Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 26, 2018 3:53 AM

Dec 2016
SuzakuTsubasa said:
Also being targeted by cop night 1 was a pain with town not having any doubt about the claim and I might have reacted too late.

That being said, I never roll scum and when I do I know I'm terrible (more than when I'm town), but I thought I was being decent day 1, for once. What sold me or made you target me?

Cops suck. I try my hardest to never put them in games.

As for why I targeted you I felt you'd be the most valuable as confirmed town. I'd made such a mess of the self vote to start that I didn't think anyone had done anything alignment indicative. So given I put equal odds on everyone I felt you were the player most likely to vibe with me as conf!town. If I got a town check back on Phraze I didn't think we'd be able to build a strong alliance given our history of approaching the game completely differently.
Oct 26, 2018 4:40 AM

Feb 2014
That reassures me a bit.
Haha I read that about Phraze so often when I play.

Grapefruit21 said:
@SuzakuTsubasa First off you're right I crossed the line. I was excited and surprised and was not thinking. I'm sorry.

Second I'm confused by your reasoning. The loop is good for you though because you have the Thief ability. You will eventually win because no one will ever be voted guilty with you, dono, and Phraze alive short of someone playing against their win condition. Phraze would have had 95% certainty that you were the thief and dono was basically seeing the same world as me. At 1/1/1 there is no mutuality beneficial vote so the game loops until you NK whoever you are comfortable with. Even at 2/1/1 the game has no guilty majority's with perfect information. Which is basically where Phraze's refusal to vote you on D2 put us. You would always eventually win because we couldn't ever agree on a vote as long as the informant was alive.

I also disagree on the phraze as informant math. With you being the thief it was at least 90%. Her refusal to vote you on D2 when I was confirmed not thief was very telling.

No worries, stuff happens~

You're right, the looping could have been good for me, assuming Phraze kept going with her wincon. I overlooked that, I focused a lot on what could her role be, and given she said I wouldn't win I assumed she would have helped town rather than let me win.

I meant the math more as the probability to roll informant. "3 of (randomized selection between 1 Informant, 1 Vanilla Citizen, 2 host selected Citizens)", so 3 players rolled between 3 town and 1 informant, which means 2 towns (of course), and the third one could roll informant or town.
Otherwise in terms of actions yeah, I wasn't sure day 2, but her self vote day 3 meant informant since it wouldn't make any sense for a townie to waste a day.

Edit:
Also something interesting here is that cop could have been any alignment, unless I missed something. I noticed it too late to try to use it though.

The concept of the game is cool and might be really fun with more players.
SuzakuTsubasaOct 26, 2018 7:43 AM
Oct 26, 2018 7:53 AM

Aug 2012
Ah, sorry Suzaku ><
I trusted the cop claim because I was certain one of the alignment check role was in play (since they can't check me). I did wonder if he was town or thief but your response weren't towny and he had the town-like confidence...

Oct 26, 2018 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
GAME END

The Crimson Moon Thief surrendered for her evil deeds and peace was brought back to the town of Mokemoke.

Citizens are victorious!

Role PMs:

Actions:

Leader Order - Role - Character Role
1. Grapefruit21 - Short-Tempered Citizen - Detective Shamrock
2. aa-dono - Lonely Citizen - Aruru, the Scamp
3. Phraze - Informant - Student Council Miranda
4. SuzakuTsubasa - Crescent Moon Thief - Ruma, a Schoolgirl

N1: Grapefruit21 investigates SuzakuTsubasa - Not a Citizen result
N1: SuzakuTsubasa attacks Grapefruit21 - Success
N3: SuzakuTsubasa attacks Phraze - Success

Randomizer Screenshots:

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING

(totally not a rip-off game)
DenjaXOct 26, 2018 3:32 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Oct 26, 2018 10:52 AM

Nov 2008
Some Host feedbacks:

