Forum Settings
Forums

Are you against or up for Rewatching Anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 14, 2017 1:40 PM

Apr 2015
Sometimes I just want to re-experience a fond memory, or I'm going back for the sake of writing a review, or in the case of some of y absolute favorites, I'll go back so I can find any Chekov's Gun/Gunmans before they become used.

So yes, I'm all up for rewatching something.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
May 14, 2017 1:43 PM

Apr 2017
Gintama (someone series)
Shaman King
perhaps that's all
May 14, 2017 1:53 PM
Oct 2015
I just got some classics that don´t grow old.

I have seen El Cazador de La Bruja 4 or 5 times and both seasons of Clannad 3 times.
I just adore those two shows.

As for manga, I am a big yuri fan and Girl Friends is just my absolute favourite.
I have read it 4 times already.

I see no issue in re-watching/reading. It is like replaying a game you already finished. Just because you already know it doesn´t mean you can´t enjoy it again.
May 14, 2017 2:13 PM

Feb 2013
I'm almost at 1,500 completed anime.
Once I reach that number I will start re-watching every anime rated with more than a 8/10, dunno if I will start any finished anime once I start with my re-watching, I will probably start the ones related with anime I already completed.
I will probably start reading manga too.
I'm all in favor of course, why should someone be against you watching again the anime you love?
May 15, 2017 12:16 PM

Jan 2013

OMG HI CIEL

Soriki said:
I personally dislike rewatching Anime, I already know everything that's gonna happen so..
Yeah.

To be honest? I rewatched Naruto and Shaman King because it's my childhood and I forgot almost everything after several years. XDD
Oh, and also Free's FrFr because it's the cutest thing ever!

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 15, 2017 3:54 PM

Jan 2017
I would always rewatch a anime I like because the 1st time through I do not pay enough attention.
May 15, 2017 6:45 PM

Dec 2012
Well, rewatching is one of the primary reasons for owning an anime collection after all.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

May 16, 2017 12:32 AM
Dec 2014
I don't mind rewatching anime, it can be nice.
Jun 29, 2017 2:10 PM

Mar 2016
I don't like to rewatch stuff that I got emotionally attached to in case it ruins that feeling ;-; but I do enjoy watching highlights like AMVs

ᴀ ʙ ɪ ᴅ
no i don't love you, and i never did
Jun 29, 2017 2:24 PM
Aug 2016
I'm not against rewatching anime, since I rewatched a few ones myself, and I plan to rewatch another ones, like some of the ones that I really enjoyed.
Jun 29, 2017 2:26 PM
Dec 2011
The only time I ever rewatch anime is when they are dubbed.
Jun 29, 2017 3:41 PM

Jul 2016
Think about a long time time passed away,will you still remember your anime favourites in detail?

Life is empty without anime

Jun 29, 2017 3:49 PM

Apr 2017
I re-watch several shows/films regularly (5 cm/sec, Tenshi no Tamago, G. S. Nozaki-kun, Phantom: Requiem, Memories, Cossette, etc.), and others that I intent to re-watch (monogatari series, FLCL, Texhnolyze, Sakamichi no Apollon, Kara no Kyoukai, Spice and Wolf, etc.). I will never rematch most shows, however.

Knowing how a show ends (after having seen the show spoiler free the first time!) does not detract from my subsequent viewings. In many cases (5 cm/sec, Phantom: Req., Cossette, etc.), quite the opposite happens; I enjoy them more and more each time. It is not for the plot that I come to a show, it is the nuance, the cinematography, the music, the voice acting, the ideas... These are elements that I understand and appreciate more and more as I re-watch. I meditate on the artistry of anime (some of those scenes from Texhnolyze!!!! Soooooo well done.). Each episode of a great show took an enormous amount of work and creativity. I don't think a 24 minute skim should be the limit of our appreciation for this effort.
Thorn_WallJun 29, 2017 3:56 PM
Jun 29, 2017 3:50 PM

Dec 2012
I don't really rewatch much, I don't get the same buzz I get from the first time I watched it and always end up dropping them again once I find something good to watch
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 29, 2017 3:51 PM
Apr 2016
Why shouldn't you rewatch your favorite series? It's sometimes a lot more fun than watching a newer series. Also it feels good to remind yourself how good anime is.

There's some really good Naruto episodes that I rewatch (like Rock Lee vs Garaa).

Also Kekkai Sensen and Osomatsu are fun anime that I like to rewatch to unwind.

Jun 29, 2017 4:32 PM
Nov 2016
I would only re-watch anime if I haven't seen it for an extended amount of time. But otherwise, no, I wouldn't re-watch it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What anime you think was carried by a single character? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

55 by MeguSae38 »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Jun 3

65 by Shizuna »»
8 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7229 by Akua »»
16 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

70 by Jeevanandhnr »»
19 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film.

Old_School_Akira - 12 hours ago

42 by Theo1899 »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.