Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (163) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2017 3:20 PM

Oct 2015
ssjokg said:
Nyarlathothep said:

Btw, can someone please tell me where I can read the end of Fate Apocrypha LN?

The future.

Or find the thread and the post where it was translated.

Nah, if I read the future, I will only get spoilers which I can find on Google

Oh, so there's a link somewhere on the group o:

ShadowfrostZen said:
Apocrypha ends in a literal shitstorm, because the factions fall apart quickly, which leaves Shishigou, Mordred, Jeanne, Astolfo and Sieg to defeat both factions.

I know Karna and Amakusa both perish in Book 5, though.

Shanks, but I generally tend to avoid spoilers since I like reading things as they go >.<
Not that what you say was not to be expected.
Jan 11, 2017 3:41 PM
Jan 2015
Yeah spoiler tags would have been nice
My Queens

Jan 11, 2017 3:50 PM
Jan 11, 2017 5:26 PM

Nov 2011
It stopped being Red VS Black and turned into Sieg's bizarre adventure which is dumb.

Jan 11, 2017 6:27 PM
May 2015
ShinsoPriest said:

Gee, thanks for the spoilers.
You know, I'm tone deaf to spoilers.
KaiserNazrin said:
It stopped being Red VS Black and turned into Sieg's bizarre adventure which is dumb.
You don't even have to be spoiled to know this.
Jan 11, 2017 11:21 PM

Aug 2010
A lot of people may not be spoiled on some or all of the events of the upcoming adaptations, so let's not ruin that for them.

Thank god I read page 3 first, so I avoided the spoilers haha.

Back on-topic, and without spoilers if you may, in which volume do you think Apocrypha loses steam? I want to set my expectations accordingly. Who knows, maybe I'll end up liking it if my expectations were extremely low :p

And a final question, and you can spoil me on this, with tags of course, bit how much actual focus do Fran and Jack end up getting?
While I see that Apo is a battle royals, I keep seeing that the story has a clearly defined protagonist and isn't as much of an ensemble as we're first lead to believe. So, if the focus is clearly biased towards some characters, and I know Jeanne is one of those, I wanna know if my other favorites will get shafted as a result.
Jan 11, 2017 11:51 PM

Nov 2011
Fran can't talk for shit, there's not much to do with her. She only fought against one servant IIRC. Jack is nowhere to be seen.

Jan 12, 2017 12:52 AM

Aug 2010
There're no scenes from her perspective then? Is everything in the novel narrated by a narrator like in the manga? Because that really sucks, if true.
Damn I expected more.

Really? I thought Unbirth was made because Jack was very popular in Apocrypha.

My hype for Apocrypha has just dampened considerably.
At least Jeanne gets a fair bit of characterization not just "l'm Ruler. I'm also blond", right?
Jan 12, 2017 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
Well, we do know see something from her perspective.

Jack hasn't do anything as far as I have read which is volume 3 I think. I do know she do something later on.

Jeanne is just being Jeanne though there really is no need for any romance between her and Sieg. No one cares about Sieg. There is no valid reason whatsoever for Jeanne to love him. He is a petty homunculus who just want to live. Goddamn cardboard for personality. He is so empty, you can insert heroic spirit inside him.

Jan 12, 2017 4:00 AM

Aug 2009
> He is a petty homunculus who just want to live. Goddamn cardboard for personality. He is so empty, you can insert heroic spirit inside him.

I dont know if this reminds me more of Kuro or Hakuno.
Jan 12, 2017 4:59 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
> He is a petty homunculus who just want to live. Goddamn cardboard for personality. He is so empty, you can insert heroic spirit inside him.

Um, Kuro really shouldn't be in that sentence.
Jan 12, 2017 5:07 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

She is like Sieg in that she is a homunculus that wants to live.And she does try to save the others, even if it isnt the goal that started it all.

Hm....I dont she any objection about Hakuno.

Anyway, my point is that Sieg isnt something new.

As for Jack and Fran,
Jan 12, 2017 7:20 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

She is like Sieg in that she is a homunculus that wants to live.And she does try to save the others, even if it isnt the goal that started it all.

Hm....I dont she any objection about Hakuno.

Anyway, my point is that Sieg isnt something new.

