he would probably be self conscious about it.

As for Century, don't mind people shiptoasting and trolling here and there as long as they're also scumhunting and putting some content down to go with it. If I've got enough game related stuff to get a solid read on you from and I can understand your headspace I'm happy. Century hasn't really done much of the latter part, which merits investigation later on.

Haven't got much from ironace at the moment, maybe when I'm not being hit by a truckload of work right now I will look over his posts.

Is there anyone who you think is currently mafia thus far?

I think one of riku and Labs could be scum, and if they don't do anything soon I'm going to look into Cent, or the lack thereof.

"Could be" could apply to anyone.
Feb 14, 2018 10:07 PM

Sep 2012
Ruu said:
I know it's still early to give town reads but Scarlet ftw! Her analysis and comments scream town mindset to me (even if her gut tells her I'm scum xD ).

I don't agree with her when it comes to Labs/riku; I feel this could be town/ town (based on meta). Labs is an aggressive player and it's hard to read imo so I can't be sure but riku is behaving the same way he did in our last game so I'm seeing town!riku.

Noted from above noted.
Feb 14, 2018 10:07 PM

Nov 2015
🌹 Vote Count 1.14 🌹

💔 Labs (4) 💔 ScarletCelestial, Crossbell, Ruu, Century_Orion
Ruu (1) Abuhumaid
Century_Orion (1) Riku
Riku (1) Labs
Crossbell (1) Ironace
Phraze (1) PentaFlare
Ironace (1) Coromandel
Sleipnirr (1) Phraze

💍 Not Voting (1) 💍 Sleipnirr

>>Day 1 Timer<<
Feb 14, 2018 10:08 PM

Sep 2012
coromandel said:
Labs said:

Sooo... we actually just signed-up for a quick gang-bang?
Cool

+1

Phraze said:
wow. right off the bat xD
if u claimed means u gotta use it. dont think we have any say in it

I like it.

Labs said:

Townfirmed.
Move along now.

How so?

<.< at the +1
As for the how so, jokingly so.... though I did like it.
Feb 14, 2018 10:10 PM

Sep 2012
coromandel said:
AbuHumaid said:
True that, but I could still have an ability after claiming vanilla just to confuse mafia and make them leave me alone? No one really knows.
Yup, we have to get out of this RVS, I honestly don't get your point about scum wanting to escape the RVS as soon as possible, there's no serious scum-hunting in RVS, why would scum not like that?

Why do you think early claiming is a bad play? Can you even guarantee me and Penta are claiming our actual roles?

Agree with the bolded.

riku said:
Vote:Labs

In an interesting turn of events, this person has attempted to bring somebody to lynch me. This is interesting as rather than giving his own explanation, he responds 'Do I have to explain'? This is not town interaction. This is scum. They don't want to provide content, they want to convince people that town is scum based on the smallest amount of interaction. Thus, I feel that this vote is justified.

Although I suppose, I have to thank him for giving something that wasn't content that was basically useless.

I think it's alright to ask somebody else if they want to jump on a train, when the player they want ppl to vote for doesn't seem motivated. Your post seems lackluster and what Labs was probably getting at is that you're worth being voted for due to what he considers weak town play.

riku said:

Can't went there's fucking nothing to go off.

It was most likely a literal "oh my god you suck" vote, a pressure vote to make you participate more and stop being passive.
That's how I see it, and I wonder if you are really suspecting him now because of that? (serious question @Riku). Seems pretty defensive.

Intentionally harmful whilst also doing exactly what they were critiquing, but yee.
The jumpyness was expected though.
Feb 14, 2018 10:15 PM

Sep 2012
ScarletCelestial said:
I went through the posts above me to see who'd posted already, and I saw that you'd posted without placing a vote on anyone. I was curious whether you're usually against D1 voting/lynching or not (some people are).

And I usually start voting for people right away during RVS, so anyone who doesn't piques my interest.

I thought I had. I hadn't. Only realised earlier. Put the vote on Sleip only because I think he needed a poke.

Concerning who I think is scum:

Certainly one of riku and Labs in my opinion, but I think riku is more justified as of present. I'm waiting to hear the answers to my question before I decide which for definite though.

Certain? Cool.
Shouldn't speak for myself but it smells of TvT.
Also feel free to elaborate on their justification.... outside of the one person I tried pulling in not being able to perform as wanted.
Feb 14, 2018 10:16 PM

Sep 2012
@PentaFlare
Haven't caught up yet and it may change, but if still relevant.... just check either Ruu or Phraze, cheers.
Feb 14, 2018 10:18 PM

Sep 2012
ironace said:
Ok its 1 am here and i decided to give it a quick read and what do you know-people ACTUALLY came and talked.

