Basic Mafia v4: Haruhi Suzumiya Mafia | Game Over - Mafia and Third Party Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2017 11:55 AM

Oct 2014
Phraze said:
@logic340
Do you think that Sonata is either overzealous town or sacrificial scum?
or scum purposely looking scummy to go off the hook.

What even is this. It makes no sense that I would do that, I'm not even doing that, I don't think I look scummy, I just look stupid.

logic340 said:
Kit, LucianRoy, Sonata, PentaFlare scum team?

You think?

Vote: Pentaflare
Jan 4, 2017 12:00 PM

Jan 2010
Sonata said:
Phraze said:
@logic340
or scum purposely looking scummy to go off the hook.

What even is this. It makes no sense that I would do that, I'm not even doing that, I don't think I look scummy, I just look stupid.

logic340 said:

You think?

Nah not really just a question.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jan 4, 2017 12:01 PM

Jan 2010
Sonata said:
logic340 said:

You think?

Got a reason or some support for you vote there?

Jan 4, 2017 12:02 PM

May 2012
Sonata said:
You think?

Is this a vote to prove you are not a team or because you suspect/want to pressure Penta?
Jan 4, 2017 12:04 PM

Jan 2010
Kit said:
I honestly don't remember you saying we should look at Bursama, but I was already suspicious of him from his first post anyway, and moreso after 40 flipped town. I didn't want to say it in case it was right and I would get night killed. Last game I was killed for simply suggesting Togs MIGHT be scum.. o_o I'm trying new approaches every game, so I apologize for tunneling on 40 and not discussing other options with you (though I also didn't really want a last minute panic switch to a different person, because that makes analysis confusing)
You say you were suspicious of Bursama but you didn't find it weird that he was on the 40 train with you?

Jan 4, 2017 12:08 PM

Jan 2010
Unvote Lets see where this leads us....not sure I am cool with that train anymore.

Jan 4, 2017 12:09 PM

Nov 2015
🌟 Vote Count 3.6 🌟

PentaFlare (2): DenjaX, Sonata
Gruffin (2): Oyasumi_Rosie, Phraze

Phraze (1): Lord_Sithis
logic340 (1): Grapefruit21
Lord_Sithis (1): Gruffin

Not Voting (4): Kit, LucianRoy, PentaFlare, logic340

With 11 alive, it’s 6 players to majority lynch.
If a majority lynch is not achieved by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched instead.

>>Day 3 Timer<<
Jan 4, 2017 12:20 PM

Oct 2014
@logic340 @Gruffin yes, I'm leaning towards Penta being scum, I was just voting to add up pressure to the vote, I'm preparing a case on Kit this day phase.
Jan 4, 2017 12:23 PM

Jan 2010
Sonata said:
@logic340 @Gruffin yes, I'm leaning towards Penta being scum, I was just voting to add up pressure to the vote, I'm preparing a case on Kit this day phase.
What do you find scummy about Penta?

Jan 4, 2017 12:24 PM

May 2012
Hey, I've got an idea. There's something I've heard of called "Finger of Supicion" (FoS) that people use as an unofficial vote to say who they would be voting if not for certain situations. Think we could use that here to prevent any more unnecessary hammering but still keep up the pressure?
Jan 4, 2017 12:49 PM

Oct 2014
logic340 said:
Sonata said:
What do you find scummy about Penta?

I feel sorry for saying this since I tricked him but here I go.

First, that he voted up confirmed town 2 out of 2 times. Though I hammered Bursama's vote, I was trying to find out with it aswell if Penta was actually town or not (since he gave up being the one with the power to hammer it quite easily, I thought that he was town for sure if he really didn't wanna have that in the case Bursama was mafia). Since the opposite happens though, his move was scummier than usual instead of townier than usual (which would have been the case if Bursama flipped scum).

It's a long thing, but I don't want to stir up mud against him since he's not really gonna be online during this phase and I wasn't the one who started the train anyway.
Jan 4, 2017 12:51 PM

Oct 2014
Gruffin said:
Hey, I've got an idea. There's something I've heard of called "Finger of Supicion" (FoS) that people use as an unofficial vote to say who they would be voting if not for certain situations. Think we could use that here to prevent any more unnecessary hammering but still keep up the pressure?

I'm cool w/ that. I would be voting up Penta but he's not here, so unvote and Vote: Kit, who can actually feel the pressure. I encourage you guys to do the same if you scumread Kit.
Jan 4, 2017 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
I'm here! Catching up!
Jan 4, 2017 1:31 PM

Jan 2010
Lord_Sithis said:
I'm here! Catching up!
talk with you soon.

