Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 29, 2022 5:15 PM
Feb 2022
its a masterpiece
Jul 29, 2022 6:34 PM

Jul 2016
I watched this show and my opinion is yes, it is a pedo show. Thats why the show called pedogatari and the amount of characters that is being sexually attacked by our MC is alot. And they have weird plotline of incest which fans, states that its philosophical and deep because its about family. Its udsgusting to seen those defending that plotpoints.

And this show is all about girls with great designs or what we call waifubait

Jul 29, 2022 6:54 PM
Feb 2022
Kyline said:
I've heard it has pedo shit and that absolutely disgusts me. I don't know how you all can digest those and that's just baffling.

I wanna ask, why do so many people actually like this?

oh another one that ain’t able to separate irl from fiction?
Jul 29, 2022 8:11 PM
Sep 2021
Disliking a show over that element is extremely shallow, and you should look at the show for what it actually is in the large scheme of things.

It has an incredible atmosphere and unmistakable dialogue, it's probably one of the most creative and imaginative shows of our generation
Jul 29, 2022 8:20 PM

Jun 2019
Senjougahara is hot

- Good enough reason for me to watch it

Jul 29, 2022 8:47 PM

Feb 2021
Because it's a masterpiece, duh
Jul 29, 2022 8:58 PM

Apr 2022
i also dont get the appeal of this show finishing the first season was a chore definitely not watching the rest of the series. the only thing I liked about it was Senjougahara
Jul 29, 2022 9:20 PM
Apr 2020
You haven’t even watched it…
There’s literally no pedo shit. That’s what idiots on Twitter would like to tell you.

The storytelling is phenomenal, some of the best dialogue and characters in anime. Not to mention many philosophical concepts that really get you thinking. The visuals and animation are incredibly unique, with atmospheric music to go alongside it. It’s a beautiful series. Don’t talk shit about something you haven’t seen.

Wait until after you actually watch it, then give an opinion. Most hilarious thing is everyone shitting on the series in this thread haven’t even given it a look. This is another level of pathetic.
bohabaJul 29, 2022 9:26 PM
Jul 29, 2022 9:35 PM
Apr 2020
DJOmni said:
If you want an honest answer to why the show is good:
It's a deep, mature exploration on themes of; coming into adulthood, the meaning behind relationships with people, handling grief, going against sociatel norms, meaning of love, what friendships mean to people, self sacrifice, emotional trauma, self identity, growing as a person, etc. All of this, and more, presented with; stellar animation, strong filmography, framing, and direction, ridiculously intelligent writing, sharp and clever humor, likeable characters, and constant engagement with the audience, to the point where you can't simply "turn your brain off" and watch this show. There's just so much happening, almost every frame has some important detail in the background that either foreshadows future events, or calls back to previous events. Koyomi and Hitagi's banter with each other ALONE is worth the watch, and I literally can gush for an hour over the jokes between Mayoi and Koyomi.

Even though I highly advise watching Bakemonogatari first, if you really want to put to rest any doubts that this series is something special then watch the Kizumonogatari films first. No lolicon, no incest, nothing even remotely controversial. Just pure art and story. Even the "fan service" has it's reasons to be in the story, it's MEANT to be awkward and uncomfortable, and helps establish the relationship between 2 of the characters.
If you're just looking for self validation in your unjust hatred towards a franchise, because it might have content you don't like, then by all means gtfo and stay on Twitter. If you're genuinely looking for a reason for this series is popular, well there you have it. I hope you take this to heart, it took me a decade before I first watched this show, and I immediately fell in love with it.

Thank you, this is absolutely the best description I’ve seen on this thread explaining why this series is such a masterpiece.

OP, please do not judge something you haven’t even watched. Pay attention to what this person said. If you still aren’t convinced even after asking us why we love it, get out of here, this isn’t the place for you.
StephJul 30, 2022 1:38 AM
Jul 29, 2022 11:22 PM
Aug 2020
I like it because it has so many good songs.
Jul 29, 2022 11:32 PM
Feb 2016
Raghave_06 said:
still don't understand what kind of satisfaction people get by making threads like these. i saw that you only replied to people who are criticizing this anime along with you. did u even read what other people said and thought about it for a moment?

Monogatari slander is nothing new. People probably think they have some kind of moral high ground if they talk bad about the show cauz the show has a bunch of lolis. most of them probably havent seen a single episode and just saw the toothbrush scene or so. Well one good thing about the show is it gatekeeps itselfs i guess
TheRealNyanpasuJul 29, 2022 11:35 PM
Jul 29, 2022 11:36 PM

Nov 2017
Cestlavie_ said:
cause it isn't pedo shit
it's just 10% of the show

I personally love the Monogatari series but saying "it's just 10% of the show" in regards to the pedophilia probably isn't helping convince OP lol
Jul 29, 2022 11:45 PM

Jul 2007
Monogatari was funded in part by the Japanese dental association.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 29, 2022 11:49 PM

May 2021
Cos Senjougahara best girl
Jul 30, 2022 1:11 AM
• Mafumafu Fan •

Apr 2018
Thread locked

Anime Discussion Rules: 5. Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.

AMQ: StephWeeb
Discord: drsteph
Join me on AnimeMusicQuiz!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» How did the main character didn't get killed in the final episode?

emryuu - May 30

1 by Merve2Love »»
May 30, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 25, 2009

689 by PRIVATEMENACE »»
May 25, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 31, 2009

357 by xVitro »»
May 21, 9:44 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

29 by salarx »»
May 5, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

511 by Dragona_8002 »»
Apr 28, 11:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.