Forum Settings
Forums

Do people actually put the date of when they started an anime and finished an anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 11, 2020 9:05 AM

Aug 2018
I do this because I like to have the option to know when I saw something and how long it took to finish it. Probably not something I'll pay a lot of attention to for most of them but I do for some and it's nice to have just in case.
Jul 11, 2020 10:51 AM

May 2015
I do put it in bc I always would love to know how long it took me and when I watched it. Sadly ,I cant do that from before I started doing it.
Jul 11, 2020 10:52 AM

Jul 2019
The MAL app does it automatically lol
I'm looking for recommendations, always. Please message me if you have any really good (maybe relatively unknown) anime for me!
Jul 11, 2020 10:56 AM

Dec 2017
Idk really i never did that it could be nice to know on what date i watched each anime idk why i dont do that but i just dont
Don't fuck up the present, it's connected to your future!
Jul 11, 2020 11:08 AM
Aug 2018
If it did by default then that'd be great but nah. Adding stuff and updating it is plenty enough. I don't have to go the extra mile trying to record when exactly did I finish a show. If the show was any good it's gonna stay in my mind for a while. If not then it's probably gonna get forgotten.
Jul 11, 2020 11:14 AM
Jul 2019
Would be nice if MAL did it for you but unfortunately it can't. For me it's pointless. Like who would look at it?

I do add the date in manga cause the way MAL calculates the time for reading is so inaccurate, I often look at it to see how long I've actually been reading it.
Jul 11, 2020 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
I know may people don't do it I do because it is good for future reference plus it also allows me to see hiw fast I was bake to complete an anime and it isn't that big a hassle beacuse there exists a button called - 'ibsert today' , there are some animes if which I don't know the exact date I started and ended watching it because I watched them before joining MAL
Jul 11, 2020 11:21 AM

Jun 2016
I do it all the time. I like it for my own personal reference. It's fun to look back and see how fast or how long it took to complete an anime. Also if I want to rewatch an anime, I know when the last time I watched it was (I also type rewatched dates in the comments section of that anime). Before I found MAL, I would just write down my anime in a notebook but never put the dates. I regret that now. So all the anime I watched before MAL don't have dates. :( I don't even know for sure when I started watching anime...
"The coexistence of diverse political values is the essence of democracy."

Jul 11, 2020 11:23 AM

Dec 2019
Mal kinda does it for me from my recent animes ive watched
Jul 11, 2020 3:17 PM

May 2018
ive never understood why people do it... like is it meant to be cool or something? what are you trying to show of? what does it prove? lmao
Jul 11, 2020 3:19 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What are you gonna watch next season?

Pinoffin - 10 hours ago

26 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

» What is good animation?

LenRea - Yesterday

15 by Dachitosoru »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - 4 hours ago

13 by perseii »»
21 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 3 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

123 by SnipeStrike »»
34 minutes ago

» How easy is it for you to pick new anime to watch? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

14 by tsukareru »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.