Jun 29, 2009 9:50 AM

Dec 2007
Viola said:
neonlights said:
pansexual.

shame thats not mentioned..

pansexual? wha?

1. pan sexual;
Some one who doesn't care what gender people are, or what they define themselves as - will sleep with, fall in love with, etc., regardless.
]
Jun 29, 2009 9:57 AM

Jul 2008
And if like me you just started wondering how it's different to bisexuality, go here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexual

^__^

"I'm always sleeping in my forest of thorns."
- Satou Sei
Jun 29, 2009 10:59 AM

Jan 2008
neonlights said:
pansexual.

That is because it is redundant. It provides nothing over the term bisexual except a way to divide the "cool, hip" kids with the new terminology from the boring squares who don't.
Jun 29, 2009 11:04 AM

Apr 2009
Male and straight.
When I read this discussion though I kinda wish (like you: Unkind) that I was a woman, then I would have so much more chances :P

Jun 29, 2009 11:08 AM

Jan 2008
everminded said:
And if like me you just started wondering how it's different to bisexuality, go here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexual

Ah, great, so it includes hermaphrodites too. After all it is just cruel to not target that 1.7 percent of "Intersexed" people for political & social exploitation.
Jun 29, 2009 11:29 AM

Nov 2007
I don't understand what's that pansexuallity. Wiki in English is hard for bad-in-English people like me.

Jun 29, 2009 11:48 AM

Jul 2008
This is kind of hard to explain.

Okay from what I can gather from the wikie pansexual is attraction to anyone. It's apparently different from bisexuality because bisexuality says that a person is attracted to MALE and FEMALE (masculine and feminine), pansexual is attracted to MALE, FEMALE, OTHER. Other being whatever gender identity a person chooses.

In the end it's just another label, the difference from bisexuality is very minor and actually a little confusing (to me at least).

Does that make sense?

- Satou Sei
Jun 29, 2009 12:16 PM

Dec 2007
nexist418 said:
neonlights said:
pansexual.

That is because it is redundant. It provides nothing over the term bisexual except a way to divide the "cool, hip" kids with the new terminology from the boring squares who don't.

sheesh, whats your problem!
]
Jun 29, 2009 12:32 PM

Jan 2008
neonlights said:
nexist418 said:
neonlights said:
pansexual.

One might inquire the same of you. You were the one complaining about some trendy term not being included.
Jun 29, 2009 12:33 PM

Nov 2007
everminded said:
This is kind of hard to explain.

Okay from what I can gather from the wikie pansexual is attraction to anyone. It's apparently different from bisexuality because bisexuality says that a person is attracted to MALE and FEMALE (masculine and feminine), pansexual is attracted to MALE, FEMALE, OTHER. Other being whatever gender identity a person chooses.

O-other?

Jun 29, 2009 1:07 PM

Jan 2008
Viola said:
O-other?

The approximately 1.7% of the population featuring some form of anomaly (not always apparent) that renders them a mixture of male and female. The most famous of these is the Hermaphrodite.

I am pretty sure they are not advocating Zoophilia, even though the prefix "Pan" would include rocks, animals, plants, etc.
Jun 29, 2009 1:16 PM

Nov 2008
nexist418 said:
rocks, animals, plants, etc.

HAWT. Guess I'm a pansexual.
Jun 29, 2009 6:31 PM

Jan 2008
Hvesier said:
nexist418 said:

But are you a Necrozoophiliac.... You have to love that roadkill....
Jun 29, 2009 8:31 PM

Feb 2009
nexist418 said:
neonlights said:
nexist418 said:
neonlights said:
pansexual.

One might inquire the same of you. You were the one complaining about some trendy term not being included.

string up trouble again I see nexist, ^_^ and I'll be honest, I'll have agree on this one, kinda. pan is unnecessarily repetitive, but what are you going to do. If Wikipedia, retainer of all of humanity's knowledge has a place for it's existence than so should we... >.>;.. =_=. (>^.)>

nexist418 said:
Hvesier said:

nexist418 said:

oh my... please not in front of the kids >.<)"
-"Just an ordinary woman who won't ever regret, being with the person she loves."
(Rokujou Ruri, Azure Dream, manga)

-"Shinobu, even if this body should turn to ash, I will never leave you."
(Naitou Momoko, shoujo-sect, manga)
Jun 29, 2009 9:47 PM

Nov 2008
nexist418 said:
Hvesier said:
nexist418 said:

It's kind of cold but it's nothing a microwave can't fix.
Jun 29, 2009 11:48 PM

Jan 2008
kaigen said:
oh my... please not in front of the kids >.<)"

There is this T-Shirt which reads "How dare I wear this F***ing T-Shirt in front of your g*dd*mn kids" (without the censoring)...
Jun 30, 2009 1:53 AM

Dec 2007
pansexual is not trendy!!!
]
Jun 30, 2009 2:19 AM

Jul 2008
Actually neon, can you tell me the difference between bisexual and pansexual? I kind of understand, but what does it mean to you?