So i read quickly here(im doing my CS assignment so i need to return to that ASAP)

but i just dont see riku as scummy. From all of my games i've played with him, he has been like this. Granted, i dont know his scum meta. But imo this behavior screams TOWN riku to me. The preposterous attitude is like the town riku i know. But i guess its based off meta so take it as how you will.

And i agree with ruu. Scarlet is the towniest of all of us. And she already had reads on so many, how is he so good? ;-;

I dont have any scum reads like usual. However, if labs does indeed keep on pushing riku and i fail to see any solid reasoning then ill vote for labs.

EDIT-and since i know for a fact that if you suspect riku he ill immediately vote you back this also adds to my agrument that he is town but once again thats based off meta ...

@bold U wot?
Noted.
Also I hope you have something by the 8th page.
Feb 14, 2018 10:20 PM

Sep 2012
Ruu said:
coromandel said:

I need to stop you there because Togs is our host, Ruu! x3
You mean Penta.

You do sound paranoid, which is good because you could be town after all..? I know you're good at acting though so don't think I'll let you off the hook so easily. :P

You do not trust his claim very much and think because he claimed day cop, his claim will be hard to verify.
What do you suggest we do about him then? Where do we go from here?
Same question ^ to @ironace
Since you two seem to trust him the least.

@Ruu
Though in this post here, you said that you still think Penta's probably town: (you confused him with Togs though -.-)

Also, @Ruu, how do you feel about this post from Phraze?

LMAO I don't know why I wrote Togs and not Penta xDD I guess I'm not use to penta been back (? lol no for real, idk xDD

it's not that I don't trust him.. I'm torn because his claim could be consider NAI (it can come from town or scum). What we need to consider is "why town!Penta would do this (I almost wrote togs again lol)? " and "why scum!Penta would do this".

Town!Penta:
- His claim helped the game, now we got more activity thanks to it - and that's what I wanted when I ask for his help.
- Scum will get nervous and try to avoid getting target by him
- Town will pay more attention to interactions to find scum thanks to this

Scum!Penta:
- He is now in the spotlight and if he plays his cards right he could became a town leader
- He just needs to name a townie to "prove he used his ability".
- He won't get cc by the real cop if there is one (but if there is, and they claim, now mafia has a target for the NK)
- He can pocket people with this early claim.

What we can do for now, is talk to him, questioned him and see how he reacts under pressure. That's the only way we can find out if we are dealing with town or scum.

Phraze doesn't seem worry about the claim which could mean she is town and has nothing to fear if Penta uses his ability on her, or she and Penta are buddies and she doesn't need to worry because she knows the claim is fake.

I'm cool with you suspecting me, that means we will talk more and get to find more infor about each other = get better reads. So keep the questions coming!

Hmmmm made sense if you had left out the second part, looks more like painting this or that.
Feb 14, 2018 10:22 PM

Sep 2012
Phraze said:
AbuHumaid said:
True that, but I could still have an ability after claiming vanilla just to confuse mafia and make them leave me alone? No one really knows.
Yup, we have to get out of this RVS, I honestly don't get your point about scum wanting to escape the RVS as soon as possible, there's no serious scum-hunting in RVS, why would scum not like that?

Why do you think early claiming is a bad play? Can you even guarantee me and Penta are claiming our actual roles?
I've made my points regarding rvs in #58. scum arent in a guarded mindset, or they generally are but its hard to blend in with a relaxed town, so they try to escape rvs. iirc I caught u trying to skip rvs, so u cant say that doesnt work =w=

lying as town is bad play. early claiming, and a fake one at that, is going against the given manual. //reading the instructions

Ouch..... I obviously don't speak for the majority, but lying is one of towns greatest weapons.
Mafia already has the advantage over town as far as mapping the entirety of the game out is concerned, throwing false pieces in ruins so much for them, their plans and stories it isn't even funny.
Though you do need to know how to play it without tripping up on your own shit, but town has it much easier as they can backtrack with little to no penalty and should have no reason to fear being "caught out"
Feb 14, 2018 10:23 PM

Sep 2012
Phraze said:
not sure what to make of things for now. keeping an eye on Riku/Labs and Ruu tho

and Ruu :3
Noted.
Feb 14, 2018 10:26 PM

Sep 2012
riku said:
ironace said:

EDIT-and since i know for a fact that if you suspect riku he ill immediately vote you back this also adds to my agrument that he is town but once again thats based off meta ...

Of course, in this game, I didn't vote Labs until he tried to do a tactic that I find scummy. I guess that people will just ignore important details, huh?