Jan 4, 2017 1:47 PM

Jan 2010
@DenjaX I know you're not the best with reads but is there something you see that some of us maybe missing?

Jan 4, 2017 1:53 PM

May 2012
Are we the only three online again? lol.
Jan 4, 2017 1:55 PM

Nov 2008
logic340 said:
DenjaX I know you're not the best with reads but is there something you see that some of us maybe missing?
I am still at page 21 and I find this post interesting:

Sonata said:
Second, I'm not asking to be pardoned, in fact what I meant by "taking responsibility" was offering myself up for a lynch in case there were no clues to follow and to give you security of my alignment if anything, I was just that sure that he'd flip scum (almost as sure as I am or was that Soren is scum aswell), but alas, I failed at being a good town, so I might aswell be lynched if that will bring tranquilty to the masses. Something I will say though, is that I am not (in the game context) scum, although my move and my person might as well be so.

So yeah, do as you please, I will just follow your guys' lead and point out whatever ideas I have but not make any decisive moves myself, since it hasn't worked for me lately which is kinda sad.

That's it. Pentaflare I hope you'll forgive me, personally.
The one that I bolded. See how Sonata knew that Soren is town even though it is still the Night Phase before Soren got killed. After the mislynch of Bursama, Sonata becomes too apologetic that he was "wrong" about his convictions and also included his conviction against Soren as well. To me, his act is mixed with crocodile tears to the point that he may have actually slipped in the process. xDD I mean, how could Sonata knew Soren is town?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 4, 2017 1:59 PM

May 2012
DenjaX said:
The one that I bolded. See how Sonata knew that Soren is town even though it is still the Night Phase before Soren got killed. After the mislynch of Bursama, Sonata becomes too apologetic that he was "wrong" about his convictions and also included his conviction against Soren as well. To me, his act is mixed with crocodile tears to the point that he may have actually slipped in the process. xDD I mean, how could Sonata knew Soren is town?
But Sonata said that they thought Soren was scum, not town.

Edit: Or is it based on the "am or was" line?
Jan 4, 2017 2:02 PM

Jan 2008
Thanks for answering here, I think I can understand where you're coming from.

ok, fair

Only if you feel like there's something to defend

I said it's understandable so I'm not sure how that was supposed to make anyone guilty. I was answering Logic because he asked

agree. I was looking at lucian not cause i had a strong scum read but because i am running out of people that are overtly scummy (and lynching overtly scummy people isn't working)

Avoiding lynch lock for times when I'll be away from the game for like 12 hours. But maybe i'll vote tonight after I catch up on everything, idk

1. Phraze for behaving unusually/being a bit more inactive than usual, Sithis bc they just seemed sketchy i guess.
2. Leaning town
3. I guess I was reaching, but I was frustrated that we could claim but apparently not allowed to analyze the flavor of the claim like i've done in previous games. it's misleading because a claim is supposed to somehow reassure us that the person is town but we can't analyze it.
3.5 I don't keep goals in mind. My goals for every game in general are to stay up to date with the posts in the thread and try to respond to all or most of my pings. If there is something that bothers me I point it out or ask questions. And sometimes I re-read or do ISO's if I have the motivation.
4. I still didn't ISO sithis and I'm not caught up so, sorry can't update you on that now.

I didn't like that I ended up agreeing with him, but I decided to trust him for that day.

/pings

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 4, 2017 2:02 PM

Nov 2008
Gruffin said:
Yeah but if Sonata thought that Soren was scum and admit that he was wrong before the flip, then Sonata considered Soren town. But how is that possible?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 4, 2017 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
Phraze said:
@Lord_Sithis
No. When you mentioned me and another player (can't recall now) as scum, they asked you, and you replied with a completely different thing. Do some re-reading.
not interested. backreading to dig out my old reads was a pain alrdy. hmm wait, u meant with Grapefruit? I alrdy clarified that I mixed up his and Gruffin's names.
Like this:
Phraze said:
So you find Sithis mixing in negatives in his posts as a scumread? I...don't think that in particular was alignment indicative. Going to need better reasoning than this because this looks like you are making assumptions about Sithis' motives.
I'm sure someone said it before some other game.. scum like to put shade at the end of a useful post. the more assorted they are in an entire post, the more they're trying to neutralize it.