The game turned out to a worst case for me when players had the information provided by the cop. Having played this game, Shamrock truth claim is always the worst possible mistake in a 4 player set-up in my experience. I have not played the game with more than 4 players because i don't have more friends and even worse, I played a 4 player set-up with just 2 people and "pretend" truthfully about not knowing the information. xDD A lot of the times where fake claims occur such as Thief acting like informant/town, Citizen acting like Thief for the informant and Informant acting like Town for the Thief. This kind of game seems to promote fakeclaiming to no end. I am not sure about a 4+ players tho

I was hoping I could see an 8 player set-up using the resources we had in Mafia Society but alas, we did not have enough players this time. I am really grateful for the players to actually try out this unique game. Perhaps in the future, we could reach 8 players and see the game to its full potential.

@Grapefruit21 You PM me about your reactions and your comment about the gamestate. As host, I am not allowed to respond to you as it can potentially give you tips and hints but I could not resist not commenting lol. You realized your mistake so the only way you could have pushed in Suzaku is to pretend you cop-check someone else and push on Suzaku or should not have claimed Shamrock. But then again, you will never see a Citizen result with this set-up sooo yeah. xDD I believe Shamrock would have been different in a set-up with more than 4 players as Citizens will have voting majority despite an Informant on the lose but in 4 player set-up, Shamrock has to be very careful with sharing her information.

@Phraze I am not sure if you planned about self-voting but an Informant doing that actually has a strategic value to it. You gambled on the Thief to not murder you and basically control the current gamestate when Suzaku becomes the Leader since you have the Character Role for it. If the Thief also used their Character Role to negate someone's vote, there would be a potential win for the Informant. That is why I did not consider it throwing even though your case was strictly situational. Another scenario that could help you win is to actually vote guilty on Suzaku first so that you will look as Town but start voting someone else when you become Leader and even use your Character Role to your advantage. xDD

@SuzakuTsubasa It was unfortunate that you have made a blunder when the game was already very Thief sided when Grapefruit announced your alignment. Like what was already explained, the game could have entered on an endless loop with you having an inevitable victory with your night kills and Informant to never vote guilty against you as part of their wincon. If it makes you feel a little bit better, Grapefruit gave up on the game so technically, you have won but I did not want to end it like that as a host :( And yes, Shamrock can be of any alignment. She could be Thief or Informant depending on the RNG xDD Also, Thief can steal themselves. It is usually a strategy to immediately remove suspicion at them but since I told you this already, Citizens next time will look at potential self-stealing. xDD

@aa-dono When you did not claim your Character role, it would have been funny if Shamrock investigated you instead. It could be seen as very anti-town to potentially mess with Shamrock's result and you did not come out with your Character Role at all. xDD

Question Time:
1. What do you think about the game?
2. What do you think of the set-ups?
3. What do you think should be changed/improved?
4. Will you want to play again if there's another Kemomimi Panic game?
5. Anything about how I can improve as the host?
6. Additional~
DenjaXOct 26, 2018 11:03 AM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Oct 26, 2018 11:04 AM

Oct 2011
Grapefruit21 said:
Assuming it isn't another Crimson moon night. Then we lose. And I have no remaining confidence that anyone except maybe Phraze understood this game.
was a nice read xD (wanted to say right away but.. game should end first lol)

Oct 26, 2018 11:07 AM

Nov 2008
Phraze said:
Grapefruit21 said:
Assuming it isn't another Crimson moon night. Then we lose. And I have no remaining confidence that anyone except maybe Phraze understood this game.
was a nice read xD (wanted to say right away but.. game should end first lol)
The game ended. Finished editing my afterthoughts. xDD Thank you for playing. I respect that.

