Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 1, 2015 1:11 PM

Mar 2010
Crowlage said:
Should we add Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane into the manga relations? It's pretty far in chapter by now. (Chapter 37)

Why should his be added? I don't want to sound rude, I'm genuinely asking.

I've just realised that we don't have neither Yuuki Yuuna etc. nor Cross Ange on the list. Do you agree that both should be added? In both cases there's either yuri or subtext in almost every episode.

And I also realised that I have a weird association between Cross Ange and noodle soup. I need to find something else to eat while watching.
Jan 2, 2015 8:20 PM

Sep 2014
HikaruIzumi said:
Crowlage said:
Should we add Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane into the manga relations? It's pretty far in chapter by now. (Chapter 37)

Why should his be added? I don't want to sound rude, I'm genuinely asking.

I've just realised that we don't have neither Yuuki Yuuna etc. nor Cross Ange on the list. Do you agree that both should be added? In both cases there's either yuri or subtext in almost every episode.

Majo to Houki is just straight up yuri, It not having a yuri tag on MAL is just MAL being MAL.

I agree on Yuuki Yuuna, that really should be on here. Cross Ange too, probably, I guess.
And what about adding WIXOSS and Robot Girls Z? WIXOSS has major subtext all over as well as more-than-subtext in the 2nd season. RGZ has subtext and
OriginalGengarJan 2, 2015 8:27 PM
Jan 3, 2015 4:10 AM

Apr 2013
Him.
(...)
Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Jan 3, 2015 4:35 AM

Apr 2014
... Sorry but what's so funny? I didn't get it.
All hail Great Firewall of China.
Jan 3, 2015 4:44 AM

Apr 2013
Character Hikaru posted is from Powerpuff Girls and his name is "Him" ;)
Jan 3, 2015 4:49 AM

Apr 2014
Eh, I watched that when I was a kid but u know, I didn't know those English names by then...
Don't even remember this character.
All hail Great Firewall of China.
Jan 3, 2015 5:37 AM

Apr 2013
Don't even remember this character.

*le gasp*
Jan 3, 2015 6:55 AM

Dec 2014
Mojo Jojo is the more prominent villain. I was like 5 when I watched it, he's the only one I remember, also remembered that I like Bubbles. Everything else is too hazy
Jan 3, 2015 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
Him is my favorite baddie from PPG, by far.
Jan 3, 2015 8:14 AM

Mar 2010
Him is my favorite baddie from PPG, by far.

Oh, good, I was worried I'd get kicked out from the club. It would have been totally worth it.
SuiNoByakkoJun 29, 2017 9:49 PM
Jan 10, 2015 5:28 PM

Dec 2014
I just realized Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Majutsu no Index II are not there. They have the same awesome crazy teleporting lesbian as Toaru Kagaku no railgun. There is an undeniably Yuri character in that series. Can it be added?
Jan 10, 2015 7:07 PM

Sep 2014
Railgun:

I realize we don't have R.O.D on this list though, neither the OVA nor The TV. There's subtext in both shows and in The TV one of supporting characters actually confirms her feelings for a girl in the main cast. On top of that, there's basically a yuri love triangle going on.
Jan 10, 2015 7:12 PM

Dec 2014
I think you mean Misaka because Kuroko joining Touma's Harem is just plain ridiculous.

So if Misaka joins Touma's Harem, Railgun is still viable as Kuroko has one-sided Yuri towards Misaka. One sided Yuri is still Yuri

If Kuroko joins Touma's Harem, I'll just give up on the whole series completely.
Jan 10, 2015 8:19 PM

Sep 2014
Ah, yeah, you are right, I've been rereading the posts and they actually just complain about the anime treating Yuri like shit. Haven't seen the series' or read the mangas, so I wouldn't know.
Jan 11, 2015 3:24 AM

Mar 2010
@CorruptedPurity I need more explanation about yuri in the anime. How much of it is there? How important are the characters? How relevant is it? Is it just one-sided or not?

