Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 16, 2023 4:01 AM
May 2020
FlushAllen said:
ImElitist said:

Fiends do have human biology thats the reason they are called fiends and not devils a fiend is literally a devil who has taken over a dead human body

I'm tired man
CAN IT FUCK FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF REPRODUCTION?
no
that's it
done
they have no genders
they dont need them if they have
you can't make babies off of them
try
you'll get killed and/or eaten
that's the point of this

Sorry for the fact that I didn't read the countless other comments, but theres no proof for that being true
Jan 16, 2023 4:10 AM
Dec 2022
ImElitist said:
FlushAllen said:

I'm tired man
no
that's it
done
they have no genders
try
that's the point of this

Sorry for the fact that I didn't read the countless other comments, but theres no proof for that being true

they are supposed to be concepts man
the gun devil can't fuck the blood devil and make offspring
what will they be called ?
blood gun devil?
it doesn't make sense
it's more plausible for humans to fuck devils and make smth out of it but still it wouldn't make sense
Jan 16, 2023 4:21 AM
May 2020
FlushAllen said:
ImElitist said:

blood gun devil?
it doesn't make sense
it's more plausible for humans to fuck devils and make smth out of it but still it wouldn't make sense

You forget that we are talking about fiends here not devils, they may give birth to normal humans who knows.
Jan 16, 2023 4:22 AM

Mar 2014
Nop, that goes to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood or Gintama for me
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 16, 2023 4:25 AM

Mar 2014
thunderkitten13 said:
Hell no lmfaooo, I choked on my coffee. One Piece, Seven Deadly Sins, Psycho Pass (not shonen but still has strong female lead that doesn’t rely on sexual appeal or cute factor), Jujutsu Kaisen, Naruto; the list is endless lol

Had me with One Piece but lost me with Naruto...probably one of the worst examples lol. Replace that with FMA or Gintama and we're good.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 16, 2023 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
Last year I made this thread as a joke and I see people took it seriously. 🤣🤣🤣

Ok, guys. I need to tell you something important.
No hate on Power and she is amazing character, but we cannot label Power as best girl at all. No even as female, actually. Why?

Because she is in fact Blood Devil and devils do not have a biological sex or gender. Those entities are manifestations of human fears and merely assume various forms associated with their respective fear when they end up in human world. What we see as devil in human world is their visage and does not represent their biological sex or gender identity. Once they get killed, they return to hell and can possibly be reborn later in human world looking as something completely different.
From what we know Blood Devil is merely possessing a corpse, that used to belong to a female.
Blood Devil not being female is further supported by the fact, that Power once clogged a toilet with her feces and as we all know women do not poop.

Yes, I know. I was also disappointed, but what can you do...

Jan 16, 2023 5:15 AM

Apr 2018
I think it's Naruto with Sakura as the best female.

Jan 16, 2023 5:20 AM
Oct 2022
FlushAllen said:
ImElitist said:

Fiends do have human biology thats the reason they are called fiends and not devils a fiend is literally a devil who has taken over a dead human body

I'm tired man
no
that's it
done
they have no genders
try
that's the point of this
How you know they can't reproduce?  And since when fertality defines gender? That's some transphobic thing worth of ban. 
Jan 16, 2023 5:59 AM
Apr 2022
HueyLion said:
thunderkitten13 said:
Hell no lmfaooo, I choked on my coffee. One Piece, Seven Deadly Sins, Psycho Pass (not shonen but still has strong female lead that doesn’t rely on sexual appeal or cute factor), Jujutsu Kaisen, Naruto; the list is endless lol

Had me with One Piece but lost me with Naruto...probably one of the worst examples lol. Replace that with FMA or Gintama and we're good.

Hence why it was the last name on my list lol but Gintama is also good
Jan 16, 2023 7:34 AM
Dec 2022
iglcwae3134 said:
FlushAllen said:

I'm tired man
no
that's it
done
they have no genders
try
that's the point of this
How you know they can't reproduce?  And since when fertality defines gender? That's some transphobic thing worth of ban. 

my mister person I want you to understand extremely well why there are definitions of genders in real life

female is depicted as female because of her larger chest, her lack of penis,her ability to give birth and so on and so on

male is depicted as male for similar reasons ok?