Oct 26, 2018 11:43 AM

Oct 2011
DenjaX said:

@Phraze I am not sure if you planned about self-voting but an Informant doing that actually has a strategic value to it. You gambled on the Thief to not murder you and basically control the current gamestate when Suzaku becomes the Leader since you have the Character Role for it. If the Thief also used their Character Role to negate someone's vote, there would be a potential win for the Informant. That is why I did not consider it throwing even though your case was strictly situational. Another scenario that could help you win is to actually vote guilty on Suzaku first so that you will look as Town but start voting someone else when you become Leader and even use your Character Role to your advantage. xDD
was expecting the thief would side me lol. win solution for us both, followed by betting on our chara role to determine the end result.
Suzaku would've eliminated Grape and name me suspect/guilty to put me at kill-1. Dono gets leader again and she gets kingmaker + decoy which would make my role useless to me >.> outting myself to ask thief to kill + vote citizen was best bet.

great. but lots of fun taken out by early claiming... small playerbase shouldn't claim -.-
open setup is cool
less time OR make the suspect unable to vote OR minimum 5 players OR rng lynch. those even-number votes were a drag.
ofc
idk
6. Additional~
I'm always bullied as tpr ;-;

Oct 26, 2018 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
DenjaX said:

@aa-dono When you did not claim your Character role, it would have been funny if Shamrock investigated you instead. It could be seen as very anti-town to potentially mess with Shamrock's result and you did not come out with your Character Role at all. xDD

Question Time:
6. Additional~
Haha, I did thought about claiming on day 1 but while I was mulling over it, Grape claimed cop.
And then I thought, "why not make sure he doesn't check me?", plus simultaneously get more conversation going~
That's why I came out with that fake town-reading Phraze. It was in a way to plant something in grape's head between just the two of them and make sure he doesn't think me as an option and to see their reaction.
I did thought that it might be bad for me later on to claim the role, but Suzaku and Phraze both didn't really try to lynch anyone. They were trying to survive~ I don't think I needed to claim anymore since I doubt Grape would lynch me at all.

1. It was interesting
2 & 3. Would be better if there's no cop and tpr in the 4-player setup.
4. Yeah
5. Nah, you're cool.

Oct 26, 2018 3:20 PM

Feb 2014
DenjaX said:
N1: Grapefruit21 investigates Phraze - Not a Citizen result

Did Grape target Phraze and I got tricked?

DenjaX said:
@SuzakuTsubasa It was unfortunate that you have made a blunder when the game was already very Thief sided when Grapefruit announced your alignment. Like what was already explained, the game could have entered on an endless loop with you having an inevitable victory with your night kills and Informant to never vote guilty against you as part of their wincon. If it makes you feel a little bit better, Grapefruit gave up on the game so technically, you have won but I did not want to end it like that as a host :( And yes, Shamrock can be of any alignment. She could be Thief or Informant depending on the RNG xDD Also, Thief can steal themselves. It is usually a strategy to immediately remove suspicion at them but since I told you this already, Citizens next time will look at potential self-stealing. xDD

Wait. I could steal myself?!
I wanted to ask you, but thought the answer would be no. That was my plan A. Had to go with plan C, since plan B involved me not being checked (never forget: plan Bs always fail anyway, just jump to plan C.)

As I thought I should have tried to push an informant Grapefruit right at day 2, but noticed that possibility too late. Seeing why Grape got me, I'm actually a bit proud since I wasn't too scummy until cop checked me, it happened night 1 but still better than nothing considering I never roll scum. xD

Phraze's last comment about how I wasn't going to win made me think that even if I could get closer to winning, she would rather go against her wincon since I didn't side with her. I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't killed her night 3.

DenjaX said:
Question Time:
6. Additional~

1. The game was very interesting and I'll admit that I underestimated the setup at first. Must be real fun with more players.

2. Given that there are many unused roles and all, open setup like that is cool. Everyone needs information since everyone is blind. Also having every role being rolled regardless of alignment makes for something really interesting, as no claim can really be trusted.

3. I would agree with the others opinion about cop in a 4 players setup, but seeing the roll it was really just a stroke of luck (well, more like a lack of luck from my perspective) so I would say it was cool though it's frustrating for thief. I gotta say that I cursed my luck this day: someone rolled cop and could use their ability night 1.
Just the fact that the person being voted can vote guilty or innocent is a bit weird as I can't think of someone voting guilty on themselves and it can easily lead to loops.