Mudflinging eh? Phraze voted for me on Day 1, and now he says I'm mudflinging. She has not explained this, when Gruffin asked her she never explained it.
I did. I said ur posts had negative in there, as Lucian pointed out. love the colorcoding method.
The reason for suspecting me makes no sense. "Scum like to put shade at the end of a useful post". No, I wrote my reads in the order "Town -> Neutral -> Scum", nothing special about that. And "ur posts had negative in there", what does that mean? You've been voting me and suspecting me for no reason since day 1. Same with other people, they have asked you questions that you dodge or never answer, and they have pointed this out to you.
Jan 4, 2017 2:11 PM

May 2012
DenjaX said:
Gruffin said:
Yeah but if Sonata thought that Soren was scum and admit that he was wrong before the flip, then Sonata considered Soren town. But how is that possible?
I think she was talking about being wrong about Bursama, not Soren.
Jan 4, 2017 2:12 PM

Nov 2008
Gruffin said:
I think she was talking about being wrong about Bursama, not Soren.
I guess Bursama's name is now Soren, eh? xDD I respect that.

Jan 4, 2017 2:15 PM

May 2012
Or like, the Bursama flip shook their confidence in their read on Soren?
Jan 4, 2017 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
@DenjaX Welcome :D
Jan 4, 2017 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
Finished reading!
Jan 4, 2017 2:22 PM

Jan 2010
@Lord_Sithis where do you stand on Sonata, Gruffin, and Kit?

Jan 4, 2017 2:22 PM

May 2012
@DenjaX Have you noticed anything else?
Jan 4, 2017 2:26 PM

Nov 2008
Gruffin said:
DenjaX Have you noticed anything else?
You oddly defending Sonata. You town read him?

Jan 4, 2017 2:29 PM

May 2012
DenjaX said:
Gruffin said:
DenjaX Have you noticed anything else?
You oddly defending Sonata. You town read him?
I've got a weak townlean on them.
The defense wasn't so much for Sonata, but pointing out what I felt was a flaw in your reasoning.
Jan 4, 2017 2:34 PM

Jan 2010
Gruffin said:
or Sonata could just tell us instead of you giving us speculation.

vote: Gruffin I've never real shaken my really game suspicion. Though I agree with your position on Lucian but that doesn't clear you add town. You just said not to long you'd let Lucian defend himself so why defend Sonata?

Jan 4, 2017 2:35 PM

Nov 2008
Gruffin said:
I've got a weak townlean on them.
The defense wasn't so much for Sonata, but pointing out what I felt was a flaw in your reasoning.
That is for Sonata to respond. I can't say it is flawed if you leave the real reasonings to mere speculation. I need to hear it from the man himself. Don't attempt to guide him for answers. Do it in your secret club.

Jan 4, 2017 2:36 PM

Dec 2016
Getting caught up will respond soon. And phraze is right useless vote.

Unvote
Jan 4, 2017 2:36 PM

May 2012
Well dang. I guess I can't help myself, can I?
Jan 4, 2017 2:38 PM

May 2012
logic340 said:
Gruffin said:

vote: Gruffin I've never real shaken my really game suspicion. Though I agree with your position on Lucian but that doesn't clear you add town. You just said not to long you'd let Lucian defend himself so why defend Sonata?
As I said, I wasn't meaning to defend Sonata, but point out something I didn't agree with Denja on.
Jan 4, 2017 2:39 PM

Nov 2008
Gruffin said:
The best moment to catch scum is to pressure someone at its weakest form. There, we can flesh out their true intentions for town. Confucius said that once.

Jan 4, 2017 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
logic340 said:
@Lord_Sithis where do you stand on Sonata, Gruffin, and Kit?
Sonata leans town. Gruffin and Kit are neutral.
Jan 4, 2017 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
Gruffin said:
As I said, I wasn't meaning to defend Sonata, but point out something I didn't agree with Denja on.
You did not agree with me because it is flawed and countered by your speculations? Is that even an acceptable reason to disagree on? You mind read Sonata?

Jan 4, 2017 2:43 PM

May 2012
DenjaX said:
Gruffin said:
The best moment to catch scum is to pressure someone at its weakest form. There, we can flesh out their true intentions for town. Confucius said that once.

But yeah, I'll stop meddling now. >_< Sorry about that.
Jan 4, 2017 2:46 PM

Oct 2014
DenjaX said:
logic340 said:
DenjaX I know you're not the best with reads but is there something you see that some of us maybe missing?
I am still at page 21 and I find this post interesting:

Sonata said:
Second, I'm not asking to be pardoned, in fact what I meant by "taking responsibility" was offering myself up for a lynch in case there were no clues to follow and to give you security of my alignment if anything, I was just that sure that he'd flip scum (almost as sure as I am or was that Soren is scum aswell), but alas, I failed at being a good town, so I might aswell be lynched if that will bring tranquilty to the masses. Something I will say though, is that I am not (in the game context) scum, although my move and my person might as well be so.