- Satou Sei
Jun 30, 2009 5:12 AM

Feb 2009
prefix is the difference, bi= two, pan= many (if I'm getting this right) so like nex said before.

The approximately 1.7% of the population featuring some form of anomaly (not always apparent) that renders them a mixture of male and female. The most famous of these is the Hermaphrodite.

I wouldn't demean it down to trendy, but I wouldn't call it necessarily.. useful ether I generally think it's safe to assume that most bi are about the same as pan. ^_^; but anyway I'll let neon tell us her point of view on what the difference is.

(>^.)>
-"Just an ordinary woman who won't ever regret, being with the person she loves."

Jun 30, 2009 5:34 AM

Jul 2008
Pan=all Anyway, being bisexual doesn't mean you are attracted to transsexual people, or crossdressers, or hermaphrodite, so there is a difference. And I don't know other bisexual people think of this, but I'm not even interested in that kind of people, so your assumption seems a bit rash to me.
Jun 30, 2009 7:03 AM

Feb 2009
Mortem said:
Pan=all Anyway, being bisexual doesn't mean you are attracted to transsexual people, or crossdressers, or hermaphrodite, so there is a difference. And I don't know other bisexual people think of this, but I'm not even interested in that kind of people, so your assumption seems a bit rash to me.

pan as a prefix has a few meanings one of being many, all, every, and what ever else.
I don't mean to pretend like I know anything about you, but the thing is you can't have meet more than two people that are truly muti-gendered (cross dressers don't count for anything in this) so I would think it would be presumptuous of you to say that you have no interest in that type. ^_^; just saying its easy to know if you like girl and boys because your always around both genders, not meeting less then 2% of the population in your entire life is very feasible and more than likely. maybe you just haven't seen an attractive one.
just saying for the sake of argument. ^_~

ta-ta; (>^.)>

Jun 30, 2009 7:29 AM

Jul 2008
Transexual people have masculine or feminine identies though therefore despite their fixed physical sex their gender still falls into gender binary. Thus transexual identity should be considered in bisexual attraction, not seperately.

Like say a man who defines himself as hetrosexual falls in love with a transexual (male to female) without knowing that they were transexual - would he be bisexual? @_@ I would say no, because the person displayed physically, mentally and emotionally what society considers feminine.

I think i've lost my point! ^_^

- Satou Sei
Jun 30, 2009 7:34 AM

Jan 2008
neonlights said:
pansexual is not trendy!!!

Yes it is and has been for decades.

Mortem said:

If you are going to quibble about bi possibly excluding that portion of the probable 1.7% that are physically incongruous with the dual system, then I must quibble that the Pan prefix means that you must sleep with anything and everything -- Rocks, Trees, Children, Transexuals, Pox victims, Corpses, etc.

Then again, catering to the exceptions is almost always a mistake.
Jun 30, 2009 8:59 AM
Aug 2008
Female, bisexual (I think) and I'm pretty happy with that...
I like a girl and that's it^^
Jun 30, 2009 1:42 PM

Dec 2007
stop it with the statistics!

and as said before;

bi = two
pan = many

simple
]
Jun 30, 2009 5:06 PM

Jan 2008
neonlights said:
stop it with the statistics!

and as said before;
bi = two
pan = many
simple

Except that is wrong.

Pan- :
a combining form meaning “all,” occurring originally in loanwords from Greek (panacea; panoply), but now used freely as a general formative (panleukopenia; panorama; pantelegraph; pantheism; pantonality), and esp. in terms, formed at will, implying the union of all branches of a group (Pan-Christian; Panhellenic; Pan-Slavism). The hyphen and the second capital tend with longer use to be lost, unless they are retained in order to set off clearly the component parts.

The prefix which means many is poly, as in Polyamory (of which I am not really a fan either).