As for Jack and Fran,

That was directed at the "cardboard for personality" comment, because Kuro certainly had more going for her than just being a "humonculous who wanted to live". She already got that at the very beginning of 2wei.
Jan 12, 2017 7:40 AM
Jan 12, 2017 10:03 AM

Oct 2015
So it's like everyone has read the end but no one can link it to me OTL Too many spoilers here -___-

KaiserNazrin said:
Jeanne is just being Jeanne though there really is no need for any romance between her and Sieg. No one cares about Sieg. There is no valid reason whatsoever for Jeanne to love him. He is a petty homunculus who just want to live. Goddamn cardboard for personality. He is so empty, you can insert heroic spirit inside him.

Sieg is 'Empty' because he's like a newborn learning about the world, which is precisely why other characters protect him. As he is with them, he learns from them, and wants to protect and help them back, caring about them and not only about himself. At first, he has survival instincts, but he evolves in the story. That makes him a decent person, which would be enough reason for other characters to actually appreciate him. Also, "he's so empty you can insert [a reader/player] inside him".
Besides, I once read somewhere that mongrels helping another mongrel will appreciate this mongrel more since it all comes from a positive feeling and because it gives them a better opinion of themselves. In the story, Ruler is all about positive feelings, despite her circumstances. In fact, I do think it may be more surprising for Sieg to actually love others since he's been on the receiving end. Couldn't find any better article about this : https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-attraction-doctor/201105/make-them-love-you-taking-not-giving
Jan 12, 2017 5:12 PM
May 2015
astroprogs said:
A lot of people may not be spoiled on some or all of the events of the upcoming adaptations, so let's not ruin that for them.

Thank god I read page 3 first, so I avoided the spoilers haha.

Back on-topic, and without spoilers if you may, in which volume do you think Apocrypha loses steam? I want to set my expectations accordingly. Who knows, maybe I'll end up liking it if my expectations were extremely low :p

And a final question, and you can spoil me on this, with tags of course, bit how much actual focus do Fran and Jack end up getting?
While I see that Apo is a battle royals, I keep seeing that the story has a clearly defined protagonist and isn't as much of an ensemble as we're first lead to believe. So, if the focus is clearly biased towards some characters, and I know Jeanne is one of those, I wanna know if my other favorites will get shafted as a result.
Fran's not that important in the story, but her Master has really, really good sync with her before she esplodes. Jack and Reika have like, 2-3 chapters per book.
Jan 12, 2017 6:47 PM

Nov 2011
Nyarlathothep said:
So it's like everyone has read the end but no one can link it to me OTL Too many spoilers here -___-

KaiserNazrin said:

Sieg is 'Empty' because he's like a newborn learning about the world, which is precisely why other characters protect him. As he is with them, he learns from them, and wants to protect and help them back, caring about them and not only about himself. At first, he has survival instincts, but he evolves in the story. That makes him a decent person, which would be enough reason for other characters to actually appreciate him. Also, "he's so empty you can insert [a reader/player] inside him".
Besides, I once read somewhere that mongrels helping another mongrel will appreciate this mongrel more since it all comes from a positive feeling and because it gives them a better opinion of themselves. In the story, Ruler is all about positive feelings, despite her circumstances. In fact, I do think it may be more surprising for Sieg to actually love others since he's been on the receiving end. Couldn't find any better article about this : https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-attraction-doctor/201105/make-them-love-you-taking-not-giving

too long, didn't read. Sieg is a boring character that turn what could be an interesting story into a shit story about his life.

"Boo hoo, I am homunculus, I don't want to die. Look at how cruel this world treat me.

Few chapters later

" I got powers now so I can save everyone like me. :D"

But why should I care?
Kaiser-chanJan 12, 2017 7:04 PM

Jan 13, 2017 6:05 AM
Jul 2016
KaiserNazrin said:
Nyarlathothep said:

too long, didn't read. Sieg is a boring character that turn what could be an interesting story into a shit story about his life.

"Boo hoo, I am homunculus, I don't want to die. Look at how cruel this world treat me.

Few chapters later

But why should I care?

Why should you care about Kerry, Chaldeas, Shirou, Kirei, Artoria, EMIYA, Rin, Sakura or any other character in a fictional story ever created?
That's a pretty dumb question. Also, "too long, didn't read"? That was two paragraphs, dude. Do you stop reading after two lines?
Jan 13, 2017 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
Frostbite_ said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Few chapters later

But why should I care?

Why should you care about Kerry, Chaldeas, Shirou, Kirei, Artoria, EMIYA, Rin, Sakura or any other character in a fictional story ever created?
That's a pretty dumb question. Also, "too long, didn't read"? That was two paragraphs, dude. Do you stop reading after two lines?