SINCE
WE HAVE NO RECOLLECTION OR KNOWLEDGE OF ANY DEVIL DOING ANY OF THE 2 MAIN REASONS OF WHY GENDER IS A THING (MEANING INTERCOURSE AND USING THEIR "SPECIAL" BODY PARTS FOR PARENTING REASONS) WE HAVE LITERALLY NO REASON
TO CALL
DEVILS
WITH GENDERS
THERE IS NO TRANSPHOBIC INDICATIONS ANYWHERE
READ EVERY NOTE UNDER MY ANSWER
SINCE NO DEVIL HAS BEEN IN THAT SITUATION AS WE HAVE SEEN
WE CANT KNOW
SINCE WHEN YOU DONT KNOW IF A PERSON IS MALE OR FEMALE OR ANYTHING
YOU CALL THEM THEY

so it would be absolutely logical for us to assume neither genders are there
Jan 16, 2023 7:35 AM
Dec 2022
ImElitist said:
FlushAllen said:

blood gun devil?
it doesn't make sense

You forget that we are talking about fiends here not devils, they may give birth to normal humans who knows.

Ig I don't but since we don't know I'm taking the route that they probably don't and smacking that big old THEY there and carrying on
Jan 16, 2023 7:42 AM
Oct 2022
FlushAllen said:
iglcwae3134 said:

my mister person I want you to understand extremely well why there are definitions of genders in real life

female is depicted as female because of her larger chest, her lack of penis,her ability to give birth and so on and so on

SINCE
WE HAVE NO RECOLLECTION OR KNOWLEDGE OF ANY DEVIL DOING ANY OF THE 2 MAIN REASONS OF WHY GENDER IS A THING (MEANING INTERCOURSE AND USING THEIR "SPECIAL" BODY PARTS FOR PARENTING REASONS) WE HAVE LITERALLY NO REASON
TO CALL
DEVILS
WITH GENDERS
WE CANT KNOW
YOU CALL THEM THEY

Who let you cook? 
Jan 16, 2023 7:50 AM
Dec 2022
iglcwae3134 said:
FlushAllen said:

SINCE
TO CALL
DEVILS
WITH GENDERS
WE CANT KNOW
YOU CALL THEM THEY

Who let you cook? 

who let you out the womb?
Jan 16, 2023 10:28 AM

Mar 2021
Non non non
These battle shonens have way better female characters
Csm good but not the best

Jan 16, 2023 10:47 AM
Oct 2022
FlushAllen said:
iglcwae3134 said:

SINCE
TO CALL
DEVILS
WITH GENDERS
WE CANT KNOW
YOU CALL THEM THEY

Power is female deal with it.
Jan 16, 2023 10:50 AM
Dec 2022
iglcwae3134 said:
FlushAllen said:

SINCE
TO CALL
DEVILS
WITH GENDERS
WE CANT KNOW
YOU CALL THEM THEY

Power is female deal with it.

give me a fucking reason for it that doesn't have plotholes

why do you even care abt that one
Jan 16, 2023 10:53 AM

May 2009
nonofyourbeeswax said:
who actually gives a shit about "representation" in general

People who seek a character to relate with maybe? not sure, just a hunch.... 
Jan 16, 2023 11:05 AM
Oct 2022
There is zero reason she isn't one so...
Jan 16, 2023 11:12 AM
May 2022
Black Clover is better with Noelle and Vanessa. Himeno was the only good character in Chainsaw Man. Power is just ok.
Jan 16, 2023 12:10 PM
Jun 2021
Best or most realistic? Cause I dont think either of them are even close to reality, but if I had to choose JJK all the way. Most entertaining? Yeah, CM dominates that.
Jan 16, 2023 3:53 PM
Oct 2022
You CSM stans can’t go a day without throwing shade at JJK ffs
Jan 16, 2023 4:38 PM

Jun 2011
God, out with these buzzwords. Anime ain't the place for that talk.
Jan 16, 2023 7:33 PM
Aug 2020
The female representation in CSM is pretty bad, there are alot of female characters who drive the plot, but the fan service and over objectification is not good.

Where as JJK's female cast might not be as integral to the story, they are not objectified and some are just as powerful as the male main cast, for example Maki and Yuki.

To why this is important, it prevents alot of female shonen fans from watching CSM.

I watch alot of anime's with my wife and she found CSM difficult to watch, because everytime Makima speaks we are looking at her ass whilst bent over.
Jan 16, 2023 8:48 PM