I am not even going to bother with the whole statistics complaint, facts are facts. Those statistics were actually from a proponent of the concept.
Jun 30, 2009 7:22 PM

Apr 2009
You said it youself nexist, "all" would include transexuals, etc. So i don't really see what the point of this arguement is. =\
Jun 30, 2009 10:24 PM

Jan 2008
Supernova1337 said:
You said it youself nexist, "all" would include transexuals, etc. So i don't really see what the point of this arguement is. =

I never said it didn't. It would also include children, animals, the dead, the inert, the vegetable, etc.

I just answered a question about why "pansexual" wasn't a choice. I believe it was made clear int he originating post, but as it was posed again, I answered. Should we really cater to every trendy identity group or fetishist? What about the girl who likes those taller than she with orange hair and tongue piercings? When you start pandering, the classification system will eventually break down under the minutia. One may feel that labels are inherently restrictive (they aren't but many people like to feel that way). If so, then one is under no obligation to participate in the labeling game. Same goes for those who feel the system is wrong.

Besides, it is all in good fun. If your ideas aren't strong enough to stand in the light, then they aren't really believed.
Jun 30, 2009 11:24 PM

Apr 2009
I hereby demand that "girl who likes those taller than she with orange hair and tongue piercings" be made a choice! We shall not be ignored!
Jul 1, 2009 6:05 AM

Feb 2009
nexist418 said:

Should we really cater to every trendy identity group or fetishist? What about the girl who likes those taller than she with orange hair and tongue piercings? When you start pandering, the classification system will eventually break down under the minutia. One may feel that labels are inherently restrictive (they aren't but many people like to feel that way). If so, then one is under no obligation to participate in the labeling game. Same goes for those who feel the system is wrong.

Besides, it is all in good fun. If your ideas aren't strong enough to stand in the light, then they aren't really believed.

Supernova1337 said:
I hereby demand that "girl who likes those taller than she with orange hair and tongue piercings" be made a choice! We shall not be ignored!

the purpose of labels such as these is to provide a general understanding of a group on a broad scope, as you complicate it, the purpose is lost because not one understands or knows what your talking about. that is why the system and the labels don't carter to the;
"girl who likes those taller than she with orange hair and tongue piercings"
she already has a place that people will know and understand, rather than making new and repetitive classifications, just make sure that the system has little to no exceptions.
that is my opinion on nex's question; "Should we really cater to every trendy identity group or fetishist?"
kaigenJul 1, 2009 8:49 AM

Jul 1, 2009 8:17 AM

Dec 2007
Hvesier said:
nexist418 said:
Hvesier said:
nexist418 said:

It's kind of cold but it's nothing a microwave can't fix.

Rofl....
xD

Thats kinda gross..
Jul 1, 2009 8:18 AM

Nov 2007
I don't understand! ><

Jul 1, 2009 8:39 AM

Jan 2008
-Kyo said:
Rofl....
xD

Thats kinda gross..

Only "kinda"? To quote Barbarella, "What kind of girl are you!"
Jul 1, 2009 8:40 AM

Jan 2008
Viola said:
I don't understand! ><

Depending on which conversation, you may not want to.... I became jaded before I was 10, & look how I turned out....
Jul 1, 2009 2:47 PM

Feb 2009
and there it is the inevitable joke vote for Zoophilia =_=; oh my its even kinda on topic at this point. o_o just... not in front of me ^_^;

(>^.)>

Jul 1, 2009 4:55 PM

Apr 2009
kaigen said:
and there it is the inevitable joke vote for Zoophilia =_=; oh my its even kinda on topic at this point. o_o just... not in front of me ^_^;

(>^.)>

How do you know its a joke?
Jul 1, 2009 5:17 PM

Jan 2008
Supernova1337 said:
kaigen said:

(>^.)>

Yeah! Are you mocking my sexual preferences?
Jul 2, 2009 12:38 AM

Jul 2008
kaigen said:
I don't mean to pretend like I know anything about you, but the thing is you can't have meet more than two people that are truly muti-gendered (cross dressers don't count for anything in this) so I would think it would be presumptuous of you to say that you have no interest in that type. ^_^; just saying its easy to know if you like girl and boys because your always around both genders, not meeting less then 2% of the population in your entire life is very feasible and more than likely. maybe you just haven't seen an attractive one.
just saying for the sake of argument.

It's just that most of those people have a hard time being accepted by society and that they have quite some emotional turmoil, (Why else would you go trough surgery?) and I just can't handle that kind of person.
Jul 2, 2009 1:28 AM

Apr 2009
Mortem said:
kaigen said:
just saying for the sake of argument.