Because they are interesting? I mean some of them at least so I would care. This guy is literally nobody.
There is no such thing as dumb question. I read it but I don't want to think about it.
Kaiser-chanJan 13, 2017 6:17 AM

Jan 13, 2017 6:17 AM
Jul 2016
KaiserNazrin said:
Frostbite_ said:

Because they are interesting? I mean some of them at least so I would care.
There is no such thing as dumb question. Too long for something I don't care about.

Which means you assume he's not interesting. Which is kind of a shitty thing to do. And if you didn't care about it at all, why are you even talking about it? You seem pretty angry about it to me.
Jan 13, 2017 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
Frostbite_ said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Because they are interesting? I mean some of them at least so I would care.
There is no such thing as dumb question. Too long for something I don't care about.

Which means you assume he's not interesting. Which is kind of a shitty thing to do. And if you didn't care about it at all, why are you even talking about it? You seem pretty angry about it to me.

He is not interesting. I read the damn thing. I know what he is. Do you?
I don't care about him but I have to read story about him so I can talk about how much I don't care about him. Get it?

Jan 13, 2017 6:26 AM

Aug 2009
I did care about him so?

I mean,we always read about how the Einzberns treat homunculi, and some of us cared about those so.....
Jan 13, 2017 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
I did care about him so?

I mean,we always read about how the Einzberns treat homunculi, and some of us cared about those so.....

Good for you, man.

I never did.

Jan 13, 2017 6:32 AM

Aug 2009
KaiserNazrin said:
ssjokg said:
I did care about him so?

Good for you, man.

I never did.
I am talking about your "Nobody cares about him".

I never cared about Hakuno and I think Extra sucks but everyone else thinks it is great.
Jan 13, 2017 6:39 AM
Jul 2016
KaiserNazrin said:
Frostbite_ said:

I don't care about him but I have to read story about him so I can talk about how much I don't care about him. Get it?

Again, you clearly care. You're angry about something because if you weren't, you'd just shrug and move on.
Jan 13, 2017 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Good for you, man.

I never did.
I am talking about your "Nobody cares about him".

I never cared about Hakuno and I think Extra sucks but everyone else thinks it is great.

Well, there are more than 2 billions people in this planet so it should be possible for someone to think differently. Not everyone can hate someone and not everyone can like someone. I simply use nobody because its a popular opinion that people don't care and dislike him.

That's something we have in common.
Kaiser-chanJan 13, 2017 6:53 AM

Jan 13, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
Frostbite_ said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Again, you clearly care. You're angry about something because if you weren't, you'd just shrug and move on.

I am gonna shrug and move on from you.

Jan 13, 2017 8:39 AM

Oct 2015
Sieg has an agreeable personality, but that makes him not stand out much from other characters, which is why some may find him "Boring". When I was reading his story, I was interested in the consequences of what Siegfried did to him, since it was pretty unusual. I'm not particularly fond of him either, but I still think he's okay-ish.
Jan 13, 2017 2:01 PM
May 2015
Sieg has potential, but he wasted it. I don't find him as bad as Shirou imho.
Jan 14, 2017 3:52 PM

Oct 2015
So, besides the ones listed before, there is another upcoming Fate anime movie : A Prisma Illya movie. How lucky I am, since I finished the Prisma Illya animes, I'll be able to watch it Lol Actually, last season was not as bad as previous ones and Shirou was rather cool. Gil-kun steals the spotlight when he appears, as expected
NyarlathothepJan 14, 2017 3:57 PM
Jan 14, 2017 9:17 PM

Aug 2010
Nyarlathothep said:
So, besides the ones listed before, there is another upcoming Fate anime movie : A Prisma Illya movie. How lucky I am, since I finished the Prisma Illya animes, I'll be able to watch it Lol Actually, last season was not as bad as previous ones and Shirou was rather cool. Gil-kun steals the spotlight when he appears, as expected

If you though that of the last iseason, the movie should blow your socks off.

Ever imagined F/SN Shirou going through HF without Rin teaching and backing him up?
People started labeling 3rei as Heaven's Feel 2.0 solely because of that arc.
astroprogsJan 14, 2017 9:23 PM
Jan 15, 2017 2:16 AM

Oct 2015
astroprogs said:
Nyarlathothep said:

If you though that of the last iseason, the movie should blow your socks off.

Ever imagined F/SN Shirou going through HF without Rin teaching and backing him up?
People started labeling 3rei as Heaven's Feel 2.0 solely because of that arc.

Seeing the turn the anime got, I expect the movie to be interesting.

