Forum Settings
Forums

What do you eat if you don't know how to cook and are living alone?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 25, 2011 11:55 AM

Oct 2009
Pasta. Easy to learn recipes. Better than fast food, meh those will kill you.
Fucking insta-noodles when you're on the verge of dying.
Jan 25, 2011 5:20 PM

Nov 2009
The internet is your best friend for recipes, honestly. If you follow them exactly you should have no problems. I've been cooking for almost 10 years now, since I have a different taste from my family food wise, and if a seven year old could cook and not burn the house down/die in the process I think you'll be fine. : D
Jan 26, 2011 6:45 PM

Apr 2008
Jan 26, 2011 8:30 PM

Mar 2009
Don't know how to cook? then you have to eat ramen.

Which is exactly why you need to learn to cook.
Feb 10, 2011 3:11 AM
May 2010
Treats, snacks, biscuits, bread with butter, chocolates. Pretty much anything that doesn't require fire. So much for man's greatest discovery.
Feb 10, 2011 4:59 AM

Dec 2010
Instant noodles, of course. Also, cookies and sandwiches with either of the three: peanut butter, butter & sugar, or coco jam.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2011 5:51 AM

Dec 2010
Everyone should know how to fry eggs at least.. Thats the most basic of the basics..

Also sandwiches are a safe bet =/
Feb 10, 2011 5:56 AM

Dec 2010
CxOo said:
Everyone should know how to fry eggs at least.. Thats the most basic of the basics..

I know.. But they usually end up being a scrambled egg rather than a fried one. Lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2011 5:58 AM
May 2010
AlxandriaAerandr said:
I know.. But they usually end up being a scrambled egg rather than a fried one. Lol.

lol Wait till I try Sunny Side Up. I even have trouble cooking instant noodles (not cup noodles, mind you).
Feb 10, 2011 6:01 AM

Dec 2010
AlxandriaAerandr said:
CxOo said:

I prefer my eggs scrambled xD
anyways juz fry the egg for a longer time and they will resemble fried eggs
Feb 10, 2011 6:02 AM

Sep 2009
Get a wife.
Feb 10, 2011 6:03 AM

Dec 2010
OminousFlare said:
AlxandriaAerandr said:

lol Wait till I try Sunny Side Up. I even have trouble cooking instant noodles (not cup noodles, mind you).

You mean the ones that need to be boiled? And you put the sauce in it? Wait... just sounds like the cup noodles, too. Lol.
Feb 10, 2011 6:04 AM
May 2010
Moimy said:
Get a wife that can cook.

Fix'd.
Feb 10, 2011 6:05 AM

Dec 2010
CxOo said:
AlxandriaAerandr said:
CxOo said:

I prefer my eggs scrambled xD
anyways juz fry the egg for a longer time and they will resemble fried eggs

XD I shall practice cooking one if I have some eggs to spare. Haha.
Feb 10, 2011 6:07 AM
May 2010
AlxandriaAerandr said:
You mean the ones that need to be boiled? And you put the sauce in it?

Yeah... I think. You put it in a pot full of water, add the little packet of flavorings that comes with the noodles (not always sauce; I prefer the chicken-flavored which comes with... well, chicken flavorings), and cook it.

It's harder than cup, though. For one thing, it's a fire hazard. For another, you have to keep watch on the cooking pot rather than just put a cloth over the cup-lid for three minutes.
Feb 10, 2011 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
Moimy said:
Get a wife.

unfortunately they dont just appear when we need them like in ai yori aoshi
Feb 10, 2011 6:12 AM

Dec 2010
OminousFlare said:
AlxandriaAerandr said:
You mean the ones that need to be boiled? And you put the sauce in it?

Yeah... I think. You put it in a pot full of water, add the little packet of flavorings that comes with the noodles (not always sauce; I prefer the chicken-flavored which comes with... well, chicken flavorings), and cook it.

It's harder than cup, though. For one thing, it's a fire hazard. For another, you have to keep watch on the cooking pot rather than just put a cloth over the cup-lid for three minutes.

Ah, yes. That was what I was talking about XD It is a bit harder to cook than the cup noodles. I usually leave those for about 5 mins until it gets soft.

Oh, and I also hate washing the dishes so I prefer eating instant noodles and other packed goods. Yeah, I know. I'm lazy.
Feb 10, 2011 6:13 AM

Dec 2010
OminousFlare said:

...Well.. You could always put the instant noodles into already boiling water, turn off the fire, put the lid on, and cook them exactly how you would cook cup noodles.. :D
Feb 10, 2011 6:16 AM
May 2010
AlxandriaAerandr said:
Oh, and I also hate washing the dishes so I prefer eating instant noodles and other packed goods. Yeah, I know. I'm lazy.

Yeah, I'm lazy too. In fact, I used to leave all the washings to my mum. As I grow older... well, the turns are naturally switched.