Single vote, and "asking" but a single person without forcing their conviction.... which tactic and I don't see how it actually may have seemed like I was pushing for the early lynch at all.
Feb 14, 2018 10:29 PM

Sep 2012
Ruu said:
@PentaFlare I'm personally against both main trains. I believe coro and riku are town. If you look at their posts you can see a town mindset behind coro's and an aggressive/defensive townie behind riku's. Do you agree?

vote: @Century_Orion I need to see more from you.

^ Anyone wants to jump on this train to help me get this kid active?

Why does this look familiar?
I'm assuming you didn't catch flak for this due to wording ^^?
Feb 14, 2018 10:31 PM

Sep 2012
riku said:
Century_Orion said:

I don't really find anyone that suspicious yet, but idk Coromandel and Labs very well, and I'm not sure how Riku plays his games.

I don't like this. There's an actual interaction between me and Labs that Scarlett is asking about. Why are you just saying 'You don't know us well', when there is something to give you a basis for a comment.

Ruu said:
unvote

not enough scummy stuff from her to keep my vote there.
At this point I would vote for Cent because of his lack of participation and opinions but I want something more solid -_-

Ruu said:
@PentaFlare I'm personally against both main trains. I believe coro and riku are town. If you look at their posts you can see a town mindset behind coro's and an aggressive/defensive townie behind riku's. Do you agree?

riku said:

Unvote

vote:Century_Orion

Still waiting

+Riku
-Ruu
Feb 14, 2018 10:32 PM

Sep 2012
Ruu said:
@Phraze are you gonna keep your rvs vote? is coro leaning town or scum to you?
@Labs do you still like your vote on riku? do you think his reactions to his train were townish or scummy?
@Sleipnirr where are you? I hope that you show up soon and we get to talk. It would be nice if you could give us some reads and how do you feel about this trains.
@PentaFlare @ironace @ScarletCelestial @coromandel @AbuHumaid are you keeping your votes there? would you jump on one of the three trains? if so, why? and why wouldn't you lynch the other two.

I don't have more q's for Cross or Cent because I already asked stuff to cent + my vote and Cross's vote had reasons behind it iirc. Oh but @Crossbell do you still feel the same way about riku?

@riku I'm not complaining for the help but why did you decided to pressure Cent? and do you feel there is scum on your train? (do you still think labs is mafia?)

Still, no.
But I liked that I did it and I hope others did too.
Feb 14, 2018 10:33 PM

Sep 2012
Crossbell said:
Ruu said:
I know it's still early to give town reads but Scarlet ftw! Her analysis and comments scream town mindset to me (even if her gut tells her I'm scum xD ).
Can you explain what in her analysis/comments screams town mindset to you? I think that she's been fairly reasonable and easy to work with but nothing's been screaming town for me yet. As coro says, her analysis is a bit "basic" (which I don't necessarily agree with, but I want to hear what specific parts of Scarlet's analysis you like)

Ruu said:
I don't agree with her when it comes to Labs/riku; I feel this could be town/ town (based on meta). Labs is an aggressive player and it's hard to read imo so I can't be sure but riku is behaving the same way he did in our last game so I'm seeing town!riku.
If you think Riku/Labs is town/town then who is the scum trying to take advantage of that fact?

Crossbell said:
Ruu said:
so yeah, great.... I also have the same paranoia with Abu because claiming VT is NAI but - I think Cross - said that scum doesn't claim VT so early because then they can't claim a pr.... but I'm like why would they do that? it's easier to say you are VT than think of a good fake claim that you can be sure it won't get cc...
Because vanilla claims get you lynched since you can't prove your role. Scum don't want to be lynched - they will claim basically anything in order to get out of it. Sure, scum can claim vanilla, but that means that they have to be judged by their behavior.

Ruu said:
My town read is mostly meta. She sounds like town!scarlet. Most of my reads on D1 are from meta because there is not a lot to work with (a lot of posts doesn't mean there is a lot of content)
Have you played with mafia!Scarlet before?

Noted for later, based on Ruu flip.
Looks like good support.
Feb 14, 2018 10:34 PM

Sep 2012
Crossbell said:
Unsure how I feel about lynching Century.

On one hand, he's the easiest lynch in the world because he's active lurking and not contributing much. On the other hand, I know that he's probably a newer player which means that lynching him is.. invariably a coin toss! Which really sucks since I have participated in so many stupid coin toss lynches in the past couple of games I've played.

I'll evaluate things more when I wake up tomorrow but there have only been 200 posts and.. I can't get much from only 200!

Would you really wanna see the game end on a coin-toss though?
Feb 14, 2018 10:36 PM

Sep 2012
ScarletCelestial said:
riku said:

Because I found someone I found scummier.

Who, and why do you think they are scummier than Labs comparatively?