Apr 2022
Why are you searching good female representation in shonen? Watch shojou or anime originals if you want some good female representation. Hxh have pretty good female representation (there's like no woman, but when they're present, you don't feel like they are just assets to the other male characters) and it also got some pretty cool trans representation (alluka, kalluto). I know some ppl will present JJK's female character as a great exemple of good fem char rep, but they're basically just what other battle shounen should do. If you want to watch aime that really talk about what women have to face everyday, you got Utena, Kill la Kill, Nana, Perfect blue and the list goes on. I'll finish by saying that I'm a man and I might be telling you BS right now, who knows?
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Jan 16, 2023 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
JKKH said:
Yeah csm does a decent job with female characters, I like all them. I don't think that why they're good has anything to do with being realistic really though lol. I like that they're given flashy cool shit to do and also are all kinda eccentric/crazy. I think too many battle shounen keep their female characters to the sidelines or just make them love interests. Csm is nice in that regard, they get a lot more presence. 
Agreed! I don't know about the best, but I do think the female rep in Chainsaw Man is good. The women are important to the story - particularly Makima, who is central to the entire plot, but I can't reveal too many spoilers here. Even Kobeni may appear timid at first but she gets to do badass things. The women of CSM are interesting for sure.
Jan 17, 2023 1:53 AM
Feb 2020
if it does, that's kind of sad
Jan 17, 2023 1:58 AM

Aug 2015
As it was said in the other thread, both Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man are very successful on that aspect, as they have girls who are both modest and conventionally attractive at the same time which is an extraordinaly good trait for anime and relates more to realistic standards, while they are also well developed and vary in their character and personality without over exaggerating their emotions, they are really well written and designed and it is a very good aspect of these two series in general
Jan 17, 2023 5:04 AM

May 2020
nope
black lagoons female cast>>>>

Jan 17, 2023 7:52 AM

Aug 2018
TIL that chainsaw man and jjk are the only battle shounen
_______I like rocks__
Jan 17, 2023 10:12 AM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
Not sure if anyone said Claymore but... Claymore.

The World Suffused with Sound.
Jan 17, 2023 12:20 PM

Mar 2016
Not even in a mile.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jan 17, 2023 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
Dije said:
I think so. Much more realistic than jujutsu kaisen, which was acclaimed for this. What do you guys think

female cast is bleach ,jojo,gintama>>>>....but csm good female cast too
Jan 17, 2023 2:06 PM
Nov 2021
SAYING REALISTIC IS STUPID, BUT STILL MAKI>>>>> EVERY WOMAN CSM
Jan 17, 2023 3:39 PM

Jan 2016
its solid buuuuutttttt Black Clover negs tbh. Im a sucker for characters who talk shit but suck ass and then later on they get gud and they earn their right to shittalk. That's Noelle in a nutshell.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Jan 18, 2023 1:28 AM
Sep 2022
Hmmm not necessarily. There are some err......lets say illegal things females do in the show. And quite a few of them are used for Denji's errr hormonal outbursts. I do think the representation kinda becomes more solid later on in the source material
Jan 18, 2023 3:54 AM
Apr 2021
dont care female bodyparts = Female
Tokyo ghoul is a great manga with a trash anime adaptation

Jan 18, 2023 5:45 AM

Oct 2015
Power is referred to as "she", not ït" or "they". Her whole design is done like that so she could be perceived as female even tho she is a fiend the author obviously wanted this character to be a woman. I'm losing brain cells seeing people argue that she should not be considered a female character...
Jan 19, 2023 10:45 PM
Jan 2021
TheRealRouges said:
Absolutely not, Gintama negs, next question

Nahh gintama trash 🗑️
The whole 367 ep was A disappointment and female cast is literally trash
Jan 20, 2023 7:43 AM
May 2022
No. It’s Fullmetal Alchemist.
Jan 25, 2023 7:25 AM

Dec 2016
Zolo_124 said:
Do we realy need to put social stuff in entertainment ? like which anime has the best female representation ? I think that we should just view anime and other media as fiction and just move on with life. Because in my opinion it's negative to think that if an anime has less female representation then it's bad. I think we should just allow the creators to do whatever they want with the characters.

yes. good female characters are so uncommon that you don't recognize it as "a part" of the anime, IMO all anime should have good (strong!!) female characters but most of them are [generic fanservice-generator MC wife #3]
im gay
Jan 25, 2023 7:27 AM

Dec 2016
FlushAllen said:
LostSpectre said:
Why can't she be gendered? Seems obvious enough that she's female. 

power is a devil
devils can't reproduce
therefore genders are non existent in devil biology

"gender" "biology" 😭😭😭😭😭
im gay
Jan 25, 2023 7:28 AM
Dec 2022
Yoshane said:
FlushAllen said:

power is a devil
devils can't reproduce
therefore genders are non existent in devil biology

"gender" "biology" 😭😭😭😭😭

you got a problem with me overanalyzing useless things mate?
Jan 25, 2023 7:31 AM
Jun 2021
Yoshane said:
Zolo_124 said:
Do we realy need to put social stuff in entertainment ? like which anime has the best female representation ? I think that we should just view anime and other media as fiction and just move on with life. Because in my opinion it's negative to think that if an anime has less female representation then it's bad. I think we should just allow the creators to do whatever they want with the characters.

