Forum Settings
Forums

K-ON! Movie and Yuru Yuri Win 17th Animation Kobe Awards

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 8, 2012 9:07 AM

Sep 2012
AirStyles said:
Errr... While I do understand K-On! movie winning it... Because it's actually quite good...

But...

Yuru Yuri?!?!
Did you read my post earlier in this thread?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=503779&show=60#msg17672839
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 8, 2012 12:43 PM

Nov 2011
AirStyles said:
Errr... While I do understand K-On! movie winning it... Because it's actually quite good...

But...

Yuru Yuri?!?!

Because opinions.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Nov 9, 2012 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
Yes..

Way to go K-ON the Movie!
Nov 9, 2012 9:17 AM
May 2012
Lol, I'm dying here with all the hate, seriosuly you guys love to troll why you got to hate so much, just enjoy the anime... I'm ok with the winners, but Fate/Zero 2 and Nisemonogatari should of got something.

Nov 11, 2012 4:04 AM
Nov 2012
Well, K-On winning was expected. Its not just the plot they take into consideration. Production quality, Animation Quality, Character Designs, everything plays a part. For everyone saying K-On was a bummer, or it didn't deserve it, I'm sure you either just watched the 1st season, or are just ignorant. I don't know about the plot; but the Animation quality of the film was spectacular. As was the second season's animation.
How can you comment on something you haven't watched?
On precisely that note, I won't comment on Yuru Yuri as I havn't watched it. Yet. But from what I've read in the sypnosis, both animes have quite a few similarities. Maybe I'll check it out.
Go K-On! (Waiting for season 3... ^_^)
DarkIceDragon1Nov 11, 2012 4:11 AM
Nov 11, 2012 4:52 AM

Mar 2012
DarkIceDragon1 said:
Well, K-On winning was expected. Its not just the plot they take into consideration. Production quality, Animation Quality, Character Designs, everything plays a part. For everyone saying K-On was a bummer, or it didn't deserve it, I'm sure you either just watched the 1st season, or are just ignorant. I don't know about the plot; but the Animation quality of the film was spectacular. As was the second season's animation.
How can you comment on something you haven't watched?
On precisely that note, I won't comment on Yuru Yuri as I havn't watched it. Yet. But from what I've read in the sypnosis, both animes have quite a few similarities. Maybe I'll check it out.

I'll put together an analysis of Yuruyuri based on what you said. Production quality? Alright. Animation quality? A part from a few bright spots, exceedingly average. Even in 1080p. Character designs? Pretty standard stuff. On top of that, the humour is very hit and miss (Mostly missing) and the characters are pretty much identical to almost every other show of its kind with only cursory tweaks.
Nov 11, 2012 5:00 AM

Oct 2012
what is this I don't even....
Nov 11, 2012 5:04 AM

Sep 2012
SquadmemberRitsu said:
DarkIceDragon1 said:
I'll put together an analysis of Yuruyuri based on what you said. Production quality? Alright. Animation quality? A part from a few bright spots, exceedingly average. Even in 1080p. Character designs? Pretty standard stuff. On top of that, the humour is very hit and miss (Mostly missing) and the characters are pretty much identical to almost every other show of its kind with only cursory tweaks.
Production quality - Competent but you won't see the same detailed motion animation like KyoAni does
Animation quality - 1st season really good, 2nd season even better
Character designs - Cute and Fun, if you love K-On, YY should be a fit. Humor level is even higher (or more intense) than K-On -- it can be hit and miss (MOSTLY HIT). The characters are memorable, a lot more than the usual moe shows.
And don't forget its title which has Yuri in it.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2012 6:47 AM

May 2012
I need third season of Yuru Yuri. :D
Nov 11, 2012 6:56 AM

Oct 2007
I hope it will come next year :D
Nov 11, 2012 7:10 AM

Aug 2011
DarkIceDragon1 said:

As much as I would love K-ON!!! I don't think it should happen, the series had such a great ending that any further material would just make all those emotions seem pointless.
Nov 11, 2012 7:44 AM

Sep 2012
mitch3315 said:
As much as I would love K-ON!!! I don't think it should happen, the series had such a great ending that any further material would just make all those emotions seem pointless.
We already have the sequels in manga (K-On College and K-On Highschool) published. This should be enough source material of one cour of anime, so....

Nov 11, 2012 8:11 AM

Aug 2011
symbv said:
mitch3315 said:
We already have the sequels in manga (K-On College and K-On Highschool) published. This should be enough source material of one cour of anime, so....

I know that, I've read the manga, and even though I enjoyed it to the end it wasn't as good after the original four went off to college and it was split between them, and Azunyan. The anime ended perfectly and should stay ended (even though I would totally love a third season).
Nov 12, 2012 12:32 AM

Mar 2012
mitch3315 said:
symbv said:
mitch3315 said:

I know that, I've read the manga, and even though I enjoyed it to the end it wasn't as good after the original four went off to college and it was split between them, and Azunyan. The anime ended perfectly and should stay ended (even though I would totally love a third season).

Agreed. Pretty much anyone who says that a Third Season is inevitable obviously never watched Season 2.
Nov 12, 2012 5:32 AM
Nov 2012
I agree that the ending of Season 2 was brilliant. And maybe it should stay that way. But personally, I liked Azusa's version of the Light Music club better than our quadruplet at the University. The interactions of the new characters like Sumire & Nao would be pretty fun to watch. But I know that its unlikely that KyoAni will stretch it. Even Kakifly needs some rest. But maybe even he wants a third season 'cause I read at the end of the manga:
"I Wonder how the Light Music Club is going to entertain me next year?"
But I understand that this is mostly wishful thinking. The 2nd season turned from a cheesy slice-of-life to a little coming-of-age(ish) story in so few eps (Its very hard to transgress like that. It usually takes 6 or 8 eps just to make that progress for a Light & Fluffy show like K-On!);
It showed they had learnt from their mistakes in Season 1 & put all their effort into making it end beautifully. I just wonder what they would do with a 3rd season...
DarkIceDragon1Nov 12, 2012 5:38 AM
Nov 12, 2012 5:54 AM

Sep 2012
DarkIceDragon1 said:
But I know that its unlikely that KyoAni will stretch it. Even Kakifly needs some rest. But maybe even he wants a third season
Actually Kakifly has done his work already. With the publishing of the K-ON Highschool and K-ON College, and the end of the manga, Kakifly is done. KyoAni can just take the manga material and does his KyoAni magic to turn the manga into the anime that is rich in KyoAni tradition style. Given KyoAni is so adept at adding and making changes to the source material to suit its style, it is most likely the adaptation work would be mainly done by KyoAni, like what happened in K-On so far. And with two volumes of manga, there is more than enough material for KyoAni to adapt (also read "build up") for a 3rd season if they really want to do it.

Nov 15, 2012 12:08 PM
Nov 2012
I agree with both the movie and tv series!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Spy x Family' Gets Third Anime Season

Vindstot - Today

29 by thebrentinator24 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
10 hours ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, First Promo

Nioxys - 10 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
10 hours ago

» 'Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo' Season 2 Reveals Additional Cast, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Marcus5768 »»
Today, 2:37 AM

» Voice Actors Minami Tsuda, Tatsumaru Tachibana Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Haneken2086 »»
Today, 2:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.