The reason why I need these things is that there are many anime with subtext one-sided yuri that got rejected for the very reason and also anime with yuri where the yuri plays a part for 2-3 episodes and then disappears for good, those also got rejected. We can't have on out list every single anime that has hints of yuri because it would be very confusing for those who use it as some sort of recommendation. Yuri should be either focus or a very important part. Or most characters behave like closeted lesbians. *stares at Yuru Yuri*

@OG R.O.D. OVA was in our OVA spotlight once too, so adding both.
Jan 11, 2015 3:53 AM

Jan 2013
Regarding Railgun/Index:
One-sided yuri crush only for the comedy, the other girl is tsundere for the main guy of Index. If anything just add Kuroko to the character relations.
Jan 11, 2015 4:01 AM

Dec 2014
It is an opened one sided Yuri that has become very relevant to the series. Kuroko, the MC's best friend fell in love with the MC(They're both girls). And this has been going on for the entire series and is obviously not subtext.

Yuri is not the main genre but is very obvious and plays a huge part in Kuroko's character development. The only downside is that it is one-sided.

Another distinguishing characteristic of Kuroko's is her feelings of romantic love towards Mikoto. In the ongoing Railgun manga her affections appear to be genuine and that she is truly in love with Mikoto. She even allows herself to get severely hurt in order to do what she can to help Mikoto.

From the Wiki

She has been apparently in love with Misaka Mikoto for a long time, whom she calls "Onee-sama" (big sister); when she has the chance she keeps a constant lookout for a chance to get physically intimate with Misaka (getting called a pervert and electroshocked in the process), and tends to get jealous if someone else gets her attention.

Same source.

tl;dr: Yes, there is alot of consistent yuri scenes, only downside that it is one-sided
Jan 11, 2015 4:02 AM

Dec 2014
Aipom said:
Regarding Railgun/Index:
One-sided yuri crush only for the comedy, the other girl is tsundere for the main guy of Index. If anything just add Kuroko to the character relations.

Actually, I'm fine with this... Since she is more or less everything Yuri about Railgun. Nothing screams yuri louder than Kuroko
Jan 11, 2015 4:26 AM

Mar 2010
Alright, since we reached a conclusion, I'll add Kuroko to the character relations.

Btw CorruptedPurity has my signature. XD lolMAL
Jan 11, 2015 4:31 AM

Dec 2014
Well done MAL... actually looks kinda good on me...
Jan 11, 2015 4:59 AM

Mar 2010
I kinda like what this looks like. It makes me look like I have special psychic powers. My signature is in posts all around me but not on mine.

Everything should be added by now. Sorry for taking a while, I'm studying at the same time as doing everything else.
Jan 11, 2015 8:57 AM

Feb 2013
Wasn't sure where to put this but so here goes.
Another new airing show this season could potentially fall under "Borderline AKA Yuri goggles needed" and might be worth a watch. Main cast looks to be all female.

Koufuku Graffiti by Shaft
The story follows Ryou, a middle school girl who lives by herself. She has a knack for cooking and makes friendships with everyone through her food. The cooking manga is "full of detailed cuisine art to whet the appetite and slightly erotic meal scenes." The "koufuku" in the title is a wordplay on two Japanese homonyms—one which means "happiness," and another that means "appetite."

Yeah, This scene Here?...
And then there's this:
It speaks for itself
Jan 11, 2015 9:46 AM

Mar 2010
Thanks for bringing the show up. If you want you can keep us updated on the yuriness of the anime as it airs but I'd rather not add something until it's at least in the middle or close to it and yuri (subtext) plays a big part in it. If you have potential yuri anime, you can write it in comments (also the updating via comments, please). After half of it airs (or at least after one season), we can discuss adding it in relations list.
Jan 11, 2015 9:55 AM

Feb 2013
Would be glad to do that. Currently watching the first episode so will come back with a better opinion. Didn't plan on having it added yet, was not sure where give the information. Will use the comments from now on c:
Jan 11, 2015 10:13 AM

Sep 2014
Nice, thanks for updating, I was planning to keep an eye on that show.
Jan 13, 2015 5:49 AM

Sep 2014
We don't have Gunjo on our Manga List, so I really think we should add that.