yes. good female characters are so uncommon that you don't recognize it as "a part" of the anime, IMO all anime should have good (strong!!) female characters but most of them are [generic fanservice-generator MC wife #3]

Dude they do contribute with the plot but just the fact that they are either overlooked by the female youtubers and feminists that target anime. Also they are literally shounen anime and the authors have done there best to write the female characters, the thing is that just how much do you want them to contribute they have played there roles rightfully. but the fact that literally every female should be strong just doesn't seem fine with me the females that are at the beginning weak do become strong not every female character in shonen is just mere fan service.
Jan 25, 2023 7:47 AM

Dec 2022
Srry guys but i can't help but laugh on yall takes on this thread like XDXDXD

For me it's "define" female characters are like NOT FORCED to be likeable like fujimoto sensei managed to make these asshole female characters likeable like literally bec how realistic they are and there's way less female characters in csm this season rn so. (also none of them felt like a side character imo)

that's my take see ya.

Jan 25, 2023 7:55 AM
Oct 2022
No said:
Ionliosite2

THE ANIME ENDED BUT YOU ARE STILL HATING ON ANY THREAD? GET A LIFE. ITS PATHETIC
Jan 27, 2023 4:09 PM
Dec 2022
ryzxgum said:
giganigga56 said:
no, every woman in csm has a few screws loos.

sounds pretty realistic then.

you have a point 😂
Jan 27, 2023 4:18 PM
Dec 2022
Dije said:
giganigga56 said:
no, every woman in csm has a few screws loos.
Exactly! like women in the real world

well I live in Somalia the girls are prity chill.... but I guess The women in developed countries are like that
Jan 27, 2023 6:30 PM

Dec 2022
Yk for everyone who doesn't believe this anime have the best female representation in a battle shonen i'll say...

1. As of right now?

A : Not yet because it has soon to reveal it in the future since there aren't enough female characters that can match your taste on what you believe to be a good female character or maybe a good female protagonist soon down the line if that ever happens. There may be a few but i can understand why not a lot of people would relate to them for example : Kobeni being forced to be a sex worker or a devil hunter when she doesn't want them both but she chooses to be a devil hunter potentially risking herself dying rather than giving her body up which is sign of a true respect from me, then there's Himeno who literally just want Aki to live a good life because well.. she probably knew Aki was going to die in the future one way or another thanks to his curse devil contract. But all she ever wanted (from my own perspective) she just wants to Aki to cry only for her in a hope SO that aki can be more humane down the line in the story because you all know he wants revenge against the gun devil right? but nearly everyone already realized how fucked up that goal is because it's literally impossible to try and defeat. So basically, Himeno just wanted for Aki to live an easier life with all the lifespan he has left rather than fighting against the impossible. So, in summary i believe Himeno isn't really in love like lovey dovey like you would expect in all of shonen females in the battle shonen animes. i think that's what nearly most of us fail to understand the meaning behind this relationship of Aki and Himeno. (i do believe there are some out there, but they don't know how to type it or say it well or maybe they feel a bit embarrassed)

2. So basically just stay in the waiting game i guess lol for future seasons and also i'm not saying this anime has the best female representation in a battle shonen, there COULD potentially be in the future animangas that can show a good female representation and it doesn't have to be the best it can be because it depends on the authors knowledge on their views of what a good female character should be.

3. This is why i love Fujimoto sensei and why he's literally one of the best mangakas in our generation, making me possibly believe he will inspire a lot of future mangakas, and i'm very thankful to have someone as young and talented like him especially in my age. There's other mangakas that i believe right know on how to write a good female character like Gege sensei of JJK and Yūji sensei of Hell's Paradise. Finally, don't let their annoying moments block you from seeing their true pain inside and it's not just females but rather males as well in the future here i want to believe.

Yeah, and that's my take :)

Jan 29, 2023 4:28 PM
Dec 2019
nonofyourbeeswax said:
who actually gives a shit about "representation" in general
People with blue hair and a degree in liberal arts who can't grasp basic biology.

Seriously how do fictional characters "represent" anyone? How do female characters in a story represent all of the female human population? How are they a stand-in for any existing person?
It is a character that is female that is written to have a specific personality and particual traits. A character can be things like a stereotype or a role model, but the only thing it can represent is a fantasy. Never a real group of people.
Jan 30, 2023 6:02 AM

Jan 2023
1) Gintama.
2) Jojo 6.
3) CSM.
4) JJK.
5) Bleach.
7) Claymore.
8) Black Lagoon.
9) ~ Every other shonen ~
10) One piece.

CSM isn't the best, but One Piece is clearly the worst.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - May 22

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 27, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

591 by thatlittlefox »»
May 24, 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.