Feb 14, 2018 10:37 PM

Sep 2012
Sleipnirr said:
PentaFlare said:
I mostly want to get answers to my question right now, but you are right that the thread is kind of dead. I don't like using mechanics to force early talk but I can if I have to.

I'm hardclaiming 1-shot Day-Cop
I'm assuming I get an extra shot if I get roses, but I'm going to ignore that for now.
I have an idea of who I should check today, but I would love to hear what others have to say too.

wait isnt it a little rash to claim so early in day 1. You might not even live to tell your results.

DDAAYYYY cop.
Feb 14, 2018 10:39 PM

Sep 2012
Phraze said:
hmm...
don't like Labs asking me to vote Riku. not sure what his posts even accomplish. BUT that's his way of posting? still dont like that pocketing attempt tho

Vote: @Labs
need answers

You can only pocket yourself tbh.
Also the point was to push an easy target and one not so easy target, that and the rest the comes with the attention.
Feb 14, 2018 10:41 PM

Sep 2012
Phraze said:
ScarletCelestial said:

My comments on the situation:

1. I think riku is justified in his critique, though I don't believe i should be based on the attack on him alone, since it feels OMGUS.

2. I think Labs may be joking to Phraze and about the explanation? @Labs? If not, can you then please explain your read?

3. The vote on you is an RVS in my opinion.

4. He is equally justified in his critique that if there is nothing yet to go on, a player should attempt to rectify that themselves through interactions and questioning. Even if they're terrible at it.

If Labs' vote is not RVS, 2, 3 and 4 are pretty much rendered void and point 1 would still be in effect.
question: do u think Labs will be staying on that rvs until this phase is over?
I have a better opinion of Riku actually moving his vote around. thoughts on that?

RIP activity reading.
Feb 14, 2018 10:42 PM

Sep 2012
ironace said:
Phraze said:
hmm...
don't like Labs asking me to vote Riku. not sure what his posts even accomplish. BUT that's his way of posting? still dont like that pocketing attempt tho

Vote: @Labs
need answers

I dont like this post. He asked you ages ago if you want to vote with him and only now you're voting for him saying this is pocketing.....

+Boi
Feb 14, 2018 10:45 PM

Sep 2012
AbuHumaid said:
I don't know if someone pointed this out already or not, but Ruu's #160 feels fake.
her reads are forced and based on weak evidence like gut-feeling and meta.
I get it, it was just the beginning of the game, but if she's town and confident about it, she can just say that she has no clue at the moment or something like that, why would she feel the urge to force a read? Aren't scum usually afraid of being judged for not doing anything? Sorry, but that post gave me the vibe that she's just trying to look busy.
And her paranoia about Penta's claim and my claim... it feels.... over-dramatic? IDK though, maybe that's her personality.

Ahhh, you're feeling it too Mr.Krebs.
Feb 14, 2018 10:46 PM

Sep 2012
Togs said:
🌹 Vote Count 1.10 🌹

💔 Century_Orion (3) 💔 Ruu, Riku, ScarletCelestial
Riku (2) Labs, Crossbell
Coromandel (1) Century_Orion
Phraze (1) AbuHumaid
Crossbell (1) Ironace
Ironace (1) PentaFlare
Ruu (1) Coromandel
Labs (1) Phraze

💍 Not Voting (1) 💍 Sleipnirr

>>Day 1 Timer<<

Might be fairly diff come current page, but ehhhhhh that VC actually looks horrible.
Feb 14, 2018 10:48 PM

Sep 2012
AbuHumaid said:
Ruu said:

Such a cheap vote, you say your vote is to get him active, and now there's less than 2 hours for phase change and your vote is still there.
Gotta eliminate low-hanging-fruits first huh?

Vote Change: Ruu

AbuHumaid said:
Crossbell said:
PentaFlare
coromandel
AbuHumaid

Are people who I feel comfortable with as town for now.

I'm so confused as to why Rumanshi/Riku is not even reacting to my vote on them, but people say that he's town because meta, so I'm fairly conflicted here. I wanted to vote him because I was hoping he'd become more readable, but I can't exactly do that with 10 hours left in the day and I'm about ready to zzzz.

I'll try to wake up earlier tomorrow and see if I can put down my thoughts. There's been like zero actual wagon movement or much of anything to analyze and since the deadline is so close it feels almost impossible to wrangle together a mafia lynch.

Weren't you scumreading Labs? What changed from when you thought he was scum and now he's null?

Wow, was my VT claim enough to gain your trust this easily?

AbuHumaid said:
@ScarletCelestial what do you think of Ruu and Riku?

Hmmmm Abu seems pretty good.
Hopefully not just falling to mind-meld and the likes, but deffos up there for this stage of the game.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (26) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.