Also, we don't have everything by Takemiya on the list yet, with Chouchou Nannan, Kirakira and Game still missing.
Jan 14, 2015 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
Well, by now it's a triple post, But Re: Honey Flash has major subtext and the MC gets saved by the power of Yuri fanservice TWICE.
Jan 16, 2015 9:07 AM

Mar 2010
OriginalGengar said:
We don't have Gunjo on our Manga List, so I really think we should add that.

Also, we don't have everything by Takemiya on the list yet, with Chouchou Nannan, Kirakira and Game still missing.

OriginalGengar said:
Well, by now it's a triple post, But Re: Honey Flash has major subtext and the MC gets saved by the power of Yuri fanservice TWICE.

I'll add the first two but the other 3 give me a lot of results so could you link to them?
Jan 16, 2015 9:41 AM

Sep 2014
Jan 19, 2015 4:12 PM

Sep 2014
Air Master

I mean, I'm only on episode 3 right now but they couldn't be more open about it. There were two "I love you"s and a kiss already.
Jan 21, 2015 5:53 AM

Sep 2014
Hanamonogatari

Heavy Rouka x Kanbaru implications.

I also just saw, that we don't have Hidamari Sketch on our list, it really should be.
Jan 21, 2015 6:07 AM

Jan 2013
OriginalGengar said:
Hanamonogatari

I'm ok with adding this.

OriginalGengar said:
I also just saw, that we don't have Hidamari Sketch on our list, it really should be.

This was already discussed once in the club comments. At that time we decided not to add it, but only Natsume as a character relation instead. I still hold this opinion, but I'm no authority in this question.
Jan 21, 2015 6:17 AM

Sep 2014
Aipom said:

This was already discussed once in the club comments. At that time we decided not to add it, but only Natsume as a character relation instead. I still hold this opinion, but I'm no authority in this question.

Mh, I was actually thinking about Sae x Hiro, I thought they were pretty clear about it. But if you already discussed about it, then oh well.
Jan 21, 2015 6:17 AM
Jul 2018
Hanayamatagatari added.

I'm half way through the last season of HS. I might add that season, it's on the borderline right now. The rest before it don't quite cut it though.
Jan 21, 2015 6:18 AM

Sep 2014
Hanayamatagatari added.

I'm half way through the last season of HS. I might add that season, it's on the borderline right now. The rest before it don't quite cut it though.

I see what you did there.
OriginalGengarJun 29, 2017 9:48 PM
Jan 28, 2015 9:23 AM

Sep 2014
Sweet Magic Syndrome is about a bunch of girls having crushes on each other. It's literally YuruYuri.
Mar 12, 2015 2:36 PM

Sep 2014
Murasakiiro no Qualia's main story finished translating yesterday and it really should be added to the list. The explanation of the yuri contents is going to contain MAJOR (yeah, they are that big) spoilers about the whole story so maybe just read the manga before deciding if you are interested. You really should read it.

Apr 26, 2015 7:50 AM

Oct 2014
http://myanimelist.net/manga/74129/Anemone
It's a Yuri oneshot

http://myanimelist.net/manga/35767/Darenimo_Ienai
Doesn't have a good ending

http://myanimelist.net/manga/14657/Dame_Ningen_Jan

http://myanimelist.net/manga/65681/Zero_no_Okite

I don't really know the criteria for clubs list but they all have Yuri

http://myanimelist.net/manga/14740/Present
Such a good oneshot here.
irumaisbabyApr 26, 2015 8:10 AM
Apr 26, 2015 7:53 AM

Sep 2014
Just realized that we don't have Benio on our relation list. There's also Shiraume from Ben-to, the show itself kinda sucks though.

Don't think Benio needs any explanation. Shiraume is very gay and obsessive of one of the girls.
May 14, 2015 1:08 PM

Mar 2010
I'll look into everything mentioned above but I'd like someone else to comment on Re-Kan!. I think the yuri isn't about quantity but quality. There might not be a lot of it but almost everything that's there is very straightforward and the MC's friends really like shipping her and the other girl together.
May 14, 2015 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
I can confirm Benio.
May 15, 2015 2:19 AM

Oct 2014
I agree with OriginalGengar about Ben-to
Shiraume is as gay as it gets.
May 15, 2015 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
I went ahead and added Shiraume and Benio. It's not normally my job but I really needed to feel like I accomplished something this week. Now with this out of the way, I feel like I can sleep for a couple of days. Which I will.
May 28, 2015 6:49 AM

Mar 2010
I went ahead and added Shiraume and Benio. It's not normally my job but I really needed to feel like I accomplished something this week. Now with this out of the way, I feel like I can sleep for a couple of days. Which I will.

