Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 10, 2013 12:51 AM

Oct 2010
No. I don't feel sorry for them. Most of them are arrogant anyway.
Jan 10, 2013 12:52 AM

Aug 2012
drinkbeer said:
George Orwell -
- Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.

Oh wow. Nice quote
Jan 10, 2013 12:53 AM

Sep 2012
Playing outside is overrated anyway.
Jan 10, 2013 12:56 AM

Nov 2011
iCameSwagYOLO420 said:
yeah cuz they wont have great music like my generation did. OR TOMOGACHIS OR KENAN AND KALE OR HEY ARNOLD
#90sKID
#SUBLIME
#NYSNC

#BACKSTREETBOYS
#AARON CARTER
#DREAMSTREET

Oh wait, you were posting good things?

#BAHAMEN
lol

(Just kidding, I listened to NSYNC as a kid too.)

BYE BYE BYE
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 10, 2013 12:58 AM

Jun 2011
Ragix said:
iCameSwagYOLO420 said:
yeah cuz they wont have great music like my generation did. OR TOMOGACHIS OR KENAN AND KALE OR HEY ARNOLD
#90sKID
#SUBLIME
#NYSNC

#BACKSTREETBOYS
#AARON CARTER
#DREAMSTREET

Oh wait, you were posting good things?

#BAHAMEN
lol

(Just kidding, I listened to NSYNC as a kid too.)

BYE BYE BYE

o shit did u just say AARON CARTER?
#TheOriginalBieber
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Jan 10, 2013 1:01 AM

Nov 2011
iCameSwagYOLO420 said:

o shit did u just say AARON CARTER?
#TheOriginalBieber

SO MANY FEELS MAN!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 10, 2013 2:49 AM

Dec 2007
Wow, clearly I am too old to be reading these forums when i venture into a thread where a 20 year old, seeming to be backed up by 18 year olds, is calling out the "younger generation" for their smartphones, laptops and ipads and than kids who are probably 16 years and younger coming in to call him old and out of touch...

Yeah I really should just stop reading a lot of these threads, haha. If the fact that all the sudden it seems like 90% of the posters here are high school kids who think being an atheist makes them cool, edgy, smart or a combination and have to go out of their way to point it out and mock anyone who isn't makes me feel old this thread sealed it.

Not to be a jerk but so many of the threads here just smack you in the face they they are made by some high school kid who just read a book or a college student who just finished his 101 courses. I mean was anyone who has posted so far been born before the 90's? All of you are the "younger generation". None of you can remember a world without the internet. If you want to talk about someone older being cranky here ya go, haha.
vault-dwellerJan 10, 2013 3:03 AM
Jan 10, 2013 3:21 AM

Mar 2011
vault-dweller said:
Wow, clearly I am too old to be reading these forums when i venture into a thread where a 20 year old, seeming to be backed up by 18 year olds, is calling out the "younger generation" for their smartphones, laptops and ipads and than kids who are probably 16 years and younger coming in to call him old and out of touch...

Yeah I really should just stop reading a lot of these threads, haha. If the fact that all the sudden it seems like 90% of the posters here are high school kids who think being an atheist makes them cool, edgy, smart or a combination and have to go out of their way to point it out and mock anyone who isn't makes me feel old this thread sealed it.

Not to be a jerk but so many of the threads here just smack you in the face they they are made by some high school kid who just read a book or a college student who just finished his 101 courses. I mean was anyone who has posted so far been born before the 90's? All of you are the "younger generation". None of you can remember a world without the internet. If you want to talk about someone older being cranky here ya go, haha.

I gather that you didn't read much of this thread before you posted here. Cold posting is fine and all, apart from you decide to generalize the people posting on this thread by the title. If you did read through, then I am unsure about how you got to the conclusion you did.

But oh? Apparently in all these threads this is apparent? My, have you been going round the forums cherry picking? I think you have son, you don't seem to have been taking an unbiased approach to the forums, I'd almost suggest that you just wanted to conclude that irrespective of the truth!

That would be silly though wouldn't it?
Jan 10, 2013 5:11 AM

Feb 2009
" I mean was anyone who has posted so far been born before the 90's? All of you are the "younger generation". None of you can remember a world without the internet. If you want to talk about someone older being cranky here ya go, haha."

Here ya go sparky.

For one thing, I am likely older than your father. Go ahead ask him.

No my generation was not magically great. I grew up before the internet. Heck I grew up in a time when just about everything you know wasn't here. And I grew up in a time we called the cold war. Not the Gulf war or any war on some intangible difficulty plaguing society. And the generation before me grew up during WW1 and WW2. Nothing rosy about that generation.

But I have to admit, when I was a kid, winter actually was winter. Now, well I'm Canadian damn it, and we have had like 3-5 inches of snow, if you add it ALL up together. Shit some days when I was a kid we could get 3 to 5 inches of snow in a few hours. I spent 150 bucks on a new parka this year. Mainly because you don't need snow for a chilly day. But I have worn it only twice this year. I need new muckluks, but at 150 bucks, it would seem like a dumb waste of money for maybe 3 uses in a year.

I've watched the glaciers melt unlike any time in recent history. I have seen the polar ice gone where it was always there before. I have seen weather patterns acting totally wrong. I have sat and watched Canada start looking too much like the southern US on a cool day, but in the middle of MY winter. They thing the water might actually run out in India, as the Himalayas might not always be snow covered. The Chinese likely will go to war over water long before they give a damn about Taiwan. You WILL miss the Amazon which is being cut down so your fast food burgers can be grown there. You WILL eventually know what your grand parents knew in the grain belts of the world if it warms much more.

And it is not really important to know who are what is responsible, if you have done nothing to prepare. It's like arguing over who was responsible to refill the fire extinguisher, from inside a burning house.

But don't worry, I am sure someone will invent a gadget that will make everything aaaaaaall right.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jan 10, 2013 5:31 AM

Jan 2011
You know you're getting old when you tell kids in the library to shut up.
Jan 10, 2013 5:47 AM

Aug 2012
Nope. I still hear children playing outside, when a weather is good. To be honest, I envy them with how many opportunities they have - and will have.

I think it's most obvious gap is between parents, who grew up during communism or some other shit and their children, who grew/grow up in an already free country.

OP is only a year younger than me, yet he - and many other people - talks as if he was about 50 years older.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you skip anime scenes or episodes?

Johnny65 - 3 hours ago

10 by DesuMaiden »»
57 seconds ago

» New Europe update patch notes: will you travel to the Bektashi state?

Commit_Crime - Yesterday

31 by KenaiPhoenix »»
20 minutes ago

» What are some authors and figures that you hold in high esteem?

FilthyApollo - 3 hours ago

9 by TibetanJazz666 »»
33 minutes ago

» Sunny Side Up Or Scarmble Egg

Kanipan_Enkuldes - Sep 11

33 by ZoeyBito »»
2 hours ago

» What are your plans for Halloween 2024?

Yuno - Yesterday

26 by Noboru »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.