But, I really miss those (my mum just buys cup-noodles nowadays due to the hassle of the instant ones), as the instant ones are more fulfilling. Might be just me but, the cup ones just don't have as much substance.

CxOo said:
...Well.. You could always put the instant noodles into already boiling water, turn off the fire, put the lid on, and cook them exactly how you would cook cup noodles.. :D

That's... actually not a bad idea but, I'd think that the water would cool down in the period of three minutes, no matter how long it's boiled, whereas a pot with constant boiling water would seem to serve as more effective in cooking... I think.

Don't look at me, I'm no cook. But this is assuming that the substance of the instant noodles differs from the cup ones, being more 'harder' to boil down.
OminousWrexFeb 10, 2011 6:20 AM
Feb 10, 2011 6:21 AM

Dec 2010
OminousFlare said:
AlxandriaAerandr said:

Yeah, I'm lazy too. In fact, I used to leave all the washings to my mum. As I grow older... well, the turns are naturally switched.

But, I really miss those (my mum just buys cup-noodles nowadays due to the hassle of the instant ones), as the instant ones are more fulfilling. Might be just me but, the cup ones just don't have as much substance.

I agree with you. The instant ones are tastier than the cup noodles.

Damn, this food talk is making me hungry.
Feb 10, 2011 6:23 AM

Aug 2010
I'm in a bit of an odd situation atm, i live on my own about half of the time. Before it was like this i couldn't cook a thing, i'd go for days just eating crappy things like microwave meals, basic salad and of course pizza. A bit of practice and i'm now proficient enough to make a fair few meals.

My best would have to be chilli, certain curry dishes and leek and potato soup. Being vegetarian i don't have a lot to think about when cooking.
Feb 10, 2011 6:25 AM

Dec 2010
Well all in all, instant and cup noodles are really really unhealthy.. So eating them ever day will kill you.. D:

Learning to cook is the best.. Its not that hard you know
Feb 10, 2011 6:28 AM
May 2010
CxOo said:
Well all in all, instant and cup noodles are really really unhealthy.. So eating them ever day will kill you.. D:

That's what my mum told me, what with all those MSG flavorings. But there was this thread back then discussing how MSG does no harm to you at all, contrary to what all the folk tales and elderly made it out to be.
Feb 10, 2011 6:36 AM

Dec 2010
OminousFlare said:

That's what my mum told me, what with all those MSG flavorings. But there was this thread back then discussing how MSG does no harm to you at all, contrary to what all the folk tales and elderly made it out to be.

Oh no no.. The MSG is fine.. Its the high sodium content in said flavorings that will kill in large quantities..
Feb 10, 2011 6:44 AM
May 2010
CxOo said:
Its the high sodium content in said flavorings that will kill in large quantities..

Sodium? As in the same sodium of 'sodium chloride?' As in salt?
Feb 10, 2011 6:49 AM

Dec 2010
OminousFlare said:

Sodium? As in the same sodium of 'sodium chloride?' As in salt?

Yes.. Same sodium in salt.. Sodium is added to instant noodles not as salt, but just sodium
Feb 10, 2011 6:53 AM
May 2010
CxOo said:
Yes.. Same sodium in salt.. Sodium is added to instant noodles not as salt, but just sodium

Well, like I said, we never know what we are really putting into our mouths. Today sodium, tomorrow uranium.
Jul 17, 2021 11:30 PM

May 2018
Cup noodles and bread-butter for sure
Jul 17, 2021 11:31 PM

Dec 2020
And another dead thread found by Doc-Doom....brilliant.³

"I had a dream. Under the full moon, I was a child embraced by nostalgic warmth. But when I wake from the dream, only a vague sense of longing remains...that, too, will soon disappear with a single tear like mountain dew"

Jul 17, 2021 11:34 PM

Jan 2021
Either stock up on instant noodles or go to the closest not-that-unhealthy restaurant
Jul 17, 2021 11:44 PM

Jun 2014
sandwich
Jul 23, 2021 8:39 PM
Feb 2021
Instant ramen, bread or fast.
MAL is like a secondary Reddit.
Jul 26, 2021 8:24 PM

Jul 2020
Frozen pizza ig?
May 8, 2022 7:23 AM

May 2018
I forgot to mention , instant food packs
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» lowercase chat thread v.22 people can't do titles a painful edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Karinara - May 12

4777 by zzz »»
47 seconds ago

» Make a word with the last letter v.16 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Aug 5, 2023

6912 by emptymeadow »»
1 minute ago

» Prediction Game v9 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Steph - Aug 12, 2022

6659 by Dumb »»
2 minutes ago

» Vent something v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Steph - May 7, 2023

6884 by MitsukiHimeka »»
2 minutes ago

» Post the gat

Joesaka - Yesterday

22 by zzz »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.