It's just that most of those people have a hard time being accepted by society and that they have quite some emotional turmoil, (Why else would you go trough surgery?) and I just can't handle that kind of person.

Maybe it's a straight guy with an unhealthy obsession with yuri who just wants nothing more than to have some hawt girl on girl action.

And, i just wanna point out, I am most certainly NOT speaking from experience <_<
Jul 2, 2009 2:56 AM

Jul 2008
Mortem said:

Does that apply only to transexual people, or do you feel that same about anyone who has emotional issues? It's kind of vague to say you're not attracted to a whole social group based on your presumptions of their state of mind.

- Satou Sei
Jul 2, 2009 7:47 AM

Feb 2009
nexist418 said:
Supernova1337 said:
kaigen said:

(>^.)>

Yeah! Are you mocking my sexual preferences?

Unless the person comes out in this forum, and explains why someone with that taste is in this club, it will remain a joke vote in my mind.

and nex, you've had enough off beat life experiences you don't need add that ^_^;
everminded said:
Mortem said:

Does that apply only to transexual people, or do you feel that same about anyone who has emotional issues? It's kind of vague to say you're not attracted to a whole social group based on your presumptions of their state of mind.

good show everminded, I was going to say something smiler, because that statement also is assuming that all Hermaphrodite's are also emotionally unstable. also state or mind rarely determines sexual attraction.

Jul 2, 2009 8:55 AM

Jan 2008
Mortem said:

This gets to why I think Trans-sexualism is a self defeating premise. Studies have put forth that there are two main types of transsexuals. The first is your basic gay man who wants to widen his pool of potential partners. These transsexuals date men after the surgery. The other are fetishists who have fetishized the conception of themselves as female. These tend to date women after their surgery. This means that we have group A which is getting it done rather than accept their homosexuality, and group B which is merely an extreme form of modern primitivism.

Neither of these case are congruent with the "I was born a woman in a man's body" argument. This argument also is in opposition to the whole conception of breaking or transcending gender roles. How can mutilating your flesh in order to mimic the gender to whose stereotypical gender role you feel an affinity transcend the gender roles? It doesn't make sense. Personally, I think they are just trying to find an excuse for their discontent which places responsibility outside of themselves.
Jul 4, 2009 7:35 PM

Apr 2009
Ryujin_Kissaten said:
Between straight and asexual(XD)since I love 2D girls^^

When your love for 2D girls makes you asexual, thats called being a loser.
Jul 4, 2009 10:42 PM

Jan 2008
Supernova1337 said:
When your love for 2D girls makes you asexual, thats called being a loser.

and people say I am mean....

I think it was Bob Black who defined sex as "an increasingly inadequate substitute for masturbation"
Jul 5, 2009 3:48 AM

Apr 2009
The moral of the story, kids, is don't end up like these people:

Jul 5, 2009 4:03 AM

Jul 2008
Say what you want but I would give up my life savings for a Shizuru love pillow. I'm very very disturbed by the fact they are sold out and probably owned by the above gentlemen.

*passes out from blood loss through the nose*

- Satou Sei
Jul 5, 2009 6:51 AM

Aug 2008
lol, now im not ashamed of having bought a couple eroge games, or even having a figurine (plan to buy a saber figurine), but a body pillow? I dunno... =P
Jul 5, 2009 10:54 AM

Apr 2009
Hey hey hey, nothing wrong with eroge games <_<

And I really need to start watching the sub of Mai-HiME, because in the dub she has a southern accent and that's really putting me off of her xD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which type of shoujo-ai/yuri pairings do you like the most? ( 1 2 )

Louchan - Jul 12, 2009

61 by removed-user »»
Jun 12, 2023 9:25 AM

» Ouji-sama nante iranai by Harushion (not on mal!, 200 pages) - Marimite/class-s like

Wannabiteme - Jun 4, 2023

1 by JB-94 »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:17 AM

» what kind of Shoujo-ai &amp; Yuri do you like ? ( 1 2 )

pitman - Aug 3, 2007

85 by HaruHaruLove »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:32 AM

» What anime made you cry? ( 1 2 )

deletemeplzz - Sep 11, 2009

57 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 13, 2023 11:26 AM

» The boundaries of yuri (+ shoujo ai as for mal) - genderbender, crossdressing etc

Wannabiteme - Feb 25, 2016

4 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 12, 2023 5:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.