Thanks, I'm kinda busy here with exams and stuff.
SuiNoByakkoJun 29, 2017 9:48 PM
May 28, 2015 6:59 AM

Jul 2012
OriginalGengar said:
Murasakiiro no Qualia's main story finished translating yesterday and it really should be added to the list. The explanation of the yuri contents is going to contain MAJOR (yeah, they are that big) spoilers about the whole story so maybe just read the manga before deciding if you are interested. You really should read it.

I agree with Murasakiiro no Qualia.
May 28, 2015 1:27 PM

Sep 2014
So here are some shows with some yuri. With picture and like, word evidence cause I'm feeling nice.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
The first season does have some subtext but doesn't really warrant an entry. The OVA and the second season however turn up the yuri to pretty high levels. They are generally the tsundere to each other's tsundere.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Kirameki no... Slapstick Noel

Image:

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren
Well, let's be honest. Dekomori and Nebutani carried that second season and that's not my yuri bias talking. There are two episodes focusing on their relationship, one of them with a canon lesbian, and some other really subtexty scenes.

Samurai Flamence
Canon yuri couple in the main supporting cast. Their relationship is unhealthy and sucks. But it's yuri so I guess I'l mention it.

Image:

Loveless
Yaoi anime with a yuri couple in episodes 8 to 10. The yuri relationship is hands down the strongest in in the whole show, you can really tell how much they love each other and how important they are to each other. It's also more romantic than the main couple.
The 3 episodes they are in focus really strongly on the couple but they don't show up after (I think) or before their arc. So either adding the show or the characters would be fine, I think.
The main couple is a 12 year old boy x college student. It's not as bad as it sounds but it's still a 12 year old boy x college student.

Yozukura Quartet
One canon pair, two subtext ones.
The main show strongly shows that Kotoho and Ao are dating in the first few episodes but makes it less obvious in the later ones. They still are pretty much always together and clearly closest to each other but there are no obvious signs anymore. There are also two pretty shipable nurse sisters near the end of the season. The first OVA centers around another pair of really shipable girls. Necromancer x Zombie. I'm just saying.
The second OVA/sequel only has two yuri-ish moments (sister#2 drooling over sister#1's ass and Kotoha and Ao sleeping on the train like couple's always sleep. So I wouldn't really add it.

Image:

I also wanted to suggest adding Malga and Margot from Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon, but I see they already are.
OriginalGengarMay 28, 2015 1:31 PM
Aug 21, 2015 11:34 PM

May 2014
You should add Symphogear it's super gay.
Aug 23, 2015 2:26 PM

Mar 2010
Added everything but Samurai Flamence for having the yuri couple very het oriented. If that makes any sense at all. I only support gay yuri.

Anyway, if I forgot to add anything besides the aforementioned slap me. No, not really, just drop a post or me a PM possibly without any insults or any mention that I take ages to do anything and when I finally do it I don't do it properly.
Aug 23, 2015 9:19 PM

Sep 2014
Yeah, Samurai Flamenco sucks.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Happy Sugar Life discussion

Lilac_warrior - Mar 22, 2018

12 by LalaYuriLove »»
Apr 19, 2023 2:41 AM

» Best yuri couple of all time???

Lilac_warrior - Mar 24, 2018

22 by TanyaTheEvill »»
Feb 10, 2022 9:07 AM

» Deleting my account.

removed-user - Nov 14, 2021

1 by Sabishii-Luisana »»
Nov 14, 2021 3:47 PM

Sticky: » Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SuiNoByakko - Jul 17, 2014

523 by kenchin01 »»
Sep 14, 2021 1:46 AM

» Yuru Yuri ~ Holiday

EmceePinks - Oct 30, 2018

0 by EmceePinks »»
Oct 30, 2018 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.