You will laugh .. I know almost nothing of the Heaven's Fell route Haha I avoid spoilers and patiently wait for the anime, so xD
Maybe it's also because Sakura appears? She seems rather yandere for Shirou.
Jan 26, 2017 10:39 AM

Aug 2010
Fate scans from Comp Ace March 2017 issue.

The rest:
Jan 26, 2017 10:55 AM
Jan 26, 2017 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
Wow Sieg looks SOOOOOOOO bad.

It's Ishida, so... yeah.
Jan 26, 2017 2:57 PM

Oct 2015
Sieg didn't look particularly good in the first place. I wonderred a bit who was the woman on the right, I forgot about her o:
Do we know at which moment of the year the series will be out?
Jan 26, 2017 3:18 PM

Aug 2010
Nyarlathothep said:
Sieg didn't look particularly good in the first place. I wonderred a bit who was the woman on the right, I forgot about her o:
Do we know at which moment of the year the series will be out?

Personally, i think he looks pretty good in the anime trailer.

I believe that's Reika. She also got this CE in GO.
Definitely looking forward to her character in the anime.

No, we just have "2017" as the date.
Jan 26, 2017 3:38 PM

Oct 2015
^ This pic is nice. That's his best angle :p

Guessed so since Assassin of Black was also on the pic.
Their duo didn't particularly interest me in the novel so they're not the ones I'm looking forward to in the anime

For none of the animes o: I don't even know about Heaven's Feels Q__Q
Feb 2, 2017 3:52 PM
Feb 2, 2017 4:08 PM

Jun 2015
Sakura's dialogue is literally just talking about cooking. They really are capturing the true spirit of Heaven's Feel.

Feb 3, 2017 3:45 AM

Aug 2010
KingOfSherous said:
Sakura's dialogue is literally just talking about cooking. They really are capturing the true spirit of Heaven's Feel.

Fish simmering in motion HYPE.
Feb 3, 2017 7:55 AM

Aug 2010
ufo's Furusato x Awa Odori ad posters featuring F/SN: Heaven's Feel.

Feb 3, 2017 8:04 AM

Aug 2009
>Hassan
>Shadow
>Caren
>Bazett
>Angra

Hollow Ataraxia adaptation confirmed.
Feb 13, 2017 5:12 AM

Aug 2010

This illustration will be on a bonus clear file that will be handed to those who order their tickets early (starting from February 18th).
Looks like the viewing won't be that far off now. I'm expecting either June or July.
astroprogsFeb 13, 2017 6:02 AM
Feb 19, 2017 2:46 AM

Oct 2015
I saw a while ago that apparently, the Heaven's Feel movie may be out on 30th September :D
Feb 19, 2017 2:56 AM

Apr 2016
Nyarlathothep said:
I saw a while ago that apparently, the Heaven's Feel movie may be out on 30th September :D

I'm crying in corner because i would be able to watch it most likely half a year after that date :/
Feb 19, 2017 4:01 AM

Aug 2010
Yup, September 30th it is.

Yet another twist from Nasu, 2018 was the year of Fate all along :p

Swagernator said:
Nyarlathothep said:

I'm crying in corner because i would be able to watch it most likely half a year after that date :/

I waited for the Persona 3 movies to release all its parts from June 2012 to January 2016 and the wait turned out surprisingly well for me. I mean, losing 2/3rds of body weight and all of my hair is normal, right?
astroprogsFeb 19, 2017 4:09 AM
Feb 19, 2017 4:19 AM

Oct 2015
How about waiting for all 3 movies to be out before watching it, so that we can watch it all at once? xD
Feb 19, 2017 4:21 AM
Feb 19, 2017 10:23 AM

Aug 2009
We survived FHA's translation, Ufotable animating any FSN, HF announcement....

This is nothing.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (163) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Non-Type-Moon] All-around Discussions v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShinsoPriest - Aug 10, 2021

9152 by astroprogs »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » [Fate/Grand Order] All-around Discussions v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mira-pyon - Aug 6, 2021

1321 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
9 hours ago

» Seasonal Anime Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiser-chan - Apr 18, 2018

7291 by Kaiser-chan »»
Jun 4, 9:37 AM

» Fan Art Thread. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mira-pyon - Oct 13, 2015

2589 by Nyarly-Kanamin »»
May 7, 3:35 AM

» [Fate/Gaming] All-around Discussions [Non-Tagged Spoilers Are Bad Civilization] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

astroprogs - Dec 10, 2015

614 by belatkuro »»
Mar 22, 7:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.