4. If I have time when it comes, sure~
Small setups are refreshing.

5. I don't know. You were cool.
The change of pace at the end was welcome, and you reacted quickly.

6. I tried to keep going for as long as I could since I think it must be sad for a host to see someone give up but still: sorry for giving up in the end.

Phraze said:

I'm sorry.
I half wanted to keep you alive, but I could only see you winning if I sided with you. Next time I'll probably give more thoughts to your threats and maybe get tricked.
Oct 26, 2018 3:31 PM

Nov 2008
SuzakuTsubasa said:
DenjaX said:
N1: Grapefruit21 investigates Phraze - Not a Citizen result

Did Grape target Phraze and I got tricked?
oops my bad. You were switched last minute. xDD Grapefruit investigated you.

Oct 26, 2018 3:37 PM

Feb 2014
Phew, you scared me for a second there. xD
SuzakuTsubasaOct 26, 2018 3:54 PM
Oct 26, 2018 4:57 PM

Dec 2016
I fas o incredibly under did my theory gaming on D1... It really should have been obvious that it was bad to claim a not a town result. Though incredibly hilarious that I would have got a not town result on anyone. The game would have been fascinating if I'd checked dono.

@DenjaX
1. I didn't really enjoy this game. It's wholly my own fault for freaking the gamestate but it still detracted from my enjoyment.

2. Cops suck. Ban them.

3. See 2 but mostly play with odd numbers. The game is on a knife's edge to start with 4. And it revolves around lying and playing against your goals which can be interesting isn't with player's just learning the game.

4. I would consider playing. I think it could be fascinating with more players. Though if it had more I wouldn't want the phases shortened.

5. Thanks for listening to my spiral of despair as I realized what I did.

6. I respect that.
Grapefruit21Oct 26, 2018 5:00 PM
Oct 26, 2018 4:58 PM

Oct 2011
aa-dono said:

I did thought that it might be bad for me later on to claim the role, but Suzaku and Phraze both didn't really try to lynch anyone. They were trying to survive~ I don't think I needed to claim anymore since I doubt Grape would lynch me at all.
me?? o.o i was dragging things for my benefit >o>

SuzakuTsubasa said:

Wait. I could steal myself?!
I wanted to ask you, but thought the answer would be no. That was my plan A. Had to go with plan C, since plan B involved me not being checked (never forget: plan Bs always fail anyway, just jump to plan C.)

lol I was thinking to shade Grape with that. his play was pretty fishy fmpov, claiming cop right away. [and I don't think to check with host when speculating decoy steal]

Phraze's last comment about how I wasn't going to win made me think that even if I could get closer to winning, she would rather go against her wincon since I didn't side with her. I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't killed her night 3.
oh... I was gonna vote u for voting me xP I would def lose with a decoy down. if u voted me innocent, and killed Grape + vote Dono (aka put at kill-1), then we would've had a fairer chance of role vs role later, with Dono struggling to live.
math #156 #158

Phraze said:

I'm sorry.
I half wanted to keep you alive, but I could only see you winning if I sided with you. Next time I'll probably give more thoughts to your threats and maybe get tricked.
XD
PhrazeOct 26, 2018 5:02 PM

Oct 26, 2018 8:07 PM

Dec 2016
If it had been a 5 player game I think my claiming cop would have been good. But it was just about the worst thing I could do in a 4 player game.
Oct 26, 2018 8:08 PM

Dec 2016
Was there a spectator thread at all? I'd love to read it if there was.
Oct 26, 2018 8:34 PM

Nov 2008
Grapefruit21 said:
Nah. There wasn't any xDD

Oct 26, 2018 9:05 PM

Sep 2016
DenjaX said:
Grapefruit21 said:
Nah. There wasn't any xDD
*glares*
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated MEMBER Posts! v1 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SoulEaterQUEEN - Mar 26, 2016

1990 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3811 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8751 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:41 PM

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2867 by Serafos »»

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1160 by Serafos »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.