So yeah, do as you please, I will just follow your guys' lead and point out whatever ideas I have but not make any decisive moves myself, since it hasn't worked for me lately which is kinda sad.

That's it. Pentaflare I hope you'll forgive me, personally.

?????

That is not what I meant, you're misreading on purpose or something. I meant that I thought he is, or was, since it was all depending on whether Bursama was scum or not (I was sure that Bursama was scum only because Soren had defended him day 1 yet didn't defend 0x40). I think you're just trying to see what's not there.
Jan 4, 2017 2:47 PM

Jan 2010
Gruffin said:
logic340 said:

I think we've all made it it clear how we feel. I'm not sold on town!sonata just yet. I'd defiantly like to hear their take on Denja's question.

For now what are your thoughts on Penta

Jan 4, 2017 2:47 PM

Oct 2014
DenjaX said:
Gruffin said:

Again, I did not consider Soren town until I saw that Bursama was town aswell.
Jan 4, 2017 2:49 PM

Jan 2010
Sonata said:
DenjaX said:

I'm not really seeing how one is contingent on the other.

Jan 4, 2017 2:50 PM

May 2012
DenjaX said:
Gruffin said:
You did not agree with me because it is flawed and countered by your speculations? Is that even an acceptable reason to disagree on? You mind read Sonata?
I did not agree because I thought I understood what they meant clearly by what they wrote. The part about being shaken by Bursama's flip is an assumption (heck, most behavioral analysis is), but the part where Sonata is talking about Bursama and not Soren is not. So I pointed it out in case you were trying to twist facts or were misreading something.
Jan 4, 2017 2:52 PM

Nov 2015
🌟 Vote Count 3.7 🌟

Gruffin (3): Oyasumi_Rosie, Phraze, logic340
PentaFlare (1): DenjaX
Phraze (1): Lord_Sithis
Lord_Sithis (1): Gruffin
Kit (1): Sonata

Not Voting (4): Kit, LucianRoy, PentaFlare, Grapefruit21

With 11 alive, it’s 6 players to majority lynch.
If a majority lynch is not achieved by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched instead.

>>Day 3 Timer<<
Jan 4, 2017 2:52 PM

Oct 2014
logic340 said:
Sonata said:

I'm not really seeing how one is contingent on the other.

Read the post above that one. Also, it was part of the long ass post that I ended up deleting about the happenings of day 1. tl;dr was that I had a heavy scumread on Soren and that since he defended Bursama and Bursama only in day 1 I thought they might have been teaming up, checking the vote counts during day 1 time aswell. That's why when I saw Bursama was town I started doubting that Soren was town, nothing else.
Jan 4, 2017 2:53 PM

May 2012
logic340 said:
I think we've all made it it clear how we feel. I'm not sold on town!sonata just yet. I'd defiantly like to hear their take on Denja's question.

For now what are your thoughts on Penta
Yeah.
I'm still working on my read of Penta for now. If you want a quick impression I've gotten from them, then they've been asking a bunch of questions aimed at gaining insight into others' thoughts, which is a plus. I'll have to go back and really look at what they've said though.
Jan 4, 2017 3:07 PM

Jan 2010
Sonata said:
DenjaX said:

so walk me through how Bursama's flip proves Soren is town to you?

Jan 4, 2017 3:08 PM

Nov 2008
Sonata said:
?????

That is not what I meant, you're misreading on purpose or something. I meant that I thought he is, or was, since it was all depending on whether Bursama was scum or not (I was sure that Bursama was scum only because Soren had defended him day 1 yet didn't defend 0x40). I think you're just trying to see what's not there.
How would you be for certain? When I was catching up, I initially thought Soren was fakeclaiming cop to save Bursama. I don't see how Bursama's flip waver your convictions against Soren too easily. You could think that Soren is White Knighting Bursama or you probably knew Soren is town. You just dropped your suspicion entirely.

Gruffin said:
I did not agree because I thought I understood what they meant clearly by what they wrote. The part about being shaken by Bursama's flip is an assumption (heck, most behavioral analysis is), but the part where Sonata is talking about Bursama and not Soren is not. So I pointed it out in case you were trying to twist facts or were misreading something.
So you are saying your assumption is better than mine? I still fail to see why your assumption can hold ground on my case on Sonata. I got my assumption, hence, it results to my questioning. And all I got was your answers and not Sonata's.

Jan 4, 2017 3:12 PM

May 2012
DenjaX said:
So you are saying your assumption is better than mine? I still fail to see why your assumption can hold ground on my case on Sonata. I got my assumption, hence, it results to my questioning. And all I got was your answers and not Sonata's.
No, I was putting my opinion out there so we could discuss.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.